Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845472 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:28:50 PM

Physicists say consciousness may be a state of matter; acceptance of the non-physical is growing.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/11/11/physicists-say-consciousness-may-be-a-state-of-matter-the-non-physical-is-indeed-real/
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:05:31 PM

The trick is finding the correct religion, or at least the correct way.

All these religious cults believe that their one is "the correct one". They all know they are the correct one because they all feel it with 100% certainty in their heart.

Unfortunately anyone with an ounce of common sense can quite clearly see that they cannot all be correct. Yet everyone "knows" deep deep down in their heart they have the "correct one".

Conclusion:
Knowing it in your heart you've picked the right one is clearly a totally useless indicator and has no value whatsoever.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:47:26 AM

The trick is finding the correct religion, or at least the correct way.

All these religious cults believe that their one is "the correct one". They all know they are the correct one because they all feel it with 100% certainty in their heart.

Unfortunately anyone with an ounce of common sense can quite clearly see that they cannot all be correct. Yet everyone "knows" deep deep down in their heart they have the "correct one".

Conclusion:
Knowing it in your heart you've picked the right one is clearly a totally useless indicator and has no value whatsoever.

That's why there are other evidences for which one is the right one.

Pick a religion. Pick Islam for a moment. All the factions or sects of Islam have some things in common, and other things that are different. Sunni's are not the same as Shiite's, and Baha'is' are different from both. Yet they all have some similarities. Which one is most correct? Who knows?

The point is that nobody knows that everything about his religion is correct. That's why it is a religion. But there are some things that are correct in virtually all the religions. We haven't heard about the religions that had nothing correct within themselves. Why not? Because they never got off the ground.

The important thing is picking the religion that has enough correctness in it to effect the things that you are looking for in or from a religion. But you really don't want a religion of non-religion. The fact that you are in the forum shows that you are not the kind of person who simply walks around aimlessly.

Yet, you have to have religion in at least some minor fashion. Why? Because there is so much about life and what is going to happen tomorrow that you don't know. It is religion, formal or informal, that allows you enough clarity to make it so that you can live life reasonably comfortably.

To me, one of the most important things to consider is the idea of an afterlife. This can be a terrifying thing for people to think about. After all, we have some peace and joy in this life because life seems to go in cycles. Our experience is that things seem to repeat to some extent. So, we have an idea of what will happen tomorrow, even though we really don't know. But it feels like we know, so we are somewhat comfortable. But nobody except Jesus ever came back to tell us what really happens after death, if anything. Fear of the unknown.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
1aguar

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:49:09 AM

We haven't heard about the religions that had nothing correct within themselves. Why not? Because they never got off the ground.
You claimed that atheism is a religion. Now you claim that every existing religion has something correct about it, so presumably this includes any "religion of nonreligion". You must therefore admit that atheism is correct in its sole claim of no god(s).
By the way, the thing that all religions have in common is called generally "the golden rule" and it is the same as Jesus's "New Commandment" which was the core teaching of Jesus. This teaching has nothing to do with death, sin, faith, grace, ancient writings, or "saviors"; it is all about the pure intention of the soul. Jesus also said that he brought nothing new.

But nobody except Jesus ever came back to tell us what really happens after death, if anything. Fear of the unknown.
You have no idea what really happened to Jesus because you have only read 4 out of the 28 written gospels.

Does it somehow pain you to find that the Beloved Master did not die and rot for three days? How is it that you seem all but forced to believe he could not have lived in human format following the crucifixion and went on to do his earthly work?

A misinformed person will think that Jesus is a savior, but he never once suggested that he was your "savior"; in fact, he said that the kingdom of God is not "here or there", i.e. in Jesus, but it is within YOU. The churches have misinformed the people. There were over 28 full gospels written and known. A scholar from South Germany chose the four which were placed into your New Testament--need I say more? How can you continue to be so narrow?

The churches and church self-appointed priests keep the masses imprisoned. They do not dare even look upon other material than that which is sanctioned by the particular doctrine. Heaven might surely strike ones if they stumbled upon truth. These are the reasons that no Avatars begin or keep religious sects---they are only of God---sects are of man!

Jesus said: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit." He had come for a specific reason and it was to experience as man and therefore, he lived as man. He appeared and disappeared at will, even before His crucifixion and Resurrection. As a matter of fact, His body was so finely attuned to the spirit, that it seemed to have no substance to it whatever at times. An account of this is found in one of the most famous Gnostic Gospels: The Acts of John.

Jesus allowed His body to be crucified in an effort to again show you the body is so temporary that one should not become attached to it. Then he showed that he could utilize it or cast it aside; or appear as anything he chose. Men continually miss of the lesson's point. Ones must seek out and attach oneself to that which is permanent--the soul or spirit within. You must come to know that the aura or light that is seen around the physical body, even in Kirlian photography, is unaffected by physical pain or death and remains perfect even after the body is cut away or dropped. Note in the picturing of a leaf--cut a portion away and the energy light remains whole.

http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/j012/
1aguar

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:12:57 AM

Conclusion:
One of the names of God is Truth, and it is true that we all have our own truth; that is because "God's kingdom is within YOU" and HIS LAW is "written upon your heart". The two key questions to ask one who claims to know the truth by heart is:

WHO IS YOUR SOURCE?
and
Do you take unto YOURSELF everything AVAILABLE by and through a given source--UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SELF THAT IT BE TRUTH? Or, do you LISTEN TO ANOTHER'S OPINION about this or that and let THEM control your own beliefs?

I made a long post about this topic of discernment of truth; I will quote some of what I posted:

Do you not pray for insight and information? The CALL COMPELS THE ANSWER! If you pray to God for help--and you mean it, good friend--you will GET IT! Since GOD deals with INFORMATION and energy--you will get it THIS WAY, not by a firing squad or a raptured evacuation. Furthermore, IF we wish to consider what else the man said above: I am keeper of the Galactic Records?!? Then, who else would be better qualified to bring you the recorded truth? Ponder it.

There IS TRUTH to some extent in all things--IN FACT, ALL THINGS ARE ALL TRUTH--JUST NOT THE TRUTH OF GOODNESS AND LIFE.

Do you take unto YOURSELF everything AVAILABLE by and through a given source--UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SELF THAT IT BE TRUTH? Or, do you LISTEN TO ANOTHER'S OPINION about this or that and let THEM control your own beliefs?

AM "I", THIS SPEAKER, REAL?

What difference does it make WHO I might be? Do I bring Truth? How do you know? IF I BRING TRUTH--IT IS THAT TRUTH THAT YOU MUST INGEST.

The truth offerings will come, always in truth and in giving to fellow-man, with, "Share it any way you can use it." Why? Because TRUTH is open, shared, and only WORTHY IF SHARED. The very birthright of MAN is to have TRUTH. He who HIDES Truth ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING OF HIS OWN TO HIDE.

Don't misunderstand that which I or Little Crow say, chelas. Now that there is a small book out by Little Crow I have ones who get to the writings on "truth" and come back at me with--"You say there is only one Truth," but Little Crow says: "Check it out. We all have our own truth, so that means God has multiple truths, does He not? Does IT not? DOES SHE NOT?"

Readers, THERE IS ONLY ONE--anything. And yet, look around you--except for the PROJECTIONS OF MAN--everything, everywhere, any time, any place--is TRUTH! And, further, even man is not a LIE, he only presents the lie. Even in his projection, further, lays also truth if nothing more than the truthful validity of a given spoken "term". For this reason--must you discern, accept, study and come to recognize THE TRUTH WHICH FITS YOUR PATH OF INTENT! "All truths are individual and all truths are equal in their priority." This does not mean, however, that all truths are equal in their IMPORTANCE! Further, Crow will tell you: "We are all sacred and in that sacredness we have an obligation and responsibility to all things to which we are connected." This does NOT mean you have some "right" to butt into an-other's business and cram your "truth" down his throat!

Crow has said something else which you must understand if you are to claim passage on this good old Red Road: "You are the messengers of time. You are the prophets of the time. You carry forth the word through your own behavior. If you are into the world of materialism and that is your message, then that is the world you portray..." You WILL portray the world you represent and desire--no matter how hard you effort to hide it. You ARE exactly WHAT YOU ARE!

If you wish to change from that which you ARE--then take responsibility and become that which you desire--STOP blaming your lack of change on anything or anyone ELSE! If you are so foolish as to base your existence on another's OPINIONS WITHOUT QUESTION--THEN CHANGE IS NOT THAT WHICH YOU DESIRE--YOU LIE! When you desire something enough to change--you will DO IT. It is absolutely THAT simple.

You can only KNOW by the truth of information presented!! You can only know information--if you READ IT OR GET IT FOR YOURSELF, ELSE IT IS SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION OR PERCEPTION! IS HATONN REAL? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF THAT WHICH I OFFER IS VALID TRUTH?
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:29:59 PM

If you want to seriously research the Bible, then I am suggesting you to visit: www.ancient-code.com, read or watch some of the series of Ancient Aliens. Believe me, they will blow your mind! Cheesy

Interesting how the history of mankind has been reduced to so few books written by the victors of society, and yet so many drink the kool aid eh?
Let's look at Pumu Punku, Machu Picchu, or the Pyramids and their Technology that vastly dwarfs mankind's self proclaimed "advancement" of the 21st century.

Glad to see that you understand it too my friend, most of the true history of mankind has been lost, and yet man still believes they beat each other with clubs in caves as they advanced from apes. I find the latter story a little harder to believe, but then again looking at the world, it makes sense why it would act as it does with the rudimentary understanding of the force fed knowledge that we all were born into.

Don't forget mis-information *coughs* the bible, can be even more influential than true information itself. The history of man extends far beyond our rudimentary understanding of it, it is my hope that eventually this can be understood, that there are a great many forces that have/are working on this planet, and that their timelines exists far beyond what man has been able to comprehend or observe with his five "senses" that fail to observe even the full spectrum of light or sound. People gawk at their creations yet have no idea how to re-create some of the most substantial structures that have been slowly uncovered on this planet.

Nullius en Verbe - "on the word of no one"

Regards,
Viz.

Mate, I agree with you that usually the victors write the history, but there are books, documents and facts that you can not change...

I have watch another research from BBC about the Bible. The scholars explore most of the parts in ancient Egypt and find more evidence that are connected with the Bible. Also, they have found lost books who where no mentioned in the Bible like the gospels or the books of the prophets.

But, all I found out that this books are not original part of the Bible. So if you have hold the evidence in one hand and you don't have the fact in the other hand then you don't complete the puzzle.

What I ma trying to say is... The stone tablets who was found in the ancient Sumeria are telling the same story that was written in the Bible and if you like to know the full story, then you have to find more evidence and facts that are connected with Sumerian civilization.

One thing to consider about all the facts that the scholars are digging up is, often the scholars place interpretations on things when they don't know the truth about. Then some TV program expresses the scholars' theories, and we learn a lot of things that nobody proved.

An example is carbon dating. Carbon dating is so full of holes in accuracy, that it really shouldn't be used at all. Research it.

The Bible (Old Testament), on the other hand, is eye witness reports that the stubborn nation of Israel handed down over the ages. There is strength of miracles built into these eye witness reports. Present day scholars are not eye witnesses.

Smiley

True! Sometimes scholars place interpretations on things when they don't know the truth about it. So, instead we think with their brain, we can actually use ours!

The Bible is one of the most researched books that ever exist in this world. The books that are part of the Old Testament is written by prophets who live in that time and knows what will gonna happen. The modern science has already confirm that this people really exist and they actually write the Old Testament.

On the other side, the New Testament was written by apostles who live in Israel in that time. Not just the science confirm the books, but there where a lots of people who see that miracles!

Let's take Yoga as example. Many people don't believe that Yoga and meditation can really change your life, but only those who try that, know that miracles can happens even in your own body and mind. Smiley So, in my opinion, if you like understand the New Testament and all those miracles, you have to research the Yoga.

The whole Bible is written to show people that they need a savior from death, Who that Savior is along with enough details to show why He is the Savior, and how to access His salvation. Yoga isn't in this class.

Bible isn't trying to do the things that Yoga does. Comparing Bible and Yoga is like trying to compare fruits with vegetables. They don't match. They are completely separate. If Yoga has a method for keeping people from going into eternal death, nobody has been able to access that feature of it.

Smiley

Here are some facts that I would like to share with you and to show you the world from a different perspective, because the % of people know this is quite small...

The books who are include in the Old Testament are talking about how the first (6-th) civilization was emerge for the first time. In the 5 books of Moses we can read about The Law i.e. how the first countries was created and the way they functioned. In The Law there are more then 600 laws who are used in our modern society. The other books from Abraham to David and Goliath we can see about how the history was in that time. The books of wisdom are only 4 and I am suggest you to read them. The last part of the Old Testament are the books of prophets. In those books was written to whole future that will happen in the New Era! Everything that the prophets says was come true, everything! Smiley

On the other side we have the New Testament where we have discover the story of Christ and His wisdom and power that He show to the people of ancient Egypt and Israel. Then we have the books of the Apostles where they teach the people of knowledge, wisdom and power. The last and the final chapter of the Bible is The Revelation of John.

If you able to understand the wisdom that is written in the acts of the Apostles, you will figure out what is Yoga and Meditation and how we will be change! Wink

Here something that will blow your mind:
http://www.psychedelicadventure.net/2010/12/secret-behind-666-beast-carbon-atom.html
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:27:54 PM

Here are some facts that I would like to share with you and to show you the world from a different perspective, because the % of people know this is quite small...

The books who are include in the Old Testament are talking about how the first (6-th) civilization was emerge for the first time. In the 5 books of Moses we can read about The Law i.e. how the first countries was created and the way they functioned. In The Law there are more then 600 laws who are used in our modern society. The other books from Abraham to David and Goliath we can see about how the history was in that time. The books of wisdom are only 4 and I am suggest you to read them. The last part of the Old Testament are the books of prophets. In those books was written to whole future that will happen in the New Era! Everything that the prophets says was come true, everything! Smiley

On the other side we have the New Testament where we have discover the story of Christ and His wisdom and power that He show to the people of ancient Egypt and Israel. Then we have the books of the Apostles where they teach the people of knowledge, wisdom and power. The last and the final chapter of the Bible is The Revelation of John.

If you able to understand the wisdom that is written in the acts of the Apostles, you will figure out what is Yoga and Meditation and how we will be change! Wink

http://www.psychedelicadventure.net/2010/12/secret-behind-666-beast-carbon-atom.html

Thank you for sharing.

The Bible doesn't talk about the first civilization in detail. It doesn't talk directly about many of the nations that came into being in the early years after the creation at all. Why not? Because the Bible isn't made for that. That is not its purpose, to be a book of detailed history.

What is the purpose of the Bible? It is not the same purpose as Yoga. Here is the purpose of the Bible. From Genesis 3:15:
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.
This is what the whole Bible is about... the process of salvation.

In the passage above, God is talking to the snake that tempted Adam and Eve out of perfection and into sin. But God isn't only talking to a snake. He is also talking to the devil, Satan. And God is also making a separation between those who follow good and those who follow darkness. All the rest of the Bible shows the highlights and details of what God went through to make it happen... salvation for the followers of God, and destruction for those who are against God.

Yoga doesn't teach this. Details of the carbon atom don't teach this. Without the details of salvation written in the Bible, people can have Yoga and carbon all day long, and they will still be considered among those who follow darkness. It is only the people who follow the salvation of God through His Son, Jesus the Christ, as written in the Bible, who will be saved for eternal life.

Play with Yoga all you want. Learn all the knowledge of the secrets of the universe that you can find. But in you learning, remember to rely on the things of the Bible, or you will lose everything.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 02:30:37 AM

What you're saying essentially is that "the sun only shines on those that deserve it". The truth is my friend that it shines on everything, it has no distinguishing of whether those it shines on read a book that was written by man... To speak for the sun just displays your own errors.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:46:26 AM

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:57:51 PM

What you're saying essentially is that "the sun only shines on those that deserve it". The truth is my friend that it shines on everything, it has no distinguishing of whether those it shines on read a book that was written by man... To speak for the sun just displays your own errors.

Thank You,
Viz.

I didn't know if you were commenting to me or not, so I searched for the words of your quote, above, in the things we had been posting. The words, "the, on, that," and, "it," are very common words. So I left them out of my search. The results of the other words are as follows. Incidents of:
sun = 0;
only = 4;
shines = 0;
those = 6;
deserve = 0.

None of the words that were found were talking about sunshine at all. However, with regard to what the sun shines on, it doesn't shine on everything. It only shines on the surface of many things. And nothing on earth gets sunshine on it 100% of the time.

I question if you were talking to me, and what you were talking about in that post^^.

God did a special kind of spiritual "dictation" when He gave the info to the people who wrote the Bible. The gifts of God are for everyone, for a time, to give them a chance to turn to Him. When enough time has passed, all people die.

No matter the people, God gives some gifts to all. Then they die and await the resurrection where they will find out from God what His judgment will be on the way they accepted and used His gifts in the life that He had given them.

Smiley

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 08:38:27 PM

Let's look at your key word:

dic·ta·tion
dikˈtāSH(ə)n/

noun
noun: dictation; noun: dict.
    the action of giving orders authoritatively or categorically.

dic·ta·tor
ˈdikˌtādər/

noun
noun: dictator; plural noun: dictators

a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force.

I hope you see your errors in your calculations of the words in my last statement, with your number of 0 for sun, and also to really see the definitions of what you are preaching, which is of course rooted in your word "dictation" which I can see you spinning around speculating that it is the "Dictation of text", but if you were to go that route, make sure it is consistent with one of the cores of the bible:

com·mand
kəˈmand/

verb
verb: command; 3rd person present: commands; past tense: commanded; past participle: commanded; gerund or present participle: commanding

give an authoritative order.
    "a gruff voice commanded us to enter"
    synonyms:   order, tell, direct, instruct, call on, require; literarybid
    "he commanded his men to retreat"

Essentially the god in your bible, has issued commands, but in my analogy that's like saying the sun issues commands for the world to receive its light. Light knows not of distinguishing anything being more "worth" its rays, it just shines... It doesn't issue commands saying "though shalt not drink water, or my light shall not shine on thee". It simply shines, without seeing any piece of particulate matter being more worthy of its rays, the matter is what chooses to receive the Light by the place and time it chooses to be in.

This is the error I see in your theology, that the nurturance that is given to all life is distinguished by that force of nurturance. It's like saying water only hydrates those that deserve it, food only gives energy to those that deserve it. When in truth it is the receiver of the nurturance that decides if they want to be nourished, such as someone choosing to drink water or eat food or plant a seed to let the sunlight grow it. Of course I can see you saying the bible is that nurturance, which to an extent can be true, but that's like saying there is only one food to eat, such as bread. Or that there is only one type of wine, or that there is only one type of fruit. There are many ways in which people find nurturance of their minds, science can be another. To say one is correct and the only absolute is only to delude yourself of reality, just as another saying the same to you carries the weight of the same truth.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:45:58 AM

Let's look at your key word:

dic·ta·tion
dikˈtāSH(ə)n/

noun
noun: dictation; noun: dict.
    the action of giving orders authoritatively or categorically.

dic·ta·tor
ˈdikˌtādər/

noun
noun: dictator; plural noun: dictators

a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force.

I hope you see your errors in your calculations of the words in my last statement, with your number of 0 for sun, and also to really see the definitions of what you are preaching, which is of course rooted in your word "dictation" which I can see you spinning around speculating that it is the "Dictation of text", but if you were to go that route, make sure it is consistent with one of the cores of the bible:

com·mand
kəˈmand/

verb
verb: command; 3rd person present: commands; past tense: commanded; past participle: commanded; gerund or present participle: commanding

give an authoritative order.
    "a gruff voice commanded us to enter"
    synonyms:   order, tell, direct, instruct, call on, require; literarybid
    "he commanded his men to retreat"
The way I used the word "dictation," was in quotes. This means that the word does not have the exact dictionary definition of the word, but that it is similar.

However, God is a dictator in the sense that He owns everything, because He made it all, and controls it all in the way He wants. In His method of control He offers much freedom to people.

Essentially the god in your bible, has issued commands, but in my analogy that's like saying the sun issues commands for the world to receive its light. Light knows not of distinguishing anything being more "worth" its rays, it just shines... It doesn't issue commands saying "though shalt not drink water, or my light shall not shine on thee". It simply shines, without seeing any piece of particulate matter being more worthy of its rays, the matter is what chooses to receive the Light by the place and time it chooses to be in.
Since God is alive, and since He has the ability to think and comprehend much better than people do, your analogy is false. God is proactive way beyond anything we can comprehend. He doesn't simply sit there like the sun, and shine on things.

My post at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg13023742#msg13023742 shows you not only that God exists, but also that he is a much greater thinker than we are. Of course, it won't jump right out at you. You will need to think about it a bit to understand it.

Before people fell into sin, the commands for doing what was right and what was wrong were built into their hearts and minds. They did them automatically.

The commands that God has given to people after they fell into sin, are commands for the benefit of the people, if the people adhere to the commands, because they have forgotten much of the pre-sin commands. A great part of the commands exists to show the people that, since they fell into sin, they can't obey the commands perfectly, and that they will be destroyed by their inability. God also shows the people that He has provided a Savior for them, One who will save them from death, ultimately. This Savior is His Son, Jesus, the Christ.

This is the error I see in your theology, that the nurturance that is given to all life is distinguished by that force of nurturance. It's like saying water only hydrates those that deserve it, food only gives energy to those that deserve it. When in truth it is the receiver of the nurturance that decides if they want to be nourished, such as someone choosing to drink water or eat food or plant a seed to let the sunlight grow it. Of course I can see you saying the bible is that nurturance, which to an extent can be true, but that's like saying there is only one food to eat, such as bread. Or that there is only one type of wine, or that there is only one type of fruit. There are many ways in which people find nurturance of their minds, science can be another. To say one is correct and the only absolute is only to delude yourself of reality, just as another saying the same to you carries the weight of the same truth.

Thank You,
Viz.

You don't go far enough back in your idea of "nurturance." Ahead of the nurturance is God, supplying it and holding it in place, through nature and the universe He has made. God's idea wasn't to destroy the universe or people. If that was the case, He wouldn't have made it all in the first place. Destruction was the devil's idea. Mankind picked up the devil's idea and ran with it. God, however, is showing both the devil and people that He is stronger. And, yet, he will give them the thing that they have asked for - destruction of this universe. But, He will do it in His own time, and His own way.

Science at its base is simply the gathering and examining of information. There is so extremely much information in this universe, that people are having a difficult time in gathering it, and an even more difficult time in understanding it. In addition, it seems that there is universe science that people cannot find out. That's part of the reason they have turned science into an informal religion, making all kinds of theories that they can't prove, and probably will never be able to prove.

Smiley

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:28:31 AM

However, God is a dictator in the sense that He owns everything, because He made it all, and controls it all in the way He wants. In His method of control He offers much freedom to people.

You said it, not me. In my opinion genocide isn't in the best interests of all, but I've honestly had enough with your clown show trying to help you understand basic logic beyond that of a toddler.
So I'll leave that at that my friend.

Thank You,
Viz.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:09:22 AM

You said it, not me. In my opinion genocide isn't in the best interests of all, but I've honestly had enough with your clown show trying to help you understand basic logic beyond that of a toddler.
So I'll leave that at that my friend.

Thank You,
Viz.

Do you mow your lawn? If you do, you are a terrorist. But it is okay, because you own that lawn.

Do you eat beef? The meat packers slaughter beef by the thousands for people to eat. Yet they have the right, because they own the beef.

God made and owns all people. But what good are people who don't live up to the purposes that He created them for? Yet God is merciful, giving rain in its day, and crops for food, air to breathe, sunlight and joy.

Then when the people go about to destroy themselves by disobeying their laws of life, God goes so far that He prepared His own Son to take death for them. After God raised His Son from the dead, both the Father and the Son offer people the eternal life back that they threw away the first time around. But the people throw this chance away, as well.

What can God do when people are out there to genocide themselves? All they do is complain that God doesn't give them life. Yet when they are offered life by God, they don't accept it.

It isn't God's fault. It is your own fault.

Smiley

c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:43:03 AM

Long thread. I admit I have not read all of the posts, or even most of them.

The scientific method is based in part on observation and repeatability. Those seem to rule out being able to scientifically prove the existence of God, but that does not mean God doesn't exist.

I think about it like this: how much of the universe do we know about? How much of the things in what little we do know about, do we have an extremely good understanding of? Very, very little. In all of human history, in only the last 150 years did we know about germs, airplanes, space travel, heart transplants, deep space exploration, etc.

So, it's safe to say that at the very most, we know 2% of everything in the universe. That's being generous.

Is it not possible that somewhere in the other 98% there is enough evidence for God? If you say "yes" to that, then you're an agnostic (or were already convinced that God exists). If you say "no," then you're an atheist.

Ben Stein's "Expelled" movie was interesting. He interviews several top physicists and other scientists. Some don't believe in God, some do, and some believe there is enough evidence already available for a higher power that must exist. It's worth watching if you're interested in this subject, imho.

I've talked with many varieties of Christians and while they say there is scientific evidence, they admit that it comes down to faith. I believe it comes down to faith in any belief, whether in religion or in evolution (there are many problems with this theory so it ultimately comes down to faith too).

So looking for a scientific answer to a religious question may not be the best approach. I believe it is one approach and that it should be used and investigated, but to stop there seems to be limiting the pool of possible answers.  I do believe God exists.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:36:37 PM

Thank you for sharing.

The Bible doesn't talk about the first civilization in detail. It doesn't talk directly about many of the nations that came into being in the early years after the creation at all. Why not? Because the Bible isn't made for that. That is not its purpose, to be a book of detailed history.

What is the purpose of the Bible? It is not the same purpose as Yoga. Here is the purpose of the Bible. From Genesis 3:15:
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.
This is what the whole Bible is about... the process of salvation.

In the passage above, God is talking to the snake that tempted Adam and Eve out of perfection and into sin. But God isn't only talking to a snake. He is also talking to the devil, Satan. And God is also making a separation between those who follow good and those who follow darkness. All the rest of the Bible shows the highlights and details of what God went through to make it happen... salvation for the followers of God, and destruction for those who are against God.

Yoga doesn't teach this. Details of the carbon atom don't teach this. Without the details of salvation written in the Bible, people can have Yoga and carbon all day long, and they will still be considered among those who follow darkness. It is only the people who follow the salvation of God through His Son, Jesus the Christ, as written in the Bible, who will be saved for eternal life.

Play with Yoga all you want. Learn all the knowledge of the secrets of the universe that you can find. But in you learning, remember to rely on the things of the Bible, or you will lose everything.

Smiley

Mate, I have a question for you... Did you read and analyze the whole Bible?

Because, if you did it I am sure that you will not wrote this things about Yoga. Everything that is mentioned in the Yoga you can find in the Bible. In the New Testament, when Christ rose from the dead he send the apostles in the different area of the world to spread The Holy Scripture. Do you know which apostle was send in India?

How many chakras are in the body? How many commandments there are? How many apostles are? The answer of the three question is 12! Everything that is is mention in the Bible is always connected with the number 12! Do you think that there isn't some logic here? Smiley

I am sure that any person who will first read about the Yoga and then start to read the Bible (New Testament) will understand the acts of the apostles.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:48:32 PM

Mate, I have a question for you... Did you read and analyze the whole Bible?

Because, if you did it I am sure that you will not wrote this things about Yoga. Everything that is mentioned in the Yoga you can find in the Bible. In the New Testament, when Christ rose from the dead he send the apostles in the different area of the world to spread The Holy Scripture. Do you know which apostle was send in India?

How many chakras are in the body? How many commandments there are? How many apostles are? The answer of the three question is 12! Everything that is is mention in the Bible is always connected with the number 12! Do you think that there isn't some logic here? Smiley

I am sure that any person who will first read about the Yoga and then start to read the Bible (New Testament) will understand the acts of the apostles.

Again, the Bible is NOT basically meant to be a history book. Nor is meant to be a book of things like Yoga.

Simply because the Bible has laws it, doesn't mean that some of these laws cannot be found in places like Yoga. Good laws and understandings are found all over the world, in all kinds of writings, and in all kinds of societies.

The point of the Bible is that God made all the laws, and set them in peoples' hearts, and then re-gave the best of them through Moses because people were forgetting them. The whole idea behind doing this was to prepare the setting for the Savior, Jesus Christ.

In other words, the laws for living can be found in many places. But the law for eternal life can only be found from one source, the Bible. You, yourself, said above that Jesus sent apostles to India. Why not honor the Bible, the only source that tells about Jesus Christ, the only salvation, even though there have been many books written about Him.

Yoga and its writings have been around a long time. Yoga existed long before Jesus came... even before the time of Moses. Yet it never had any exact information about Jesus. The best it had was some symbolism about how there might come a time of salvation. If there are writings in Yoga that have incorporated Jesus into Yoga, written at a time following the time of Jesus, great. Now, get into the Bible and find the details.

Laws and wisdom of earth and science - like how many Chakras are in the body - don't have anything to do with salvation. They exist with or without salvation. Jesus is the only way of salvation. In fact, one of the old meanings of the word, "Nicolaitans," in the Revelation is, the people who combine Christianity with Eastern religions. People who practice Yoga regularly, have essentially turned it into an eastern religion.

Keep Yoga separate from Christianity, because it IS separate from Christianity. Yoga teaches good living in this life. Christianity teach the only way to everlasting life, through Jesus.

Smiley

1aguar

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:06:35 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 04:18:39 PM by 1aguar

Yoga teaches good living in this life. Christianity teach the only way to everlasting life, through Jesus.

How would you know what yoga teaches if you have not even read a single book on yoga?

And moreover, how would you know what Jesus taught if you have only read 4 of 28 gospels?  Huh

And what is a Christian?
The action that makes one a Christian also make one a member of Christ's church.
What is that action? My conclusion, which may be different from yours, is that it is found in Luke 13:3
"And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God."

Therefore, the way to goodness and life comes through repentance and obedience to God. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say that the way to goodness and life is "through me, Jesus". In fact, he says that "God's Kingdom is not here (i.e. within Jesus), and it is not there (i.e. somewhere else); GOD'S KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU". So repentance and forgiveness must begin within self, for that is where God resides--within YOU!
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

Once you understand that we're living on a flat earth underneath artificially constructed dome, this whole thread becomes an exercise in foolishness.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:29:53 PM

Yoga teaches good living in this life. Christianity teach the only way to everlasting life, through Jesus.

How would you know what yoga teaches if you have not even read a single book on yoga?

And moreover, how would you know what Jesus taught if you have only read 4 of 28 gospels?  Huh

And what is a Christian?
The action that makes one a Christian also make one a member of Christ's church.
What is that action? My conclusion, which may be different from yours, is that it is found in Luke 13:3
"And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God."

Therefore, the way to goodness and life comes through repentance and obedience to God. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say that the way to goodness and life is "through me, Jesus". In fact, he says that "God's Kingdom is not here (i.e. within Jesus), and it is not there (i.e. somewhere else); GOD'S KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU". So repentance and forgiveness must begin within self, for that is where God resides--within YOU!

Repentance is done by people all the time. If someone is walking down the sidewalk in one direction, and he repents, that means that he turns around and goes the other way.

The only repentance that keeps a person from perishing in finality is, the repentance of unbelief in Jesus God as Savior. If you want to be saved, repent and believe... that is, repent from not believing to believing. In what should you believe? In the salvation offered by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Formerly you didn't believe in Jesus salvation. Then you repented. You repented by becoming a believer in Jesus salvation. Then you repented from evil works and did good deeds.

Since you like to play with the Bible so much, why don't you repent by becoming a believer of it?

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: