Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
btcspender

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

oh god so much crap to read through I couldn't be bothered, anyway I'm up on 3 of the 4 main coins I invested in. So the advice has worked for me thus far, in hindsight I wish I had invested more so I'll see what comes of the next few days trading, but i'm happy so far.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:18:51 PM

That aside, the main purpose of this thread is to educate.

Its amazing the bullshit you spew..  

Here is the real truth:
The main purpose of this thread is looking for memberships and people to pay your fee.

If you're so good,  why do you need to "educate" people and why are you looking for members & fees?

RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Tip of the Week

A lot of people have been messaging me asking what exactly I mean by “sell walls” and “sell resistance” and how to asses these factors in relation to how / where the market is going to move. So I have prepared a simple diagram to illustrate the proper way to assess the Sell side of the order-book when placing trades and attempting to figure out which trades have better odds than others.

Optimal Trading Climate

Non-Optimal Trading Climate

Also look at the trading volume, does the trade volume exceed the amount of sell orders in the order book – or otherwise?

These are all things that you need to be familiar with when trading the Crypto markets.

Charts will help – (only to reveal long-term trends and what stage a particular up/down move is in) But the order book is a window into the future – and therefore your MOST important tool when trading. It reveals what lies ahead in terms of price ranges, support / resistance levels and what needs to happen before the market moves up/down.

Tip: So much is made out of “entry  / exit points”... But when you boil down to the essential minerals of trading – an entry or exit “point” holds very little relevance whatsoever. If you are spending your time trying to pick bottoms and tops then it is certain that you will never find any success whatsoever. Trying to pick a bottom or top is essentially an attempt to force an opinion on a market – and that never ends well. Your job is to find high probability trading opportunities. Think to yourself – “where can the most money be made”?..  “If I buy in, then what needs to happen to bring me out with a profit?”.. “Is there good trading volume?”... “Is there momentum – when were the last executed trades?”.. This is the way you need to be thinking. When you grasp this, you will suddenly find yourself being bought out of the market at the top because you correctly assessed the trading volume in relation to the sell orders... you will find yourself “buying at the bottom” because you’re able to ‘look beyond the sell wall’ and see that – overall – resistance is low. Don’t be like everyone else, don’t just take the textbook trades.. wherever there is a full blown rally, there is a breakout brewing up in another market.

Avoid the temptation of wanting to be completely right by shunning all or nothing decisions and instead scaling in and scaling out of positions.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:50:50 PM

16 Oct - 17 Oct
Total return: 291%
Coins: ROS, CCN

In my opinion, a large segment of people should never trade. Although I hesitate to use gambling as an example, I believe it provides a close analogy. People who are wise and diligent gamblers would probably also be wise and diligent traders, because they have a somewhat detached view of the nature of money. On the other hand, those that get caught up in the excitement of the amount of the wager, whether it’s gambling or trading, are likely to be destabilized by losses – thus, terrible participants of the market. These traders will lean more towards ‘wishing and hoping’. Instead of getting into trades they think will work, they always end up getting into trades that they ‘hope’ will work.

ROS

Spurred on by the announcement of their Android Staking Wallet, ROS sprang upwards from obscurity and rocketed into Orbit providing excessive gains in the process.

Wherever there is tenacious volume and an overbearing stench of easy profits...I’m never too far away.

Having been alerted to movement, I noticed a distinct lack of sell walls. All of the sell orders were disturbingly insignificant in size. So disturbing in fact, that I had to take advantage.

Another potent factor that forced me into putting on this trade, was the fact that trading volume had sprung upwards above what had been the norm for the day – indicating that I wasn’t the only one who realised that there was easy money to be had, reinforcing my decision to put on a market buy and make the most of this momentum.

Trades like this are everywhere. Sure, there is nothing at all special about ROS coin (or 98% of the other alts) however, this doesn’t mean that one should ignore brilliant technical factors.

I always stress to members that market sentiment and fundamentals (news, features, updates) are not even half as important as technical factors – volume, resistance, momentum.

As I’ve said in a previous post; there are hoards of traders who’s only insight into these markets are the charts and orderbooks . They do not use some cluttered ANN thread as their buy / sell indicator. What gets them into a trade is simply the probability of exiting with a profit. Nothing more, or less.

The only way to gauge probability in Crypto – and all of the more established financial markets – is to assess the technicals. Good volume? Limited resistance? Buy support (not important as buy support is manipulated almost 98.99% of the time.. Never the less, a plus. Since this is how novice traders make their buying decisions)?

Analysing these technical elements of a market will not only see you through a war, but will ensure that you leave the battlefield with a pocket full of profit.

Tip: There are five basic steps towards becoming consistently profitable in the Crypto markets. First, focus on  trading vehicles, strategies, and time horizons that suit your personality. Second, identify non-random price behaviour. Third, absolutely convince yourself that what you have found is statistically valid. Fourth, set up your trading rules. Fifth, follow them.

CCN

CCN was added to Poloniex this morning, which I wasn’t aware was going to happen. Never the less, my position was sold before the announcement due to how I had arranged my orders when I got into the market. (The value of a coin that is already active on Bittrex and gets added to another exchange, tends to plummet)

With all of the hoopla surrounding Cannabis related coins – this run was sparked by nothing more than irrationality and really exposes the true foolishness of the participants in this market. Never the less, I bought in.

You see it doesn’t matter ‘why’ a coin is rallying.

It doesn’t matter if a rally is the result of some fad born out of the success of another coin with similar branding.

All that matters is the rally, and what you’re going to do in response to it.

Because, just as sure as there are countless traders who are sitting on the sidelines as these marijuana coins are taking off because they are “too smart to buy into a false market”... there are scores of traders who crept into each of these markets like thieves in the night only to make off with bags full of bitcoins as their positions metamorphosized into profit.

This particular trade was as simple as 1. Find marijuana coin, 2. Assess market, 3. Place order.

Why I went with CCN in particular was because I couldn’t see a major move on the charts – and due to the marijuana coin trend – I knew a move had to occur. So I set up my price alerts and conditional buy orders (I used this method of entry because, this was more of a speculative play than anything else – but if the market did move, I knew I wanted to be in because it would be a profitable run).

As soon as my position became active, I placed my sell orders immediately and some price alerts to bring my attention to any change in trend – at which point I would have readjusted my orders.

Overall a profitable move. Executed almost hands free due to the brilliance of conditional orders.

Tip: You don’t have to get in or out of a position all at once. I tend to scale into and out of virtually all of my trades. One sensible piece of advice that I am constantly giving to members is this: Avoid the temptation of always wanting to be completely right. For example, let’s say you become conviced that a particular coin is a buy, but prices have already had a sizeable run upwards. In many instances, if the trade is really good, by waiting for a significant reaction before putting on the entire position you open yourself up to missing the move completely. However, by adopting a scale-in plan – putting on part of your intended total position at the market and the remainder on a scale-down basis – you assure that you will at least have a partial position if the market keeps going, without the excessive risk that would be implied by putting on the entire position after a large, uninterrupted advance.

Avoid the temptation of wanting to be completely right by shunning all or nothing decisions and instead scaling in and scaling out of positions.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

Sir why are you avoiding legit questions?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:03:09 PM

Nice Ryan, you made almost 2 BTC profit on that trade, right?
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:21:53 PM

Nice Ryan, you made almost 2 BTC profit on that trade, right?

I'm guessing Ryan made about $3.50.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 04:27:22 PM by RyanPumper

17 Oct
Total return: 131%
Coins: URO, XST

You have to be able to think clearly and act decisively in a panic driven market. The coins that go wild are the ones with the best opportunity. Traditionally, what happens in a market that goes berserk is that even the most advanced traders will tend to stand aside. That’s your opportunity to make the money. If you can keep your mind straight while others are losing theirs, you can make a fortune

URO

There are coins that enjoy high visibility – and above average brand recognition in the market. These coins tend to move in cycles. There are several ways to expose and take advantage of these cycles – some are easier than others – but, I won’t be going into that just yet. I think this method requires a fully fledged dress down and its own post, which will be coming later in the week.

URO is a coin that actually has some form of brand recognition as fans of URO would say “it isn’t a coin, it’s a commodity” (whatever that means).

Luckily, the effectiveness of the brand isn’t the point – it’s the recognition. It is understood by a vast number of the community that URO is a coin that is linked to a physical good. Thus, this instantly separates URO from the hoards of other clones for the simple fact that URO has a unique feature that can’t be attributed to any other coin. That – in a nutshell – is why this isn’t the last rally we’re going to see in this market.

I had placed some lowball bids on URO simply because I had noticed a slight down-trend had formed – yet still more URO was being bought than sold. Which is an indicator of strength due to the amount of volume that was being generated – I knew that if this dumping action continued then it could only serve to make this coin look like a safe bet to novice traders who only purchase coins with the highest volume (which is the opposite of proper trading practice).

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Tip: If a trading opportunity looks too good to be true and you aren’t seeing a buying frenzy breaking out in front of you, the rest of the market may know something that you don’t. But usually the way the most profitable opportunities are missed is by saying “it looks too good to be true,” and then not doing anything. Too often, novice traders will think that everybody else must know something that they don’t, and I think that’s a critical mistake. How many times have you heard someone put down an idea you’re excited about by saying, “if it’s such a good idea then why isn’t everyone doing it?” This is the battle cry of mediocrity. In actual fact, any trading opportunity that everyone else is playing is by definition a terrible idea. I would always recommend doing the opposite. The reason markets get out of line is because everyone is doing the same(wrong) thing. The most advanced traders close their ears to the “why isn’t everyone doing it” cry of the crowd. These traders have the ability to implement their trading ideas despite adverse conditions – because, there is no opportunity in the market that is not an adverse condition situation. Stop doing what is comfortable, embrace discomfort, find an edge – and your winning trades will begin to outweigh your losses.

XST

This is another coin that is in an obvious cycle. Once you figure out how to exploit these cycles, your trading will be as beneficial as having the master key to an ATM.

As I’ve said many a time before, trading isn’t about picking tops or bottoms. In fact, that is the trick. Only the most novice trader would devote his time towards trying to pick tops or bottoms – that is the quickest way to lose all of your money.

People will ask, and I will always say the same thing.

Trading is a game of probabilities – not chance. Thus, the key to consistent profit is seeking out situations where the odds are tilted in your favour. You have to look for the opportunities where it is more ‘probable’ that the market will rally instead of fall into decline. The price you buy in or exit at is the least important factor.

What is more important is having the correct strategy in place to expose all of these opportunities to you in the most uncomplicated way possible. Because I tell you, these opportunities are everywhere... and the funniest thing is they are so glaringly obvious.

You have to know the difference between a buyers and a seller’s market. Look at the low / high price of the day to assess what stage your market is in. Asses the technical factors such as sell resistance, volume and momentum, and – most importantly – have an edge. You must have some sort of advantage that the average trader doesn’t have. That way you separate yourself from the majority and lean more towards the minority of traders who are consistently profitable.

Tip: You have to understand that the essential element in Crypto is that the markets are ultimately based on human psychology, and by charting each coin you’re merely converting human psychology into graphic representations. I believe that the human mind is more powerful than any indicator or chart in analysing the implication of price action. There are cycles in everything – the weather, ocean waves, and altcoins. In regard to cycles, their lengths vary from coin to coin. Your edge (if you have one) should be very effective in exposing these cycles if you are to have a sufficient advantage over the average trader.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 07:09:50 PM by RyanPumper

PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 10/13
Week Ending: 10/19

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest returns came from APEX, GB, LKNX, HAL and GHOST.

Members netted gains totaling 1,717% this week. Next weeks coins are already primed for accumulation!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

Cannabis Coin

Without a doubt, the coin of the week was CANN. By far, the most active market this week attracting 600 BTC+ in trading volume. CANN has been a recurring Pumpers Pick since early September, since then CANN has gone up 1860% which isn't half bad. The pegging of 1 CANN to 1g of Cannabis is coming on the 20th so I'd recommend keeping a close eye.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/20
Week Ending: 10/26

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now may be the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now OPEN

Registration closes Tuesday 10/21 at 6pm EDT. Our members netted a 4,760% gain last month, and as of now are up 4,263% only two weeks into this month.

We are already moving on next weeks coins!

Just send me a Private Message here or a Direct Message on Twitter to sign up.

Happy Trading!

Feedback

Hey Ryan,
Fellow trader here. I use similar strategies as you, it is all a common sense game. One of the biggest tips to newbie investors is to not over-hold! If you can make a quick 20%, do not be afraid to sell, because if you try to hold until that 40% the chances are you will lose.

Also, check into Intellicoin Wink Seems to have real potential

Dr. Coin

RyanPumper. You have a new follower here. Incredible tradings, keep doing that way Wink

As someone new to all this, I'm finding your info helpful.

Really good info in this thread, I'll keep checking back

Really good info in this thread, I will join  Grin
any tips for tonight into tomorrow morning?

Nice calls. Right on the money!  Cool

I learned a lot reading this thread. Today is a new day so I am rethinking my loosing strategy's  Cool

Really nice work here Ryan, rethinking my entire approach to trading, thanks Smiley
Perhaps you could talk us through a chart to spot obvious patterns?

Great trades as always. Keep showing us your trades, master.

KORE is flying

XSt is a great call ryan. If you swing trade though you wont see the full potential but you'll still make money. XST is a true ANON winner. Peer reviews done on the code and the dev is highly respected by some of the greatest minds on the forum.

XST=Win

I agree with your simple volume strategies, Ryan.

Watching Smiley

Xst is holding like a champ ryan... good call on that one.

I like the trade info. It good sound advice.

I went with KORE.
Noticed some talk about it on Twitter, also seems they are releasing their wallet with Anon VOIP on the 15th of sept.
Bought myself some shares earlier .. just watching it go up slowly now.

hello ryan
thanks for your alert on kore
what about next coin ? what do you think about ioc / xbot / shade ?

Would just like to say thank you Ryan, all of the tips you've given so far have helped me realise potential trades.
I've noticed patterns and trend changes quite quicker than I used to and have a rough idea of where the market is going.

That being said I have made no money this week, I set my buy orders too low on a few coins the day/night before they rally'd up. Knowing I could've made money this week is a much better feeling than losing.
Most of the activity happens between 8 & 10am my time and I'm usually in bed till gone 12, need to change that if I want to get in at the start of a rally.

I'd definitely recommend others to take a step back and see what happens.

Thanks. Smiley

- BenedictLol

in his "picks of the week" he PMed on the 6th of Sept he said to get into KORE, anything under 20k would be great.
Later that day it was sitting at 16k, slowly went up to 20K.
If you got in early and held on to it till KORE was getting near their anon VoIP wallet you'd have been able to sell early and exit at 30k (like I did) or play hard and get 33k+ out of it (it spiked at 35k about 3 hours ago).

Yep 0.5BTC is a big price if you're a small time trader like me, but for those who wanna play big, cheap ticket to more profit.

Ryan Pumper,

Just wanted to say great trading thread, I have learned a lot.
I would like to receive your PICK OF THE WEEK in pm if its still open.

dijclarwin

great picks!!

Hi.

First of all, thanks for the info you are sharing. Please keep posting the older info, I like this thread, I use it to learn, not to trade YET.

Second: for the giveaway, the only requirement is retweet? More retweets increase the chance? Or..?

Thanks.

I made 60% on FTC this week due to your tips. Thanks RYAN PUMPER.

Hey there, would love to hear what your picks of the week are.  Been watching some of the ones you've mentioned in your thread and I made a bit with them so far.

I am looking forward to your pick of the week !

i watch your thread everyday and learn so many tips
i think this time will be ioc, right ?

Read through your thread..wish i came across it sooner. Very solid.  Wink

EnzoBlaque

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:50:03 PM

it looks like HAL and GB are still flying
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

it looks like HAL and GB are still flying

GB was good buying @ 200 sat. a couple of days ago and selling @ 700 sat. today.

HAL is deep in shit now, but if their dev delivers anything, it may recover to 10K sat. and even higher.
brummie

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:43:36 AM

While we save up for (or ponder) the pay-for-tips group...

here's a free tip for readers -

Kryptcoin - wallet sorted, multi pool, volume picking up...

worth a punt maybe?  I just did... & I'm a minnow not a whale

jk

gratis from me to all - but feel free to tip me if you make a packet: BTC 1JeABtkQrUXgDJ2eoPitNuVLsq3jps8F7k

Ryan you can tip me too if you admire a bit of cheek
cyaadz

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:47:40 AM

While we save up for (or ponder) the pay-for-tips group...

here's a free tip for readers -

Kryptcoin - wallet sorted, multi pool, volume picking up...

worth a punt maybe?  I just did... & I'm a minnow not a whale

jk

gratis from me to all - but feel free to tip me if you make a packet: BTC 1JeABtkQrUXgDJ2eoPitNuVLsq3jps8F7k

Ryan you can tip me too if you admire a bit of cheek

Looks interesting Wink
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

18 Oct - 19 Oct
Total return: 323%
Coins: APEX, URO

Through my analysis I aim to underscore the distinction between gambling and betting or trading with an edge. Participants in Crypto may well be gambling. If you don’t have a method (an edge), then trading is every bit as much as a gamble as betting in the casinos. But with a method, trading becomes a business rather than gambling. Fortunately for us Crypto traders, whereas the casinos can ban players because they become too proficient, this market has no way of eliminating the skilful traders. Therefore if you have an edge that provides you with the most unfair advantage over other traders, no exchange can come to you and say, “We’ve noticed that you’re making too much money. You can’t trade here anymore.”

APEX

Regular readers are well aware of how important it is to put orders  40 – 50% (or more, depending on the environment) below high volume markets.

This is just easy money through and through. As I’ve mentioned a dozen times, this strategy was my bread and butter when I first started trading altcoins. This is the closest you will get to risk free trading in this market , and it requires no particular skills – other than understanding that what goes up must come down, and then back up again.

By using this strategy, you are taking advantage of  the correction that occurs after every single decline in price.

It happens all the time.

If you were to browse the markets, you will see that every high volume coin that dips – often produces a very profitable correction, providing the easiest profit that you will ever make trading cryptos - besides knowing which coins are going to move days before the move actually occurs.

APEX has been a recurring Pumpers Pick for some weeks now,  and has continued to perform over a sustained period of time. This is a sign of strength and shows that market sentiment towards this coin is positive.

After seeing alot of volatile price action, and noticing an astoundingly wide spread (for a coin with high volume) – AND noticing that the sell orders were arranged in such a way that could produce a 300%+ gain with only the slightest injection of BTC.

This was a no brainer.

Brilliant technicals + sound fundamentals = home run. Start paying attention to probabilities and realise that trading isn’t a game of being right or wrong. Once you start to key into probabilities instead of possibilities you will have the means to measure the odds of a trade. You will naturally begin to pay attention to the things that matter – volume, sell resistance and market momentum.

Before getting into a trade, always ask yourself. Based on what I can see, what is most likely to happen, a rally or a decline in price? If you find yourself not being able to adequately answer this question, it’s because you don’t have an edge or a strategy that works.

Tip: Novice traders tend to lose because they overtrade, which means that they have to be right a lot just to cover trading fees. You need to have patience; if you have a good trade on, you have to be able to stay with it. Second, you need courage to go into the market, and courage comes from adequate capitalisation. The trick is not being a contrarian, but being a contrarian at the right time. The successful contrarian needs to be able to filter out the true opportunities. Personally, my filters are a combination of a keen sense of fundamentals and market timing. To me, the Crypto market is a giant treasure hunt. Somewhere in the rubble, there is a big winner – every week, and I am always engaged in finding that next coin with all the characteristics that are going to make it a big move. You should be willing to buy or sell anything. So many people say “I could never buy that kind of coin”. You should be flexible and alert to trading based on probabilities, not marketing or hysteria. Your desire to win must be greater than your desire to be right, only then will these opportunities becoming glaringly obvious to you.

URO

Another important factor that I frequently stress is that Trading Volume is the MOST important indicator for the novice trader.  They want to see a coin “on the first page of Bittrex” before they buy.

Going further, nearly 90% of the crypto community has this same view. So the most eyes are on the first page of Bittrex.

Now, why is that important?

Well... Skilful traders, are only skilled because they make the majority of their money from the mistakes of novice traders. In fact, each time a novice buys into a coin – they are letting a skilled trader out of that coin with profit. Think about that for a second.

I look at dumping sprees as a wonderful thing – provided I’m not in the coin at the time.  

Firstly, the mere fact that you have the ability to dump out – indicates that there is considerable interest in that coin, just at a lower price point. Second, when people dump out of a coin they are essentially inflating the trading volume – making the coin look like a safe bet to novice traders who have their eye on that Bittrex front page..

Additionally, when people contribute to dumping action, they assist in creating a huge (and profitable) spread between the bid and ask.

Question...

what normally happens when  unskilled traders have low bids placed whilst a dumping spree is erupting? .........They begin to pull their orders, leaving behind only a few key players who understand how markets work.

So, in the end, it may only be a slim handful of people who get brought into the market via negative price action.

This has significant implications because, these new participants are now given a window where they have absolute control of where the price goes next – based on how they arrange their sell orders.

When a coin dips, new sell orders have to be placed from that price range (to close the spread) – all the way to the pre-dump price. But because only a few (skilled) traders will allow themselves to be dumped on, these skilled players are literally given their pick of where to place their sell orders for maximum profit - which leads to profitable gaps between price ranges  – which leads to very easy returns.

Tip: Don’t be arrogant. During these winning times it is easy to lose discipline. I frequently stress to members ; when you get arrogant, you forsake risk control. The best traders are the most humble. Don’t trade until an opportunity presents itself. Knowing when to stay out of the market is just as important as knowing when to be in. Your strategy has to be flexible enough to change when the environment changes. The mistake most people make is they keep the same strategy all the time. They say “damn, the market didn’t behave the way I thought it would.” Why should it? Life and the Crypto markets just don’t work that way. You need an edge.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Dr. Coin

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:58:07 AM

Personally I think it will equalize around 5k.

~~~~~~~  DR. COIN  ~~~~~~~
hobala

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:23:38 PM

now apex to da moon  Grin Grin

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:35:41 PM

Ryan, how are you playing CANN right now

Did you dump or do you think the developer is taking profit?

I got in at 15K what do you think, are you buying or selling?

This is a perfect example of how the market works, and is something I often speak about when analysing trades.

The market doesn't react to news in the way everyone thinks it does. People say "the pegging is coming on the 20th we are going to the moon." In actual fact, that never happens. No matter what the news is, or which coin it is.

The rally always happens during the build up to the big day... Not afterwards.

I always tell people... you need to understand the difference between a buyers and a sellers market. Which isn't difficult at all because it is like the difference between night and day.

I'd say that CANN is always a good play.

However, more CANN is currently being sold than bought. So we may continue to see lower prices - which isn't a terrible thing.

Low prices are clearly a good thing.

If you have limited capital, this gives you the opportunity to get in at wholesale rate. So there are a lot of easy monies to be had from CANN if you play it right.

The lower the price falls, the greater the opportunity due to the massive volume we have already seen pour into and then out of CANN (indicator of positive market sentiment, and strength) ... the lower CANN goes in price, the better it looks.

Look at all the posts abut CANN, the consensus is that CANN is a terrible play right now. Yet during this dip, the price has gone to 2555 and back up to 4400 - producing a 72% gain. This is easy money.

Just sit back and analyse the sell resistance, because that is what is currently controlling the price. Higher resistance = more dumping = lower prices. As the resistance lowers, the price will lift

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:56:18 PM

20 Oct - 21 Oct
Total return: 122%
Coins: URO, SWIFT

Having the patience to wait for high expected return trades greatly enhances the return/risk of individual trades. I am perfectly content to stay on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing until there is an opportunity that meets my criteria. Placing suboptimal positions will tie up your capital that could be applied to more attractive opportunities. If conditions are not right, or the return/risk isn’t adequately favourable, don’t d anything. Be wary of taking dubious trades due to impatience. If you have a good enough edge, then you will spot opportunity where other don’t and profit greatly because of it.

URO

One of the occasions where a market buy would have been warranted.

However, more profit was to be had by getting in at a more advantageous price. 

Personally, I don’t like to be in a position before a major move – this leaves you open to the danger of watching every move the market makes, which could lead to the premature liquidation of a position – which is easily avoidable by getting in at the right time.

This market was very volatile, and had an environment that was ripe to dip in and out with substantial gains – almost at will.

The market then fell into consolidation. I knew a rally was imminent due to the simple fact that, despite the slight down-trend more URO was being bought than sold – as indicated by the volume bars.

After my positions became active, I placed my sell orders and set-up some price alerts to alert me to any significant changes in market sentiment.  Momentum did the rest. 

Tip: Large price moves either up or down tend to end abruptly and sharply. When you are on the right side of a tremendous up move, you should scale out of that position while the trend is still moving in your favour. Also, try not to stare at the screen all day long – that isn’t proper trading practice. Watching every move can lead to both over trading and an increased chance of liquidating good positions. Just put price alerts on your chosen coins – at logical, meaningful price points – and then move onto doing something more productive

SWIFT

This trade was another “picking up money from the floor” play. It was that easy... Someone left a bag full of money in the middle of the street, I walked over and picked it up. I don’t think there is anything else that can be said.

It is very important that you pay attention to the price points of each high volume market.

If you see a high volume market with high upward resistance – put in some low bids, this is how you make consistent and easy profit.

I have said this dozens of times. Skilled traders make money only because novice traders just won’t stop making the same mistakes.

Whilst everyone is buying and the volume and price is rocketing – you need to have enough common sense to at least wonder “if so much money has already gone into this market, how many people are left to put money towards this coin?”. You need to realise that what goes up, must come down.

But that doesn’t mean that when a market goes down, it won’t spring back upwards again. In fact, when a high volume market dips violently, it will ALWAYS spring back producing excessive profit in the process.

I bought into SWIFT because it was in consolidation (moving sideways), yet the volume was so high.

When a market is consolidating there will always be a big move either up or down... also, if a market is in consolidation and more of that coin is being bought than sold – this signals that prices are going to surge upwards rather than down.

So although I was prepared to buy if and when the market began to climb........ it is, and will always be advantageous to hedge your idea with some lowball offers – due to the simple fact that when you are dead sure that a market is going to jump, the only thing you should be thinking about next is how to maximise your return.

These opportunities are literally everywhere.

Tip: People keep asking me about position sizes, and how to make consistent money from crypto. Simple. You need a profit strategy.

You need to have a plan on how to use the capital that you currently have, to pull in daily profit.

We are in a bull run at the moment, and have been for months now. Profit is easy to come by. But when you are using 20 different position sizes, trading 12 different coins (because you read some tweet telling you to get in NOW!!), not assessing Risk / Reward, paying attention to possibilities instead of probabilities – you are doomed to failure.

You need a profit plan. There is no way around that

many traders just throw coins at the market with no specific plan or strategy in place to accrue profit and establish a reliable income stream.

Coming from the world of FX into Crypto Currencies, I brought several tactics along with me to ensure that my BTC holdings increase daily, weekly and monthly. One of the important pieces of my strategy was a simple Profit Plan... This is what I used to expand my BTC holdings.

My whole thing when I started in Crypto was, I wanted to bring in 0.7BTC every day – risking only 2BTC.

Current Prices
2BTC = $771.93
0.7BTC = $273.02

Per day: 0.7BTC ($273.02)
Per week: 4.9BTC ($1,911.14)
Per month: 19.6BTC ($7,644.56)

You may not hit 0.7BTC each day but once you have clearly defined and settled on a target, you will gradually get closer and closer to reaching it each day. When I got into my stride, of course, there were days where I didn’t make exactly 0.7BTC, but pulled in slightly less – or substantially more.. it all depends on what the market is willing to provide.

This profit plan allowed me to know exactly what I was looking for from the market, therefore I wasn’t simply focused on “making money”.. my focus was on achieving a very specific return, thus the trading opportunities that would deliver these returns became much more glaringly obvious than they were before.

There are many ways you can go about netting 0.7BTC daily by risking only 2BTC (or smaller amount to suit your appetite for risk).

2BTC + 30% = 0.7BTC

All I needed to do was achieve a mere 30% gain on 2BTC daily to pull $7,393 per month from the market.

What with this being the most volatile market in existence and all – 30% per day was and still is a walk in the park and something anyone can achieve with the correct methodology.

This profit plan can be arranged to suit any size of capital. All that matters is that you actually have a strategy like this in place if you are hoping to be consistently profitable

cutepuppy

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

If you have limited capital, this gives you the opportunity to get in at wholesale rate. So there are a lot of easy monies to be had from CANN if you play it right.

The lower the price falls, the greater the opportunity due to the massive volume we have already seen pour into and then out of CANN (indicator of positive market sentiment, and strength) ... the lower CANN goes in price, the better it looks.

Look at all the posts abut CANN, the consensus is that CANN is a terrible play right now. Yet during this dip, the price has gone to 2555 and back up to 4400 - producing a 72% gain. This is easy money.

Just sit back and analyse the sell resistance, because that is what is currently controlling the price. Higher resistance = more dumping = lower prices. As the resistance lowers, the price will lift

Okay thanks for this, I was thinking that it was a code red on cann.

I have been sending you messages all day on twitter and pm to sign up before registration closes.
Can you respond please so that I can get in on time?

Thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: