Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:59:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368512 times)
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:41:03 AM

nice I have about 60k
voodoo1967

Activity: 98

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:48:56 AM

tomorrow ltcd is one month old wow that was fast.
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:51:40 AM

tomorrow ltcd is one month old wow that was fast.

I hold much.  Grin
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:22:02 AM

yes the more demand and the less available will make the price rise just need the people not to sell off cheap and panic sell . Holding firm on a price will make ltcd climb easy. Plus the work the devs are doing and community involvement this should be a great crypto .2.0

There's been mined already over 72 million LTCD so there isn't much left to mine.
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:35:05 AM

yes the more demand and the less available will make the price rise just need the people not to sell off cheap and panic sell . Holding firm on a price will make ltcd climb easy. Plus the work the devs are doing and community involvement this should be a great crypto .2.0

There's been mined already over 72 million LTCD so there isn't much left to mine.

So once mining is over, do you see it going up in value fast? Also, why does it only say 68,013,600 LTCD on coinmarketcap?
Tina1736

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:45:41 AM

Mein wallet wird nicht syncron windows?
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:46:22 AM

loving LTC + DRK so this is a pure win

vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:57:54 AM

I took a couple of days away, to do some rig maintenance, domestic repairs prior to winter coming, and had some rush jobs for some LASER work come in.

I come back and read all of the posts that have been made, to get myself caught up.

Two things I noticed that I want to share my opinion about.

1. FUD - it looks like some people believe fudders should be ignored in the belief that they will eventually go away. Sometimes true, and sometimes not. BUT! If you let the fud go unchallenged, a lot of readers (lurkers we never hear from) interpret that as a confirmation of the fud due to lack of beating it down. FUD should never arise and go unchallenged. It must be dispelled. Usually the fudders are having some kind of game, and cogent discourse is mostly ineffective. Hostile and aggressive response is the most effective and the response must also contain true facts (not false facts). You all can go back and see for yourself how the gypsy nonsense was working and how marginal the reasonable attempts to make it stop actually were. A few very blunt and truthful responses about the fact that teenagers were just stirring up crap and some well thought out name-calling actually got rid of them in just a few posts. You're welcome.

2. PR - many of you have a misunderstanding about this. PR is an abbreviation for Public Relations. Many of you misinterpret PR when the word you should be using is Marketing. Marketing should be all smiley and happy-happy-joy-joy. PR on the other hand, well sometimes that requires a soft touch for those seeking genuine information and those who have valid questions. PR also requires some hostility toward those who come here with no good intentions and those who want to manipulate the market by being the wolf in sheep's clothing. The marketing person should always be positive, and should only provide scripted commercials, should never ever answer a question about anything. PR should give information when it is asked for and should put a boot into the face of those who come here wanting to phuque around.

To end this post, I want to summarize/expound.

1. PR and Marketing are two different things. Marketing is outbound information only and should be optimistic, contain facts, and be informative. PR is interactive and any response by PR should be appropriate to the circumstance, be it friendly or hostile.

2. Never allow FUD to appear without stabbing it repeatedly right in the face.

3. Let the devs and the staff decide for themselves how they want to deal with circumstances in whatever way they see fit. You yourself can decide if and how YOU want to deal with circumstances that arise. If Troll wants to be passive because any alternative takes him away from achieving his goal, so be it. If Xircom wants to be passive at times and aggressive at other times, that's his thing. If you want to ignore FUD, go right ahead, but don't tell me or anyone else to leave FUD alone. I will always say and do as I choose based on my own perception and perspective at any time I choose to do so (but any of you are always welcome to try changing my mind).

Now, go buy some LTCD and tuck it between your mattresses for a little while. Keep stealing from the bots.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:00:31 AM

So once mining is over, do you see it going up in value fast? Also, why does it only say 68,013,600 LTCD on coinmarketcap?

I was checking up the amount on richlist.
About the value, I've got no idea.
flapman1

Activity: 142

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:32:39 AM

You're a bit full of yourself; just had to stick my beak in after that dissertation you posted.  The gypsies were as real as real; but they moved on and killed Craigscoin.  Romanians hate Russians after Putin's boy stole half of Moldava.  The dev over there is Russian and that did the trick.  Got my dump in before they pulled the plug on old Pavel. Your lot's gained respect for holding it together; the Craigscoin lot jumped ship at the first dump and never loomed back. 10,000 dollars in BTC can kill an alt as quick as that.  Those wankers selling over priced tents are next on general principals.  You fellows, you're off the hook.

I took a couple of days away, to do some rig maintenance, domestic repairs prior to winter coming, and had some rush jobs for some LASER work come in.

I come back and read all of the posts that have been made, to get myself caught up.

1. FUD - it looks like some people believe fudders should be ignored in the belief that they will eventually go away. Sometimes true, and sometimes not. BUT! If you let the fud go unchallenged, a lot of readers (lurkers we never hear from) interpret that as a confirmation of the fud due to lack of beating it down. FUD should never arise and go unchallenged. It must be dispelled. Usually the fudders are having some kind of game, and cogent discourse is mostly ineffective. Hostile and aggressive response is the most effective and the response must also contain true facts (not false facts). You all can go back and see for yourself how the gypsy nonsense was working and how marginal the reasonable attempts to make it stop actually were. A few very blunt and truthful responses about the fact that teenagers were just stirring up crap and some well thought out name-calling actually got rid of them in just a few posts. You're welcome.

2. PR - many of you have a misunderstanding about this. PR is an abbreviation for Public Relations. Many of you misinterpret PR when the word you should be using is Marketing. Marketing should be all smiley and happy-happy-joy-joy. PR on the other hand, well sometimes that requires a soft touch for those seeking genuine information and those who have valid questions. PR also requires some hostility toward those who come here with no good intentions and those who want to manipulate the market by being the wolf in sheep's clothing. The marketing person should always be positive, and should only provide scripted commercials, should never ever answer a question about anything. PR should give information when it is asked for and should put a boot into the face of those who come here wanting to phuque around.

1. PR and Marketing are two different things. Marketing is outbound information only and should be optimistic, contain facts, and be informative. PR is interactive and any response by PR should be appropriate to the circumstance, be it friendly or hostile.

3. Let the devs and the staff decide for themselves how they want to deal with circumstances in whatever way they see fit. You yourself can decide if and how YOU want to deal with circumstances that arise. If Troll wants to be passive because any alternative takes him away from achieving his goal, so be it. If Xircom wants to be passive at times and aggressive at other times, that's his thing. If you want to ignore FUD, go right ahead, but don't tell me or anyone else to leave FUD alone. I will always say and do as I choose based on my own perception and perspective at any time I choose to do so (but any of you are always welcome to try changing my mind).

Now, go buy some LTCD and tuck it between your mattresses for a little while. Keep stealing from the bots.
vicvelcro

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:36:09 AM

If you meant to hurt my feelings, you failed.

The gypsies were fake.

I don't know anything about the Russian/Putin thing, but I have personal friends and commercial clients in Maldova. Not sure why you mentioned any of it.

Personally, I was never worried about LTCD being 'on the hook'. I was fully prepared to buy it out of anyone's nasty hands, if it came to that.

According to my physician, I am indeed entirely full of myself. There's nobody else inside me and none of my parts are missing. So, to you I say: good guess. However, my internal contents are completely uninfluenced by what I say (my ahem disertation) or what you think.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day.

You're a bit full of yourself; just had to stick my beak in after that dissertation you posted.  The gypsies were as real as real; but they moved on and killed Craigscoin.  Romanians hate Russians after Putin's boy stole half of Moldava.  The dev over there is Russian and that did the trick.  Got my dump in before they pulled the plug on old Pavel. Your lot's gained respect for holding it together; the Craigscoin lot jumped ship at the first dump and never loomed back. 10,000 dollars in BTC can kill an alt as quick as that.  Those wankers selling over priced tents are next on general principals.  You fellows, you're off the hook.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Angora

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:56:29 AM

Your points are well taken. 
Yes, a PR person should attack FUD.  That said, a Polite Inquiry should not be construed as FUD.  Which was the case this time. The person was doing research and asking legit questions.

vicvelcro

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:06:04 AM

Cool. Glad you understood me the way I intended for people to interpret that.

I wasn't referring to any particular case (I do know which one you mean, though) but I did cover the general issue of "amicable vs hostile" within the PR stuff I mentioned.

Specifically addressing the case you refer to, I'm inclined to believe the person was in fact genuine. But, there is a distinct possibility that it was very subtle FUD. Not all FUD is in-your-face. If it were truly FUD, it would become obvious eventually.

Your points are well taken. 
Yes, a PR person should attack FUD.  That said, a Polite Inquiry should not be construed as FUD.  Which was the case this time. The person was doing research and asking legit questions.

cryptochris

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:23:24 AM

I've been following for a couple weeks, been mining for about the same. Bought in shortly after. I'm no big hitter when it comes to mining. I cloud mine primarily, but have no pool control. So, I have my hobby rig at home, 5 girdseeds and a Gaw Fury, 3.2M/h on average running off of Zoomhash's image for the Pi. I'm mining and holding. Like the coin, like what the future has, like the community involvement. I've seen crap coins before, this is far from it. Only wish I had more hashing power.
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:33:21 AM

I guess some people love to play with fire, Trollbyfire and LitecoinDev thanks for representing this coin like you do and not getting involved in the fud fight. You 2 are what keeping me invested, good attitude and positive feed back is the key to success.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:40:37 AM

Think well have to agree to disagree with some of that.

FUD - Don't know where you think anyone was saying to roll over and take it. My point was that even FUD can be dealt with in a professional and mature manner. In fact, I would argue that using an "aggressive" approach just leads to it continuing for much longer than it needs to as opposed to just stating facts etc. Besides which, some in the community itself will "handle" FUD lol.

PR, Marketing, it doesn't matter. Anyone on the team are representatives and how they deal with things reflects on the "product".  If you went into a board room meeting with potential investors, one certainly wouldn't get all aggressive if someone started pointing out flaws etc in your product. You would state facts and refute their claims in a professional manner.  Just because this is a forum filled with "trolls" etc does not mean you have to treat it much different.

I often go into a thread and ask pointed questions. I'm not there to FUD or troll, my questions are genuine and how they're responded to tells me a lot about the people involved.  I appreciate the devs etc that actually answer the questions with facts including any flaws their product may have.  If I'm going to do more than just flip a coin for short term profit, I want to know that there's some mature people behind it as that gives me a sense of the potential longevity of the coin.

Recently I was looking into a coin and found that there was a problem with their website and wiki.  My first post in their thread was to let them know it was down.  The dev immediately "attacked" me as fudding etc. Typically I would have just walked away and never looked at the coin again. But I posted again to show him that it was in fact down.  He apologized for jumping to conclusions and fixed the site.  I appreciated that he had the maturity to admit he was wrong.

I like to look at low supply rare coins and a month or so ago I was checking one out.  The dev was overly aggressive and arrogant. He would resort to name calling and telling people to get out and go to some other coin.  Last I checked, that coin was dead primarily because of his attitude.

At the end of the day, a coin requires 2 things in order to have long term potential. A committed solid dev and a great community. That's what I would like to see here and that's where my posts about that incident came from.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
OnetyOne

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:04:47 AM

I appreciate the devs etc that actually answer the questions with facts including any flaws their product may have.  If I'm going to do more than just flip a coin for short term profit, I want to know that there's some mature people behind it as that gives me a sense of the potential longevity of the coin.

At the end of the day, a coin requires 2 things in order to have long term potential. A committed solid dev and a great community.
This is exactly what I like about LTCD. Good community backing and dev's usually make time to clarify even when they're too busy coding Smiley
vicvelcro

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:12:35 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:41:11 AM by vicvelcro

Think well have to agree to disagree with some of that.

Easy enough

FUD - Don't know where you think anyone was saying to roll over and take it.

Here, for one example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg9059180#msg9059180

My point was that even FUD can be dealt with in a professional and mature manner.

Yes it can. And the FUDders eat that right up. They will try their best (with much success) to turn your words against you by deliberate misinterpretation.

In fact, I would argue that using an "aggressive" approach just leads to it continuing for much longer than it needs to as opposed to just stating facts etc.

Not if you are sufficiently or excessively aggressive.

Besides which, some in the community itself will "handle" FUD lol.

Indeed. I am THAT guy in the community. I would encourage others to "handle" FUD at every opportunity.

PR, Marketing, it doesn't matter. Anyone on the team are representatives and how they deal with things reflects on the "product".

The product itself is completely independent of how FUD communications are dealt with. How the team communicates specific information specifically focused on disseminating information about the product DOES reflect on the product. Call an ass an ass, has nothing to do with the product. Refer to the product in a manner such as "check dis cool shit out" would be amateurish.

If you went into a board room meeting with potential investors, one certainly wouldn't get all aggressive if someone started pointing out flaws etc in your product.

I've been in board rooms. I've been aggressive and seen others be aggressive. There are times when that is exactly the most effective way to be. Suppose I see a flaw in a product that could set the consumer on fire. Suppose members of the board are in a meeting and two of those members (myself and Mr. Wimpybutt)are speaking about the issue to the remaining board members. Mr. Wimpybutt says "...there is concern that this product could pose a potential hazard in the form of excessive accumulation of heat therefore it would be appropriate to schedule a preproduction review and then consider potential amelioration measures in advance of shipping" and then suppose I were to say "...what my dumbass colleague is trying to say is that this shit will set a mutherfucker on fire and we need to fix this shit with a quickness" - which of us is being more clear about the problem and which of us is more clearly conveying the severity of the problem?

You would state facts and refute their claims in a professional manner.

Yes, but no. I would state facts. Very unprofessionally and be all up in everybody's face. I have found 100% of the time, I get my point across with no ambiguity, whereas others don't fare so well.

"Professional" is one of the words that most everybody defines incorrectly. "Professional" means it is your job, it has nothing to do with the verbiage used when communicating about the job or how one dresses for the job. Professional fighters fight for the paycheck and professional football players do it for the money. Neither of them show up in a suit and tie for their job or use flowery namby-pamby vocabulary with their opponents in the ring or on the field.

Just because this is a forum filled with "trolls" etc does not mean you have to treat it much different.

Saywhut?!?

I often go into a thread and ask pointed questions. I'm not there to FUD or troll, my questions are genuine and how they're responded to tells me a lot about the people involved.

I suspect that you've accidentally or deliberately misunderstood something. I said deal with legit questions mildly and reasonably. I then said to kick some face when FUD is in the air. It seems you missed the first part, for whatever reason.

I appreciate the devs etc that actually answer the questions with facts including any flaws their product may have.  If I'm going to do more than just flip a coin for short term profit, I want to know that there's some mature people behind it as that gives me a sense of the potential longevity of the coin.

I'm with you on this one. Genuine requests for information or clarification of information should beget genuine answers.

Recently I was looking into a coin and found that there was a problem with their website and wiki.  My first post in their thread was to let them know it was down.  The dev immediately "attacked" me as fudding etc.

That was uncool from the dev.

Typically I would have just walked away and never looked at the coin again. But I posted again to show him that it was in fact down.  He apologized for jumping to conclusions and fixed the site.  I appreciated that he had the maturity to admit he was wrong.

Damn straight. If he was man enough to admit he was wrong, that's good. We all will be mistaken at some point. It's natural and normal. The people who defend their actions to the death, when they are in the wrong, they need a good spanking.

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:50:36 AM

I've been in board rooms. I've been aggressive and seen others be aggressive. There are times when that is exactly the most effective way to be. Suppose I see a flaw in a product that could set the consumer on fire. Suppose members of the board are in a meeting and two of those members (myself and Mr. Wimpybutt)are speaking about the issue to the remaining board members. Mr. Wimpybutt says "...there is concern that this product could pose a potential hazard in the form of excessive accumulation of heat therefore it would be appropriate to schedule a preproduction review and then consider potential amelioration measures in advance of shipping" and then suppose I were to say "...what my dumbass colleague is trying to say is that this shit will set a mutherfucker on fire and we need to fix this shit with a quickness" - which of us is being more clear about the problem and which of us is more clearly conveying the severity of the problem?

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on some of the things you've said, but this just made me laugh.  I don't know what board rooms you've been in but if I had approached those types of situations in the manner you've outlined, the companies I was working for would have lost their contracts and I'd have been fired.  lol

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
vicvelcro

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:57:56 AM

I can respectfully disagree with you on some things (I agree with you on most, in point of fact). I can see that you are able to respectfully disagree with me, as well.

Glad to be of service in the laugh department.

I've been in a few boardrooms throughout my life. Some non-profit public service type organizations, transportation and logistics corporations, a medical research firm, and others. I don't worry about losing contracts. I believe the shortest clearest way to make a point that will get or keep things on track for rapid production of high quality output is way better than pretentious pseudo-Shakespeareian wannabe aspirations. I've never been in a position where anyone COULD fire me, so I kinda always have that in my favor. I guess if I were middle-class, needed the job, and could be fired, yeah maybe I wouldn't be as blunt as I am.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on some of the things you've said, but this just made me laugh.  I don't know what board rooms you've been in but if I had approached those types of situations in the manner you've outlined, the companies I was working for would have lost their contracts and I'd have been fired.  lol

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: