Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:51:53 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 11:12:30 PM by fragout

Maybe they should have focused on the getgems app and what it means and suggest it would scale to other platforms later.  As you said some of the judges didnt seem to get how big a deal it is for the underbanked etc. The judges focus also seemed to be which startup would create the most jobs for buffalo which they confirmed during the bioseed Q&A.
They got bogged down when they were asked about facebook, china and apple possible blocking them especially with the judges laughing and talking while he was trying to answer
In other news, our whale has left the building on polo

250k for the getgems team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:15:01 PM

$250,000 little disappointing......But I bet in few years time getgems will be bigger than any of those companies. I don't thin these old school businessmen understand bitcoin and payments...and how big its gonna be.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:52:45 PM

What getgems is doing is amazing, obviously the judges couldn't really grasp the concept, i wonder if they would knew what the blockchain was and they asked stupid questions which already were answered during the presentation. But the money is just one side and lets be honest 250k is great.

They will enable for fiat, bitcoin and gems to be used on all social media platforms, whatsapp, snapchat, instagram, facebook, reddit, basically everywhere which involves text, this all will be done through the keyboard, so if you type iphone 6s they can show you an ad to buy it for example and the gamification and incentive token is Gems. So you can advertise globaly on every social media and you need Gems for that which is just freaking genius.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:07:40 AM

What getgems is doing is amazing, obviously the judges couldn't really grasp the concept, i wonder if they would knew what the blockchain was and they asked stupid questions which already were answered during the presentation. But the money is just one side and lets be honest 250k is great.

They will enable for fiat, bitcoin and gems to be used on all social media platforms, whatsapp, snapchat, instagram, facebook, reddit, basically everywhere which involves text, this all will be done through the keyboard, so if you type iphone 6s they can show you an ad to buy it for example and the gamification and incentive token is Gems. So you can advertise globaly on every social media and you need Gems for that which is just freaking genius.

In the end getgems could of won 1m and while any help and connections will help, its always will be down to downloads and usage....almost nothing else actually matters.

And as a positive to that i have been following on appanie getgems and its seems to be steadily moving up (though volatile) up the ranking charts. I don't know if this is based on pure downloads but its above many apps that have million plus downloads so while we are early days we are moving in the right direction. Would love to have some more regular info on iOS downloads.

we are currently at #341 for US social media apps.

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/top/united-states/social-networking/?device=iphone

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:18:19 AM

In the end getgems could of won 1m and while any help and connects will help, its always will be down to downloads and usage....almost nothing else actually matters.

And as a positive to that i have been following on appanie getgems and its seems to be steadily moving up (though volatile) up the ranking charts. I don't know if this is based on pure downloads but its above many apps that have million plus downloads so while we are early days we are moving in the right direction. Would love to have some more regular info on iOS downloads.

we are currently at #341 for US social media apps.

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/top/united-states/social-networking/?device=iphone

Seems it went up 90 spots, nice.

On a sidenote, getgems earned another big story on the r/bitcoin frontpage with enabling bitcoin to be used on every social media platform, right now this is only possble on Telegram, also the team has partnered with some major banks on providing service regarding fiat transactions.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

lol...and apparently some traders dunno how to see that this whole competition is still a great positive thing for GETGEMS. (price fell to 5000SAT on polo)

So what has GETGEMS gained from all this?
+ out of more than 11,000 registrants from 117 countries and all 50 states, GETGEMS was 1 of the 11 finalists. Were there any other competitors like GETGEMS? no. GETGEMS was the only one of its kind among the 11. In other words, GETGEMS is still the #1 in its own grounds. Who else came this far? No other alts.
+ $250 000!!! its still a big deal. i know of one altcoin that started off with this amount of funding. and its doing pretty darn well, damn well.
+ US-Social Networking - #381 on Oct 24, #348 on Oct 30. (https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/top/united-states/social-networking/?device=iphone)
+ AirDrop is in beta-testing! So the competition is over, the GETGEMS Team must be HOT on this now. i was thinking that they got their hands full on the competition and testing AirDrop would probably start sometime in Early Nov. But nope. it was already in beta before the competition was over. Goes to show the GETGEMS Team is really full on this.

Can anybody confirm if GETGEMS will still be getting any kind of support from Buffalo besides just the money?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:20:17 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 04:37:33 AM by eightnineten

I think Daniel and Alon performed incredibly under such aggressive questioning--I know I would have not been able to be that quick on my feet, so bravo!

It looks like the focus has shifted from the original goal of GetGems messenger to the Paykey keyboard, which is obviously a brilliant idea!! I'm curious if and how the Gems currency, as well as airdrop, attention economy, referral rewards, etc., will be incorporated as part of the PayKey product? Does the lack of focus on GetGems messenger in your speech mean the development focus has shifted from the GetGems messenger to PayKey? Or will GG Messenger be used as a marketing tool to recruit users to install PayKey (i.e. - PayKey will be installed at the same time GetGems messenger is installed?)
eightnineten

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:04:18 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 05:15:22 AM by eightnineten

Yes, I was curious about why the judges were saying PayKey had no future because of Apple Pay. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the judges didn't grasp that in order for a universal payment system to take hold, it seems as though it is a huge _benefit_, NOT a detriment, that GetGems is not Apple or Google. It seems way better strategically for the banks and retailers to align themselves with a neutral third-party payment system instead of having to choose sides with one or both of the two major players in mobile computing in the hopes that each side's users will jump on board. I have an iPhone 6, and have never once bothered to use Apple Pay because it's not universally supported. The only solution I see is for a third player to jump in the game, and honestly after seeing that speech and how well they both presented themselves and the product (despite the hostility and ignorance of the judges), I can see PayKey going very, very big.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:31:57 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 08:34:44 AM by nextgencoin

lol...and apparently some traders dunno how to see that this whole competition is still a great positive thing for GETGEMS. (price fell to 5000SAT on polo)

So what has GETGEMS gained from all this?
+ out of more than 11,000 registrants from 117 countries and all 50 states, GETGEMS was 1 of the 11 finalists. Were there any other competitors like GETGEMS? no. GETGEMS was the only one of its kind among the 11. In other words, GETGEMS is still the #1 in its own grounds. Who else came this far? No other alts.
+ $250 000!!! its still a big deal. i know of one altcoin that started off with this amount of funding. and its doing pretty darn well, damn well.
+ US-Social Networking - #381 on Oct 24, #348 on Oct 30. (https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/top/united-states/social-networking/?device=iphone)
+ AirDrop is in beta-testing! So the competition is over, the GETGEMS Team must be HOT on this now. i was thinking that they got their hands full on the competition and testing AirDrop would probably start sometime in Early Nov. But nope. it was already in beta before the competition was over. Goes to show the GETGEMS Team is really full on this.

Can anybody confirm if GETGEMS will still be getting any kind of support from Buffalo besides just the money?

With getgems I only think in terms of how many gems I have. the only other coin I think like that is btc.

Of course the price could drop more but personally I would say now is a great time to buy.

eightnineten

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:48:58 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 03:17:43 PM by eightnineten

I have been trying to wrap my head around how Gems would be incorporated into the keyboard, and came to a possible realization that made me jump out of bed. This is obviously pure speculation, but I would love to hear if I'm right.

If PayKey uses the Gems block chain to transfer money from one person's bank account to the other, would this mean that when someone transfers money using PayKey:

1) PayKey would instantly buy Gems off the sell wall using money from the client's linked bank account
2) GetGems would take .5% of the Gems for themselves, thus lowering the supply even further, and raising the price
3) The money generated from each transaction could be used to secure the network and provide price stability via a buy wall and prevent market destabilization from whales who at some point might decide to dump
4) When the cash recipient receives the Gems, they are instantly sold to the sell wall and the money is converted to whatever currency their bank account accepts
5) Or perhaps the user is given the option to store the money as Gems, which would probably create more problems than not

Forgive me for speculating, but if this is true...wow...
eightnineten

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:57:18 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 06:22:34 PM by eightnineten

I have been trying to wrap my head around how Gems would be incorporated into the keyboard, and came to a possible realization that made me jump out of bed. This is obviously pure speculation, but I would love to hear if I'm right.

If PayKey uses the Gems block chain to transfer money from one person's bank account to the other, would this mean that when someone transfers money using PayKey:

1) PayKey would instantly buy Gems off the sell wall using money from the client's linked bank account
2) GetGems would take .5% of the Gems for themselves, thus lowering the supply even further, and raising the price
3) The money generated from each transaction could be used to secure the network and provide price stability via a buy wall and prevent market destabilization from whales who at some point might decide to dump
4) When the cash recipient receives the Gems, they are instantly sold to the sell wall and the money is converted to whatever currency their bank account accepts
5) Or perhaps the user is given the option to store the money as Gems, which would probably create more problems than not

Forgive me for speculating, but if this is true...wow...

That would indeed be WOW, I'd like to hear the thoughts on the whole matter from the GetGems team... right now I don't see it as colorful as you do.

Well I have been thinking about it, and I'm probably wrong because if they bought off of an exchange, unless they owned and operated the exchange, they would be charged a fee; in addition, sending through the block chain wouldn't allow for transactions in less than five seconds. Therefore, the money released from the end-user's bank to the recipient would have to come from another source, or each transaction would simply be an IOU that would guarantee payment to the recipient's bank, with the anticipation that the funds will be released when the transaction is completed on the block chain, or at the end of the business day, I suppose.  I will stop speculating and let them explain what they're doing, because whatever the approach, the potential is HUGE and very exciting!
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:11:47 PM

anyone got a link to paykey....I'm getting different things and I don't know which one is the paykey being mentioned. Is it a paypal type transaction?
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:16:36 PM

anyone got a link to paykey....I'm getting different things and I don't know which one is the paykey being mentioned. Is it a paypal type transaction?

PayKey is a concept the GetGems team is working on, I don't think its a reality yet. It would be integrated in a custom keyboard (the paykey button) for android and ios allowing for both crypto and fiat transactions across all social media. Here a link where its explained : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvSJzxoq7k&feature=youtu.be

Daniel: PayKey is the first payment solution that works inside closed networks, networks that dont have any public api or an sdk.

Judge: But for these companies to allow you to do that and use their open api becomes the friction point because if you get anything meaningful of scale it's not going to be in facebooks advantage for that to be the case, well you need them.

Daniel repeating again: Because we use keyboard we dont need any api or sdk or any permission from the social networks themselves, they cant block it, in this way we can leverage the socialgraph for other businesses and thats how we bootstrap their costumers.

Judge again at the end: If you going to china how are you ever going to confince wechat to allow you in? cus if you have an answer for that.. (counldn't hear the rest)

Daniel probably be like, how many times to i have to repeat to these dumb judges lol: They can't block it.

So seems the judges couldn't get this at all that this concept will work on social networks that don't have a api, sdk, would the judges understand this permissionless innovation gg would get nr1 price.

I think getgems plan is one of the biggest innovations in the crypto, they are backed by some powerful banks, but not only fiat they are going to bring bitcoin AND gems to all social networks.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:25:15 PM

Man I'm a bit of dumb ass but ai understood that. I thought some of the judges were from Silicon Valley?

That is really annoying and almost worthy of complaining about.

You know the best way to prove them as dumbasses is the app becomes a massive hit globally and they have to look back and see they gave it lesser prize than some employment diagnostic website no one ever uses. Etc.

*honestly though I think is the judges did know this they might have been even more negative and started asking them will this be used for ISIS and drugs.  I'm not sure in hindsight the comp was a good fit for getgems anyway, I think they understood old school brick and mortar business that needed big offices in Buffalo. I'm not sure with NY tough rules on Bitcoin it would be the place for Getgem to be around anyway...

Take the money, politely thank them and spend a ton on some awesome viral adverts.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:40:00 PM

PayKey is a concept the GetGems team is working on, I don't think its a reality yet. It would be integrated in a custom keyboard (the paykey button) for android and ios allowing for both crypto and fiat transactions across all social media. Here a link where its explained : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvSJzxoq7k&feature=youtu.be

the question is will gems the currency be part of this wider project?
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:48:07 PM

The app IS the keyboard judges.
Im still a bit confused on how it works though. They were talking about linking the app to your bank account. How is this related to gems and if i send money to my friend on whatsapp, does he get a link to download the app or receive the funds in some other way

"the question is will gems the currency be part of this wider project?"

^this
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:51:53 PM

the question is will gems the currency be part of this wider project?

Only dev team can shed some light on this question but looking at the volume and price, the answer might be a "no". 

-tb-

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:05:22 PM

Im still a bit confused on how it works though. They were talking about linking the app to your bank account. How is this related to gems and if i send money to my friend on whatsapp, does he get a link to download the app or receive the funds in some other way

^this

They will enable gems to be used on all social media platforms through paykey keyboard, basically everywhere which involves text and the advertising can be done straight from the keyboard on all social platforms,  and the gamification and incentive token is Gems. So you can advertise globaly on every social media and you need Gems for that.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:16:08 PM

^this

They will enable gems to be used on all social media platforms through paykey keyboard, basically everywhere which involves text and the advertising can be done straight from the keyboard on all social platforms,  and the gamification and incentive token is Gems. So you can advertise globaly on every social media and you need Gems for that.

Where did you get this insight if I may ask?

It's what i understood from it.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:39:57 PM

Those were daniels words, but lets wait for a blog post indeed for more clearity.
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: