Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:45:35 PM

The advertisement group is a regular Telegram group, where you forward a short message (with a set fee) to the admin, who then manually posts your comment. 

This is not the AE. It is not even a cheap imitation of what is described in the white paper. 

I suspect the ad group was an unplanned development aimed to appease coinholders while the CEO of PayKey focuses on other things.

Waiting a year for this ad group is an insult, and calling it the AE is an insult to my intelligence. 

Even die hard supporters need to start asking what the hell is going on. After talking about developing AE and they give a manually operated group channel. If this coin was open source I would suggest the community takes it over. What a mess. If Daniel doesn't start apologizing and admitting they failed in delivering to investors promised goals then some action needs to be taken, possibly legal.

The AE is a serious piss take on investors.
Kuriko

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:52:51 PM

The advertisement group is a regular Telegram group, where you forward a short message (with a set fee) to the admin, who then manually posts your comment. 

This is not the AE. It is not even a cheap imitation of what is described in the white paper. 

I suspect the ad group was an unplanned development aimed to appease coinholders while the CEO of PayKey focuses on other things.

Waiting a year for this ad group is an insult, and calling it the AE is an insult to my intelligence. 

Even die hard supporters need to start asking what the hell is going on. After talking about developing AE and they give a manually operated group channel. If this coin was open source I would suggest the community takes it over. What a mess. If Daniel doesn't start apologizing and admitting they failed in delivering to investors promised goals then some action needs to be taken, possibly legal.

We got a drama queen over here. Not your usual pump and dump i get it just sell already and move on.
dannyman

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:55:24 PM

We got a drama queen over here. Not your usual pump and dump i get it just sell already and move on.

Ok tell me what you opinion of the AE is, knowing it's a manually operated telegram group that can be set up in a minute. All they programmed was a box to send coins to the mod, and they divided it up and sent it to users. Is that how you imagined AE?

You are the one acting not me.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:57:39 PM

Hey Getgemz, I have withdrawed again 90 gemz to my poloniex wallet and still it hasn't been proccessed. Also the previous withdrawal was not credited as well. I thought after the message I received from admin it will be proccessed but as of today, I still hasn't received anything. Why are you guys offering such service. -_-
Kuriko

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Ok tell me what you opinion of the AE is, knowing it's a manually operated telegram group that can be set up in a minute. All they programmed was a box to send coins to the mod, and they divided it up and sent it to users. Is that how you imagined AE?

You are the one acting not me.

You and a bunch of other kid decided to call this feature the AE. Where did you see daniel release an update where he claims that this very feature is the AE? Stoo the drama id rather wait another couple of months and not rush them into making a retarded decision just so it can make feel a couple of investors better. This is obviously not the AE they were talking about and was never announced as such so lets wait and see instead of bashing what could be the biggest project  in crypto for years to come.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:48:32 PM

The AE now isn't much like the AE from the whitepaper and i asked this in the groups. I dont think the current AE is the final version, maybe a way to test things and gain members?

Some answers from other members regarding this:

I believe this ad system is the first iteration, but that is a question to ask Daniel.

My understanding is that adverts will scroll across the pk keyboard, but I like the idea of context specific channels for adverts too, like an android channel for everything android, iOS for everything iPhone, laptops, cooking equipment, etc. Then you join the channels for the technologies and product types you are interested in and get paid for viewing adverts.

So I would click more, consider adverts more seriously, maybe find great deals, and the advertisers would get a far better click and conversion (to order) rate.
I'm more interested in how pk adverts will be context specific as they could be with channels.

On a side note the current advertising channel has 4416 members, i just saw an ad about getting $10 free in Bitcoin, just ads about getting 'free money' are great and interesting for new users.

Also the app reached 80k users, imo 1m users is reachable, app rates are going faster now.
dannyman

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:28:27 PM

The AE now isn't much like the AE from the whitepaper and i asked this in the groups. I dont think the current AE is the final version, maybe a way to test things and gain members?

I believe this ad system is the first iteration, but that is a question to ask Daniel.

My understanding is that adverts will scroll across the pk keyboard, but I like the idea of context specific channels for adverts too, like an android channel for everything android, iOS for everything iPhone, laptops, cooking equipment, etc. Then you join the channels for the technologies and product types you are interested in and get paid for viewing adverts.

So I would click more, consider adverts more seriously, maybe find great deals, and the advertisers would get a far better click and conversion (to order) rate.
I'm more interested in how pk adverts will be context specific as they could be with channels.

On a side note the current advertising channel has 4416 members, i just saw an ad about getting $10 free in Bitcoin, just ads about getting 'free money' are great and interesting for new users.

Also the app reached 80k users, imo 1m users is reachable, app rates are going faster now.

No one said the app isn't getting users. They are saying AE clearly is BS compared to what was promised and the team received 1m friken dollars for. if users don't ever buy coins how do you suspose the price will rise?

And please stop insulting our intelligence about the telegram channel. I know many forums that if I post on will be looked at by a few thousand people for free. It's called the Internet dumbass, you're on it right now.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:44:38 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 05:00:33 PM by Netnox

No one said the app isn't getting users. They are saying AE clearly is BS compared to what was promised and the team received 1m friken dollars for. if users don't ever buy coins how do you suspose the price will rise?

And please stop insulting our intelligence about the telegram channel. I know many forums that if I post on will be looked at by a few thousand people for free. It's called the Internet dumbass, you're on it right now.

I just gave an update on usercount, since it wasnt mentioned here yet. Regarding AE how about reading my post?

Would be nice if Daniel could clarify if the current advertising model is the final version of AE or not.
dannyman

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:07:56 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 05:30:45 PM by dannyman

he already did in the app discussion.

Do I have to keep repeating myself this app can go in two directions to zero if the numbers joining aren't converted to traders and buyers or it could moon shoot if those numbers are converted as I have said. its a huge opportunity wrapped up in a mess. The sooner people realise the AE stuff is BS and they start thinking of this app as a kiddie version of bitcoin the better for everyone. And a kiddie version of bitcoin needs kiddie (newbie) traders, fact.

lets not misunderstand the value of this app and what the team have shoehorned into paykey. i.e. the ability to send gems like a text message, its killer and if the get gems team gave a shit they would add fiat to the app too...but they don't so don't hold your breath. Get to my way of thinking or watch the price go to zero, your call.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:34:43 PM

he already did in the app discussion.

Do I have to keep repeating myself this app can go in two directions to zero if the numbers joining aren't converted to traders and buyers or it could moon shoot if those numbers are converted as I have said. its a huge opportunity wrapped up in a mess. The sooner people realise the AE stuff is BS and they start thinking of this app as a kiddie version of bitcoin the better for everyone. And a kiddie version of bitcoin needs kiddie (newbie) traders, fact.

lets not misunderstand the value of this app and what the team have shoehorned into paykey. i.e. the ability to send gems like a text message, its killer and if the get gems team gave a shit they would add fiat to the app too...but they don't so don't hold your breath. Get to my way of thinking or watch the price go to zero, your call.

afaik he didnt say if this was the final version or not or if paykey will play a part with the ae or what his roadmap is regarding the ae.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:53:52 AM

I’m beginning to think that the AE made a lot more sense when the team was building their own network from scratch.

When they switched to Telegram it put them in a box. We’re seeing that now with the ad group, which is a bit of code sprinkled on a regular chatroom, that could have been released any time over the past year.

It’s becoming apparent that we’re just going to get more iterations of this ad group for the foreseeable future. It’s not some temporary mockup.

Of course we’ll be promised much greater things for the future. I just think we’ve bled away so much time, money and community interest that a radical change is in order.

For starters, we need a CEO and dev team that is solely working on the Getgems project right thru until its completion.

This is what every ICO buyer assumed when they handed over their bitcoins.
dannyman

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:12:27 AM

I’m beginning to think that the AE made a lot more sense when the team was building their own network from scratch.

When they switched to Telegram it put them in a box. We’re seeing that now with the ad group, which is a bit of code sprinkled on a regular chatroom, that could have been released any time over the past year.

It’s becoming apparent that we’re just going to get more iterations of this ad group for the foreseeable future. It’s not some temporary mockup.

Of course we’ll be promised much greater things for the future. I just think we’ve bled away so much time, money and community interest that a radical change is in order.

For starters, we need a CEO and dev team that is solely working on the Getgems project right thru until its completion.

Absolutely agree, assuming they really did have the coding for their own messenger. They were shaken at the early stage by another app coming out and saying they will leverage telegram and they panicked. They will tell you they will use telegram until it stops serving their needs but we know that's not the case. The best thing they can do now is make gems buying easy in some way, get rid of the telegram logo and hope the app price and interest explodes and then they can use the gems they have to finance a serious push into making their own app away from Telegram with a financed dedicated team. They need to build it from the ground up with free calling integrated and a store front etc. People hate to focus on price but price is essential to push this thing further and they have the raw materials to do so i.e. Users. it's all such a wasted opportunity at this point. Bottom line I believe the app will get a million downloads this year, the question is what will the team do with that?
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:52:11 AM

Absolutely agree, assuming they really did have the coding for their own messenger. They were shaken at the early stage by another app coming out and saying they will leverage telegram and they panicked. They will tell you they will use telegram until it stops serving their needs but we know that's not the case. The best thing they can do now is make gems buying easy in some way, get rid of the telegram logo and hope the app price and interest explodes and then they can use the gems they have to finance a serious push into making their own app away from Telegram with a financed dedicated team. They need to build it from the ground up with free calling integrated and a store front etc. People hate to focus on price but price is essential to push this thing further and they have the raw materials to do so i.e. Users. it's all such a wasted opportunity at this point. Bottom line I believe the app will get a million downloads this year, the question is what will the team do with that?

Well said. Free calling integrated is a must as almost every communication app has this now. Take a look at wowapp. Get rewarded for everything you and your network do in WowApp up to 8 levels wide. We share over 70% of our revenue/margin!. 100k users in a month. http://www.telecompaper.com/news/wowapp-sets-sail-for-voip-app-market--1115835
People will move on very quickly if getgems dont get their act together fast.
Nandiwal

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Make your own Rule Or Ruled by others.

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

There is a large number of this kind app.. but most of them are fake..
can we believe on this?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:12:13 PM

Sure is a lot of hating and bashing going on here. This is a very bearish group, and the market is reflecting that with some heavy sell offs last night. No intervention by any bullish talk from the higher ups just adds fuel to the fire. Where are we headed with this $.001 USD?
BlockTrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:31:55 PM

Here is an re-branding idea. Change getgems to KeyCoin, or PayKeyCoin and merge the company with PayKey. Make KeyCoin the native currency of PayKey even though that's not possible yet (most crypto-companies promote things not possible today) This could cause a huge spike and get some interest of some big investors. Also change the chat app to PayChat, or PayKeyChat? Just an idea.
dannyman

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:27:26 PM

Here is an re-branding idea. Change getgems to KeyCoin, or PayKeyCoin and merge the company with PayKey. Make KeyCoin the native currency of PayKey even though that's not possible yet (most crypto-companies promote things not possible today) This could cause a huge spike and get some interest of some big investors. Also change the chat app to PayChat, or PayKeyChat? Just an idea.

Paykey i their hoped for cash cow with the banks, it wont happen. I personally think it will fail and the banks will walk away from them with nothing but a lost reputation to the ones who mattered and a failing app.
Kuriko

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:02:03 PM

I have 3 btc of buy orders in the 2k sats , im waiting for yall dumb ass to dump while uselessly panicking lol
dannyman

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:58:42 PM

I have 3 btc of buy orders in the 2k sats , im waiting for yall dumb ass to dump while uselessly panicking lol

But say you did want coins at 2K sats and you were convinced they would rise after your priority would be to get the coins first and then talk shit second, right? DUMBASS. LOL
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:02:17 PM

But say you did want coins at 2K sats and you were convinced they would rise after your priority would be to get the coins first and then talk shit second, right? DUMBASS. LOL

Dang dannyman, you went from hardcore supporter to hardcore hater! :-/
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: