Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:01:36 PM

thats a pretty big deal for gemz. if i was abetting man though I would bet on the bioseed. nice payday either way though.
 top cash prize of $1 million, one of six $500,000 prizes, or four $250,000 prizes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:18:40 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 11:52:14 PM by reRaise

HOLY COW GETGEMS!! You made my day, this is why i follow this project!! Basically the NY gov and other big players know about GetGems. If we compare this milestone to other alts than this one is handsdown the biggest, maybe i'm biased but i think this is a fantastic achievement, great job devs.

43North attracted more than 11,000 registrants from 117 countries, all 50 U.S. states and nine of ten Canadian provinces. Now these 11 talented finalists will pitch before a world class panel of judges for the chance to win the competition’s top prize of $1 million. And that on the world’s largest business idea competition.

Apart from EU court deciding no vat on Bitcoin, GetGems being a finalist in such a major competition is another one. Go get them team!

Just youtube governor Andrew Cuomo, this guy hangs with presidents! GetGems da real MVP.

yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 02:30:55 PM

Can't wait for October 29th!
Exciting  Cool

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:34:49 PM

Superb achievement!

Check this out guys, a list of the finalists and if you click on the companies you'll see a small Q&A between 43north and the company, in this case getgems.

http://www.43north.org/finalists
eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:30:22 AM

Amazing job to the GetGems team!!

In other news, it looks like Bob or some other whale has moved in to the neighborhood temporarily with their huge buy wall at 5000. Watch out for a pump and dump before the big announcement, everyone.
Blasphemy

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:07:20 PM

I don't understand. GetGems, Telegram +. A Telegram addon doing what exactly other crypto/btc wallets are not already doing? How the hell are they ending up in a top 10 at such a competition?
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:29:12 PM

I don't understand. GetGems, Telegram +. A Telegram addon doing what exactly other crypto/btc wallets are not already doing? How the hell are they ending up in a top 10 at such a competition?

If you don't understand why GetGems made it into the top 10, then clearly you don't understand GetGems. I suggest you start by reading the OP. (hint-pay attention to the part about "attention economy" and referral system)   Roll Eyes
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:49:44 PM

Pretty good sell Reraise Wink

What is the next step exactly? Are we mainly waiting on Airdrop and hoping that that will hugely increase the user base? Then once that happens, are we hoping advertisers will start buying gems so they can advertise to users?

Do I have that about right?

Also, what is an approximate timeline?

I am a huge supporter and I hold a lot of Gems, so keep in mind these are all friendly questions (I'm just ignorant about what is happening behind the scenes and what to expect in the short to mid-term future)

Thanks!!

Not only the airdrop, there are other things in the works aswell from what i know. You should join the groups in the app its pretty active there, lots of info to gain.

The problem with having the "airdrop" active without the advertising model in place is that the airdrop coins will drive down the price of GEMZ and many will lose interest in the project because of the declining price. The airdrop needs to wait for the ad system IMO.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:49:31 PM

What is the next step exactly? Are we mainly waiting on Airdrop and hoping that that will hugely increase the user base? Then once that happens, are we hoping advertisers will start buying gems so they can advertise to users?

I am a huge supporter and I hold a lot of Gems, so keep in mind these are all friendly questions (I'm just ignorant about what is happening behind the scenes and what to expect in the short to mid-term future)

Thanks!!

Not only the airdrop, there are other things in the works aswell from what i know. You should join the groups in the app its pretty active there, lots of info to gain.

The problem with having the "airdrop" active without the advertising model in place is that the airdrop coins will drive down the price of GEMZ and many will lose interest in the project because of the declining price. The airdrop needs to wait for the ad system IMO.

Think so too, airdrop should be to promote a complete picture / an app with all functionality and features.. Launch airdrops now and you'll be promoting air an idea of what might be.. Lots of people will know about getgems, don't get what they expect and bail which could cause the opposite effect of what you are trying to achieve.. people don't like trying twice, thanks for the gems and see ya.

I disagree this project is getting a little long in the tooth. I think many got involved and then walked away over time. I think the Airdrop needs to start ASAP, especially as the advertising platform first needs a large amount of users to be viable and also we don't even know when it can be built, great if it can be done in a couple of months but if its another year say I definitely say we cant wait.

To get a perspective on airdrop and price. Getgems when giving away 1 gems a day was actually giving at least 10,000 gems a day (prob a bit more) so 25,000 isn't going to drastically crash the price. Plus they could always moderate how much the airdrop will be anyway....

My point is we had a bit of a pop when the 1 gems giveaway started and fb likes etc. Its the key to getting more users onboard. Thats the early focus IMO. We got to get the airdrop done and also personally need to use some of these competition winnings for some high profile advertising/articles. $250,000+ could buy an awful lot i expect in some tech online magazines etc...pay some kid with 1 million subscibers on Youtube to profile it etc. This thing is ready to go viral with the airdrop...we need to get going IMO.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

Amazing job to the GetGems team!!

In other news, it looks like Bob or some other whale has moved in to the neighborhood temporarily with their huge buy wall at 5000. Watch out for a pump and dump before the big announcement, everyone.

Yep 148 btc no less. he could almost buy the whole orderbook with that.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:29:30 PM

I do get ideally you want to have everything in place first. I just think of it in terms of stages, I mean FB when first out is almost completely different than it is now, you could say the same for many innovations, look at Google, it was a simple looking search only now it practically does everything. So I don't see the issue with doing things in stages. the airdrop, and already to be honest the payouts of 1 gems daily etc already have in place the concept of an app that pays users which in my mind is the big selling point.

in the end the team will have to make the decisions and I hope all things turn out well. I'm hoping that the seed capital also came with a lot of seasoned advice so whatever they think is the best way to go...I mean no one knows for sure what is the best way to do things, hindsight is also easy.

My big thing is I'm impatient for a stating gun on Getgems. I know there have been sort of starts with rewards and store up and running but even the team have said the marketing won't happen till after the app is polished so it's a feeling of limbo....
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:44:17 PM

nextgencoin

I share your concerns. Winning this contest may help in many areas. That is my hope, obviously we could use a little help and I think it's coming. My confidence in getgems has increased tremendously because of this win. Cheesy

Winners will also receive free space at the 43North incubator on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus for one year, guidance from mentors in related fields, and access to other business incentive programs such as START-UP NY.

43North: What do you foresee your new life in Buffalo doing for you professionally and personally? What are you most looking forward to?
GetGems: Relocating to Buffalo will bring unique opportunities for expanding the GetGems team, creating our center for marketing and business development in the beautiful state of New York. I am Looking forward to living within the Buffalo community which is known for its caring residents and their random acts of kindness.

veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:00:45 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 01:08:36 AM by veritasBS

I do get ideally you want to have everything in place first. I just think of it in terms of stages, I mean FB when first out is almost completely different than it is now, you could say the same for many innovations, look at Google, it was a simple looking search only now it practically does everything. So I don't see the issue with doing things in stages. the airdrop, and already to be honest the payouts of 1 gems daily etc already have in place the concept of an app that pays users which in my mind is the big selling point.

in the end the team will have to make the decisions and I hope all things turn out well. I'm hoping that the seed capital also came with a lot of seasoned advice so whatever they think is the best way to go...I mean no one knows for sure what is the best way to do things, hindsight is also easy.

My big thing is I'm impatient for a stating gun on Getgems. I know there have been sort of starts with rewards and store up and running but even the team have said the marketing won't happen till after the app is polished so it's a feeling of limbo....

I don't think the 1 GEMZ daily giveaway is anywhere close to 10,000 GEMZ a day. Not everyone with a wallet took the 1 GEMZ a day giveaway. The air drop will have the same effect as mining in many PoW coins. Many people will just use the GEMZ to get more BTC. I don't think that's what we want without money flowing into the ecosystem by advertisers purchasing GEMZ to display ads. I agree with the impatience....things should be moving much faster on the development end.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:08:50 AM

Someone posted some GEMZ news on r/bitcoin and now I can't find it.  But it had to do with some kind of competition that they were entered into.  Sorry I can't describe it better, but if someone has an idea what I"m talking about and can share a link, please do.  Thanks.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:53:18 AM

i too think the airdrop should have started in some way. like for the GETGEMZ Beta Testers first. But it shouldn't be *fully* launched without the other aspects/features of the attention economy. let's hope they have actually been doing a lot more work than we all have been expecting them to do. i mean...to come this far as a finalist in such a competition, they must have really done something/s to come this far. i don't think the judges are blind to see that.

anyway, GETGEMZ already got $250 000 in their pockets. Let's celebrate with that Fact first.  Grin
And then, either they have double of that or x4 of that.

Someone posted some GEMZ news on r/bitcoin and now I can't find it.  But it had to do with some kind of competition that they were entered into.  Sorry I can't describe it better, but if someone has an idea what I"m talking about and can share a link, please do.  Thanks.

here you go:
https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/657218875948449792
http://www.43north.org/finalists

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

eightnineten

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:10:08 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 09:36:42 AM by eightnineten

I first started off thinking this project was like every other in the Altcoin world, where the motive is purely greed/profit, so my expectations were much different. But after reading the Kibbutz article and reading various quotes from Daniel about family and community, it seems that he and his team are focused on more altruistic goals. I think that kind of energy tends to attract others into the arena who will want to help, as well as those who only want to profit from this project (not a bad thing).

With regard to the people voicing how long this is taking, this project is not nearly as simple as Facebook was in its early days. This team is faced with programming an incredibly complex system for two entirely different OSes that are both secure and full of complex features. Given the recent help from Citibank mentors, as well as the guidance from mentors in Buffalo, I see this move as being an incredible leap forward for the team. They might use the money to hire more programmers, a marketing firm, or simply support themselves with a salary until this takes off. $250,000 is a lot of money, and of course they have the potential to win $500,000 or even $1,000,000!

I trust this team, and give a sincere mazel tov and thanks for all the hard work they are doing, and also want to extend a warm welcome to the US--make sure you pay a visit to the Catskill mountains when you need to relax and take a break! I hope that for all the people here who are anxious, realize that with all the months of waiting we have had to do, they have been behind the scenes working day and night in order to create an amazing product that benefits us all. This project could be the big step toward connecting average people to the world of digital currency, and is very well worth the wait.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:30:45 AM

Thanks!!

Think so too, airdrop should be to promote a complete picture / an app with all functionality and features.. Launch airdrops now and you'll be promoting air an idea of what might be.. Lots of people will know about getgems, don't get what they expect and bail which could cause the opposite effect of what you are trying to achieve.. people don't like trying twice, thanks for the gems and see ya.

I disagree this project is getting a little long in the tooth. I think many got involved and then walked away over time. I think the Airdrop needs to start ASAP, especially as the advertising platform first needs a large amount of users to be viable and also we don't even know when it can be built, great if it can be done in a couple of months but if its another year say I definitely say we cant wait.

To get a perspective on airdrop and price. Getgems when giving away 1 gems a day was actually giving at least 10,000 gems a day (prob a bit more) so 25,000 isn't going to drastically crash the price. Plus they could always moderate how much the airdrop will be anyway....

My point is we had a bit of a pop when the 1 gems giveaway started and fb likes etc. Its the key to getting more users onboard. Thats the early focus IMO. We got to get the airdrop done and also personally need to use some of these competition winnings for some high profile advertising/articles. $250,000+ could buy an awful lot i expect in some tech online magazines etc...pay some kid with 1 million subscibers on Youtube to profile it etc. This thing is ready to go viral with the airdrop...we need to get going IMO.
Hey Nextgencoin all fine and well and I get your point things are going slow.... but the whole point of the app is the attention economy model, think it was part of one of the milestones even - the only reason I can think of to airdrop people into a network with full specs used in the promo but only half working is to lay claim to the concept and not have someone else run off with it in the mean time.    

Airdrop will be live before AE. We will start with a smaller total daily airdrop amount to test the algorithm and distribution.
AE is chicken-and-egg problem in the sense that it won't be attractive to advertisers till GetGems has a lot of users.

We are working hard on a few direction to speed adoption.
By the way GetGems organic adoption is growing fast, keep up the great work everyone!

GetGems reached iOS #468 US-Social Networking on Oct 23.
1628 iOS installs during the last 7 days

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:27:00 PM

those are pretty great numbers I had no idea we were getting those kind of downloads. What is total iOS downloads?

I assumed downloads were stagnant as Android has yet to get past 10,000 downloads, so over 1,500 iOS in a week is kind of crazy.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:33:00 PM

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.  I bought a bunch on this news, even though doesn't seem that momentous.  But only takes a little good news to make a low volume altcoin shoot up hard and fast.
omgnaro

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:00:44 PM

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.  I bought a bunch on this news, even though doesn't seem that momentous.  But only takes a little good news to make a low volume altcoin shoot up hard and fast.

If they win that will be huge news. 1M$ in there pockets IIRC
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: