Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:22:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:10:15 AM

I was actually considering a CrazyLoaf Project Management thread. But with most of this stuff, developers, designers, and marketers are needed. I will go ahead and make it I think Wink
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 02:11:17 AM

I was actually considering a CrazyLoaf Project Management thread. But with most of this stuff, developers, designers, and marketers are needed. I will go ahead and make it I think Wink
Excellent CrazyLoaf! This is exactly what we need!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:18:39 AM

1) by using the richlist select an amount of hype . for example those folks holding lets say, 75k or more for longer then a certain number of days gets a bonus...for instance..lets say i owned (i do not actually but for the sake of the statement) 75 k hype...ive had it in my wallet for 90+ days i could get some sort of a bonus...say maybe 1k "bonus HYP" or you could use a percentage like anyone owning over 75k+ HYP on a certain addres for continuous 90 days would receive this bonus...and then a "silver hypster" could maybe be someone who is holding 50-74,999.99 and they could get a bonus as well..and then for bronze anyone who holds 25k-49,999.99k hyp gets a bonus....and then you could always double the bonus if the balances retain the value for a consecutive 180 days...etc... this could be modified in MANY ways (the rewards, the levels, the amounts, etc)
just a thought,it would encourage people to hold the coin long term and encourage even more for people to hold on to there staking coins

2) im not sure if this exists ....if it does,then disregard this one.  create a website or branch it off a website , and sell merchandise ..you might say...that costs to much..well no, not really. you could just have them made as you sell them... theres tons of sites that do this and also there are local places here that do it. id buy a HYP coffee mug or hat or shirt and i wouldnt mind waiting a few days to have it "process" (this would be the time it would take for you to get it from the manufacturer) or you could always have it made and keep it on hand, either way i think itd be good.. you have a very strong community and im sure (specially with the pictures of the HYP girls) alot of guys on here would buy stuff from you

3) this branches off of number 2. you could take the profits from the merchandise and put it into contests and development or anything else you wanted to do...or invest it in HYP loan and maybe rather then 4k move it up to 6k or 8k . this would encourage people to contribute to get the loan

4.  again,this may already exist.  create a video (longer then 3-5 minutes ) explaining HYP and its benefits to the community and what it can offer, id assume presstab would be the guy to do this...but any "sr. member" whose been in hyp for a while (preferably from the beginning). and put it anywhere you can...forums, trollboxes, facebook,twitter ...ANYWHERE!!! itd be good to get the word out there

these are just the finalized ideas , let me know what you think guys i have a few more ideas but i need to refine them a bit but thats what i have so far..any feedback would be great,thanks!!
One would discourage volume, I'm afraid. I prefer Stake Hunter's pledge (or Latapie Pledge): sell 25% or your stake for BTC (or for XMR). Plus telling between bought coins and stacked coins is... difficult at best.

Two is definitely something we consider, although it requires manpower to operate it - and probably outsourcing most of it (which is not an issue, as long as it is done well).

Three is good

Four we are discussing it and we'll probably have a meeting in Paris with waxo and hegemoon (sorry press, SLC another time, promised) in late November/early December.

Presstab would it be possible to add a donation wallet I'm setting up for reddit giveaways onto the main post.
Of course, just let me know the address and I will throw it up.
Do we need another donation address? Isn't the Community wallet enough? I'm OK if it serves a particular purpose but it not, let's just mix them all.
Some time ago, I told about the Latapie pledge: selling 25% of my stakes for for Monero (on the XMR/HYP) market. Still valid.

Some more things I'd like to share with you. I seldom buy at at sell price. Instead, I place buy orders at a round number. My previous one was at 0.02 XMR and it got eaten (pre DDOS, the buy price was at 0.013 XMR, I don't remember for BTC)

As for the block, a rich man's problem is to not have block competing with other too much. So, presstab's latest code introduced first on IRC won't work much for me, because I will have too mich block at the same blocksize at the same moment. 21000/7 would give me 7 blocks at 3000. Generated at the same moment with the same weight, they run the risk of making me hit the subsidy wall. So I stick with my manual (and time-consuming) strategy: 1 block at 3300, 1 at 3600, 1 at 3900. Experience proved me that I have too much block for 4000. Of course the fact that I had to reset my blocks because of my own stupidity some weeks influence my calculation and I should see how it goes in one month. But better safe than sorry, I will continue using this 3300/600/3900/3300 scheme.

understood...1 was kinda like an "eh" thought...after i posted i thought..."why would someone with 75k plus care about 1k? " haha oh well...out of the 4 i posted i believe 4 is the most important...simply because information will build confidence...confidence will build investors... and there u have it Smiley

as a side note: i buy and sell HYP with BTC...never was an XMR guy but ill check it out...thanks alot david
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:27:36 AM

Excellent CrazyLoaf! This is exactly what we need!

Alright, I'll be slinging info on this later:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=840187

CrazyLoaf's HyperStake (HYP) Project Management Thread

Join the HYP machine!
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 02:34:01 AM

This is a crazy idea but if HYP becomes crazy popular POS "ASICS" could become a thing... I imagine tiny USB sticks or machines that connect to the internet and just stake. Basically a RASP pi, but would have to be plug and play, cheap and similar power efficiency.

Another crazy idea is if there were "HYP Shares" People invested just BTC and you would use it to buy HYP. 5% profit every 15 days or so, and remaining 15% stake could be given to community wallet. Inspired by an idea while back that I can't recall...

Also a multipool is huge... That should be our next goal IMO.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
freedomsr40

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:42:53 AM

This is a crazy idea but if HYP becomes crazy popular POS "ASICS" could become a thing... I imagine tiny USB sticks or machines that connect to the internet and just stake. Basically a RASP pi, but would have to be plug and play, cheap and similar power efficiency.

Another crazy idea is if there were "HYP Shares" People invested just BTC and you would use it to buy HYP. 5% profit every 15 days or so, and remaining 15% stake could be given to community wallet. Inspired by an idea while back that I can't recall...

you reminded me of something..i have NO idea if this is possible im not a programmer...i have a magic jack ...just plug an Ethernet cable into it and into the router and off u go... an asic like that would be awesome...maybe make it accessible via the I.P address on your local network...THAT would be awesome...that even uses less then a raspi (i think) its equal to charging an iphone Smiley sure beats the 80 watt PSU in my desktop im using for staking
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:24:04 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 01:09:38 PM by David Latapie

you reminded me of something..i have NO idea if this is possible im not a programmer...i have a magic jack ...just plug an Ethernet cable into it and into the router and off u go... an asic like that would be awesome...maybe make it accessible via the I.P address on your local network...THAT would be awesome...that even uses less then a raspi (i think) its equal to charging an iphone Smiley sure beats the 80 watt PSU in my desktop im using for staking
Remember that the interest rate will lower drastically starting from December. So, don't advertise hard numbers for time to stake. Otherwise, very good. You should team up with waxo - he is on HYPberry, but HYPstick (or HYPkey) would be a nice addition.
(edit: corrected after presstab replied)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
freedomsr40

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:34:27 AM

Remember that the interest rate will lower drastically starting from December. So, don't advertise hard numbers. Otherwise, very good. You should team up with waxo - he is on HYPberry, but HYPstick (or HYPkey) would be a nice addition.

well that really sucks...when is it expected to go down to 100%?
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:38:50 AM

Bummer indeed. Hopefully I can get a couple more stakes in before hand.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:16:08 AM

Remember that the interest rate will lower drastically starting from December. So, don't advertise hard numbers. Otherwise, very good. You should team up with waxo - he is on HYPberry, but HYPstick (or HYPkey) would be a nice addition.
[/quote]

Interest rate is not going to be lowered dramatically, it will remain the same forever. What will change is that difficulty will being to rise quicker than it is now. So you will either have to keep smaller blocks, or bite the bullet and use larger blocks that will stake faster and hit the ceiling. The rate is only changed for those that decide to go for the faster stake.

It may even be an option to hard fork in order to extend the maximum weight age from 30 days to 60 days or so, giving small patient blocks more time to gain weight, and thus still get full 750%.

The hardest part to predict is how fast difficulty will grow.  In my own scenarios, I would estimate January or February is when difficulty will really be out of control. But it is hard to say for sure. Depends on the destruction of age, transactions, block sizes, etc.

Will be fun to watch to be honest.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:20:16 AM

How do I get rid of HYP "dust"?
http://imgur.com/AVy4Ups (IDK how to link it, to just show the image here)

Next time you consolidate a block, just include those small inputs as well as what you'd normally use.
Any number of inputs (within reason) can be used there.

More info can be found in the tutorial from presstab:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13257-splitting-and-combining-blocks-using-coin-control/

I try and do that, but I always get some more left over for some reason...

Hold tight and I will fix the calculations for you  Wink  I'll maybe throw out another beta or something. I haven't got all the changes I want for a full release yet, so maybe beta. HyperStake has lots of HyperBeta's lately lol  Cheesy

Fixed https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/e4fe8953471f2a98e74ee2c71f8badb93296affc

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
freedomsr40

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:24:59 AM

thanks for clarifying prestab i was going to say..i didnt see anywhere about the % going down ...i know the diff. will go up but thats fine haha...maybe raise the max to 2k when the diff. goes crazy? just a thought..
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:07:26 AM

I can arange mining shares if there is interest.
For EnergyCoin I work together with GQM (Ryan Scott) on the NXTforum and he introduced EnergyGHZ. One share is now 35 NXT and payout weekly in ENRG. He is mining BTC. The ROI is 40 weeks now! Last payout was 100 ENRG per share or 1.1 NXT per share for NXTGHZ shares.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:17:09 AM

confused,..which is true ??
david said ''interest rate will lower drastically starting from December

presstab said ''Interest rate is not going to be lowered dramatically, it will remain the same forever. What will change is that difficulty will being to rise quicker than it is now

you are both the dev of HYP,.why different statements
istvandv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:24:55 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 08:34:56 AM by istvandv

confused,..which is true ??
david said ''interest rate will lower drastically starting from December

presstab said ''Interest rate is not going to be lowered dramatically, it will remain the same forever. What will change is that difficulty will being to rise quicker than it is now

you are both the dev of HYP,.why different statements

tecnically, interest rate if fixed 750%

when difficulty increases, max subsidy kicks in, you will only get max 1000 HYP stake and effectively get lower than 750%

for example you have 4000 HYP but because of high difficulty, it took 20 day for it to stake

4000 HYP * 7.5 interest / 365 * 20 days = 1,643 HYP

but instead of getting 1,643 HYP, you will only get 1000 HYP because that is the maximum set for every stake

in that example the interest gained was effectively only 456.25%
4000 HYP * 4.5625 / 365 * 20 = 1000 HYP

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
eatthetree3

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:06:47 AM

Hi all I'm looking for opinions please. I am thinking of starting a service up similar to HyperPool. I currently have a pi running 24/7 staking atm . my idea is to offer a 24/7 staking wallet for anyone to send their coins to to stake. This may sound similar to HyperPool but I'm aiming to attract bigger holders that are looking to stake 24/7. HyperPool is ment for small time holders which it should be kept at.

I will charge a 5% fee which will all be staked and go towards a donation address which will be used for giveaways mainly on the HYP sub Reddit.

I will set up another thread and build on this if people like thenidea . in essence I am creating a HyperPool aimed for bigger holders looking to make the most out of their HYP and stake 24/7.

Feel free to comment if you like the idea or have any suggestions.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:15:31 AM

Hi all I'm looking for opinions please. I am thinking of starting a service up similar to HyperPool. I currently have a pi running 24/7 staking atm . my idea is to offer a 24/7 staking wallet for anyone to send their coins to to stake. This may sound similar to HyperPool but I'm aiming to attract bigger holders that are looking to stake 24/7. HyperPool is ment for small time holders which it should be kept at.

I will charge a 5% fee which will all be staked and go towards a donation address which will be used for giveaways mainly on the HYP sub Reddit.

I will set up another thread and build on this if people like thenidea . in essence I am creating a HyperPool aimed for bigger holders looking to make the most out of their HYP and stake 24/7.

Feel free to comment if you like the idea or have any suggestions.

I think the biggest problem you're going to face is one of trust - I've seen you around on IRC, so I know you're an active member there, but a lot of people will look at your account, see that it's only a few days old, and then worry about giving their money to a new account, for something they can do themselves and not risk their HYP.

Maybe look to team up with someone else who's a part of HYP, who's got a stronger name behind them, so there's more trust built in.

I like the idea though, I just wonder who's going to want to give up 5% of their earnings (I assume you mean 5% of the staked reward), for something they can do themselves with a couple of clicks.

I'll be putting a new idea out here myself in a bit, which I think could be a fun alternative. Stay tuned Smiley
eatthetree3

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:26:22 AM

Hi cheers for your feedback.

I understand trust is mainly going to be the number one factor and that is something I will have to work out. The main reason for doing this is that a lot of people can't stake 24/7 for reasons such as cost, noise etc. This is the main reasoning behind the idea. Why waste precious staking.
liteuser

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:02:36 PM

Well got this commited to the repo today  Wink

Nice.  That's a handy function indeed.

Thanks, it has worked like a charm:

http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction?transaction=b08573baf0641a6ac1a6aa46d5569d9547fb8c70a8ddb427afec16a5ab67662f

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:15:28 PM

Congratulations! that feature sure is handy. 

Now we know who is #10 Wink

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: