Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

I've coded a bot that relays these signals to me so that I don't have to do this manually.. but you don't need a fancy bot at all really.. I started out copying and pasting into a simple Excel spreadsheet.. If you do this long enough, you'll be able to anticipate moves just by assessing the order book and volume levels on the actual exchange.

Share more about your bot? Are you getting the date from individual exchanges or using some aggregator?

The Data is pulled from coinmarketcap.com

I only pay attention to two variables. Trading Volume and Market Cap.

a spike in Volume tells me when to get into a trade, a spike in Market Cap (during a rally - and you WILL notice it) tells me when to get out.

I don't use any indicators or anything like that.

Also, you can tell so much about where a market is heading - just by looking at the order book.

How do you get the data? Json, scrape the html?

I found info on json feeds for individual coins but can't figure out the global json feeds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 10:32:38 PM

I am seeing some coin pumpers both individual and groups now a days.I feel like now anyone can control the market.   Cheesy

I feel like you need to get a different nick.

Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:49:40 PM

I've coded a bot that relays these signals to me so that I don't have to do this manually.. but you don't need a fancy bot at all really.. I started out copying and pasting into a simple Excel spreadsheet.. If you do this long enough, you'll be able to anticipate moves just by assessing the order book and volume levels on the actual exchange.

Share more about your bot? Are you getting the date from individual exchanges or using some aggregator?

a spike in Volume tells me when to get into a trade, a spike in Market Cap (during a rally - and you WILL notice it) tells me when to get out.

Also, you can tell so much about where a market is heading - just by looking at the order book.

I found info on json feeds for individual coins but can't figure out the global json feeds.

I've built a program in VBA that extract information from coinmarketcap.com
I'm still giving the final touches to it, and then going to upload for everyone.

I'ts quite helpful to see every coin you want, the volume and marketcap variations, you can spot some moves before other traders.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:01:15 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 03:03:40 AM by btc-mike

I've built a program in VBA that extract information from coinmarketcap.com
I'm still giving the final touches to it, and then going to upload for everyone.

I'ts quite helpful to see every coin you want, the volume and marketcap variations, you can spot some moves before other traders.

I was hoping for some raw json. Trying to avoid parsing the html.

EDIT-- Found json sources:
http://coinmarketcap.northpole.ro/
http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/

EDIT2-- This is not what i was looking for but may help others:
http://coinmarketcap.com/static/generated_pages/currencies/datapoints/bitcoin-30d.json
Change bitcoin to the coin you like. 7d, 30d, 90d, 180d, 365d are all valid periods. Do not be too surprised if hitting this non-public api gets you IP banned.
Capt Drake

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:37:06 PM

I was hoping for some raw json. Trying to avoid parsing the html.

EDIT-- Found json sources:
http://coinmarketcap.northpole.ro/
http://coinmarketcap-nexuist.rhcloud.com/

EDIT2-- This is not what i was looking for but may help others:
http://coinmarketcap.com/static/generated_pages/currencies/datapoints/bitcoin-30d.json
Change bitcoin to the coin you like. 7d, 30d, 90d, 180d, 365d are all valid periods. Do not be too surprised if hitting this non-public api gets you IP banned.

Thanks man!

I'll see what i can do with it!  Grin
falala69

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

i made a bot in java that based on your indicator
the indicator just when volume spike, right ?
benedictlol

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

I have good reason to believe VAULT is going to get pumped 5x-10x soon . Calling it right now, good luck.
Got in at 0.0415 yesterday . Should i close at the current price or should i wait?

As long as that buywall sits at .04 i'm holding and waiting for the pump, i have no idea when it will happen.
Wtf did just happened with vault, its currently at 0.0014. Is it going to recover or i could kiss that money good bye?

I'm sorry guys, they put up a 13 btc sell wall at .041 and I dumped and then they must've dumped into their own buy wall to cause panic and collect the last few coins. I still think and i am even more convinced that there has to be a pump coming for this.

I hope you're right.. I tried setting up a sell order on trex before I went away for a few days at 0.039.. and it didn't go through, I must've set it up wrong. :/ Hopefully it goes back up...
benedictlol

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:26:57 PM

Wondering if someone can tell me what I did wrong.

Tried to set up a conditional order on Vault coin to sell when the price is equal to or less than 0.0399.

Did it not go through because the dump happened too quickly and it wasn't gradually going down... or did I just set it up wrong? :/
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:13:53 PM

so what kind of extra features, specifically conditional order types and alarms comes with the paid version of cryptrader?  I'll probably try it for a month since its  reasonable fee.

also, most of your plays seem to be during the day, EST. I've been actively watching from the sidelines for a couple weeks right when i get home from work only to see volume thin out for the night.  Any good night-time trades?

can't tell you about crypttrader but altcoin action seems to start and end when the Europeans are awake imo
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

10 - 11 Sep
Total return: 191%
Coins: KORE, XCASH, PINK

KORE

A lot of accumulation happening here. Market was being contained at 30K.. that wall has since come down...

buy support building steadily. Looks like something is in the works.

I’d watch KORE over the next few days.

should be interesting.

XCASH

Good volume all throughout the week... Volume spiked last night.. Obvious momentum play. I bought in at market price and came out at the other end with a handsome return.

I’ve found that brand new coins that sustain good volume levels over a sustained time period will always deliver substantial returns regardless of what “cool new feature” the coin has – if any at all...

Just sit through the first rally and the inevitable dump, then wait for prices to bounce back with good volume – if this happens, that is a sign of momentum.. and you should always take advantage. These are the most simple trades.

Tip: Even though markets look their very best when they are setting new highs that is often the best time to sell. Always look at the charts before getting into a position.. They will reveal to you how far into a rally the market is. Buy in too late, and you run the risk of being dumped on and seeing your position's value cut in half.

PINK

Caught wind of a PINK/SYNC partnership... so, no brainer here. I knew PINK would be in the limelight, so I placed some lowball orders just to catch the market at a lower price as people began to cash out.  39%

Tip: Being consistent requires doing more of what works, and less of what doesn’t. When everything lines up, you want to swing for it because in those situations, even if you are wrong, you probably won’t be wrong by that much. But if the position starts behaving in a way you don’t understand, you need to cut it because then you clearly don’t know what is going on. The Crypto market isn’t about facts; it’s all about people’s opinions and positions. Consequently, anything can be at any price at any time. Once you understand that, you’ll realise how important it is to restrict your focus to protecting your downside before thinking about exponential gain.

Note: I’ve noticed much more volume coming into the Alt markets this month.. I think there is going to be a lot of opportunity during these coming weeks.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

XSt is a great call ryan. If you swing trade though you wont see the full potential but you'll still make money. XST is a true ANON winner. Peer reviews done on the code and the dev is highly respected by some of the greatest minds on the forum.

XST=Win

Thanks.

I'm never all in or all out.. I have my fingers in a few pies at the moment. XST is one of them.

so what kind of extra features, specifically conditional order types and alarms comes with the paid version of cryptrader?  I'll probably try it for a month since its  reasonable fee.

also, most of your plays seem to be during the day, EST. I've been actively watching from the sidelines for a couple weeks right when i get home from work only to see volume thin out for the night.  Any good night-time trades?

can't tell you about crypttrader but altcoin action seems to start and end when the Europeans are awake imo

Yeah, I do notice that volume dips during the night here in the UK.. That isn't always the case though, there are instances where rallies have continued on throughout the night and into the next day.. (Haven't seen one of those in a while actually).

I don't do much trading during the night at all really.. but all that means is that you guys in the states have more opportunity to scoop up cheap coins and sell them to us Europeans when we wake up..

You'd have to do some analysis and research to find some good plays... overall though, that could be a strategy that works well for you.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

I agree with your simple volume strategies, Ryan.

Watching Smiley

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:27:31 AM

I'm curious with 70+ btc in your account, and I know you can't go into these plays with more than 1% of that, are you mainly putting up massive walls to protect yourself
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:21:03 PM

11 - 12 Sep
Total return: 308%
Coins: LSD, LTCD, APEX, XCASH

LSD

I’ve noticed that one of two things tend to happen when a coin is added to Bittrex. 1. Miners pile in and dump prices down to nothing, leaving the Traders who were too eager to buy in with bags full of worthless coin. 2. Prices build up quickly as the order book starts off virtually empty, meaning traders can fire off a number of x2 trades within minutes. The defining factor that pulled me into this market though was the fact that LSD had been the talk of the town for an entire day before being added to Bittrex... and I know that there are several guys out there who restrict their trading activity to one venue – Bittrex (the choice of most traders in crypto).  

so, I knew that LSD wouldn’t dump when the markets opened. I sat back and watched prices shoot up from 20K – to 60K without getting involved (due to the actual volume being so low).

I didn’t bother placing price alerts as there were virtually no orders... What brought me into this trade was when I saw prices dip back down to 20K bringing several lowball Bids into the market – causing a spike in volume. Then, as expected, other traders began to pile in creating support at 30k level. As I saw that buyers were becoming more aggressive and that resistance on the sell side was almost nonexistent – it was obvious that my path to profit was as simple as buying in at market price, placing my sell orders and moving on to the next coin.

It was an effortless trade from start to finish..  62% gain. Could have dipped back in for seconds and thirds but there was much more action to be had elsewhere.

Tip: If I put on a trade today and it’s not working by the end of the day, i’m out. I don’t want to take any more risk. I might get back into it tomorrow at a worse price, but that is a premium I’m willing to pay to see the market acting the way I think it should be.

LTCD

Nice trade here. I don’t know what exactly is driving this market. But, it does look quite good. In fact I still have an open position in LTCD as sell resistance is quite thin.

Really obvious trade here. I spotted a lot of accumulation taking place yesterday, so I set up a series of price alerts so that I could get in when the market started to move. (I find it a risky strategy to try and lowball my way into an un-established coin, as prices can tumble very sharply). I like to execute momentum plays on newer coins, as that takes the guesswork out of my trading and all I have to do is ride the tide, set realistic sell orders and exit.

Tip: If your losses are larger than your gains, it could be because you have a gambler’s mentality. I’ve seen people that find themselves in a losing streak, and then they always start looking for that “one trade” that will make it all back. I learned early on that you can’t do that. You have to really work at it. That is what I do. Every day I make dozens of transactions. I grind out the returns. If you look at my daily returns you will see that there are very few times where the majority of my gains come from just one trade. You need to be patient and diligent enough to do the proper research and study the way the market moves. I tell you, once you do this – you will find losing much more illogical and difficult than winning.

APEX

I lowballed my way into APEX. I had been attempting to do this for days now, last night my conditional buy order triggered and brought me in. These guys released an Update today. Wherever there’s a story, I’m there...

Ideally, I was looking for at least a 100% return... But it wasn’t to be. Volume kept stalling out – and the wider market was obviously pre-occupied with other coins. So I (this is rare) dumped out manually for a 67% gain.

Tip: The tendency of traders to buy after a price increase for no reasons other than the price increase itself causes prices to overshoot. When traders are making money because they are greedy and fearless, which is typically after a large price rise, doing the opposite is a good idea.

XCASH

XCASH has seen good volume for nearly an entire week now. Always a good sign.

I have been monitoring XCASH for some time now... I saw that the Volume was behaving in a particular way that indicated an impending rally. The order book confirmed this as sell orders were very slim, and traders were actively buying through sell orders.

Easy momentum play.

Tip: One of the biggest mistakes a trader can make is to believe that what has happened in the past is likely to persist. They assume that something that delivered good returns in the recent past is still a good trade. Typically, high past returns simply imply that a coin has become more expensive and is a poorer, not better, trade.

Note: I’ve noticed much more volume coming into the Alt markets this month.. I think there is going to be a lot of opportunity during these coming weeks.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:40:15 PM

I agree with your simple volume strategies, Ryan.

Watching Smiley

Thank's that's nice to hear.

I know trading can be a tedious task at times and that there's some guys out there that don't understand how the market moves.

If you get a firm grip of these strategies, your gains will increase substantially.

I'm curious with 70+ btc in your account, and I know you can't go into these plays with more than 1% of that, are you mainly putting up massive walls to protect yourself

In the land of Penny Stocks, $10Million makes you a whale. In crypto, $10,000 makes you a whale.

And I define a "whale" as someone who can single handedly move prices.

I don't have a set size for the trades I take... on some trades I put on 1btc and above, some 0.5btc and below.. Whatever suits the situation.

I'm never all in though.. never go full retard.  Wink

Capt Drake

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

I've been in and out of LTCD for the entire afternoon, and got good trades. After a losing streak that i was literally gambling like most traders do, i set back and stoped.

I'm in the process of cleaning up the mess I made and then starting over again, but 2BTC poorer Sad

Also, I think BC is getting higher day by day.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:55:26 PM

Nice work today Ryan. On the XST 1 day chart about 20 hours ago until 14 hours ago there was some big volume for an hour followed by about a half BTC vol every 10 minutes with not much of an increase or decrease in price can you explain what you think is happening there?
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

so, I knew that LSD wouldn’t dump when the markets opened. I sat back and watched prices shoot up from 20K – to 60K without getting involved (due to the actual volume being so low).

I had picked up on this one I think via someones twitter so I checked it out on c-cex and it started out somewhere around 8k-10k and shot way up.  So last night when it was added to Bittrex, it was over 30k already.  Given it was new with no defined market, I let it slide as I felt it was waaaay over priced and all those that had bought in the opening range would dump like crazy at 4x-5x profit.  So I had setup an alert on a low price and when it went off, I watched it get dumped way down to 10k or so just an hour or two ago.  You got lucky on that one.  lol

Nice trade here. I don’t know what exactly is driving this market. But, it does look quite good. In fact I still have an open position in LTCD as sell resistance is quite thin.

Ok, So I was watching that one for hours yesterday and maybe you can shed some light on what I was watching.  It made it up to about 1800 and after that there seemed to be orchestrated dumping going on. Some buy walls would go up, let the price rise and then they would come down and it would get dumped.  Rinse and repeat.  At one point it was down to around 884.  This made me extremely skittish even though it seemed to sort of stabilize around 1100-1200 with builds to 1300-1400 and then dumps back down.  So today I get up and see I could have doubled my money. What the heck was I watching and were there some signals I missed seeing?

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

Also, I think BC is getting higher day by day.

Someone from BC, maybe the dev, is going to some conference or something in China this weekend I believe.  So I think people are buying with the thought that if it goes well and the Chinese get in on it, it would shoot way up.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:53:44 PM

has anyone had any success with the market cap scraping program?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: