Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:36:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:26:57 PM

WHY hellllooooooo random non-contributor.  Grin  Alty fucked off a while ago and was a community lurker or whatever. I would like an android wallet too but priorities are priorities and everyone is working hard from what I read in the community Slack chan on the new gui and escrow/market shtuff. Seems far ahead of any competition I believe. But who really knows right? Your best bet is joining the Slack channel to get updates. JOIN IN!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:16:23 AM

code: I've been here for quite some time and I can tell you a bit about my experience here. You can get development updates, but only if you contribute to the project. This involves working with the team, the community and if you have built a good relationship, earned the trust and you've shown dedication, well then they don't look at you like a nagging bitch looking for the next price increase and you can ask the devs straight up and they will tell you exactly where they are :smile:

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:40:22 AM

code: I've been here for quite some time and I can tell you a bit about my experience here. You can get development updates, but only if you contribute to the project. This involves working with the team, the community and if you have built a good relationship, earned the trust and you've shown dedication, well then they don't look at you like a nagging bitch looking for the next price increase and you can ask the devs straight up and they will tell you exactly where they are :smile:

Well said code and yes this is how it works around here.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:28:05 AM

Update: Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Calling all writers!

We're looking for writers. Have you written articles for Wikipedia? Ever wanted to contribute?
Here's a great opportunity to try your hand at writing a wiki section (or more!) for our ShadowCash wiki!

While the development team has been churning away at native anonymity portals (Tor, I2P), BIP implementation (32, 39, 40, 44, 65), HD wallet wizardry, GUI v2.0 beautification & the highly-anticipated Market alpha release, our public reference pages have been stuck in 2014. While we do self-host a wiki http://doc.shadowproject.io/ that has had small contributions it isn't the focus of this update!

The Shadow Project page on Wikipedia is being drafted with updated, accurate & current information.
This is a fantastic chance to contribute, especially for non-coders like me!

We've outlined a rough table of contents as a guide for us to start populating the wiki. Ideally it would be great to have a number of community members step up and each focus on specific sections. This strategy gives us an even distribution of manpower and gives contributors time to craft the right information. Once our page is filled with the current status and relevant information surrounding the project it will be easier for the vast amount of Wikipedia writers to maintain it, even without intimate knowledge of what we're doing here.

Welcome to 2016!
Can I count on any of you to step up and lend a helping hand? I hope so because this is just the start of many community driven initiatives we're rolling out to start the year off with a bang.

The Shadow Community
rutherford

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:40:37 AM

code: Thank you LiteBit for the update! I hope some volunteers will join us in our quest to write about this wonderful project Smiley

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rutherford

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:50:58 PM

code: As previously stated, the community has madr decision to stop taking the shit some malicious trolls are trying to perpetuate. They are free to do so on the forum in a seperate thread. There is a fine line between spam and censorship, sometimes people may feel we cross the line but we feel there are plently of other means to perpetuate your point of view so calling it censorship is a tad foolish. This thread is for development and community updates and discussion. Period.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:20:41 PM

Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

U fucking saffer asshole mofos
sdcoin (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Leave nothing but a shadow.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:40:39 PM

Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

Thanks for your support.  Smiley
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:00:27 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:33:37 PM by child_harold

Fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu

Thanks for your support.  Smiley

Yeah umm… Wanderlust would like to apologize for being blind drunk and more importantly a TOTAL DICK last night. If the dear reader knows what an utter twat is, then I was that too.

I truly apologize
@ryno and to all the saffers.

Wont happen again. My bad.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:07:55 PM

I did a comparison of shade marketplace over other marketplaces

http://syscoin.org/in-depth-look-at-the-syscoins-decentralized-marketplace-and-comparing-it-to-the-competition/
rutherford

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:18:07 PM

code: I've barely read your so called in-depth analysis but you clearly haven't taken the time to figure out how our system works. You do not need to have a node/server running to have your listing online. Every node in the network, stores the listing according for a specific duration dictated by the paid listing fee. Only OpenBazaar requires you to run a server 24/7.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:31:46 PM

Dropship support is misleading for decentalized marketplaces. Are you saying SYS is adding "modules" from places like Doba? Just curious, because I'm a wholesaler IRL and will dropship over multiple decentralized marketplaces like OpenBazaar and ShadowMarket. I don't need a module to do so. Why pay fees to a middle man? I'd highlight these "modules" as a feature of SYS in your manifesto instead of a comparison point.

Same with Payment Processors. ShadowMarket is definitely not going to ever have those modules. And OpenBazaar is also never going to ever have those modules. Both teams have fundamentally built their systems on a cryptocurrency that takes the middle man out of p2p transactions. Hence "decentralized".

btw, Shadow is built on the same bitcoin code satoshi coded as SYS. Not bitmessage

Lastly, a decentralized marketplace is just one feature of the Privacy Platform the Shadow Project is creating. Can you communicate within SYS or the other marketplaces with clients within the platform, securely and privately?

I'll take longer to read later. I appreciate your breath of review.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:44:36 PM

Dropship support is misleading for decentalized marketplaces. Are you saying SYS is adding "modules" from places like Doba? Just curious, because I'm a wholesaler IRL and will dropship over multiple decentralized marketplaces like OpenBazaar and ShadowMarket. I don't need a module to do so. Why pay fees to a middle man? I'd highlight these "modules" as a feature of SYS in your manifesto instead of a comparison point.

Same with Payment Processors. ShadowMarket is definitely not going to ever have those modules. And OpenBazaar is also never going to ever have those modules. Both teams have fundamentally built their systems on a cryptocurrency that takes the middle man out of p2p transactions. Hence "decentralized".

btw, Shadow is built on the same bitcoin code satoshi coded as SYS. Not bitmessage

Lastly, a decentralized marketplace is just one feature of the Privacy Platform the Shadow Project is creating. Can you communicate within SYS or the other marketplaces with clients within the platform, securely and privately?

I'll take longer to read later. I appreciate your breath of review.
Is shade marketplace onchain? That is welcome news and i will uodate if so, please keep in mind that there was scarce news when i made this comparison so im reading about escrow and reputation just now here and would be good to get an update so i can update thr article.

Regarding dropship support, it is the builtin onchain support of being able to resell others offers.. For example if bobsurplus is selling tennis goods and you wish to resell his tennis stuff for a slight markup (or not) you can relist based on his offer and customer pays you the cut and him his cut.. Ofcourse this is vendor controlled through a whitelist and enable disable control on the feature so only those that he sends a certificate to can relist his offers, it is quite flexibile for a vendor who is wholesaling. It is done onchain and controlled by security of blockchain.. Using certificates.

There is private messaging between private keys.. Using public key encryption with ecdh technology, sending messages to public keys (or aliases) for convenient private communication. Its probably similar to shade if they have aliases.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:29:57 PM

Is shade marketplace onchain? That is welcome news and i will uodate if so, please keep in mind that there was scarce news when i made this comparison so im reading about escrow and reputation just now here and would be good to get an update so i can update thr article.

<snip>

I originally responded to this article (must be like six months ago?) when it was bought to my attention .. see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg11310173#msg11310173
Quickly scanning it again shows you still have not grasped how Shadow "what is shade?" works - let alone the P2P market place (no offence but your comments re: Shadow and its code thus far shows you have little ability to comprehend the technology or ongoing development).

I suggest you wait for beta or RC when more documentation will be available so you can compare it based on the actual design.

^ I am with STUPID!
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:20:44 PM

<snip>

I originally responded to this article (must be like six months ago?) when it was bought to my attention .. see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg11310173#msg11310173
Quickly scanning it again shows you still have not grasped how Shadow "what is shade?" works - let alone the P2P market place (no offence but your comments re: Shadow and its code thus far shows you have little ability to comprehend the technology or ongoing development).

I suggest you wait for beta or RC when more documentation will be available so you can compare it based on the actual design.

Please give me details to update and I will do it. I have over 15 years software development experience and have implemented syscoins decentralized marketplace, im pretty sure I can understand the technology. I don't want to keep running after you for the benefit of updating sections of the article that will only benefit you, so you will actually have to work with me here if you want something done.

I loved the fact that you wrote the response in syscoin's thread with one word answers, typical of someone who is lazy and/or lacks understanding of what was written (could be due the way it was written which could have been done better) and aswell as the reader in question. I think you misunderstood some of the material and need to actually reach a little deeper to understand the implications of what I was saying... some of its pretty subtle and you need to really understand the business, economic and technical incentives of a decentralized marketplace to know where I am getting at, I believe you are missing 2 of the 3.

Cheers
rutherford

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:25:39 PM

wheatclove: "I'm gonna not bother fully researching this topic. Instead, I'll just post some assumptions about your project. Oh I was wrong? I'm not gonna redact my article."

That's what this sounds like to me.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:27:29 PM

wheatclove: "I'm gonna not bother fully researching this topic. Instead, I'll just post some assumptions about your project. Oh I was wrong? I'm not gonna redact my article."

I was going with what was given, with no documentation at the time and no code to look at (remember its private source code) which is funny in a crypto currency community. Again please give your points and I will update, I want the details of shade to be flushed out on paper so everyone can compare on equal levels.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:21:10 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 04:54:03 PM by erok

I was going with what was given, with no documentation at the time and no code to look at (remember its private source code) which is funny in a crypto currency community. Again please give your points and I will update, I want the details of shade to be flushed out on paper so everyone can compare on equal levels.
Why would you do an "in depth" analysis, if you can't really do that, since you really had nothing to go off of it sounds like?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
dasource

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:50:13 AM

<snip>

Please give me details to update and I will do it. I have over 15 years software development experience and have implemented syscoins decentralized marketplace, im pretty sure I can understand the technology. I don't want to keep running after you for the benefit of updating sections of the article that will only benefit you, so you will actually have to work with me here if you want something done.

What a load of nonsense ...
You say you have 15 years software development yet cannot even read the Shadow code to understand the tech. A great example of this was
Code:
ShadowCoin’s marketplace plans to offer anonymous transactions leveraging Darkcoin’s (now DASH) darksend feature

There is not a single line of code which Shadow shares with Dark/Dash/Whatever they call themselves today outside of the Bitcoin fork. How you came to assumption that Shadow was using their tech is beyond me.
Afterall someone with your "15 years software development" cannot work that out?
This was later retracted in your article but shows your failure and why the article is just marketing fluff for your failed project.

I loved the fact that you wrote the response in syscoin's thread with one word answers, typical of someone who is lazy and/or lacks understanding of what was written (could be due the way it was written which could have been done better) and aswell as the reader in question. I think you misunderstood some of the material and need to actually reach a little deeper to understand the implications of what I was saying... some of its pretty subtle and you need to really understand the business, economic and technical incentives of a decentralized marketplace to know where I am getting at, I believe you are missing 2 of the Cheers
I could not have said this better myself, the bold quote text above is exactly what your article portrays ...

Why would you do an "in depth" analysis then if you can't really do that since you really had nothing to go off of it sounds like?
Exactly Wink

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:52:37 AM

And another load of nonsense ...
Shadows entire codebase is opensource and available on a single repo on github for all released versions.

^ I am with STUPID!
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: