Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312488 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 05:48:45 AM

Obviosuly everybody decides their exit points individually.
My personal situation is, I am not thinking exiting Monero (=selling without a plan to rebuy the same amount or more later) any time soon even if Monero costs 10-50 usd each.
In fact, no reason to dump since when it is time to diversify, I hope I can do it without dumping (buying gold coins and other assets directly with XMR).
Also, I am working full time in two jobs which I love + I have several rental units around Finland which alone can sustain my lifestyle without working so I am not selling in the need of money but when others need some of my Moneros.
I know this might sound a scam but it really isn't. It is time to diversify when people are literally begging to be able to throw money into your bosoms (this is a sure sign of bubble, happened in dot-com-bubble 15 years ago people were sleeping in their sleeping bags so that they are able to invest in some kind of vague tech company that went 1-2 yrs later to bankcrupt).

I agree, I would love to be at the point where I could buy an ounce of gold with a couple of my moneros... That's what I'm personally looking forward too... But as of now, I'm living from pay check to pay check, so unfortunately I don't even have the opportunity to buy more if I even wanted too.

Stop using credit/debit card and pay in cash always.
Make yourself a track where your every dime goes, then make a budget.
Then simply figure out how you can safe in your expenses (perhaps eating out once a month instead of weekly, eating more veggies which tend to be cheaper and healthier per kilo than meat, not eating candies/junk, not drinking soda etc.).
My expenses are very low, rent is 20-30 % below market rent (I am renting in Helsinki where the rental income is only 3-4 % and buying appartments for investments with rental yield of 10+ %), I am paying for my breakfast + lunch only 3-4 euros/day and I still think I could safe even from that because for the sake of convenience I am using certain Finnish shop that is pretty expensive.
Then you see how the money starts to pile slowly to you... In real estate investing it is crucial to be good at managing money. It is a skill which everybody can learn and become better and better all the time.
Living frugally today means you are wealthier tomorrow.

I mean, I understand where you are coming from... but there are expenses that need to be paid for besides just food like housing and other things.  I think I'm going to start setting aside $5-$10 a week to put into a separate banking account that I can buy bitcoin with which then I can buy XMR with.  I just wish there was an easier way to purchase bitcoin through pre loaded cards that you can pay with cash.
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:59:41 AM

Wow.... I just did some math at 280k satoshi and came up with a surprising arithmetic.  A friend was asking what she would get right now for her seven bitcoins if she converted them to Monero. 

So I took 1 bitcoin and divided it by 0.0028.  That comes out to 357.14285714285714285714285714286... Monero per Bitcoin.  Ok, so let's directly multiply that number by 7 bitcoins.... 

2500 Monero.  Exactly..  Weird.... I have a bit of dyscalcula - why does this happen?

Unfortunately you friend may be too late to buy XMR for .0028 BTC

Monero just crossed 300k satoshi!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:03:47 AM

My personal situation is, I am not thinking exiting Monero (=selling without a plan to rebuy the same amount or more later) any time soon even if Monero costs 10-50 usd each.
In fact, no reason to dump since when it is time to diversify, I hope I can do it without dumping (buying gold coins and other assets directly with XMR).
Also, I am working full time in two jobs which I love + I have several rental units around Finland which alone can sustain my lifestyle without working so I am not selling in the need of money but when others need some of my Moneros.
I know this might sound a scam but it really isn't. It is time to diversify when people are literally begging to be able to throw money into your bosoms (this is a sure sign of bubble, happened in dot-com-bubble 15 years ago people were sleeping in their sleeping bags so that they are able to invest in some kind of vague tech company that went 1-2 yrs later to bankcrupt).

I agree, I would love to be at the point where I could buy an ounce of gold with a couple of my moneros... That's what I'm personally looking forward too... But as of now, I'm living from pay check to pay check, so unfortunately I don't even have the opportunity to buy more if I even wanted too.

Then simply figure out how you can safe in your expenses (perhaps eating out once a month instead of weekly, eating more veggies which tend to be cheaper and healthier per kilo than meat, not eating candies/junk, not drinking soda etc.).
My expenses are very low, rent is 20-30 % below market rent (I am renting in Helsinki where the rental income is only 3-4 % and buying appartments for investments with rental yield of 10+ %), I am paying for my breakfast + lunch only 3-4 euros/day and I still think I could safe even from that because for the sake of convenience I am using certain Finnish shop that is pretty expensive.
Then you see how the money starts to pile slowly to you... In real estate investing it is crucial to be good at managing money. It is a skill which everybody can learn and become better and better all the time.

This is of course assuming you are alive tomorrow.

You never know when your time comes.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

phishead

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 06:11:59 AM

Just curious... are you ever planning on making some monero physical coins? I would love to snag some if the chance comes around.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4926

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:14:26 AM

Edit: Deleted in shame because I was wasted and stupid. Sorry.

Posting drunk on the interwebs! Say it ain't so! Tongue

w0w price is booming. Dammit cashed out my BTC because I thought it would tank so couldn't get any when it dropped. was looking to grab it when it dropped at 180 but couldn't get rid of some other alts at the time.

I think the collection phase is over for good. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:18:34 AM

w0w price is booming. Dammit cashed out my BTC because I thought it would tank so couldn't get any when it dropped. was looking to grab it when it dropped at 180 but couldn't get rid of some other alts at the time.

If I remember correctly you did extremely well with VPN coin so that should help make up for not owning as many XMR as you wanted.

This there is some way VPN and XMR communities can help each other? Maybe VPN users ask Chinese exchange to add XMR and Monero users ask Poloniex to add VPN? What do you think?

p.s. Its okay to post drunk, especially during a boom.
phishead

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 06:25:59 AM

If I remember correctly you did extremely well with VPN coin so that should help make up for not owning as many XMR as you wanted.

This there is some way VPN and XMR communities can help each other? Maybe VPN users ask Chinese exchange to add XMR and Monero users ask Poloniex to add VPN? What do you think?

This is something we are going to look back and laugh at I think... 300K satoshi is going to be scoffed at in the year 2020, especially thinking of it in terms of USD.  So let's be glad we can still accumulate at this stage still.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:48:23 AM

Wow.... I just did some math at 280k satoshi and came up with a surprising arithmetic.  A friend was asking what she would get right now for her seven bitcoins if she converted them to Monero. 

So I took 1 bitcoin and divided it by 0.0028.  That comes out to 357.14285714285714285714285714286... Monero per Bitcoin.  Ok, so let's directly multiply that number by 7 bitcoins.... 

2500 Monero.  Exactly..  Weird.... I have a bit of dyscalcula - why does this happen?

I've always found 7/28 to be 0.25  ... manipulating the decimal to account for the ten thousandths is child's play.

It's the 7 bitcoins that I can't come up with  Tongue
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:48:41 AM

This is of course assuming you are alive tomorrow.

You never know when your time comes.

Well that's for sure.
However, living frugally doesn't mean living miserably. You can be happy without spending a dime, happiness is not tied to spending IMO.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:56:36 AM

A most excellent Idea, VPNcoin really is a gem and a great idea. There are not many english speaking speculators as they run into the language barrier when it comes to the documentation. I invite you all to take a quick peek and if you like what you see please make a request to polo. I have mentioned it in the thread but the low BCTalk members in that thread is not going to make it happen.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0

AFA what chinese exchange we should target I would have no idea. If you guys come up with a good choice I will ask that community to make an effort for us.

I also think we need a USD/XMR pair and have emailed Krakon and would request you all do as well. I'm pretty fed up with coinbase.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:04:16 AM

I also think we need a USD/XMR pair and have emailed Krakon and would request you all do as well. I'm pretty fed up with coinbase.

In communication with them currently on another matter, I will definitely add the request on my next response  Cool
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:18:30 AM

1. ..and we only had 2 years....

2. 1$ wasn't "collection phase" in bitcoin?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:34:47 AM

1. ..and we only had 2 years....

2. 1$ wasn't "collection phase" in bitcoin?

Good point, If we can get a usd/xmr pair I'll be grabbing more. I'm out of BTC for good.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2213
Merit: 3208

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:03:04 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2016, 10:40:50 AM by bitebits

This is of course assuming you are alive tomorrow. You never know when your time comes.

Which has nothing to do which the solid advice of TC (never imagined saying that). Consuming != enjoying life, I would even say it is the opposite. Take the bike, eat healthy homemade food, get rid of your debts, learn to fix things yourself, share time with your loved ones, invest, get drunk once in a while. You get happier, smarter, healthier and richer along the way. For free.

I can recommend reading http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/ in case you are interested in financial independence or this kind of life style.

Because of all this I don't need Monero to go to the moon. I like it to stay around long term and get even more solid and usable (but I do not object to a somewhat steady'ísh increase in value Wink).

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Bicmac1973

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:16:57 AM

This is of course assuming you are alive tomorrow. You never know when your time comes.

Which has nothing to do which the solid advice of TC (never imagined saying that). Consuming != enjoying life, I would even say it is the opposite. Take the bike, eat healthy homemade food, get rid of your debts, learn to fix things yourself, share time with your loved ones, invest, get drunk once in a while. You get happier, smarter, healthier and richer along the way. For free.

I can recommend reading http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/ in case you are interested in financial independence or this kind of life style.

Because of all this I don't need Monero to go to the moon. I like it to stay around long term and get even more solid and usable (but I do not object in a somewhat steady'ísh increase in value Wink).

Yeah, that's all sensible and stuff, but what about the 'coke and hookers' approach, that Made_Crypto_Great?  Grin

signatures lie!
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:43:00 AM

Every time I think it's done, we bump a little higher.  Will we see 400k this trip?  Top 430k?  or can moon be a real destination?  I just love being well out of the red ink for a change  Tongue

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:54:47 AM

Every time I think it's done, we bump a little higher.  Will we see 400k this trip?  Top 430k?  or can moon be a real destination?  I just love being well out of the red ink for a change  Tongue

The problem is, I have no clue how high it ends but definetely a lot higher.
Arguments:

Summer 2014 the price stabilized to 0.004 (btc was around 400-600, correct me if I am wrong) into form of a triangle.
Summer 2014 the emission was a lot higher and there were pretty much nothing done to develope the product.
Now we are living in 2016, XMR approaching her second anniversary of the coin, had near death experience (case Bitcoinexpress), an epic dump last spring. I guess someone has posted the video link also, code has been fixed and a lot of yet undone development have been funded (so the money will not be the issue here to get XMR rock'n'nrolling - especially as the price increases, the bounties are getting more and more delicious).

I guess the real destination of XMR is to get the marketcap in trillions of USD. I think it will take decade to achieve it without the help of investors. It will be less if we get some VC-money flowing into XMR (like 100+ millions of usd type of funding).
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:30:27 AM

Every time I think it's done, we bump a little higher.  Will we see 400k this trip?  Top 430k?  or can moon be a real destination?  I just love being well out of the red ink for a change  Tongue

The problem is, I have no clue how high it ends but definetely a lot higher.
Arguments:

Summer 2014 the price stabilized to 0.004 (btc was around 400-600, correct me if I am wrong) into form of a triangle.
Summer 2014 the emission was a lot higher and there were pretty much nothing done to develope the product.
Now we are living in 2016, XMR approaching her second anniversary of the coin, had near death experience (case Bitcoinexpress), an epic dump last spring. I guess someone has posted the video link also, code has been fixed and a lot of yet undone development have been funded (so the money will not be the issue here to get XMR rock'n'nrolling - especially as the price increases, the bounties are getting more and more delicious).

I guess the real destination of XMR is to get the marketcap in trillions of USD. I think it will take decade to achieve it without the help of investors. It will be less if we get some VC-money flowing into XMR (like 100+ millions of usd type of funding).

I don't recall exactly what btc was at, but I think somewhere around current levels when I opened my polo account in May of 2014 to get me some of that MRO  Grin  I was lucky to be able to buy my average down, thanks to the 2 dumps into the .0010 range.  Emission is rapidly closing on 50% of where I started, which seems to have snuck up rather quickly.  Every thing seems to be coming together (through the majestic efforts of many talented people) and it is just a very exciting time.   
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:55:02 AM

let us go to the moon.reach ATH

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:36:26 PM

Did I look the price chart upside down . Anything significant happened to monero ?
Pages: « 1 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: