Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:37:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Rockminer T1 Setup [HD]  (Read 12448 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:32:15 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 07:49:17 AM by dogie
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Dogie's Miner Setup Guides:
    ASICMiner Blade
ASICMiner Cube
ASICMiner Tube
ASICMiner Prisma
Avalon Avalon2
Avalon Avalon3
Avalon Avalon4
Avalon Avalon6
SpondooliesTech SP10
SpondooliesTech SP20
SpondooliesTech SP30
SpondooliesTech SP35
Technobit HEX16B
Technobit HEX8A1
Technobit HEX4M
Technobit 2HEX4M
KNCMiner Saturn/Jupiter
Bitmain AntMiner S1
Bitmain AntMiner S2
Bitmain AntMiner S3
Bitmain AntMiner S4
Bitmain AntMiner S4+
Bitmain AntMiner S5
Bitmain AntMiner S7
Bitmain AntMiner C1
Bitmain AntMiner U3
RockMiner R-Box
RockMiner New R-Box
RockMiner R3-Box
RockMiner T1
HashCoins Apollo
HashCoins Ares
NonceTech Sampo
Yiazo YBF
BTCGarden AMV1
Bitmine Coincraft Desk V2
HashRatio Tsunami
XBTech Pacific 1250
BitCrane T-110
Black Arrow Prospero X1
AMT 1.25TH
C-Scape HexFury USB
C-Scape BiFury USB
MoonlightMiner NanoFury II USB
    Gigampz PSU breakout board

Guide meta thread
    DefaultTrust Visualisation
    Power Supply analysis guide
    Manufacturer trustworthiness guide
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nicely formatted version available at dogiecoin.com!

Contents:
0a) What to Expect
0b) What You Need
1) Powering
2) Cooling
3) Case
4a) Configuration
4b) Configuration - Using Proxy (Optional)
5) Troubleshooting
6) Where to buy

0a) What to Expect (top)
Rockminer's T1 is a custom implementation of Asicminer's open source x24 reference design. It features 4 hashing boards each with 24 BE200 generation 3
chips, arranged into four tiers. A steel frame provides structure and allows the units to be stacked, and four 120mm fans provide cooling. A controller is
provided in the package.

Chips96x ASICMiner Gen3
Hashrate~830GH, 920GH (OC)
Rated Voltage12V
Rated Current75A
Power.Consumption~900W, 1025W (OC)

0b) What You Need (top)
You will need a few accessories and a power supply to get started.

Click your flag to find everything you need to get started at Amazon!             

1) Powering (top)
T1s do not come with a power supply, and you will need a typical computer PSU with 8xPCI-E 6 pin power connectors. Strictly only 4 PCI-E connectors
are required at stock speeds, however it will reduce cable temperatures by utilising all 8. We also need to tell the PSU to always be on, as there isn't a
motherboard to do this. Cut a paper clip into a U and insert it into the green wire and either black wire to the side of the green wire. Tape it up for safety.
The power supply will now be controlled by its switch on the rear socket.

The controller board requires a 12V 2.5mm barrel connector, 1A minimum.

2) Cooling (top)
Four 120mm Hongfu HFD12038H12BL fans are used to cool the individual aluminium heatsinks. Noise levels are rather excessive for an x24 design, however
the noise is that of moving air and isn't high pitched. Each blade has its own aluminium finned heatsink.

3) Case (top)
A sturdy steel frame provides strength and houses the four mining boards, and can be stacked vertically. Access to the PCI-E cables, 4 pin cables and
5 bit switches are provided through cutouts in the side of the case.

4a) Configuration (top)
An external 32bit PIC board is used as the controller, and can handle 8 daisy chained T1s, which is 32 mining boards.

Wiring:
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the controller board to you router.
  • Plug in the three wired long cable from the miner to the white socket on the controller board closest to the ethernet port.
  • If you have more than one T1 on the same controller, see the troubleshooting section at the bottom.
  • Plug in all eight PCI-E connectors into the T1.
  • Plug in the 12V barrel connector into the controller board.

Configuration:
  • Power on the power supply using its switch at the back.
  • Make sure or your router's subnet is 0, ie 192.168.0.x. If not then change it to 0, this is just temporary. ***If this is not possible, see below***
  • Using a browser, navigate to 192.168.0.254:8000 - this goes to the T1's configuration page.
  • Navigate to Settings.
  • Change IP to something memorable, and on your preferred subnet.
  • Change gateway to the IP of your router.
  • Change primary DNS to the IP of your router.
  • Change secondary DNS to "8.8.8.8".
  • Enter Pool URL in the format as below. **There may be some issues with some pools at the moment, ghash definitely works**.
  • Enter the port of your pool.
  • Enter your miner username and password.
  • Set ASIC clock at 270 for stock speeds and 300 for overclocked speeds.
  • Click update and restart.
  • Navigate back to the IP of the miner you set to check mining started.
  • You can then change your router subnet back to whatever you are used to using.

Alternative Subnet Change:
  • Unplug your computer from all internet sources.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the controller to your computer.
  • Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.
  • Right click on your ethernet adapter -> Properties.
  • Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click properties.
  • Select "Use the following IP address" and enter the following:
  • IP Address: 192.168.0.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.0.254.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the controller to you router.
  • Restart the configuration instructions as above.

***Only the below pools work directly with T1s due to a current error in the firmware. Other pools will require the use of a proxy (see next section).***

GHash IO Register!
Code:
Servers : us1.ghash.io   with port 3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!
Password: anypassword
Slush Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.bitcoin.cz   with port 3333
User    : username.worker
Password: password
BTCGuild Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com   with port 3333
User    : username_worker
Bitcoin Digger Register!
Code:
Servers : geo.bitcoindigger.com   with port 3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!

4b) Configuration - Using Proxy (Optional) (top)
To use pools outside of the above list, a proxy must be used. These instructions are for BFGMiner on Windows, but the same can be replicated on a Pi or Linux.

Using BFGMiner:
  • Download BFGMiner. Extract it to "C:\Program Files (x86)".
  • On the computer the proxy is running on, open a command prompt window (run/search and type cmd).
  • Enter "ipconfig /all". Scroll down to your computer to find its IP address.
  • Using a browser, navigate to the T1s's configuration page.
  • Enter the computer's IP address into the "Pool URL" field. Enter "3333" into the "Pool Port" field.
  • Username and password fields do not matter (enter x in both). Click Update/Restart.
  • Create a .bat file in notepad (by saving it as .bat) and save it on your desktop. Put the following text inside, changing the pool url and miner login as desired.

Optional:
  • If you want the proxy to start in the background when you turn your computer on, navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler.
  • From the right hand list, select "Create Basic Task". Name it "Start Proxy" and click "Next". Select the trigger "When the computer starts" and click "Next".
  • Select "Start a Program" and click "Next". Browse to your desktop and select the .bat we created. Click "Next", select the tick box and click "Finish".
  • Select "Run whether user is logged on or not" and tick the check box "Run with highest privileges". Click "Okay".

Antpool
Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\bfgminer-4.7.0-win64
bfgminer -o stratum.antpool.com:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512
BTCGuild
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512
GHash IO
Code:
bfgminer -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512

5) Troubleshooting (top)

ProblemSolution
How.do.I.set.up.more.than.one.miner.on.one.controller?                                   - There is a 5 bit switch on each hashing board which must be configured to be unique in order for
the controller to detect it. Set the first miner's boards as "MINER1" in the below diagram, the
second's as "MINER2" etc. The long cable from one unit should be plugged into the empty
connection on the other to daisy chain the connections on the other.
How do I reset settings to default?- Hold and press the black push button on the controller board.
My.power.supply's.cables.are.braided.or.aren't.color.coded- See below diagram for pin-outs.

Legal disclaimer: This information is for general guidance and does not constitute expert advice. We are not responsible if you, your property or a third
party is injured or damaged as a result of any interaction with this information, and no warranty is provided. All text and images are covered by copyright.

6) Where to buy (top)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:21:05 PM

Excellent Guide as always Dogie!!
The pics are out of the world.
 Grin

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:59:51 PM

Hey Dogie, are you sure the 12V is correct? I also got a 12V adapter with my sample, but the controller itself says 5V so I was concerned it would fry it... :/

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:52:33 PM

I have a 12v on the T1 and then the Tube had a 5v so they both seem to work with nothing fried.
I hope that helps.

Hey Dogie, are you sure the 12V is correct? I also got a 12V adapter with my sample, but the controller itself says 5V so I was concerned it would fry it... :/

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:29:54 AM

The vreg accepts anything as low as 5V but prefers ~12V. Most people will be running 12V.

area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:25:00 PM

hi. is there any alternative controller aside form  " stock be controller "

can i use A10 or any other aside from be controller?? thank you
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:46:04 PM

can i use A10 or any other aside from be controller?? thank you

What do you mean by the A10?

area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:49:59 PM

can i use A10 cubie or any other aside from be controller?? thank you

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:34:52 PM

can i use A10 cubie or any other aside from be controller?? thank you

[I don't think you're quote worked]

ronminer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:38:07 PM

Hi ron noob here to the rockminer..
i have setup several antminers the same way, but the BE fails to give me screen or come up.
i followed your altconfig [IP Address: 192.168.0.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.0.254]
but nothing comes up on http://192.168.0.254:8000/

im on a linux box connected straight from computer to BE
and i used the manual setting
i did not put the http:// in front of the iP, if thats my problem?

any help would  be awesome thank you very much in advance.

eth0    Link encap:Ethernet  <removed--------------------------------------------->
          inet addr:192.168.0.1  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::28c:faff:fe6d:dd0e/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:34178 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:26125 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:29448470 (29.4 MB)  TX bytes:6154829 (6.1 MB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:13604 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:13604 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1078458 (1.0 MB)  TX bytes:1078458 (1.0 MB)

:~$ ping 192.168.0.254
PING 192.168.0.254 (192.168.0.254) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.0.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
bowlerman235

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:32:28 PM

Hello Dogie,

Have you completed the section about connecting to other pools that require a proxy?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 04:21:25 PM

Hello Dogie,

Have you completed the section about connecting to other pools that require a proxy?

I'll put it on my to do list to revise this section.

knowndragon

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:12:33 PM

I would be really interested in knowing if there are work arounds for this jet stratum. It is very picky on which pools you can hook it to. I have hooked it to several pool and it will show my share rate and yet fails to net any hashing power. Right now I have one and several more on the way. I am heating my office with this unit and I am happy with the tweaking but sad about the limited pools. Maybe people will sell theirs because of it and maybe I can buy them up.

If there is any way I can help with this let me know. I can be a willing participant if we promise not to brick my unit.

I am curious though is it the block controller that is limiting it or the miner itself. I imagine it is. I thought maybe a mining proxy or maybe another software. I saw on rockminer forum something about a work around but have failed to get any further then a mining proxy or bfgminer.  Huh Really hope that I can help with this. I love mining Bitcoin at ghash but sometimes difficulty drops on other alt coins Acoin and etc making it more profitable then Bitcoin.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

I would be really interested in knowing if there are work arounds for this jet stratum. It is very picky on which pools you can hook it to. I have hooked it to several pool and it will show my share rate and yet fails to net any hashing power. Right now I have one and several more on the way. I am heating my office with this unit and I am happy with the tweaking but sad about the limited pools. Maybe people will sell theirs because of it and maybe I can buy them up.

If there is any way I can help with this let me know. I can be a willing participant if we promise not to brick my unit.

I am curious though is it the block controller that is limiting it or the miner itself. I imagine it is. I thought maybe a mining proxy or maybe another software. I saw on rockminer forum something about a work around but have failed to get any further then a mining proxy or bfgminer.  Huh Really hope that I can help with this. I love mining Bitcoin at ghash but sometimes difficulty drops on other alt coins Acoin and etc making it more profitable then Bitcoin.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769570#post_section5b for now

knowndragon

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:30:05 PM

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769570#post_section5b for now
Gonna have to give you a plus one for pointing me in the right direction. I am trying to use this work around but don't think it is fully functional. At time I get some weird readings or just nothing accepted at all. Or constantly having to restart bfgminer. Here is my code. I would like to be able to figure this out.

Code:
bfgminer.exe  --stratum-port 3333 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.minerpools.com:4714  -u knowndragon.1 -p x --set-device PXY:diff=1024

At times it seems has if it just stops working in total. Is there some sort of scan times or other options to get this thing running solid? Any help would be ablidged. The diff=512 didn't seem to work so well for the rockminer t1.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: