Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:26:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:56:06 PM

soon we will see 43k sdc price, if it breaks 43k then we will be looking for new base

no volume, no newcomers/new bloods...

better core team updates the community and confirms that Q2 is still valid for marketplace, or they revise the date before it is end of Q2

if they need to revise the date, better they dont wait till end of Q2 to revise it

obvious troll is obvious

i will remind it to you when 43k comes

I have to agree here.

If SDC marketplace release will be delayed beyond Q2, it is better transparency & bodes well for confidence for devs to update the timeline beforehand.

Q2 ends in June. Q3 begins in July. (According to typical investment calendars).

I understand the coding implementation takes enormous amounts of time, but the sooner the better. I only say this given the current state of the DNM's after Evo demise. Agora and other .onion markets are very unreliable. Open Bazaar isn't ready for Windows yet (and isn't inherently anon). If Shadow can debut a beta market release that is solid, you can bet that word will spread fast and liquidity will flow through the market.

Pressure is building up.
You only have one change to create a wow effect, so it better be good and I don't mind waiting for a complicated task like presenting a decent working decentralized market. Even if it would take months from now on.
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:55:13 PM

The biggest complainers tend to be the people expecting a reward for not doing anything. I'd love to know what Skip60 has done for the project that entitles him to constantly spew his bullshit into this thread. All I see are lies about his holdings and critique of others efforts. My analysis is that he dumped at 18k and is trying his hardest to get the price back down there so he can buy back in. He's a trojan horse packaged as a concerned investor. Thankfully there is an ignore button for those who know where to find it.

In my view, the influx of anonymous shitcoins into the altcoin market promising decentralized marketplaces right after the release of the SDC motherboard article is/was a defense mechanism by scam developers and pump groups. They pumped out enough shitcoins to distract potential investors from the real innovator. None of them will deliver on their promises except SDC and none of them will make headline news. After the dust settles and they get delisted from exchanges SDC will still be here and those pumped and dumped coins will retain their headless cheerleader communities. The SDC development team is taking its time and effort to craft a real solution and each release is a precursor to the project's next major milestone. From what I can tell the bulk of developmental work is almost done and we could expect the alpha/beta milestone very soon.

Remember SDC was featured on Vice.com, one of the top news publications in the world. This opens the door for future coverage by large mainstream media publications and that means more exposure for the project, in turn resulting in larger growth. Something 99% of the projects listed here can't look forward to. An artificial pump wont get your project in the mainstream limelight (coindesk and cointelegraph are not mainstream). However, real development and delivery will. At the time of this writing the coin is worth around 14 cents a coin. I believe in the very near future we will all look back and laugh at these haters and their shitty speculations. The project is exposed to the world right now and despite what the charts read the coin is on the precipice of a meteoric rise to one of the top market caps. The only thing holding it back right now is the failures of other projects before it that promised a similar platform. Where they failed SDC will succeed with delivery. For those crypto advocates that can read between the lines there is no better coin to put your BTC than SDC.

Let's start acting like a mature community. Do what you can to assist others in learning about the SDC ecosystem.. be it your offline friends or someone new to the space. The community will only grow once it realizes it's position on the world scale. New investors coming here don't want to see bickering they want to see unity and brotherhood amongst like-minded people. If you'd like your investment to grow do your part and enjoy the ride! How about we reserve this thread for actual discussions about the project instead of piss poor speculations from subpar traders.

+1, beautiful. I feel the same, but I couldn't put it so nicely together.

Stop hating and let's all collaborate together. For those concerned about price (not pointing at anyone again..), there's a nice thread over at Slack. Let's keep this clean, friendly and informative.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:10:14 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 11:22:12 PM by child_harold

The biggest complainers tend to be the people expecting a reward for not doing anything. I'd love to know what Skip60 has done for the project that entitles him to constantly spew his bullshit into this thread. All I see are lies about his holdings and critique of others efforts. My analysis is that he dumped at 18k and is trying his hardest to get the price back down there so he can buy back in. He's a trojan horse packaged as a concerned investor. Thankfully there is an ignore button for those who know where to find it.

In my view, the influx of anonymous shitcoins into the altcoin market promising decentralized marketplaces right after the release of the SDC motherboard article is/was a defense mechanism by scam developers and pump groups. They pumped out enough shitcoins to distract potential investors from the real innovator. None of them will deliver on their promises except SDC and none of them will make headline news. After the dust settles and they get delisted from exchanges SDC will still be here and those pumped and dumped coins will retain their headless cheerleader communities. The SDC development team is taking its time and effort to craft a real solution and each release is a precursor to the project's next major milestone. From what I can tell the bulk of developmental work is almost done and we could expect the alpha/beta milestone very soon.

Remember SDC was featured on Vice.com, one of the top news publications in the world. This opens the door for future coverage by large mainstream media publications and that means more exposure for the project, in turn resulting in larger growth. Something 99% of the projects listed here can't look forward to. An artificial pump wont get your project in the mainstream limelight (coindesk and cointelegraph are not mainstream). However, real development and delivery will. At the time of this writing the coin is worth around 14 cents a coin. I believe in the very near future we will all look back and laugh at these haters and their shitty speculations. The project is exposed to the world right now and despite what the charts read the coin is on the precipice of a meteoric rise to one of the top market caps. The only thing holding it back right now is the failures of other projects before it that promised a similar platform. Where they failed SDC will succeed with delivery. For those crypto advocates that can read between the lines there is no better coin to put your BTC than SDC.

Let's start acting like a mature community. Do what you can to assist others in learning about the SDC ecosystem.. be it your offline friends or someone new to the space. The community will only grow once it realizes it's position on the world scale. New investors coming here don't want to see bickering they want to see unity and brotherhood amongst like-minded people. If you'd like your investment to grow do your part and enjoy the ride! How about we reserve this thread for actual discussions about the project instead of piss poor speculations from subpar traders.

Stop hating and let's all collaborate together. For those concerned about price (not pointing at anyone again..), there's a nice thread over at Slack. Let's keep this clean, friendly and informative.

+1

Hate the shitcoins.

Vis-a-vis price:
Some are more cashless than others (I guess I fall into the more category Wink ). Certainly SDC has gained dramatic value in the last few months, lets say 300% (from ~20k to ~60k). LOL, by NASDAQ standards this is insane growth. However the gains in SDC have been mitigated by a depressing drop in BTC value.

The future looks good
. SDC is getting stronger and with any luck BTC just might too (preice-wise)

BUt this has been a tricky period (for me at least).

p.s. android wallet very exciting (not the name of a japanese song Cheesy )

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:23:25 PM

+1

Hate the shitcoins.

Vis-a-vis price:
Some are more cashless than others (I guess I fall in that category Wink ). Certainly SDC has gained dramatic value in the last few months, lets say 300% (from ~20k to ~60k). LOL, by NASDAQ standards this is insane growth. However the gains in SDC have been lost from a depressing drop in BTC value.

The future looks good. SDC is getting stronger and with any luck BTC just might too (preice-wise)

BUt this has been a tricky period.

Sure. Now there is only one coin with real equivalent fiat value. BTC price is dropping as the deficiencies of the coin become manifest: the lack of privacy, the block size limit, the expanding blockchain. SDC addresses one of those. What we're learning is that there may never be "one coin to rule them all" just for technical reasons, and that may be just fine.

It is very interesting being in such uncharted economic territory. BTC was unlike anything that had previously existed. A fully anonymous, decentralized, and unregulated marketplace has also never existed, but we're about to have one. Our future could be as bright as it was for a young man in 1980 who just got his Computer Science degree. Or it could come crashing down, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:33:39 PM

Whats the view on getting a professional pen test?

Would like to hear any pros / cons.

The question is not about how to fund one or when, if it was considered worthwhile.
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:02:10 AM

Thank you  Cool
<3

** img is just because of dragon, and a cool story for real **  
 Grin
P3RS3US

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:09:15 AM

^LOL! Cheesy Grin

Barren Wuffet? I'm telling you - that's a great name inversion! Reminds me of Com Truise  Cool
AboutShadow

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:58:19 AM

***Our Slack Community Now Has 200 Active Members***

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:29:19 AM

And I'm member #201 Smiley
Tulsene

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

..|..

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:20:59 PM

And I'm member #201 Smiley

Welcome in to shadow!
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:22:04 PM

what a silent topic it is

look at 50k sell wall, that Wall will get thicker and thicker
snip60

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:28:00 PM

what an amazing project this is

look at 50k sell wall, they will cry harder and harder  Cheesy

Agreed!
skip60

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:30:52 PM

what a silent topic it is

look at 50k sell wall, that Wall will get thicker and thicker

Agreed!

every other day, i love you more and more
snip60

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:38:31 PM

Almost burst into applause while reading this, what a superb post!
skip60

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:05:46 PM

come on community

give a support to 50k buy Wall, sell wall has gone
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:12:17 PM

come on community

give a support to 50k buy Wall, sell wall has gone

dude go away
BarrenWuffet

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:35:19 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 04:54:13 PM by BarrenWuffet

Beware of shitcoins! Meet "StealthCash" the latest SDC clone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1059653.20

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, StealthCash is the greatest form of plagiarism. He ripped off everything from the project without citing any sources for the work. You've been warned fellow investors. An informed investor is the greatest defense against regulations.

I called out the developer in a lengthy post but it was deleted. Here is my reply to the deleted post (which was also deleted).

Typo Fixed.

Credits of STX sources will be present in our whitepaper and source code.

Credit for your work should be in the ANN. Any legitimate developer would reference the authoring developers. SDC authored this technology and named it "ShadowSend" yet I don't see any reference to it in your ANN. There are heaps of Darkcoin shitcoins running around yet the majority of them use the term "Masternodes" because that is term established by Darkcoin/Dash. Rebranding someones innovation is plagiarism. Reference Shadowcash as the author for this if not don't use the same text.

How can anyone trust this project when you aren't even capable of referencing the authoring developers? You should change the name of your project to "StealCash" because that's your end goal.

this is just a blatant copy of Stealthcoin XST, a long-running legitimate coin.

This isn't a clone of Stealthcoin. The only thing they share is the former portion of the name.

Agreed!

http://media.giphy.com/media/4jt3RFwB2db9e/giphy.gif
Wheatclove

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:51:40 PM

Beware of shitcoins! Meet "StealthCash" the latest SDC clone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1059653.20

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, StealthCash is the greatest form of plagiarism. He ripped off everything from the project without citing any sources for the work. You've been warned fellow investors. An informed investor is the greatest defense against regulations.

I called out the developer in a lengthy post but it was deleted. Here is my reply to the deleted post (which was also deleted).

Typo Fixed.

Credits of STX sources will be present in our whitepaper and source code.

Credit for your work should be in the ANN. Any legitimate developer would reference the authoring developers. SDC authored this technology and named it "ShadowSend" yet I don't see any reference to it in your ANN. There are heaps of Darkcoin shitcoins running around yet the majority of them use the term "Masternodes" because that is term established by Darkcoin/Dash. Rebranding someones innovation is plagiarism. Reference Shadowcash as the author for this if not don't use the same text.

How can anyone trust this project when you aren't even capable of referencing the authoring developers? You should change the name of your project to "StealCash" because that's your end goal.

this is just a blatant copy of Stealthcoin XST, a long-running legitimate coin.

This isn't a clone of Stealthcoin. The only thing they share is the former portion of the name.

Agreed!

If they note the copyright in the source code and/or whitepaper, it's not a rip off.

This is the purpose of open source software. They can take the code and do what they want to it as long as they give the copyright to the correct sources on the code that they copied.

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing, so please don't attack them for that. Your opinion on if it may be a potential scam is your opinion. I am wary of the coin myself due to the recent ICO and dynamic PoS scams.

But don't attack them for using open source code.
BarrenWuffet

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:48:33 PM

If they note the copyright in the source code and/or whitepaper, it's not a rip off.

This is the purpose of open source software. They can take the code and do what they want to it as long as they give the copyright to the correct sources on the code that they copied.

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing, so please don't attack them for that. Your opinion on if it may be a potential scam is your opinion. I am wary of the coin myself due to the recent ICO and dynamic PoS scams.

Copying the source code and giving credit in the codebase is one thing. They are using the same copywrite as SDC in their ANN to explain the technology that SDC pioneered while rebranding it "Stealthcash" instead of "Powered By" Shadowcash or ShadowSend. Any linux distribution can be used as a primary example of how to properly use open source code and cite references. For example, Ubuntu references Linux same like any distribution that uses it on their "About Ubuntu" section. They don't claim credit for creating linux only attempting to improve upon it in their own way. The "about" section on any open source project's website is a similar equivalent of an ANN on Bitcointalk.

The SDC team as a whole wrote the descriptions to promote and describe this project in the ANN thread. Whenever someone uses someone else's text they should cite a reference otherwise it's plagiarism.

Any competent developer would know know to cite references. It's common sense.. something people learn in primary school. I'm labeling it as a scam because if the developer is promising development when he hasn't even learned how to cite references then his motives are clear. Plagiarism is a form of intellectual theft.. scamming the audience into believing they wrote the work.
Wheatclove

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:52:42 PM

Copying the source code and giving credit in the codebase is one thing. They are using the same copywrite as SDC in their ANN to explain the technology that SDC pioneered while rebranding it "Stealthcash" instead of "Powered By" Shadowcash or ShadowSend. Any linux distribution can be used as a primary example of how to properly use open source code and cite references. For example, Ubuntu references Linux same like any distribution that uses it on their "About Ubuntu" section. They don't claim credit for creating linux only attempting to improve upon it in their own way. The "about" section on any open source project's website is a similar equivalent of an ANN on Bitcointalk.

The SDC team as a whole wrote the descriptions to promote and describe this project in the ANN thread. Whenever someone uses someone else's text they should cite a reference otherwise it's plagiarism.

Any competent developer would know know to cite references. It's common sense.. something people learn in primary school. I'm labeling it as a scam because if the developer is promising development when he hasn't even learned how to cite references then his motives are clear. Plagiarism is a form of intellectual theft.. scamming the audience into believing they wrote the work.

Didn't realize that their ANN is almost a complete copy + paste. You are right about the plagiarism.

Also claiming that litewallets are their development.
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: