Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YoungJesus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:35:16 AM

Hey presstab, i'm liking the development and such thats going on at the moment!
Currrently i have a block of 3356 with an age of 17.25 and a weight of 56800 and it still hasn't staked even though other smaller blocks with less age in my wallet are starting to stake. Does this happen occasionally or???
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:49:54 AM

Currrently i have a block of 3356 with an age of 17.25 and a weight of 56800 and it still hasn't staked even though other smaller blocks with less age in my wallet are starting to stake. Does this happen occasionally or???

This happens to me pretty frequently. Not sure why. I've discussed it with Presstab, and he can shed no light on it either, but sometimes it seems to choose lower priority blocks. It's the "luck" part of minting.
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Funny how newbies accounts proliferate proportionately to HYP dumping. Minus 22% today, but wait for the incoming sub 100 sats, you're gonna love it all the more.
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:02:10 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 08:17:43 AM by Serby

This does not look good. HYP is slowly dying, someone is dumping. I think I'll follow suit: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_hyp.

Follow suit in dumping? Just the opposite would be more appropriate.

It is time to buy to cost average down, hold and stake. The price will go back up and when it does those who were patient will reap the rewards.

Quite the contrary, holding on while you lose more and more every day that passes, just because you hope it will go back up (nearly 7000% devaluation during the last two months compared to 750% POS)... You're probaly right, HYP will be pumped once or twice, just before the dead cat bounce, and dumped beyond recovery.
This does not look good. HYP is slowly dying, someone is dumping. I think I'll follow suit: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_hyp.

yeah so someone got me real drunk last night and I ended up giving away a shit ton of coins. oops.

fuck yeah, I got high too, but I didn't give a shit AT ALL.  

I can tell you that, HYP is a coin network, not just a simple exchange rate. If the exchange rate goes down... that doesn't have any impact on the network, so long as people continue to stake and move transactions along.  There isn't much I can do about exchange rate,  that is decided by all of you guys for the most part. But I can say that I will be staking and continuing to improve the wallet and core code for a long time to come. This is what determines how long the coin lasts, not exchange rate.

I beg to differ, network impact has nothing to do with people staking 750% of a coin that has lost 7000% of its value. It's easy to see how long the coin will last if this downward trend continues, just because what determines whether HYP will last or not is not only related to the technical aspect of your coding skills, but also to the demand side, that is to say, the proportion in which people will buy it. As of now, that low price level is what deters people from buying HYP (remember the panic buyers at 6k). No matter how cheap it is, it will eventually get dumped beyond recovery.
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:22:45 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 11:00:41 AM by iantunc

I beg to differ, network impact has nothing to do with people staking 750% of a coin that has lost 7000% of its value. It's easy to see how long the coin will last if this downward trend continues, just because what determines whether HYP will last or not is not only related to the technical aspect of your coding skills, but also to the demand side, that is to say, the proportion in which people will buy it. As of now, that low price level is what deters people from buying HYP (remember the panic buyers at 6k). No matter how cheap it is, it will eventually get dumped beyond recovery.

First of all, not 7000% but around 3000% of its all-time price peak (10k sat). This price wasn't the real value, it was the result of a hype. And up till now the absolute floor on Polo (181 sat) isn't passed. The demand side is rather complex. Demand is formed not only by investors who want immediate profits from long positions (or from short period staking), but also by long-time holders, who can see benefits of buying at the dips a coin with decent perspectives (the lower the price is, the bigger share of entire supply they can afford without considerable financial risks). So if for the first group of people a downtrand is a factor of disturbance, for the second it is a window of possibilities. Besides that, there is a third group of demand drivers, the group of cryptocurrency real users that HYP doesn't have yet but will.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:00:23 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 11:22:50 AM by iantunc

This happens to me pretty frequently. Not sure why. I've discussed it with Presstab, and he can shed no light on it either, but sometimes it seems to choose lower priority blocks. It's the "luck" part of minting.

I'll try to explain what happens when your stacks are starting to stake (after 8.8 days of maturity). To create a block (a database entry with all current transactions), your wallet needs to make a so-called coinstake transaction (similar to coinbase transaction in Bitcoin, which gives the reward) to yourself. This transaction should be verified by a hash. The process of finding the hash looks as follows: every second a CPU miner hashes current time separately with all of your unspent outputs (i.e your stacks). If one of the resulting hashes meets a certain criteria (is smaller than stack weight multiplied by a current hash target, which decreases when difficulty rises), the coinstake transaction is made and a block is created (we say in this case that a stack has staked). The result of the hashing process is unpredictable, as every second you get a completely random hash. And there is a chance that the hash of the current time and an unspent output with a smaller than others weight will win the competition.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:59:57 PM

@presstab I thought of an idea to bring demand back to the coin, and im sure it would require a hardfork and a LOT of work, or a complete rework of the coin, but I think it will jolt HYP back into the upward direction.  What about a rework of the coin were the more total coins you hold, the higher chance you can stake and/or the more interest you make for holding a higher total amount. What Im saying is it will encourage people that are not holding many to buy more. This is what we need, a reason for people to buy more HYP. Those that do support the coin and have invested the most will get the highest rewards. Its an idea. Maybe call it HYP II. Just throwing out ideas.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

@presstab I thought of an idea to bring demand back to the coin, and im sure it would require a hardfork and a LOT of work, or a complete rework of the coin, but I think it will jolt HYP back into the upward direction.  What about a rework of the coin were the more total coins you hold, the higher chance you can stake and/or the more interest you make for holding a higher total amount. What Im saying is it will encourage people that are not holding many to buy more. This is what we need, a reason for people to buy more HYP. Those that do support the coin and have invested the most will get the highest rewards. Its an idea. Maybe call it HYP II. Just throwing out ideas.

Vegas

I think there is a security risk in doing that.  If one or a couple people end up holding huge amounts, they can control the network.
Plus what if they decide to dump more..? it will just keep the price down too.

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 04:59:55 PM

Its already like that, presstab and a few other big holders have majority of HYP. I feel like there intentions are well, and they won't be dumping anytime soon, if ever.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:06:47 PM

@presstab I thought of an idea to bring demand back to the coin, and im sure it would require a hardfork and a LOT of work, or a complete rework of the coin, but I think it will jolt HYP back into the upward direction.  What about a rework of the coin were the more total coins you hold, the higher chance you can stake and/or the more interest you make for holding a higher total amount. What Im saying is it will encourage people that are not holding many to buy more. This is what we need, a reason for people to buy more HYP. Those that do support the coin and have invested the most will get the highest rewards. Its an idea. Maybe call it HYP II. Just throwing out ideas.

Vegas

Unless a very creative and technologically advanced method is added to this scheme, this would only damage the security of the network because it makes it easier to accumulate coins for a more robust attack.

At this point, its not that far off from what you describe... those with the most coin weight have the most staking power.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 06:55:57 PM

New entries in the HyperStake Development Journal (HDJ):

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

Great work David! How much do you think difficulty and weight will be affected by?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:34:48 PM

not to forget its a holiday season so all coins are down all across exchanges, people are cashing out to buy gifts and all

Happy holidays

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:14:05 PM

not to forget its a holiday season so all coins are down all across exchanges, people are cashing out to buy gifts and all

Happy holidays

Which coins are you speaking of? I'd assume Bitcoin is the coin most people are cashing out, and it's holding it's price just fine.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

Great work David! How much do you think difficulty and weight will be affected by?
If not default: negligeable. If default: maybe 30% of reduction once a large enough amount of people update, which will probably take quite some time, considering we don't have any built-in new version notification system (presstab, something to consider).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:18:44 PM

Interesting. What is considered "large holdings"? Anyone above 100K HYP?

CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:28:02 PM

I can tell you that, HYP is a coin network, not just a simple exchange rate. If the exchange rate goes down... that doesn't have any impact on the network, so long as people continue to stake and move transactions along.  There isn't much I can do about exchange rate,  that is decided by all of you guys for the most part. But I can say that I will be staking and continuing to improve the wallet and core code for a long time to come. This is what determines how long the coin lasts, not exchange rate.

Bravo!

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:04:01 PM

It is time to buy to cost average down, hold and stake. The price will go back up and when it does those who were patient will reap the rewards.

Quite the contrary, holding on while you lose more and more every day that passes, just because you hope it will go back up (nearly 7000% devaluation during the last two months compared to 750% POS)... You're probaly right, HYP will be pumped once or twice, just before the dead cat bounce, and dumped beyond recovery.

yeah so someone got me real drunk last night and I ended up giving away a shit ton of coins. oops.

I can tell you that, HYP is a coin network, not just a simple exchange rate. If the exchange rate goes down... that doesn't have any impact on the network, so long as people continue to stake and move transactions along.  There isn't much I can do about exchange rate,  that is decided by all of you guys for the most part. But I can say that I will be staking and continuing to improve the wallet and core code for a long time to come. This is what determines how long the coin lasts, not exchange rate.

So very right!

bitmaster222

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:26:35 PM

So very right!

I might add that if people don"t have the stomach for investing or can not ride through the larger swings you probably have no business in trading at all!
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

So very right!

I might add that if people don"t have the stomach for investing or can not ride through the larger swings you probably have no business in trading at all!

There's still need for more people in crypto, but perhaps they could stick to the more stable ones like Bitcoin or Litecoin Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: