Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:31:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 [1814] 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
bigolin

Activity: 136
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:27:13 PM

Am I the only one that got no notification from both the ckpool status app AND minergain? I'm glad we got a block, and I'm all for surprises but holy shit I need at least one of the two to go off  Undecided
Sorry again for missing the boat on that.  I am working to show block values and hopefully CDT and botched the whole process just before I flew out on vacation.  I'll get it working today...

No worries at all, you offer a free service to the community. Please don't feel like that was frustration at you or your awesome notifications. Yours is (in my opinion) the quickest to notify me! I'm just glad it was an issue that could be brought to your attention. I was more frustrated at my luck assuming it was something on my end since both failed at the same time. What a coincidence!

Thanks again!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremiah1610

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:42:56 PM

I went out for a smoke, came back in to a block. The kano.is page said 4m, took another 5m to get the notification from ckpool app for android, but still no issues. I did notice with the new update you need to hit the home button on your phone to keep the app running, if you hit the back button it exits the app. If you are having problems this may be your solution.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:44:05 PM

A warning in advance about a restart Smiley

I'll be restarting the main work generator back end, in about 11 hours at 23:30 UTC
Everyone will failover to their 3rd pool - yeah your 2nd pool SHOULD be another kano.is node - so you SHOULD failover to your 3rd Smiley

You'll fail back pretty quickly, though ckpool takes about 5 minutes to restart properly, so it can take up to 10 minutes to fail back properly.
This will affect everyone mining on every node.

I've had to make 2 small changes to fix problems occurring in the pool logging.

I've added this to the web site notifications also.

Mine on Smiley
Just a reminder - this will be in about 45 minutes.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:17:18 PM

... and quite unexpectedly, the payout was confirmed only a few minutes after I sent it out.
Seems there's a lot space in the blocks at the moment, so low fee consolidation would be ideal to do now if anyone needs to.

Yep, if you have multiple inputs in your wallet, now is the time to consolidate those into one....fees are SUPER LOW.
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:40:16 PM

No worries at all, you offer a free service to the community. Please don't feel like that was frustration at you or your awesome notifications. Yours is (in my opinion) the quickest to notify me! I'm just glad it was an issue that could be brought to your attention. I was more frustrated at my luck assuming it was something on my end since both failed at the same time. What a coincidence!

Thanks again!
Not to worry - and thank you for letting us know.  I too use it to get notified right away...  I would have been on top of it long before now if not traveling. 

I did decide to change the code so that when the new block is detected, I force the public block page (https://kano.is/index.php?k=blocks) to get read 10 seconds later.  That has the a lot of the details that would be interesting for all of us to have on an email / text alert including the price - and I am saving the number of shares submitted as it goes, so I will be able to come pretty close to the CDT (coin per day per Th/s) and BTC per Th value that will be paid to us.  Eventually you will be able to enter your costs  per miner and it will show your your profit / loss on the block.

I figured it was worth the few extra second delay to have the ability to get all this additional info.  I also am queuing emails up, so they are sent between the other processing jobs.  So if we end up having 10,000 people getting the immediate notifications, it could take a couple minutes before everyone gets them.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:48:54 PM

A warning in advance about a restart Smiley

I'll be restarting the main work generator back end, in about 11 hours at 23:30 UTC
Everyone will failover to their 3rd pool - yeah your 2nd pool SHOULD be another kano.is node - so you SHOULD failover to your 3rd Smiley

You'll fail back pretty quickly, though ckpool takes about 5 minutes to restart properly, so it can take up to 10 minutes to fail back properly.
This will affect everyone mining on every node.

I've had to make 2 small changes to fix problems occurring in the pool logging.

I've added this to the web site notifications also.

Mine on Smiley
Just a reminder - this will be in about 45 minutes.
This all went as planned.
Disconnect was 23:30:01 UTC and miners starting reconnecting and mining at 23:35:17 UTC
Mine on! Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:59:37 PM

Hi All,

I apologize in advance for a newbie question. As I understand, BTC transaction fee depends on the amount of data in the transaction. If one has many smaller incoming transactions, and then wants to send some (greater) amount of BTC to a new address, transaction fee may become quite high. On the other hand, the less incoming transactions are there, the "cheaper" it will be to send money elsewhere later on. Is that correct?

If so, is there a way to set a minimum payout threshold on this pool?  I read somewhere this feature was still in the "to-do" list of Kano. So I wonder if it was implemented at some point, or maybe there's some other way to do it? I just want to minimize transaction fees for payments I will make in the future.

What we do is wait until we build up a certain number payouts in one wallet and when the network fees are low (like now) send everything to a second wallet or a hardware wallet and manually set the fees low or with the lowest priority.  It can take a while to get confirmed but it does consolidate all of your payouts so your BTC will be ready to use with good fees in the future.
voodooman

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:05:03 AM

nice.
so my Pi Butler didn't fool me when he told me somethings wrong with my hashrate.

Kano...your system works like a swiss clockwork!
And of course you obviously too with these accurate timings
you wrote every single time something gets done.

great job!
thanks man!

I hope your plan with the giveaway will work soon!
Pecker

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:15:44 AM

Quick question....

Had a S9 miner go down so I swapped another one in as soon as I could (about 8-10 hours down)

In order to avoid the ramp up, does the worker name have to be the same as the one that went down?

If it is not the same name, will I start the ramp ip procedure all over again for that miner?

Lets crack one open! 

Pecker
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:25:15 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 12:55:26 AM by kano

Quick question....

Had a S9 miner go down so I swapped another one in as soon as I could (about 8-10 hours down)

In order to avoid the ramp up, does the worker name have to be the same as the one that went down?

If it is not the same name, will I start the ramp ip procedure all over again for that miner?

Lets crack one open!  

Pecker

Total hash rate is all that matters with the 'ramp'

---

Edit: I guess to explain what actually happens:
So for (say) 10 hours you were mining at (say) 13TH/s lower.
Of course, somehow, that not-mining means an expected loss of some reward (10hrs times 13TH/s)

How it actually happens is that over the 5ND from the start of the drop in hash rate, your 10 hours of not-mining is lost.
i.e. instead of losing 10hours of mining on the next block we find, you lose 10 hours of mining over the next 5Nd.
So the expected 5 blocks per 5Nd would mean you'd lose about 2 hours of mining of each of the 5 expected blocks.
Of course it's not an exact 2 hours off each block, but rather it will go down and back up to give that 'expected' result.

Now here's an interesting thing about pools (like slush) that use a VERY short time for the N in their PPLNS.
It's of course random on such a pool if you will lose your reward on the next block(s) found when you have an outage.
You can be lucky and not lose anything coz your outage is in the range not counted in the next block, or you could lose everything coz your outage covered the range of the next block(s)

HOWEVER, the point about the long term probability of recuperating that loss or losing that gain, is of course assuming that you disconnect often.
Who does that? Most people don't disconnect from the pool regularly, and thus they rarely average out those losses or gains.
So if you get lucky on that rare disconnect you have on such a pool, and gain more than expected, it's a gain that you are unlikely to ever lose.
If you are unlucky on that rare disconnect you have on such a pool, and lose more than expected, it's a loss that you are unlikely to ever recover.

Thus why the 5Nd here is really the best solution for miners.

Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:56:41 AM

My little podunk town lost power again today!!! Grrrr!!! This time, I was at work and had noway of resetting my miners. So, about 7hrs down on my ramp.

I am officially a proud user of Awesome Miner!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
minergain.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:16:44 AM

sorry for the extra notifications - working on the alerts...  we did not find a block yet....

BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:21:04 AM
Merited by DrSha (1)

the S9 hash give-away draw is done.

i will announce (and configure) as soon as i get Kano's feedback... Smiley

EDIT

...and the winner is BSGMiner!

now go get us that block!! Smiley

Let's keep these small miner giveaways going with another (although slightly less impressive 3.5THs)...

'PASS THE HASH' GIVEAWAY!

After being inspired by luxMiner's generosity, I want to pass on my only Avalon6's hashpower next week to one (1) lucky miner who meets the following criteria that I've edited below to keep things in line with the ~4x increase that I was blessed with:

- You must be already mining on Kano with a combined hashpower below 10THs between ~500GHs and ~1THs (on the Pool Stats page).
- Send me a direct [Private] message with your user name, if you qualify and wish to participate. Do not reply to this with your user name, as we don't want to flood the forum, unless it is for a general comment.
- I will randomly draw one qualifying user tomorrow Monday midnight CET Monday evening EST. I will then announce the 'winner' and the S9 Avalon6 (3.5THs) will run under its user name until Sunday midnight CET Sunday evening EST.
- Should the machine drop in hashpower or encounter any technical issues, I will not be responsible and liable to make up for it.

Once the lucky miner is picked, Kano will fact-check that miner's stats and rewards to make sure they "fit the bill", and I'll announce the winner to everyone.

Also, in an effort to promote the pool and these types of small miner giveaways, Kano approved of me including this...

Although this is all freely donated with no strings attached, my hope is that others would consider participating and put some action behind all the discussions about what we can do to 1) grow the pool and 2) keep things interesting for those of us that don't qualify for the 10BTC big miner giveaway.  Grin

Best of luck, and as always... Mine on!

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
padrinogtr

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 03:35:50 AM

i took the liberty of creating a facebook page and group for Kano. i hope Kanosan does not mind
social media needs to know about this pool
https://www.facebook.com/kanopool/

mine on!!!

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
perfectplus174

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:30:21 AM

the S9 hash give-away draw is done.

i will announce (and configure) as soon as i get Kano's feedback... Smiley

EDIT

...and the winner is BSGMiner!

now go get us that block!! Smiley

Let's keep these small miner giveaways going with another (although slightly less impressive 3.5THs)...

'PASS THE HASH' GIVEAWAY!

After being inspired by luxMiner's generosity, I want to pass on my only Avalon6's hashpower next week to one (1) lucky miner who meets the following criteria that I've edited below to keep things in line with the ~4x increase that I was blessed with:

- You must be already mining on Kano with a combined hashpower below 10THs between ~500GHs and ~1THs (on the Pool Stats page).
- Send me a direct [Private] message with your user name, if you qualify and wish to participate. Do not reply to this with your user name, as we don't want to flood the forum, unless it is for a general comment.
- I will randomly draw one qualifying user tomorrow Monday midnight CET Monday evening EST. I will then announce the 'winner' and the S9 Avalon6 (3.5THs) will run under its user name until Sunday midnight CET Sunday evening EST.
- Should the machine drop in hashpower or encounter any technical issues, I will not be responsible and liable to make up for it.

Once the lucky miner is picked, Kano will fact-check that miner's stats and rewards to make sure they "fit the bill", and I'll announce the winner to everyone.

Also, in an effort to promote the pool and these types of small miner giveaways, Kano approved of me including this...

Although this is all freely donated with no strings attached, my hope is that others would consider participating and put some action behind all the discussions about what we can do to 1) grow the pool and 2) keep things interesting for those of us that don't qualify for the 10BTC big miner giveaway.  Grin

Best of luck, and as always... Mine on!

You said next week, but for how long are you talking? For a week at a time or what?

Also, any stipulations for how long they have been mining to qualify? I'm thinking it would be cool to do for some of these guys who have stuck it out versus someone who only has maybe $150 worth of equipment. Like maybe a minimum of 3TH or so who may be a little more invested.

These are just some thoughts because I was thinking of carrying it on as well, I just don't want to go about it the wrong way. I'm open to some feedback on a fun little perk on doubling someone's hash, but unless it's for a 5nd period, it will never get the full benefits.

What do you guys think??

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:53:20 AM

I'm open to some feedback on a fun little perk on doubling someone's hash, but unless it's for a 5nd period, it will never get the full benefits.
If you mine for 10 hours at 4 TH/s you expect to get rewarded 10 hours at 4 TH/s
The 5Nd is only how the reward comes to you to reduce variance ...
which is from when you start until 5Nd after you stop i.e. start + 10hrs + 5Nd

shadowelite

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:01:45 AM

I'm open to some feedback on a fun little perk on doubling someone's hash, but unless it's for a 5nd period, it will never get the full benefits.
If you mine for 10 hours at 4 TH/s you expect to get rewarded 10 hours at 4 TH/s
I still sont have a clue what this 5nd means
5x last something
Hm does a miner get for finding a block? Just Curious
Experimenter

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

What we do is wait until we build up a certain number payouts in one wallet and when the network fees are low (like now) send everything to a second wallet or a hardware wallet and manually set the fees low or with the lowest priority.  It can take a while to get confirmed but it does consolidate all of your payouts so your BTC will be ready to use with good fees in the future.
Ah, I didn't think about this option!

Thanks, I'll give that a try! Smiley
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:27:44 AM

I still sont have a clue what this 5nd means
5x last something
Hm does a miner get for finding a block? Just Curious
Help->Payouts

Like everyone else, a miner who finds a block gets rewarded for the work they did in the last 5Nd.
A block finder reward reduces the reward of everyone else who didn't find the block - which mean higher variance.
Finding a block is random and thus you have no control over when you will find a block.
Everyone gets rewarded fairly for the work they did on each block found, that's the point of this pool.

minergain.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:31:18 PM

Also, any stipulations for how long they have been mining to qualify? I'm thinking it would be cool to do for some of these guys who have stuck it out versus someone who only has maybe $150 worth of equipment. Like maybe a minimum of 3TH or so who may be a little more invested.

What do you guys think??
I have a single s9 miner and consider myself a small miner (perhaps even tiny these days with the global hash rate).  So obviously I would LOVE to be included in the drawing.  Perhaps the maximum is a percentage of the global hash rate rounded to 1Th/s?  Then it would change each week.

Also, as I offered before, if someone creates a banner ad, I will put it on minergain.com - and this seems like an amazing opportunity to attract attention.  Just put "*restrictions apply" at the bottom of the ad in small print and have the ad link to someplace.  I also would be happy to create a page on minergain for anyone to link to if Kano does not want to put it on the bitcointalk top page (since it will be changing frequently).  I can even do a signup form where the "sharing" miner can get notified for each signup or a daily summary email.  If that miner is already signed up with minergain and has uploaded their rewards at least once, then I would know their hash rate and how long with Kano as well.

Anyway, please share your thoughts on how minergain can help with this wonderful program.

Pages: « 1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 [1814] 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: