April 26, 2024, 10:20:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ...
. - 0 (0%)
.. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigamining / Teramining  (Read 216391 times)
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:23:03 PM

Don't forget that you were a willing party to this illegal activity.  Your greed led you to participate.

Both the buyer and seller of a stolen television are screwed.

Without precedent, how can legality be ascertained? There is fear and uncertainty, yet nothing concrete. Of course nobody wants to be a martyr, but that may be unavoidable no matter how much information is acquired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:48:08 PM

Fine for me. Just let's find a way to screw the seller too.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 06:16:36 AM

[...]
Lawyers are involved and his probably gave him the "best practices" for establishing the identity of his investors.
[...]
Best practice?
In short it goes like this:
Give me all your personal data or I won't give you the money I took from you illegally.
I didn't know it was illegal at that point so it's ok for me to keep it if you don't comply to my terms.

Don't forget that you were a willing party to this illegal activity.  Your greed led you to participate.

I wouldn't agree with this analogy. A stolen TV would be confiscated and returned to his original owner (a 3rd party)
In this case there is no 3rd party.
Gigavps' mining rig has been bought by him legally (so I hope) and the bond buyers have payed for their share with Bitcoins they obtained legally (so I hope).
So the only illegality is how the buy and sell of the shares has been done.

Like if you had bought a TV, the TV has been delivered but the delivery guy had no driving license. Is your TV no void and you have to give it up without compensation?

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
torusJKL

Activity: 619

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 09:51:46 AM

Your life will go much easier and you will learn more if you do not willfully miss the point.  The metaphor is not the thing.  The map is not the terrain.  Your agreement is less relevant than the color of the hair on my taint, as you are now debating the validity of a throw-away metaphor rather than the thing itself.
There is no need to insult people.

If you participated in the bond program, then you did so seeking profit.  You sought to gain something for yourself while enabling others to gain as well.  This is a glorious thing.
Sounds like Win-Win.

However, it turns out that you did so illegally.  Fuck right or wrong regarding the laws or regulations, it is what it is.  Fortunately, this is a 'victimless' crime for the most part.  Those that have been victimized have not been so due to gigavps's actions, but Nefario's.
This is where I do not agree completely.
It is true that Nefario did some huge mistakes and that those led to this situation.
Sure I'm not happy about this. But it looks like Nefario is trying to right his wrongs by sending the lists of the shares.

But suddenly gigavps decided that he is not trusting Nefario any more and thus imposes new terms on current business partners.
This is what I'm complaining about.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 11:16:12 PM

Your life will go much easier and you will learn more if you do not willfully miss the point.  The metaphor is not the thing.  The map is not the terrain.  Your agreement is less relevant than the color of the hair on my taint, as you are now debating the validity of a throw-away metaphor rather than the thing itself.
There is no need to insult people.

If you participated in the bond program, then you did so seeking profit.  You sought to gain something for yourself while enabling others to gain as well.  This is a glorious thing.
Sounds like Win-Win.

However, it turns out that you did so illegally.  Fuck right or wrong regarding the laws or regulations, it is what it is.  Fortunately, this is a 'victimless' crime for the most part.  Those that have been victimized have not been so due to gigavps's actions, but Nefario's.
This is where I do not agree completely.
It is true that Nefario did some huge mistakes and that those led to this situation.
Sure I'm not happy about this. But it looks like Nefario is trying to right his wrongs by sending the lists of the shares.

But suddenly gigavps decided that he is not trusting Nefario any more and thus imposes new terms on current business partners.
This is what I'm complaining about.

I now believe GLBSE was a massive scam. Nefario was probably working with a few of the asset issuers from the start knowing people would be fucked if they ever try to claim their shares back.

For a nice cut of future mining revenue they can escape free and clear.

miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:55:29 PM

There is precedent or there would be no need for the SEC (pipe down).  This kerfluffle will not result in a SCOTUS decision.

What is the precedent, in terms of any legal decision?
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 12:45:49 PM

What it means if I can't find my email here:
http://gigamining.com/glbse-records.html

Is it list of (emails and BTCaddresses) or (emails or BTCaddresses)?

Just to get clear there is any word on language of documents for claims, I can get only Polish documents which looks correct according to http://gigamining.com/claims.html because it is my "local equivalent".

And what exactly I will gain if procedure will be completed? After that I will be able to use my dividends? Would you use part of contract and buyback shares? Will I get my teramining upgrade?
I'm asking because If I will have pay for authorized translator cost of it will exceed my dividends (2BTC for now) and I see it is possible it's all I can fight now for?

jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 12:51:46 PM

What it means if I can't find my email here:
http://gigamining.com/glbse-records.html

Is it list of (emails and BTCaddresses) or (emails or BTCaddresses)?

Only hashed BTC addresses are listed there.

Just to get clear there is any word on language of documents for claims, I can get only Polish documents which looks correct according to http://gigamining.com/claims.html because it is my "local equivalent".

Local equivalent refers to how to have the documents Notarized.

And what exactly I will gain if procedure will be completed? After that I will be able to use my dividends? Would you use part of contract and buyback shares? Will I get my teramining upgrade?
I'm asking because If I will have pay for authorized translator cost of it will exceed my dividends.

Once a claim is verified, you will receive all back payments and future payments. I am also putting together the outline for the contract for Teramining.
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 12:54:29 PM

WOW, thanks was fast, thank you.

So I'm waiting for the pdf form, or should I put it myself?
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 12:59:04 PM

... I am also putting together the outline for the contract for Teramining.

That's actually great news, most of us get into this because of the Teramining. Hope the terms will be good for shareholders i.e. free and paid upgrade.

theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 01:43:32 PM

WOW, thanks was fast, thank you.

So I'm waiting for the pdf form, or should I put it myself?

I too am wondering about the PDF because I'm wanting to make sure the language used is what you're looking for.

Also, any updates possible on the process for holders with few shares?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:12:47 PM

I too am wondering about the PDF because I'm wanting to make sure the language used is what you're looking for.

Also, any updates possible on the process for holders with few shares?

I am still waiting on Quentin. Hopefully I can talk with him on Monday.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:18:25 PM

I still think you take completely advantage of the current situation, other bond issuers handle this issue way more professional !

I just heard from a German friend, that is is forbidden to copy their I.D.
Why would just anybody trust you and give you all this confidential data...

I am tired of your excuses !
At the moment you are just not more than a little scammer !

It's same in many EU countries (if not all of them). If you do send out a copy of your ID, you better run to the proper office and report your card stolen. Seriously.
Let me ask this: Who (persons name, address, copy of his/her ID etc) do you send your personal info to?
How are they going to guarantee that the data is safe? Have they proved to you who they (he) is / are?

Do not forget, that this little package of info can be used at later time for all sorts of ugly crap. What if he (scammer gigavps or his scum bag lawyer) gets hacked and your information gets stolen? What if this stuff is intercepted (your e-mail)? Who is going to be liable then?

BTW, lets not forget the Data Protection Directive that all EU members are part of.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 03:52:02 PM by Naelr

To all Gigaminers:

First, thanks to everyone who has submitted a claim. We will be reviewing then and verifying them against the list provided by GLBSE to start making payments. To make it easier to submit a claim, I will be creating a PDF file that you can print, fill out, sign and notarize. Multiple people have asked for this and I will certainly provide it.

When is this PDF going to be coming out... HuhHuh

Naelr

Still waiting to hear on this PDF Giga..... I have claims and would like to claim them...

edit:

Also this thread has gotten long and argumentative, and to be honest I haven't read all of it with great interest.  So I have skimmed most of the back and forth bantering from everyone trying to figure out why all of these points are necessary?

in writing at the below listed e-mail or physical address to provide the following information:

1. The bitcoin payment address associated with your glbse.com claim
2. Name of the person or entity claiming beneficial assignment of the agreement,
3. The physical address of the person or entity (no Post Office boxes or mail suites),
4. The tax identification number of the person or entity claiming beneficial assignment,
5. For real persons: a photocopy or scanned PDF of government issued photo identification, or, for corporations the document number and issuing jurisdiction of the incorporating charter and proof of current good standing.
6. An affidavit attesting to the beneficial assignment of the agreement, which has been notarized (US residents/corporations) or local equivalent bearing the apostille of the competent jurisdiction. Copies of an acceptable affidavit can be obtained upon request from the law offices.

Has there been any solid evidence as to why giga and his lawyer need points 3,4,5 and 6?  I never gave that stuff when entering into the
contract by purchasing shares of gigamining?  Is this a CYA tatic incase bitcoins one day become taxable?  I "skimmed" the last 8 or so pages of this thread did i miss something?  This really concerns me because I have been a victim of identity theft and while it was caught at only $800 and a few tried cell phone contracts (in another state mind you) It took me almost 2 years to get that straightened out.  It isn't fun and don't want to go through it again.  I protect all that data now.  I am sending a document to a laywer big deal... is he in turn going to send me a signed and affidavit promising my info isn't going to get out bearing the apostille of competent jurisdiction?  Turn about is fair play? 

Naelr

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:16:53 PM

Also this thread has gotten long and argumentative, and to be honest I haven't read all of it with great interest.  So I have skimmed most of the back and forth bantering from everyone trying to figure out why all of these points are necessary?

in writing at the below listed e-mail or physical address to provide the following information:

2. Name of the person or entity claiming beneficial assignment of the agreement,
3. The physical address of the person or entity (no Post Office boxes or mail suites),
4. The tax identification number of the person or entity claiming beneficial assignment,
5. For real persons: a photocopy or scanned PDF of government issued photo identification, or, for corporations the document number and issuing jurisdiction of the incorporating charter and proof of current good standing.
6. An affidavit attesting to the beneficial assignment of the agreement, which has been notarized (US residents/corporations) or local equivalent bearing the apostille of the competent jurisdiction. Copies of an acceptable affidavit can be obtained upon request from the law offices.

Has there been any solid evidence as to why giga and his lawyer need points 3,4,5 and 6?  I never gave that stuff when entering into the
contract by purchasing shares of gigamining?  Is this a CYA tatic incase bitcoins one day become taxable?  I "skimmed" the last 8 or so pages of this thread did i miss something?  This really concerns me because I have been a victim of identity theft and while it was caught at only $800 and a few tried cell phone contracts (in another state mind you) It took me almost 2 years to get that straightened out.  It isn't fun and don't want to go through it again.  I protect all that data now.  I am sending a document to a laywer big deal... is he in turn going to send me a signed and affidavit promising my info isn't going to get out bearing the apostille of competent jurisdiction?  Turn about is fair play? 

Naelr

3. The physical address of the person or entity (no Post Office boxes or mail suites), - will not help you or gigacps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract

- will not help you or gigavps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract 
Probably used to fuck you once more and make you liable for unknown amount of taxes in US. If you take your capital loss and offset your gain from div, you probably end up with pennies. Can Gigavps report anything he wants and offset his own tax liability at your expense? Probably.

5. For real persons: a photocopy or scanned PDF of government issued photo identification, or, for corporations the document number and issuing jurisdiction of the incorporating charter and proof of current good standing. - see 3 and 4 and read 4 once more - especially the tax part about taxes.

6. An affidavit attesting to the beneficial assignment of the agreement, which has been notarized (US residents/corporations) or local equivalent bearing the apostille of the competent jurisdiction. Copies of an acceptable affidavit can be obtained upon request from the law offices. - will not help you or gigavps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract  but probably enables him to fuck you over once more with taxes and stops probably most small investors ever seeing their coin and dividenst that gigvps is still earning with equipment you bought to him.

The who thing is a fkn scam and it serves one purpose only - protect gigavps (if shit hits the fan and IRS is knocking on his door) and enables him to fuck you all for several more times.

Shit, I never liked the guy because the way he was planning to fuck us (yes, I used to own that crap)  with his "oh so sweet" upgrade so he can stuff his pockets once more with investors coin while trading existing gear for free to more powerful equipment.
I must say, he is a smooth talker and can probably sell a icebox to a eskimo Wink LOL.   

What is gigavps real name, address and tax ID (SSN)?  

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
DonChate

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 05:32:49 PM

Found BTC address match on http://gigamining.com/glbse-records.html

Balance matches my account_history export before GLBSE closed. Everything seems in order. Waiting for PDF claim form.
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 09:41:04 PM

Naelr

3. The physical address of the person or entity (no Post Office boxes or mail suites), - will not help you or gigacps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract

- will not help you or gigavps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract 
Probably used to fuck you once more and make you liable for unknown amount of taxes in US. If you take your capital loss and offset your gain from div, you probably end up with pennies. Can Gigavps report anything he wants and offset his own tax liability at your expense? Probably.

5. For real persons: a photocopy or scanned PDF of government issued photo identification, or, for corporations the document number and issuing jurisdiction of the incorporating charter and proof of current good standing. - see 3 and 4 and read 4 once more - especially the tax part about taxes.

6. An affidavit attesting to the beneficial assignment of the agreement, which has been notarized (US residents/corporations) or local equivalent bearing the apostille of the competent jurisdiction. Copies of an acceptable affidavit can be obtained upon request from the law offices. - will not help you or gigavps to prove you own the shares - was not requested in original contract  but probably enables him to fuck you over once more with taxes and stops probably most small investors ever seeing their coin and dividenst that gigvps is still earning with equipment you bought to him.

The who thing is a fkn scam and it serves one purpose only - protect gigavps (if shit hits the fan and IRS is knocking on his door) and enables him to fuck you all for several more times.

Shit, I never liked the guy because the way he was planning to fuck us (yes, I used to own that crap)  with his "oh so sweet" upgrade so he can stuff his pockets once more with investors coin while trading existing gear for free to more powerful equipment.
I must say, he is a smooth talker and can probably sell a icebox to a eskimo Wink LOL.   

You left out the perjury he gets people to commit when claiming those funds in your step 6.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:13:28 PM

You left out the perjury he gets people to commit when claiming those funds in your step 6.

Could someone please bother the SEC/FBI/CIA/what have you? KThx
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:26:02 PM

Could someone please bother the SEC/FBI/CIA/what have you? KThx

Tomorrow, gave it a week for his lawyer to respond that is up then.
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:06:52 PM

+1 yes, it'd be nice to know who's holding our money hostage...
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: