Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game  (Read 495437 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:51:14 AM

What client and version are you using?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:31:23 AM

What client and version are you using?

Satoshi Client 0.6.2

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:34:17 AM

I'm open to suggestions.

I'm thinking that in addition to the invalid transactions (which will never confirm) that you might already have the valid ones that arrived, and just are overlooking because you also see the invalid ones.  [Sorry, re-reading your comment, you mention "many times".  So guess not.]  Those invalid ones are invalid.  They'll never confirm.  Sorry.   But if you got the valid ones, then your only problem is in trying to remove the invalid ones (there's a procedure that will do that).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 11:39:12 AM

I guess go back to the beginning.

Step 1. Make a backup of wallet.dat

Step 2.  Remove every file in the bitcoin folder except for wallet.dat

Step 3.  Launch bitcoin and let it download all the blocks again.

--------

If that still doesn't give you a solution, then you might try pywallet to export the private keys and import them elsewhere.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

geebus

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:58:52 AM

I guess go back to the beginning.

Step 1. Make a backup of wallet.dat

Step 2.  Remove every file in the bitcoin folder except for wallet.dat

Step 3.  Launch bitcoin and let it download all the blocks again.

--------

If that still doesn't give you a solution, then you might try pywallet to export the private keys and import them elsewhere.

I've done that (re-download block chain), but those transactions still show.

I can't seem to figure out how to export keys, or import them back (in bulk) into a new wallet using pywallet. Know of a tutorial anywhere?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 12:22:01 PM

I've done that (re-download block chain), but those transactions still show.

With a clean memory pool after restarting and them not existing in any blocks in the blockchain, I don't understand how it would even know about those transactions to show them anymore even.

To get a look by someone who might know the details of how this can happen, would you consider posting this issue in the Technical Support board?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=4.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

homer

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 12:45:14 PM

Sounds like geebus is seeing the same problem I am.  Sure wish I knew what was going on exactly.  I've tried doing all the things he listed, and still missing bitcoins.
titeuf_87

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:10:37 PM

I realize satoshidice is sometimes slow... but for the past few days I always had to wait at least five minutes before I even know if I won or not. Often times it's even longer.

Is this just me? Or that happens to others too?

15kfBM3TQ4PGzL7cKncU3su2pH7ZJmiLtr
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:12:07 PM

from my incredibly limited experience, that was the case for me, particularly when betting on the <32000. the <64000 paid out near instantly.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:30:37 PM

Since last night I'm waiting hours before I even know if I win or not.

One question: Can we use a sendmany transaction to bet in several numbers and save on transaction fees?
Retard
Prime Minister
VIP

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

One question: Can we use a sendmany transaction to bet in several numbers and save on transaction fees?

dito

-.-
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:43:17 PM

The receive transactions I have in my wallet do not appear on blockchain.info or blockexplorer.com, and the transactions for SatoshiDICE's payments to me do not appear in my wallet anywhere (I have checked, multiple times).

The thing is, the transactions on the SD site have been confirmed.  For example, your first bet was paid out here:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/d2768db6562c0231da78188c282748b0b4219064792221ff6e32266ca07f01c1

The problem is probably that you have a conflicting transaction in your wallet which prevents this real transaction from showing up.

I think you'll need to remove the bad transactions from your wallet so the real ones can show up.

I've found pywallet's web interface to be great for doing that.

With a clean memory pool after restarting and them not existing in any blocks in the blockchain, I don't understand how it would even know about those transactions to show them anymore even.

The wallet.dat file holds transactions as well as private keys.  That's why you sometimes need '-rescan' - it tells bitcoin to not assume that it knows about all the transactions from old blocks, but to rescan the blockchain and add any relevant transactions to the wallet.

In this case we have too many transactions in the wallet and need to remove the bad ones.  Jeremy had a similar issue recently - I'll link you to his thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85689.0

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:46:27 PM

Yes you can.  See the first point on http://www.satoshidice.com/advanced.php.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 09:22:45 PM

Slow doesn't begin to describe it. I've seen bets today sit (6) hours before returning......

Perhaps someone wasn't ready for this kind of popularity?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:31:12 PM

Also, look at this one: http://satoshidice.com/lookup.php?tx=d361a475d14d5e7c85bbb62571f660aee98f7aff5517441d6922fa9cc3a5daee

A sendmany transaction that processed the bets with 45min between each Roll Eyes
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:09:05 PM

No idea if it is the reason, coz it depends on how the SatoshiDICE server works, however:

In bitcoind, an unconfirmed transaction may be lost if bitcoind restarts.
Unconfirmed transactions from other bitcoinds are stored in a memory pool so are lost when bitcoind stops.
Or, if for some reason the 0-confirm transaction didn't make it to the bitcoind (networks aren't perfect) it wont know about it (though rare)
This also means that if bitcoind wasn't running when the transaction was sent out, it won't know about it until either it ends up in a block, or some other 0-confirm transaction requires it and bitcoind requests it from another bitcoind.
i.e. it will eventually get the transaction back again since probably every other bitcoind still has it and eventually a block will include it.
But bitcoind may not find out about it until it lands in a block (which can be more than an hour on some rare occasions - or longer if some pools are ignoring processing the transaction)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

Transaction ID: 1e11a050fd5a1d18fd63890f9ab4e60c9ce2231ad149d9b36cfee9edbce34b9b

Sent 2 hours ago, 14 confirmations so far. No record on SatoshiDice...
geebus

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:44:37 AM

No idea if it is the reason, coz it depends on how the SatoshiDICE server works, however:

In bitcoind, an unconfirmed transaction may be lost if bitcoind restarts.
Unconfirmed transactions from other bitcoinds are stored in a memory pool so are lost when bitcoind stops.
Or, if for some reason the 0-confirm transaction didn't make it to the bitcoind (networks aren't perfect) it wont know about it (though rare)
This also means that if bitcoind wasn't running when the transaction was sent out, it won't know about it until either it ends up in a block, or some other 0-confirm transaction requires it and bitcoind requests it from another bitcoind.
i.e. it will eventually get the transaction back again since probably every other bitcoind still has it and eventually a block will include it.
But bitcoind may not find out about it until it lands in a block (which can be more than an hour on some rare occasions - or longer if some pools are ignoring processing the transaction)

My bitcoind runs 24/7, and has 4 specific other nodes that I run, which it connects to... This wallet is only used for Satoshidice, so no other TX's (aside from the one I funded the wallet with) exist.

Neither a rescan, nor a re-download of the blockchain resolved the issue.

I'm currently rebuilding the wallet by exporting all the private keys from it and re-importing them 1-by-1 into a new wallet... it will take a few days to run, since there are ~2100 private keys and it averages 45 seconds per key to import. I'll let you know how it works out.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:56:29 AM

My bitcoind runs 24/7, and has 4 specific other nodes that I run, which it connects to... This wallet is only used for Satoshidice, so no other TX's (aside from the one I funded the wallet with) exist.

I'm currently rebuilding the wallet by exporting all the private keys from it and re-importing them 1-by-1 into a new wallet... it will take a few days to run, since there are ~2100 private keys and it averages 45 seconds per key to import. I'll let you know how it works out.

That will work, but it would be a lot quicker to just remove the bad transactions from your wallet using PyWallet.

Why don't you try exporting the keys you used in the faulty transactions first and importing them into your new wallet - then you'll see that the bets have been paid out, and that it's just bad transactions in your wallet that prevent you from seeing them.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
geebus

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:18:56 AM

That will work, but it would be a lot quicker to just remove the bad transactions from your wallet using PyWallet.

Why don't you try exporting the keys you used in the faulty transactions first and importing them into your new wallet - then you'll see that the bets have been paid out, and that it's just bad transactions in your wallet that prevent you from seeing them.

PyWallet errors on wallets that have been opened in Bitcoin-qt v 0.6+

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: