Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:45:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:56:25 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 10:10:47 PM by reRaise

Suggestion to Daniel and others, imo its more desirable to alter title in the play store after the airdrop is released to 'GetGems - Messaging That Pays' instead of 'Telegram with GetGems'. I think the 'messaging that pays' line is more attractive than mentioning Telegram and it's also pretty much where the app will be known for/promotes itsself so why not put it in the title? If i was a newbie and saw Telegram with GetGems just by the title i wouldn't really know what the GetGems part is all about, but having GetGems - Messaging That Pays it's very clear what the app is about, it's a solid title imo and i would be like oh cool it pays i'm curious so lets try it out. In the description you can ofcourse mention that it's compatible with Telegram contacts. I think this is the best title, not to mention it's also shown in big fonts on getgems.org.

Holy crap man, that's brilliant!!!!

Edit to add-actually the problem, I assume, is that people will search for "Telegram." Calling it "GetGems - Messaging that Pays" sounds amazing, but how would people find it in the app store?

I'm not sure how much of those who type in Telegram will actually download GetGems, i guess they would just download Telegram itsself and if they see Telegram with GetGems they wouldn't know what the GetGems part means unless they click on it or download it, so i don't know how far putting Telegram in the title helps with users download, maybe it did do alot for the download count which if so then great. GetGems has also a referral system to increase users. What i mean is that the strong aspects which makes the app revolutionary are the reward value models which puts the user in the center, so putting these strong aspects in the title would be more attractive. Lets take LINE, its title is LINE: Free Calls & Messages, here they have put the strong aspects in the title so that people get encouraged to download it. GetGems should do the same thing, but you need to weight in the keeping Telegram in the title so that it shows in results against a more altering title GetGems - Messaging That Pays. We can test it and see how it affects users.

I mean how did Telegram start or any other popular messaging app, not many knew about it and certainly didn't search for it in the store.
Demotruk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:54:56 PM

I mean how did Telegram start or any other popular messaging app, not many knew about it and certainly didn't search for it in the store.

It's quite possible that they did, because Durov has a huge following as the creator of VKontakte, effectively chased out of the position and out of Russia.
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:07:32 PM

I hear you reRaise. I MUCH prefer GetGems - The Messaging App that Pays.....MUCH!!! However, as GetGems becomes more and more popular, the number of downloads will increase and it will move higher up in the search engine. Getgems has higher ratings that ANY of the other telegram apps, so that means at some point in the not too distant future, when people search for telegram, Telegram w/GetGems will come up FIRST on the page, and they will also see that it has higher ratings than any other Telegram app.

That alone could get tons of users on board.

It's too bad the name can't be something like, "Telegram w/Gemz - The Messaging App that Pays" (I assume that's too long Sad )

reRaise

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:42:17 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 02:55:00 PM by reRaise

I hear you reRaise. I MUCH prefer GetGems - The Messaging App that Pays.....MUCH!!! However, as GetGems becomes more and more popular, the number of downloads will increase and it will move higher up in the search engine. Getgems has higher ratings that ANY of the other telegram apps, so that means at some point in the not too distant future, when people search for telegram, Telegram w/GetGems will come up FIRST on the page, and they will also see that it has higher ratings than any other Telegram app.

That alone could get tons of users on board.

It's too bad the name can't be something like, "Telegram w/Gemz - The Messaging App that Pays" (I assume that's too long Sad )

You centainly have a point.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 03:38:27 PM

But the trouble is, "Messaging that Pays" had better pay now - and reliably, too - or else you'll get a bad reputation quickly. GEMZ is too young & beta to take the risk until it "pays" faithfully with no bugs. As it stands now, it looks to Joe Average like a referral scheme. If it's marketed now as "Messaging that Pays," it'll inevitably be compared to a multi-level-marketing thingie. Unless you believe that all publicity is good publicity, that's too much of a risk to take at this point.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:53:14 PM

But the trouble is, "Messaging that Pays" had better pay now - and reliably, too - or else you'll get a bad reputation quickly. GEMZ is too young & beta to take the risk until it "pays" faithfully with no bugs. As it stands now, it looks to Joe Average like a referral scheme. If it's marketed now as "Messaging that Pays," it'll inevitably be compared to a multi-level-marketing thingie. Unless you believe that all publicity is good publicity, that's too much of a risk to take at this point.

you are correct, thats why i mentioned after the airdrop or maybe even attention economy, but it is a great line that makes GG stand out in bringing something new.
Demotruk

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:35:12 PM

After watching a bunch of interviews with Jaron Lanier on Youtube, I'm even more hyped about the attention economy than before.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:23:41 PM

I totally agree.  Putting the pay thing at the forefront makes people think its a scam.  I've been in the MLM world and you are right.  Getting paid is great but the messenger needs to stand on its own.  Getting paid is an extra bonus imo.  Leading with getting paid is a turnoff.  Except maybe to people in poor countries.
reRaise

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:52:09 PM

I totally agree.  Putting the pay thing at the forefront makes people think its a scam.  I've been in the MLM world and you are right.  Getting paid is great but the messenger needs to stand on its own.  Getting paid is an extra bonus imo.  Leading with getting paid is a turnoff.  Except maybe to people in poor countries.

Messaging that pays can be put in different contexts. It's like the line 'it pays to be patient' so it doesn't always have to be getting paid like money.
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

I don't know about the Google Play store, but it looks like it would be possible in the Apple app Store to call it:

Telegram with Getgems - Messaging that Pays

Right now it's called:

Telegram with GetGems - Simple, Free, Secure & Profitable Messaging

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id942306232

I do agree wholeheartedly that "Messaging that pays" is very powerful. The words, "Simple, Free, Secure" don't really have much meaning to people in my opinion.

I mean people will know it's free because they can see the price, and "secure" only has meaning if you are into bitcoin and are concerned about the wallet security....but our target audience is not the btc community so that word also has no meaning.

If anyone disagrees, here is another possibility:

Telegram with GetGems - Secure Messaging that Pays

Anyway, I do think it's something for the devs to think about at the very least.
reRaise

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:52:29 PM

I don't know about the Google Play store, but it looks like it would be possible in the Apple app Store to call it:

Telegram with Getgems - Messaging that Pays

Right now it's called:

Telegram with GetGems - Simple, Free, Secure & Profitable Messaging

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id942306232

I do agree wholeheartedly that "Messaging that pays" is very powerful. The words, "Simple, Free, Secure" don't really have much meaning to people in my opinion.

I mean people will know it's free because they can see the price, and "secure" only has meaning if you are into bitcoin and are concerned about the wallet security....but our target audience is not the btc community so that word also has no meaning.

If anyone disagrees, here is another possibility:

Telegram with GetGems - Secure Messaging that Pays

Anyway, I do think it's something for the devs to think about at the very least.

Definitly agree with you and like your suggestion, other messengers are simple and free aswell so it doesnt make gg stand out.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:43:45 AM

I know it might seem a bit unlikely but we need to get someone one in the right area to promote and mention Getgems as a tool that 'democratises' social media. The first person that came to mind who has a big online following of the people group that might use it and has shown some interest in crypto is Russel Brand. He is very into the idea of people sharing the profits in a company so Getgems is bascially that. Personal I find his ideas too communist sounding but something like this if put in front of someone like that could get behind the concept possibly. Maybe just posting on his YouTube shows might succeed. Long shot I know but still worth a shot maybe?
eightnineten

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:27:14 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 10:50:21 AM by eightnineten

Android/Playstore apparently has a feature called experiments that allows you to test different headline variations, so you can test various options and see who clicks what. I'm sure they will try different headline versions to see what makes people bite the most.

Russell Brand already promoted the competition, but maybe he might like this project too. But if you can get 20-40 twitter users who have as many followers as Brand to tweet about this, then it serves the same purpose. It would be great to have more communication from the devs.. I see a lot of good ideas on the forum, but no one here to cheer people on/provide feedback. I understand Daniel is very busy developing the app, but perhaps when the time is right, it would be nice to have a community liaison/PR/social media expert who is revving up the crowd and coordinating marketing efforts here and within the app itself.

On another note, a friend is trying to setup his Bitcoin wallet on GetGems for iPhone, but when it asks for a passphrase, it just says "Next" and he can't submit it. He doesn't remember setting it up before, and if he did, doesn't remember his passphrase. Even if he did, it looks like he can't submit. So perhaps there might be an option to destroy the old wallet and start over, or even setup multiple wallets. In addition, the Android version of GetGems has a UX oversight when singing up: I saw two people get confused on the screen where it asks for name. They kept clicking next, cycling between the two fields without realizing they needed to click the checkmark on the upper right. I had to tell them both to do this.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:36:05 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 11:57:20 AM by Netnox

Android/Playstore apparently has a feature called experiments that allows you to test different headline variations, so you can test various options and see who clicks what. I'm sure they will try different headline versions to see what makes people bite the most.

Russell Brand already promoted the competition, but maybe he might like this project too. But if you can get 20-40 twitter users who have as many followers as Brand to tweet about this, then it serves the same purpose. It would be great to have more communication from the devs.. I see a lot of good ideas on the forum, but no one here to cheer people on/provide feedback. I understand Daniel is very busy developing the app, but perhaps when the time is right, it would be nice to have a community liaison/PR/social media expert who is revving up the crowd and coordinating marketing efforts here and within the app itself.

On another note, a friend is trying to setup his Bitcoin wallet on GetGems for iPhone, but when it asks for a passphrase, it just says "Next" and he can't submit it. He doesn't remember setting it up before, and if he did, doesn't remember his passphrase. Even if he did, it looks like he can't submit. So perhaps there might be an option to destroy the old wallet and start over, or even setup multiple wallets. In addition, the Android version of GetGems has a UX oversight when singing up: I saw two people get confused on the screen where it asks for name. They kept clicking next, cycling between the two fields without realizing they needed to click the checkmark on the upper right. I had to tell them both to do this.

Experimenting with title is a good idea, i agree with testing the title Telegram with GetGems - Messaging that pays, but not right now it's better to wait for the airdrop atleast, same goes for pushing the marketing.

I just setup my bitcoin wallet on my iphone and it said 'recover wallet' once i pressed that it brought me to the image below where you can insert your passphrase and after that you tap on recover passphrase on the upper side. But i obviously set up my wallet before so it must be different than doing it the first time.

EDIT i just found something very handy which i din't know before if i wanted to recover my wallet with passphrase. Before i had to type the words manually and i thought if you lose your passphrase you are screwed. So found out in the image above there is 'recover from keychain' and when you tap on that it will autofill your passphrase, maybe everyone here knew that already but thought i might share it.

reRaise

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

GG seems to be crawling to the top, before it was way down the list where you even had to click show more. I suggest wait for the airdrop and test messaging that pays in the title to see how that works, just like the title of this Thread.

eightnineten

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:23:26 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 11:32:42 AM by eightnineten

Experimenting with title is a good idea, i agree with testing the title Telegram with GetGems - Messaging that pays, but not right now it's better to wait for the airdrop atleast, same goes for pushing the marketing.

I just setup my bitcoin wallet on my iphone and it said 'recover wallet' once i pressed that it brought me to the image below where you can insert your passphrase and after that you tap on recover passphrase on the upper side. But i obviously set up my wallet before so it must be different than doing it the first time.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2447h3t.jpg

EDIT i just found something very handy which i din't know before if i wanted to recover my wallet with passphrase. Before i had to type the words manually and i thought if you lose your passphrase you are screwed. So found out in the image above there is 'recover from keychain' and when you tap on that it will autofill your passphrase, maybe everyone here knew that already but thought i might share it.

Hey thanks for the response. I took a look at his phone, and he goes Setup Bitcoin Wallet-->Recover Wallet-->Recovery Phrase

It asks for his recovery phrase, which he does not have, but I guess this will be fixed in the new version.

Then I looked at my phone, and realized I don't have an option to Setup Bitcoin Wallet. I have Passphrase Recovery, but that's it. We are both running 1.2.2, both on iOS.

Also, what does the dice button do? It simply gives a code +gif, which I assume is a command of some sort to be followed by something else, but not sure what.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:00:12 PM

Hey thanks for the response. I took a look at his phone, and he goes Setup Bitcoin Wallet-->Recover Wallet-->Recovery Phrase

It asks for his recovery phrase, which he does not have, but I guess this will be fixed in the new version.

Then I looked at my phone, and realized I don't have an option to Setup Bitcoin Wallet. I have Passphrase Recovery, but that's it. We are both running 1.2.2, both on iOS.

Also, what does the dice button do? It simply gives a code +gif, which I assume is a command of some sort to be followed by something else, but not sure what.

Are you sure he didn't set up bitcoin wallet before? Can you pm me your username i will add you to the iOS beta testers group, this way you can post it directly to the iOS dev. A new beta is out which fixes some bugs, you can get access to it and see if it's fixed for you, but i would have to add you to the group first.

I don't have the option setup bitcoin wallet aswell and only have passphrase recovery, but that is because i already setup my bitcoin wallet, have you set it up already? check your wallet if you can swipe for bitcoin wallet.

The dice chooses a randpom gif which is unexpected so pretty funny. You tap on the dice sympol with a word you want as a gif, this way you dont have to manually search for a gif.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:57:38 AM

https://bitphone.net/# phone from your PC using bitcoin or GEMs
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:03:00 PM

https://bitphone.net/# phone from your PC using bitcoin or GEMs

Cool

There is also new Counterparty mobile app with Gemz wallet aswell which is pretty innovative too https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3phfu9/mobile_counterparty_wallet_delivers_1st/
Demotruk

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:00:20 PM

Congratulations GetGems team!!

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/657218875948449792
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: