Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rhader

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:37:30 PM

I am really excited for the future of Viacoin. Bitcoin is obviously strong because it was the first cryptocurrency, but Viacoin offers so much more than bitcoin and could possibly replace it over time. If you think about it, bitcoin may need to be replaced at some point - it is like an old computer that may eventually be phased out (Comment if you agree or disagree). Out of all the alternatives out there at this point in time, I say that Viacoin is a very strong contender  Shocked

Investors beware of this coin. It may be a second chance to adopt a coin that will go up in value beyond our dreams (like bitcoin did).

I would like to hear some responses back on whether you agree or disagree with me.

BTCKYLE
BTC

Lets not get stupid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhader

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

I am really excited for the future of Viacoin. Bitcoin is obviously strong because it was the first cryptocurrency, but Viacoin offers so much more than bitcoin and could possibly replace it over time. If you think about it, bitcoin may need to be replaced at some point - it is like an old computer that may eventually be phased out (Comment if you agree or disagree). Out of all the alternatives out there at this point in time, I say that Viacoin is a very strong contender  Shocked

Investors beware of this coin. It may be a second chance to adopt a coin that will go up in value beyond our dreams (like bitcoin did).

I would like to hear some responses back on whether you agree or disagree with me.

BTCKYLE
BTC

Lets not get stupid.

Let's not get stupid about what? I can't generate conversation among the community? I simply wanted to hear meaningful response to gauge how others felt about the future of this coin

I see. At this point there are no competitors to bitcoin. Im not saying there wont be in the future, but if there are, that future is far far away. I think we should focus on getting the wider public to accept BTC before we push more crypto on them. Trying to kill each other off might only leave us all dead.
japandrew73

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:00:12 PM

someone just bought a shitload of VIA….. someone knows something..

Edit:  https://twitter.com/viacoin/status/509067672688947200

Expresscoin and Viacoin have teamed up to bring Viacoin to point of sale, payment gateways, ATMs and more.

Expresscoin was started in 2013, bootstrapped from a $200K seed round and developed a system that has transacted over $15M worth of transactions. Expresscoin provide a service similar to Coinbase for both consumers and merchants with special emphasis on helping the unbanked. Expresscoin recently expanded into Canada to offer payments with debit cards.

Expresscoin will allow viacoins to be purchased via USPS Money Order, Check Payment, Wire Transfer, Cash Deposit and ATMs. Viacoin will also be available on Expresscoin’s Android App.
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:38:08 PM

BTCKYLE
BTC

Lets not get stupid.

Let's not get stupid about what? I can't generate conversation among the community? I simply wanted to hear meaningful response to gauge how others felt about the future of this coin

I see. At this point there are no competitors to bitcoin. Im not saying there wont be in the future, but if there are, that future is far far away. I think we should focus on getting the wider public to accept BTC before we push more crypto on them. Trying to kill each other off might only leave us all dead.

Essentially what you are saying is "please stop innovating".  I don't agree.
masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Expresscoin and Viacoin have teamed up to bring Viacoin to point of sale, payment gateways, ATMs and more.

Expresscoin was started in 2013, bootstrapped from a $200K seed round and developed a system that has transacted over $15M worth of transactions. Expresscoin provide a service similar to Coinbase for both consumers and merchants with special emphasis on helping the unbanked. Expresscoin recently expanded into Canada to offer payments with debit cards.

Expresscoin will allow viacoins to be purchased via USPS Money Order, Check Payment, Wire Transfer, Cash Deposit and ATMs. Viacoin will also be available on Expresscoin’s Android App.

Peoplr will now be able to buy VIA directly with cash.  What is exciting to me is when people first start realizing how fast the confirmations are, and why it is so much more convenient to send money using VIA over BTC just for speed.  I am happy to see VIA continue to take the right steps forward.
japandrew73

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:55:31 PM

Peoplr will now be able to buy VIA directly with cash.  What is exciting to me is when people first start realizing how fast the confirmations are, and why it is so much more convenient to send money using VIA over BTC just for speed.  I am happy to see VIA continue to take the right steps forward.

+1000
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

+1, the fastest digital currency, Viacoin Grin
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:44:02 AM

VIA is decent, im happy i suggested it to my blogs readers in ICO phase Smiley

aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:16:23 AM

Looks better and better. Grin
I would like to know what came of the meet with Peter Todd and if there is any news about treechains.
Also, I'm curious to know in what ways VIA might work with, for example, Etherium, Maidsafe etc or is the intention to be a stand alone.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:43:45 AM

Here we go..
http://expresscoin.com/

Good news!
HappyHogan

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:45:45 AM

Here we go..

Good news!

Big deal (not). What else is happening? Anything?
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:48:29 AM

Here we go..

Good news!

How broken is that Crypto World? Do you expect every day big news? I like small news Smiley in sum it shows full-time commitment .
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:10:26 AM

VIA was p n d.
Now lets move along :DDDDDD

yolo
wom1979

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:14:59 AM

Here we go..

Good news!

How broken is that Crypto World? Do you expect every day big news? I like small news Smiley in sum it shows full-time commitment .

Billion% agreed - it shows consistency and that is the basis of longevity
HappyHogan

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:20:24 AM

Here we go..

Good news!

Billion% agreed - it shows consistency and that is the basis of longevity

I expect major news every day, otherwise it's a P & D.
rhader

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:26:43 AM

BTCKYLE
BTC

Lets not get stupid.

Essentially what you are saying is "please stop innovating".  I don't agree.

Absolutely not. Keep innovating! But you are borderline delusional if you think that your coin, or any other is within 10 years striking distance on bitcoin. Absolute fool if you think that. Bitcoin is the crypto that will probably remain as some type of store of value, as gold is now. We will probably use a collection of different cryptos in our everyday life like we use tons of different sites. But do not fool yourself, bitcoin is a dragon while the entire alt coin market and btc 2.0 are less then an ant in comparison. I think bitcoin has 99% of the crypto market cap. And to be frank, its the best shot we have to get crypto main stream, by far.
witalijusss

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:33 AM

I think this coin have a future and now the price is really low: https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GML
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:11:56 AM

don't promote your GML here, this is Viacoin thread, tks.
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:37:36 AM

I got into VIA when I saw that Treechains might be a key feature. Yes, VIA is super fast but  I don't see any coin taking over from btc anytime soon. BTC is way, way ahead even though it has some problems. Maybe coins can share some of the space but I don't believe any single coin will dominate other than btc. I guess regulation and some sort of bridging with FIAT will have to be agreed so as to gain greater adoption.
I do believe that collaboration and some degree of integration with existing systems  is the future and, for alt coins, it's going to be about providing innovation in platform 2.0 development.
If Maidsafe, as an example, gets off the ground and works, any coin using that network will automatically be anonymous or do I have it all wrong? Why all the fuss about anon? 
If VIA comes up with a platform that allows "apps" to be "installed" which use only small amounts of the VIA blockchain and can do the rest on "chains" it will be doing things BTC can not ( will not? ) do and, again, maybe I have it all wrong, but if VIA runs on Maidsafe or Etherium, isn't it win win?
VIA has Peter Todd contributing and VIA has a clean record. I posted earlier to ask if VIA aims to be a stand alone or collaborate with other projects and what came out of meeting with Peter Todd. Innovations on this coin look good so far.  Cheesy
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:21:30 AM

I got into VIA when I saw that Treechains might be a key feature. Yes, VIA is super fast but  I don't see any coin taking over from btc anytime soon. BTC is way, way ahead even though it has some problems. Maybe coins can share some of the space but I don't believe any single coin will dominate other than btc. I guess regulation and some sort of bridging with FIAT will have to be agreed so as to gain greater adoption.
I do believe that collaboration and some degree of integration with existing systems  is the future and, for alt coins, it's going to be about providing innovation in platform 2.0 development.
If Maidsafe, as an example, gets off the ground and works, any coin using that network will automatically be anonymous or do I have it all wrong? Why all the fuss about anon? 
If VIA comes up with a platform that allows "apps" to be "installed" which use only small amounts of the VIA blockchain and can do the rest on "chains" it will be doing things BTC can not ( will not? ) do and, again, maybe I have it all wrong, but if VIA runs on Maidsafe or Etherium, isn't it win win?
VIA has Peter Todd contributing and VIA has a clean record. I posted earlier to ask if VIA aims to be a stand alone or collaborate with other projects and what came out of meeting with Peter Todd. Innovations on this coin look good so far.  Cheesy

The main reason why BTC is still ahead is that it is held by everyone and cannot be manipulated so easily.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: