Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 12:35:06 AM

What do you guys think of the slow accumulation of gold by non-US central banks? It seems that they believe (as do many of us) that the dollar’s reserve currency role is unsustainable and that gold will return to its former role as sound high-powered money. I’ve thought that in light of Bitcoin and Monero the central bankers were betting on the wrong horse. Is it possible that it is we not them who are out of touch? What is most likely, a return to the gold standard, adoption of a cryptocurrency standard, or coexistence of both standards?

It's not just gold that's being accumulated by non US banks, crypto is also starting to get accumulated. You're right on the money when you say that the dollar is on its way out as the reserve currency. The countries moving away from the dollar are all trying to lessen the blow for when that happens. It will be a a big hit for everyone seeing how much of the world is tied to the dollar. Gold seems like the best bet, but no one really knows what will take its place, which is why you're seeing many investments outside of just gold. I like to think that this would be an excellent opportunity for crypto to try to step up to the plate but as of right now, I dont think there is any project that is ready. That said i'm still a big fan of monero and believe in the project.

No country is buying any crypto right now. Best chances is the crypto they get from some busted illegal operations. Specially in countries where court system is slow and takes years and years and years until trials gets finished. Some such countries will get rich not even knowing they did.  

There was a report of Russia starting to buy Bitcoin, but who knows if it is even true.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/01/14/russia-plans-tackle-us-sanctions-bitcoin-investment-says-kremlin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GordoLui

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 02:45:57 AM

What do you guys think of the slow accumulation of gold by non-US central banks? It seems that they believe (as do many of us) that the dollar’s reserve currency role is unsustainable and that gold will return to its former role as sound high-powered money. I’ve thought that in light of Bitcoin and Monero the central bankers were betting on the wrong horse. Is it possible that it is we not them who are out of touch? What is most likely, a return to the gold standard, adoption of a cryptocurrency standard, or coexistence of both standards?

It's not just gold that's being accumulated by non US banks, crypto is also starting to get accumulated. You're right on the money when you say that the dollar is on its way out as the reserve currency. The countries moving away from the dollar are all trying to lessen the blow for when that happens. It will be a a big hit for everyone seeing how much of the world is tied to the dollar. Gold seems like the best bet, but no one really knows what will take its place, which is why you're seeing many investments outside of just gold. I like to think that this would be an excellent opportunity for crypto to try to step up to the plate but as of right now, I dont think there is any project that is ready. That said i'm still a big fan of monero and believe in the project.

No country is buying any crypto right now. Best chances is the crypto they get from some busted illegal operations. Specially in countries where court system is slow and takes years and years and years until trials gets finished. Some such countries will get rich not even knowing they did.  

There was a report of Russia starting to buy Bitcoin, but who knows if it is even true.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/01/14/russia-plans-tackle-us-sanctions-bitcoin-investment-says-kremlin/

Ah yes my bad it was Russia not Japan that was rumored to be buying into crypto. But Japan is making moves to move into crypto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg7a5PjytZY&t=156s

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:45:38 AM

Fake news.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:23:58 AM

Fake news.

Trump lover  Grin Grin Grin

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:32:09 AM

Fake news.

Trump lover  Grin Grin Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:07:25 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/2018-year-central-banks-begin-buying-cryptocurrency

hehe
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 10:42:06 AM

Any body want to gamble your investment gambling interweb tokens? Come join us to play in the Super Bowlero Pool and get you some squares! Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5103532.msg49477201#msg49477201
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:36:40 AM

So they already bought their bags apparently.
I didn't know that mcap of bitcoin has exceeded mcaps of all national currencies.
I wonder what would happen if mcap of Bitcoin would exceed mcap of gold. (This would mean price for BTC would need to be around 460k$, according to this http://onlygold.com/Info/All-The-Gold-In-The-World.asp and circulating supply of 17,507,537BTC)

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 01:08:53 PM

Any body want to gamble your investment gambling interweb tokens? Come join us to play in the Super Bowlero Pool and get you some squares! Cool

"What each square should be worth is still to be determined and I will be up for any recommendations.  The X-axis, in green, will be designated to the Eagles and the Y-axis, in blue, will be designated to the Patriots."

How about you guys bet against whether I can guess the score, time of possession, passing & running yards, coin flip, etc...of that game?  Tongue

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 01:23:21 PM

I didn't know that mcap of bitcoin has exceeded mcaps of all national currencies.
I wonder what would happen if mcap of Bitcoin would exceed mcap of gold. (This would mean price for BTC would need to be around 460k$, according to this http://onlygold.com/Info/All-The-Gold-In-The-World.asp and circulating supply of 17,507,537BTC)

So...  They were buying the dip and the dip to the dip to the dipitipity dip dip?  Lolololol.  That's hilarious if they actually were catching all the action all the way down to 3k USD!  Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
dikobraz123

Activity: 88
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:11:57 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Speaking about mcap of gold (old news but never out of fashion):
https://www.businessinsider.com/tungsten-filled-gold-bars-found-in-new-york-2012-9
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:33:24 PM

time for me to stack https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/monero#panel
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 05:10:14 PM

"What each square should be worth is still to be determined and I will be up for any recommendations.  The X-axis, in green, will be designated to the Eagles and the Y-axis, in blue, will be designated to the Patriots."

How about you guys bet against whether I can guess the score, time of possession, passing & running yards, coin flip, etc...of that game?  Tongue

Oops, definitely not the eagles playing... forgot I had that in the OP (I copied and pasted a bit).

And the reason why we do that is because a lot more people can be playing the same game and can get higher payouts.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 05:25:13 PM

"What each square should be worth is still to be determined and I will be up for any recommendations.  The X-axis, in green, will be designated to the Eagles and the Y-axis, in blue, will be designated to the Patriots."

Oops, definitely not the eagles playing... forgot I had that in the OP (I copied and pasted a bit).

And the reason why we do that is because a lot more people can be playing the same game and can get higher payouts.

That's a shame--thought my fantasy of traveling back in time to make unlosable bets had come true  Sad

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 06:21:29 PM

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - zero.
-Voltaire

121 years ago, the Dragon was locked into a cursed, escape-proof Dollar Trap by the Eagle, the Lion, and the Bear.

This infernal device constricted more as Dragon used his might to struggle and resist, for all energy expended was via Carry Trade ceremonies transmuted into additional trapping power.

Eventually the Dragon stopped fighting and began considering how to use the trap's nature against it in order to escape.

Patiently and slowly, but with great determination, the Dragon began to tunnel his way out of the Dollar Trap.

It turned out the Fiat Prison which contained the Dollar Trap was built on solid rock containing a few scant grams of gold per ton of ore.

But that was all the Dragon needed, for his Time Preferences were much lower than the Babylon Bankers who built the prison and his labor force could be made to work for little to nothing.

And so the Dragon assiduously toiled away the decades, quietly burrowing ever deeper into earth supporting the foundations of the Dollar Trap, and amassing a hidden horde of gold befitting his nature and stature.

Even the most gormless and degenerate guards of the Fiat Prison complex gradually began to notice the Dragon gaining strength with every passing boom and bust cycle.  They also noted cracks appearing, then widening, in the walls and floors of their once polished and gleaming (but now shabby and ghetto) structures.

But they no longer possessed the power of their ancestors and could not again wield the Seal Of Solomon with the aptitude required to conjure demons powerful enough to subdue the resurgent Dragon.

Now the Dragon is no longer a prisoner in his Dollar Trap; it has become his headquarters and main office.

The Fiat Prison complex is maintained as a pious fiction at best and is at worst rumored to be some new devious type of Eagle Cage.

The Dragon has heard of a new kind of digital gold and has taken a substantial (perhaps leading) position in the novel commodity.  But he will not underestimate or forget the impact of 5000 years worth of Lindy Effect backing analog gold, nor the more recent role the King Of Monetary Assets is playing in his own story of emancipation and liberation.

How did the Dragon know how to counter the hexes of Mystery Babylon?  In two ways.  First, the laws of economics are universal and independently discoverable/verfiable.
Second, the hidden wisdom of the ages is far older than Babylon and the Dragon is well versed in culture ranging from esoteric traditions to TV Tropes.

Vampires and Silver
by Vicky
(Tumkur, Karnataka, India)

Question:
I heard that vampires are injured when they come in contact with silver. If it's true, then like silver are there any more materials that vampires cannot touch? Can you give the list of them?

Answer:
Silver has a unique place in vampire mythology as the single, solid, naturally occurring substance that can injure a vampire. The ultraviolet rays of sunlight can harm a vampire, as can fire or holy water, but these are all substances that have to be "created" in order to be used. We can create machines that emit ultraviolet rays, we can bless water, and we can start fires, but all of these require planning, special spiritual connections, or specific chemical reactions in order to exist. Silver is a naturally occurring mineral that, in and of itself, can be dangerous to vampires.

Why silver and not, say, gold or copper or any other mineral? Well, no one can say, as we have not been able to sit a vampire down and do any scientific studies on the matter, but for whatever reason silver has been known for thousands of years across thousands of cultures to be a very potent material against several supernatural monsters, such as vampires and werewolves.

For whatever scientific or chemical reason, silver has a unique effect upon vampires when it comes in contact with their skin. Not only does it burn, but it also has a paralyzing effect, making it so a vampire cannot pull the silver off of itself. It's somewhat similar to the way humans become paralyzed by electrical currents - the muscles seize and the person becomes unable to disconnect themselves from the source. While in both cases this is not necessarily deadly in small amounts, there is the possibility of major injury with enough exposure.

The burns caused by silver are minor compared to those caused by sunlight. Silver has the effect, though, of slowing a vampire's ability to heal so greatly that over enough time it could effectively destroy a vampire. The paralysis effect makes it so much more dangerous than other materials in that a vampire could be incapacitated simply by chaining them up with silver chains, handcuffs, or wires. Despite a vampire's incredible strength, the paralysis effect makes it so that they cannot break free of these chains without outside assistance.

While there are other materials and objects that serve as vampire repellents, none come close to matching the effects of silver.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 06:52:21 PM

-Voltaire

121 years ago, the Dragon was locked into a cursed, escape-proof Dollar Trap by the Eagle, the Lion, and the Bear.

This infernal device constricted more as Dragon used his might to struggle and resist, for all energy expended was via Carry Trade ceremonies transmuted into additional trapping power.

Eventually the Dragon stopped fighting and began considering how to use the trap's nature against it in order to escape.

Patiently and slowly, but with great determination, the Dragon began to tunnel his way out of the Dollar Trap.

It turned out the Fiat Prison which contained the Dollar Trap was built on solid rock containing a few scant grams of gold per ton of ore.

But that was all the Dragon needed, for his Time Preferences were much lower than the Babylon Bankers who built the prison and his labor force could be made to work for little to nothing.

And so the Dragon assiduously toiled away the decades, quietly burrowing ever deeper into earth supporting the foundations of the Dollar Trap, and amassing a hidden horde of gold befitting his nature and stature.

Even the most gormless and degenerate guards of the Fiat Prison complex gradually began to notice the Dragon gaining strength with every passing boom and bust cycle.  They also noted cracks appearing, then widening, in the walls and floors of their once polished and gleaming (but now shabby and ghetto) structures.

But they no longer possessed the power of their ancestors and could not again wield the Seal Of Solomon with the aptitude required to conjure demons powerful enough to subdue the resurgent Dragon.

Now the Dragon is no longer a prisoner in his Dollar Trap; it has become his headquarters and main office.

The Fiat Prison complex is maintained as a pious fiction at best and is at worst rumored to be some new devious type of Eagle Cage.

The Dragon has heard of a new kind of digital gold and has taken a substantial (perhaps leading) position in the novel commodity.  But he will not underestimate or forget the impact of 5000 years worth of Lindy Effect backing analog gold, nor the more recent role the King Of Monetary Assets is playing in his own story of emancipation and liberation.

How did the Dragon know how to counter the hexes of Mystery Babylon?  In two ways.  First, the laws of economics are universal and independently discoverable/verfiable.
Second, the hidden wisdom of the ages is far older than Babylon and the Dragon is well versed in culture ranging from esoteric traditions to TV Tropes.

Wow... what brings you this way stranger?
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:51:58 PM

-Voltaire

Vampires and Silver
by Vicky
(Tumkur, Karnataka, India)

Question:
I heard that vampires are injured when they come in contact with silver. If it's true, then like silver are there any more materials that vampires cannot touch? Can you give the list of them?

Answer:
Silver has a unique place in vampire mythology as the single, solid, naturally occurring substance that can injure a vampire. The ultraviolet rays of sunlight can harm a vampire, as can fire or holy water, but these are all substances that have to be "created" in order to be used. We can create machines that emit ultraviolet rays, we can bless water, and we can start fires, but all of these require planning, special spiritual connections, or specific chemical reactions in order to exist. Silver is a naturally occurring mineral that, in and of itself, can be dangerous to vampires.

Why silver and not, say, gold or copper or any other mineral? Well, no one can say, as we have not been able to sit a vampire down and do any scientific studies on the matter, but for whatever reason silver has been known for thousands of years across thousands of cultures to be a very potent material against several supernatural monsters, such as vampires and werewolves.

For whatever scientific or chemical reason, silver has a unique effect upon vampires when it comes in contact with their skin. Not only does it burn, but it also has a paralyzing effect, making it so a vampire cannot pull the silver off of itself. It's somewhat similar to the way humans become paralyzed by electrical currents - the muscles seize and the person becomes unable to disconnect themselves from the source. While in both cases this is not necessarily deadly in small amounts, there is the possibility of major injury with enough exposure.

The burns caused by silver are minor compared to those caused by sunlight. Silver has the effect, though, of slowing a vampire's ability to heal so greatly that over enough time it could effectively destroy a vampire. The paralysis effect makes it so much more dangerous than other materials in that a vampire could be incapacitated simply by chaining them up with silver chains, handcuffs, or wires. Despite a vampire's incredible strength, the paralysis effect makes it so that they cannot break free of these chains without outside assistance.

While there are other materials and objects that serve as vampire repellents, none come close to matching the effects of silver.

Oh shit, so I should have went all in on litecoin,   ha ha

Great stuff thanks

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 09:41:04 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2019, 10:11:52 PM by iCEBREAKER
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5)

Smoothie's new coins, tbh.  Cool
But how about an overdue rant too?
 Roll Eyes

I see Bitcoin maximalist supremacist monopolists conveniently ignoring the fact they failed in previous attempts to enforce upon reasonable people false claims to the exclusive title of "Maximalist" many years ago, under the atrocious thought leadership of cypherdoc & other victims of (a viciously Dunning-Krueger-compounded) Peter_R Principle.

These Eternal September perma-noobs would like to forget he was the original "maximalist supremacist monopolist" crank (I created the bespoke term especially for frappe.doc like a Savlle Row tailor creates a custom suit).

It's beyond ridiculous certain self-appointed baguette-munching "Bitcoin Ambassadors" don't even grasp the basics of their ostensible field of expertise's culture (ie history) and linguistics (ie vocabulary).

They make hilariously ignorant grunts accusing coblee and fluffy of trying to "redefine language to try and paint people calling out scams as extremists!"

That, despite the Maximalist vs Monopolist distinction being well defined and established years before Bcash was a glimmer reflected from Roger to Jihan's bedroom eyes.

This isn't hard and the salty supremacists are only pretending it's hard for the exact same reasons the Bcash people pretend it's a hard call whether or not to award the Bitcoin brand/socioeconomic majority/ticker to the original defending chain or this year's controversial attacking hard fork.

Even smug muggles like Akin Fernandez, Pierre Rochard, and Francis Pouliot can easily (if they would only try) to understand the basic English written here:

Op-ed: BTC Supremacists are not Bitcoin Maximalists
By Mike - September 24, 2018

I would like to differentiate the original notion of “Bitcoin Maximalism” with the extreme “BTC Supremacy” currently popular within the r/Bitcoin/Blockstream/Bitcoin Core/Magical Crypto Friends wing of the Bitcoin community. The purpose of this piece will be to emphasize the positive aspects of Bitcoin Maximalism while polemicizing the wretched tendencies of BTC Supremacy.

I propose that all derogatory mentions of “Bitcoin Maximalist” are actually descriptions of what is better understood as a “BTC Supremacist”. We must make this distinction clear and well-known. BTC Supremacists are the only ones who say that Bitcoin is not a great form of money, that BTC is not for people who earn less than $2 a day, that you should just use fiat to collect credit card points.

BTC Supremacy holds that only the blockchain currently designated by the ticker symbol BTC can possibly represent any idea of Bitcoin. No other blockchain, not even forks with the same UTXO history, can possibly participate in any conversation about Bitcoin. To suggest otherwise earns you the title, “known scammer”.  Accordingly, the will of the sole BTC development team, Bitcoin Core, reigns supreme. Dissenters are censored and cast out of Bitcoin communities by BTC Supremacists. Heretics are blocked on social media by BTC Supremacists.

Yes, I can confirm @BEAUTYON_ 100% DEFINITELY BLOCKS FOR DISAGREEMENT B/C HE'S A SNIGGERING COWARD AFRAID TO BE PROVEN WRONG IN PUBLIC.

Let's also recall the (pathological) maximalist supremacist monopolist mindset originated from within the toxic fever swamps of Mircea Posescu's cult of personality, the long-defunct Republic of La Serenissima.

It's funny the same maximalist supremacist monopolist gang of Mircea's ass-kissing passengers are still hanging out together, smoking fags on their e-stoop and shouting crapulent, witless things at any pedestrian Mere-Maximalist unfortunate enough to be in their disreputable proximity.

It's not like Coinspice Mike's ideas are new, radical, or even untested.

Anyone with memory function superior to Akin/Pierre/Francis' Axis of Trilemmings can easily use the board's search function to research the history of maximalist vs monopolist  evolution.

It's good for Monero that Litecoin is helping us break up the Bitcoin/Ethereum duopoly.  Once a market relents from its Bitcoin maximalist supremacist monopolist (or 'Muh Flippening') paradigm there is no more protectionism and every coin must compete for users based on its own merits.  That means cheap tx fees, quick confirms, low withdrawals fees, and extra features such as privacy.

And now (as predicted) we see every coin competing for users based on its own cheap/quick/private merits.  (I know, I know.  The horror!  Don't they realize Bitcoin is ENTITLED to be the ONLY BLOCKCHAIN EVAR??1?)

Yes, this is on topic.  Here's why:

Bitcoin is meaningfully handing key use-cases to alts. Core's roadmap that clearly has no regard for keeping on-chain fees as cheap as possible for as long as possible, is opening the door for alts to satisfy the demand for secure & cheap transactions. Further, Core stonewalling the community, and stagnating development that's actually meaningful to users is scary.

Thus, the key thesis that Bitcoin can and will adapt when necessary, and/or adopt innovations from alt-coins (adaptive blocksize anyone?) when it's clearly advantageous to do so, is now empirically in question.

So you can count me as one of the people who's been staunchly Bitcoiin-maximalist for *years*, but is now questioning Bitcoin's direction in a fundamental way that I have not before. There hasn't been an event in Bitcoin, until now, which threatens to fundamentally change Bitcoin's longterm vision and key value. So it's pretty darn reasonable for people to start looking elsewhere. I personally haven't converted any cold-storage BTC to alts, but as you note, I'm seeing long-time Bitcoiners do so (or at least talk about it) for the first time. Core and supporters may want to take notice before the reality that Bitcoin is not operating in a competition-free vacuum hits them in the face. There's still time to fix this. But not much.

I am a Maximalist ('BTC's Holy Ledger is the Mother of All Blockchains and Father of All Settlement Networks'), but not a Maximalist Monopolist Supremacist ('only BTC should exist; all alts are scams Because Natural Monopoly and Reasons').

Like smoothie and many others, I've been advocating/predicting Nash equilibrium among Bitcoin and the (legitimate) alts since Litecoin was created.  

Nothing fundamental in Bitcoin has changed; it still works almost perfectly.  

The world adapts to Honey Badger; he does not jump through the latest trendy software hoop every time some Panicky Penelopes feel like wetting their pants over losing use cases (marginal or otherwise) to altcoins.

Control variables like blocksize, which effect the economics and decentralization of e-cash/crypto experiments, are not going to be changed for no good reason.  We'll have segwit ASAP, so let's calm down and avoid having a Hearnia.   Wink

The proper way to expand the experimental search of e-cash state space is by creating parallel experiments with adjusted parameters.  It's best to have Bitcoin follow through on its commitment to limited/fixed blocks, while Monero tries a different approach with dynamic blocks.

Bolting onto Bitcoin the latest shiny new altcoin thing only concentrates risk and reduces diversity of options available to users.

One more before I drop the blade.

Bitcoin is Gavincoin soon and it will be inaccessible for every day people. Bitcoin fears and hates all altcoins.

Litecoin has a bright future. Everyday people will use altcoins like Litecoin, Dogecoin and others. Not Bitcoin.

Bitcoin loves its children, nieces, and nephews.  Even the prodigal, black sheep scamcoins.   Cheesy

The altcoin hate/fear comes from the Monotheist Monopolist Maximalist Supremacists.

We Minimal Maximalists welcome a vibrant ecosystem of other coins, all trading under the watchful eye of the Holy Mother of All Blockchains.

And now the coup de grâce.

iCEBREAKER's guillotine:
Bitcoin Monopolist Maximalist Supremacists inevitably go off the rails and end up indistinguishable from Buttcoiners

In conclusion, the only people redefining the language of Bitcoin maximalism are the leaderless Mircea cult leftovers from the #bitcoin-asshats implosion who don't understand why they don't (and can't) control a narrative without facts and logic rallying support to their side.  Oh, and the Bcash dead-enders too (see "iCEBREAKER's guillotine" for the reason why).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:46:33 PM

Smoothie's new coins, tbh.  Cool
But how about an overdue rant too?
 Roll Eyes

I see Bitcoin maximalist supremacist monopolists conveniently ignoring the fact they failed in previous attempts to enforce upon reasonable people false claims to the exclusive title of "Maximalist" many years ago, under the atrocious thought leadership of cypherdoc & other victims of (a viciously Dunning-Krueger-compounded) Peter_R Principle.

These Eternal September perma-noobs would like to forget he was the original "maximalist supremacist monopolist" crank (I created the bespoke term especially for frappe.doc like a Savlle Row tailor creates a custom suit).

It's beyond ridiculous certain self-appointed baguette-munching "Bitcoin Ambassadors" don't even grasp the basics of their ostensible field of expertise's culture (ie history) and linguistics (ie vocabulary).

They make hilariously ignorant grunts accusing coblee and fluffy of trying to "redefine language to try and paint people calling out scams as extremists!"

That, despite the Maximalist vs Monopolist distinction being well defined and established years before Bcash was a glimmer reflected from Roger to Jihan's bedroom eyes.

This isn't hard and the salty supremacists are only pretending it's hard for the exact same reasons the Bcash people pretend it's a hard call whether or not to award the Bitcoin brand/socioeconomic majority/ticker to the original defending chain or this year's controversial attacking hard fork.

Even smug muggles like Akin Fernandez, Pierre Rochard, and Francis Pouliot can easily (if they would only try) to understand the basic English written here:

Op-ed: BTC Supremacists are not Bitcoin Maximalists
By Mike - September 24, 2018

I would like to differentiate the original notion of “Bitcoin Maximalism” with the extreme “BTC Supremacy” currently popular within the r/Bitcoin/Blockstream/Bitcoin Core/Magical Crypto Friends wing of the Bitcoin community. The purpose of this piece will be to emphasize the positive aspects of Bitcoin Maximalism while polemicizing the wretched tendencies of BTC Supremacy.

I propose that all derogatory mentions of “Bitcoin Maximalist” are actually descriptions of what is better understood as a “BTC Supremacist”. We must make this distinction clear and well-known. BTC Supremacists are the only ones who say that Bitcoin is not a great form of money, that BTC is not for people who earn less than $2 a day, that you should just use fiat to collect credit card points.

BTC Supremacy holds that only the blockchain currently designated by the ticker symbol BTC can possibly represent any idea of Bitcoin. No other blockchain, not even forks with the same UTXO history, can possibly participate in any conversation about Bitcoin. To suggest otherwise earns you the title, “known scammer”.  Accordingly, the will of the sole BTC development team, Bitcoin Core, reigns supreme. Dissenters are censored and cast out of Bitcoin communities by BTC Supremacists. Heretics are blocked on social media by BTC Supremacists.

Yes, I can confirm @BEAUTYON_ 100% DEFINITELY BLOCKS FOR DISAGREEMENT B/C HE'S A SNIGGERING COWARD AFRAID TO BE PROVEN WRONG IN PUBLIC.

Let's also recall the (pathological) maximalist supremacist monopolist mindset originated from within the toxic fever swamps of Mircea Posescu's cult of personality, the long-defunct Republic of La Serenissima.

It's funny the same maximalist supremacist monopolist gang of Mircea's ass-kissing passengers are still hanging out together, smoking fags on their e-stoop and shouting crapulent, witless things at any pedestrian Mere-Maximalist unfortunate enough to be in their disreputable proximity.

It's not like Coinspice Mike's ideas are new, radical, or even untested.

Anyone with memory function superior to Akin/Pierre/Francis' Axis of Trilemmings can easily use the board's search function to research the history of maximalist vs monopolist  evolution.

It's good for Monero that Litecoin is helping us break up the Bitcoin/Ethereum duopoly.  Once a market relents from its Bitcoin maximalist supremacist monopolist (or 'Muh Flippening') paradigm there is no more protectionism and every coin must compete for users based on its own merits.  That means cheap tx fees, quick confirms, low withdrawals fees, and extra features such as privacy.

And now (as predicted) we see every coin competing for users based on its own cheap/quick/private merits.  (I know, I know.  The horror!  Don't they realize Bitcoin is ENTITLED to be the ONLY BLOCKCHAIN EVAR??1?)

Yes, this is on topic.  Here's why:

Bitcoin is meaningfully handing key use-cases to alts. Core's roadmap that clearly has no regard for keeping on-chain fees as cheap as possible for as long as possible, is opening the door for alts to satisfy the demand for secure & cheap transactions. Further, Core stonewalling the community, and stagnating development that's actually meaningful to users is scary.

Thus, the key thesis that Bitcoin can and will adapt when necessary, and/or adopt innovations from alt-coins (adaptive blocksize anyone?) when it's clearly advantageous to do so, is now empirically in question.

So you can count me as one of the people who's been staunchly Bitcoiin-maximalist for *years*, but is now questioning Bitcoin's direction in a fundamental way that I have not before. There hasn't been an event in Bitcoin, until now, which threatens to fundamentally change Bitcoin's longterm vision and key value. So it's pretty darn reasonable for people to start looking elsewhere. I personally haven't converted any cold-storage BTC to alts, but as you note, I'm seeing long-time Bitcoiners do so (or at least talk about it) for the first time. Core and supporters may want to take notice before the reality that Bitcoin is not operating in a competition-free vacuum hits them in the face. There's still time to fix this. But not much.

I am a Maximalist ('BTC's Holy Ledger is the Mother of All Blockchains and Father of All Settlement Networks'), but not a Maximalist Monopolist Supremacist ('only BTC should exist; all alts are scams Because Natural Monopoly and Reasons').

Like smoothie and many others, I've been advocating/predicting Nash equilibrium among Bitcoin and the (legitimate) alts since Litecoin was created.  

Nothing fundamental in Bitcoin has changed; it still works almost perfectly.  

The world adapts to Honey Badger; he does not jump through the latest trendy software hoop every time some Panicky Penelopes feel like wetting their pants over losing use cases (marginal or otherwise) to altcoins.

Control variables like blocksize, which effect the economics and decentralization of e-cash/crypto experiments, are not going to be changed for no good reason.  We'll have segwit ASAP, so let's calm down and avoid having a Hearnia.   Wink

The proper way to expand the experimental search of e-cash state space is by creating parallel experiments with adjusted parameters.  It's best to have Bitcoin follow through on its commitment to limited/fixed blocks, while Monero tries a different approach with dynamic blocks.

Bolting onto Bitcoin the latest shiny new altcoin thing only concentrates risk and reduces diversity of options available to users.

One more before I drop the blade.

Bitcoin is Gavincoin soon and it will be inaccessible for every day people. Bitcoin fears and hates all altcoins.

Litecoin has a bright future. Everyday people will use altcoins like Litecoin, Dogecoin and others. Not Bitcoin.

Bitcoin loves its children, nieces, and nephews.  Even the prodigal, black sheep scamcoins.   Cheesy

The altcoin hate/fear comes from the Monotheist Monopolist Maximalist Supremacists.

We Minimal Maximalists welcome a vibrant ecosystem of other coins, all trading under the watchful eye of the Holy Mother of All Blockchains.

And now the coup de grâce.

iCEBREAKER's guillotine:
Bitcoin Monopolist Maximalist Supremacists inevitably go off the rails and end up indistinguishable from Buttcoiners

In conclusion, the only people redefining the language of Bitcoin maximalism are the leaderless Mircea cult leftovers from the #bitcoin-asshats implosion who don't understand why they don't (and can't) control a narrative without facts and logic rallying support to their side.  Oh, and the Bcash dead-enders too (see "iCEBREAKER's guillotine" for the reason why).

Did Shelby get a hold of your account?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 11:53:42 PM
Merited by Bitcoinaire (1)

What does Anonymint have to do with a crypto-history lesson which starts a couple of years before his sign-up in 2013?  Was he in #bitcoin-asshats?  I do see one important point on that tangent, and modified our new heuristic accordingly.

Shelby was (is?) a Shelbycoin monopolist maximalist monotheist fundamentalist ideologue, and (in accordance with i.G.) inevitably went off the rails, ending up indistinguishable from Buttcoiners.

Who's next?  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: