Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MaryJanecoin LLC The Bitcoin of the Cannabis Industry and Community  (Read 338757 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MaryJ (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Managing Director of Maryjanecoin LLC

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:50:58 AM

going to be about a week or two before the new wallet is finished.

Just mining and distributing the coins between wallets to keep it from forking in the future.

And I am planning on the android wallet being released at the same time.

As with a simpler wallet its easier for the android version and future software adaptation by community members. And fixing the ccex burn issue from earlier which initially inspired my planning a new wallet version.

Going to be in cannabis cup denver this year. Got some shirts made with the logo and some stickers for promotion. Any help is allways appreciated. Also Going to another cannabis competition where they waved the fee just gonna need like 8 grams of product which is easy.

some stats on the new wallet

Coin type X11
Halving 10210 blocks
Initial coins per block1000 coins
Target spacing 1 min
Target timespan 5 h
Coinbase maturity 10 blocks
Premine 0 %
Max coinbase 20,420,000 + 0 = 20,420,000 coins

the extra coins above the current max will not be sold or used for anything other than keeping the network secure. plus I am weighing the option of providing more coins per exchange in order to make up for removing the POS so people that invested about a certain amount such as say the top "x" number of biggest wallet holders will get "x" percentage of coins as if they held them in the wallet for "x" amount of time equaling the pos rewards they would have received

Maryjanecoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:28:18 AM

...Just mining and distributing the coins between wallets to keep it from forking in the future...
Premine 0 %...
the extra coins above the current max will not be sold or used for anything other than keeping the network secure...

I am confused  Huh

Can this be mined by anyone after the forced coin increase?
Because the way it reads you are saying that you are mining the additional 5 million or so for yourself and promise not to sell them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how much do you think the coin price will decrease because of the inflation? Will it be directly relative to the amount added to the market?
If not, why?

Thanks in advance.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
MaryJ (OP)

Activity: 305

Managing Director of Maryjanecoin LLC

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:22:38 AM

I will leave an amount for people to mine as to help the network. not sure of how much yet.

Maryjanecoin.org
dararel

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:41:58 AM

going to be about a week or two before the new wallet is finished.

Just mining and distributing the coins between wallets to keep it from forking in the future.

And I am planning on the android wallet being released at the same time.

As with a simpler wallet its easier for the android version and future software adaptation by community members. And fixing the ccex burn issue from earlier which initially inspired my planning a new wallet version.

Going to be in cannabis cup denver this year. Got some shirts made with the logo and some stickers for promotion. Any help is allways appreciated. Also Going to another cannabis competition where they waved the fee just gonna need like 8 grams of product which is easy.

some stats on the new wallet

Coin type X11
Halving 10210 blocks
Target spacing 1 min
Target timespan 5 h
Coinbase maturity 10 blocks
Premine 0 %
Max coinbase 20,420,000 + 0 = 20,420,000 coins

the extra coins above the current max will not be sold or used for anything other than keeping the network secure. plus I am weighing the option of providing more coins per exchange in order to make up for removing the POS so people that invested about a certain amount such as say the top "x" number of biggest wallet holders will get "x" percentage of coins as if they held them in the wallet for "x" amount of time equaling the pos rewards they would have received

+1 We need miners desperately. It's a painful but necessary move.

What about distribution for old owners if premine will 0?Huh I have 850000mary what about change old coins to new??? What about interesting%??? Can some one little bit explaine me about this question becouse this looks strange.  Thx       How I can synchronize
 my wallet in write blockchaine if now bittrex receive my coins.  Also no response from Adam to my problem. Thank you Adam we discuss about network bug here. Sorry Im not programmer why I asked about this problem but community got amazing help support.
dararel

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:07:35 AM

One more think, yesterday I sent 50 coins to bittrex but for now bittrex show me  pending 50 coins without any confimation. You sure bittrex work fine?Huh
balladofjpeg

Activity: 306
Merit: 277

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:15:52 AM

One more think, yesterday I sent 50 coins to bittrex but for now bittrex show me  pending 50 coins without any confimation. You sure bittrex work fine?Huh

im sorry for your problem, I would help if I knew how to do. bittrex doesnt show apparent problems
im really happy for your 850.000 maryj, keep calm and remember me on 4/20   Smiley
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:11:32 AM

Why not removing the POS and raise the total up to 18,420,000 coins
and the 3,000,000 will be able to be mined in the next 10-20 years.
I trust you Adam, but i think investors would have a bad feeling if they knew that one person is holding like 5,000,000 MaryJ.
No matter if you say you sell them or not. Just think about it.  Smiley
balladofjpeg

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:43:25 AM

I trust you Adam, but i think investors would have a bad feeling if they knew that one person is holding like 5,000,000 MaryJ.
+1

+1
5,000,000 is 25% new coins raising down from the sky
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:38:50 PM

Alrighty, I think it's time for me to chime in. Adam is NOT going to just mine himself 5 million coins and hold them. The new coins will be available for everyone to mine and that is the entire point of this. It's to get miners involved and keep the network secure. Every single MaryJ owned at this moment in time will be accepted for a 1 to 1 trade to the new wallet/ chain. No one is losing any of their coins, and Adam is not just giving himself five million that'd be pretty messed up to do.

thanks,the question is..why so that much coins?Huh
2 or max 3milions coins doesnt be enought for new miners?

hope price wont be affected by adding more coins to mine.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

From what I've gathered this sounds like a really silly idea. First off, one person owning that amount of coins is a threat because it introduces the reliance on trust. Secondly, the coin will get heavily inflated with the increased total suppy alone (the market can't just soak up all the new coins and keep the current price, it will crash the price which will piss of everyone involved) not to mention miners dumping the coins slightly above the cost of production via profit-switching multipools without even knowing or caring what coins they mined. And lastly, one person wanting to pull such radical change to the coin might invite a communtiy takeover. The only way I'm seeing this working if the PoW block rewards would be a fraction of what is planned. People would still mine it if they could even at 10 coins per block, just look at FRESH (~10 million total coins with 10 coin/block and people mine it).

Not your keys, not your coins!
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:37:21 PM

From what I've gathered this sounds like a really silly idea. First off, one person owning that amount of coins is a threat because it introduces the reliance on trust. Secondly, the coin will get heavily inflated with the increased total suppy alone, not to mention miners dumping the coins slightly above the cost of production via profit-switching multipools without even knowing or caring what coins they mined. And lastly, one person wanting to pull such radical change to the coin might invite a communtiy takeover. The only way I'm seeing this working if the PoW block rewards would be a fraction of what is planned. People would still mine it if they could even at 10 coins per block, just look at FRESH (~10 million total coins with 10 coin/block and people mine it).

First off, Adam is not giving himself 5 million coins, He will tell you himself in the next day or so. Secondly the coin is not going to be heavily inflated as the coins will BE MINED. That means its going to be a gradual process that you wont even notice. In fact I truly believe this will raise the price. And a community take over? LOL Good luck buddy. I know who's who in this community and it'd never happen. Myself and many other key community members fully support Adam. Lastly, it's Adams coin, and truly, if you don't like how he's driving, then sell off and get off. No one's forcing you to spend your bitcoin here.

Edit: Something I may be on board with would be perhaps asking Adam to spread the coin distribution out over a longer period of time, reducing the debatable effect on the coins price. 5 million coins mined over 5 years might make more sense than mined over 2 years. But let's be patient and see what he has planned.

Halving 10210 blocks
Target spacing 1 min

Try to sell 1.440.000 coins per day for a week and tell me the price won't crash. Or you really think roughly 120-160 BTC worth of coins will get soaked just on the first week to keep the price? Even if only 30% of that would get dumped it would crash. Have you looked at the market cap and typical daily volume of this coin?

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:18:17 PM

From what I've gathered this sounds like a really silly idea. First off, one person owning that amount of coins is a threat because it introduces the reliance on trust. Secondly, the coin will get heavily inflated with the increased total suppy alone, not to mention miners dumping the coins slightly above the cost of production via profit-switching multipools without even knowing or caring what coins they mined. And lastly, one person wanting to pull such radical change to the coin might invite a communtiy takeover. The only way I'm seeing this working if the PoW block rewards would be a fraction of what is planned. People would still mine it if they could even at 10 coins per block, just look at FRESH (~10 million total coins with 10 coin/block and people mine it).

First off, Adam is not giving himself 5 million coins, He will tell you himself in the next day or so. Secondly the coin is not going to be heavily inflated as the coins will BE MINED. That means its going to be a gradual process that you wont even notice. In fact I truly believe this will raise the price. And a community take over? LOL Good luck buddy. I know who's who in this community and it'd never happen. Myself and many other key community members fully support Adam. Lastly, it's Adams coin, and truly, if you don't like how he's driving, then sell off and get off. No one's forcing you to spend your bitcoin here.

Edit: Something I may be on board with would be perhaps asking Adam to spread the coin distribution out over a longer period of time, reducing the debatable effect on the coins price. 5 million coins mined over 5 years might make more sense than mined over 2 years. But let's be patient and see what he has planned.

Halving 10210 blocks
Target spacing 1 min

Try to sell 1.440.000 coins per day for a week and tell me the price won't crash. Or you really think roughly 120-160 BTC worth of coins will get soaked just on the first week to keep the price? Even if only 30% of that would get dumped it would crash. Have you looked at the market cap and typical daily volume of this coin?

Who's selling 1,440,000 coins per day? Where did you get that number from? I think your numbers are off because you don't need a calculator to know that 1.4 million coins per day would be impossible

Edit: And yes! I pay very close attention to market cap and trajectory of this coin   Cheesy
Despite a few setbacks, this coin isn't going anywhere. The weak hands are being shaken out and it's really not a bad thing to happen.

I'm obviously missing something but there's not much details I could find other than the planned specs so I went with that. And there is no mention of a distribution period of 2 years that I could find.

So now I'm lost because the posted x11 specs doesn't add up anyway you look at it to what you're describing. Whatever the case, what I'm interested in is the public pow specs for the remaining ~5kk coins.

Sorry if my confusion caused even more confusion.

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:32:51 PM

Halving 10210 blocks
Target spacing 1 min

Who's selling 1,440,000 coins per day? Where did you get that number from? I think your numbers are off because you don't need a calculator to know that 1.4 million coins per day would be impossible

Edit: And yes! I pay very close attention to market cap and trajectory of this coin   Cheesy
Despite a few setbacks, this coin isn't going anywhere. The weak hands are being shaken out and it's really not a bad thing to happen.

I'm obviously missing something but there's not much details I could find other than the planned specs so I went with that. And there is no mention of a distribution period of 2 years that I could find.

So now I'm lost because the posted x11 specs doesn't add up anyway you look at it to what you're describing. Whatever the case, what I'm interested in is the public pow specs for the remaining ~5kk coins.

Sorry if my confusion caused even more confusion.

Nothing has been put in ink yet, so don't worry, this is the correct venue to voice concerns. How would you feel if there are 82,000 coins released per week? Does that seem balanced?

That would mean 8.13 coins/block with 1 min spacing which would have no effect on the price. If anything, the fact that it would be mineable again might introduce the coin to more people so it might even increase the price. I'd be completely fine with even higher block rewards, it's just that I completely misunderstood the situation.

Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 07:32:33 PM

I have a feeling after the Cannabis Cup in April, Maryjanecoin's price will go through the roof! Even with another 5million! Smiley
dararel

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

:)if everything goes so smooth, I hope to return my lost coins in new wallet?Huh =96000MJ add=MWirY98Znyhqk2EfiaQjQB4sArjbbVy7yC
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:47:01 PM

:)if everything goes so smooth, I hope to return my lost coins in new wallet?Huh =96000MJ add=MWirY98Znyhqk2EfiaQjQB4sArjbbVy7yC

Did you do what richiela said to do?

I'm having trouble withdrawing maryjanecoins from c-cex, does anyone know anything about that?
HYPster

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:40:18 AM

This whole wallet thing is turning into a CLUSTERFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit Adam why didn't you release the wallet when I said??? You could've avoided all of this shit that is happening right now. My wallet won't even work anymore. Fix now PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:00:30 AM

Whats the latest version of the wallet?  The github has 1.1, but the block explorer show nodes with 1.2?  I'm disabling our wallet for the time being cause we're stuck on block 319848.

thanks,
richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:10:32 AM

This whole wallet thing is turning into a CLUSTERFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit Adam why didn't you release the wallet when I said??? You could've avoided all of this shit that is happening right now. My wallet won't even work anymore. Fix now PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude you need to relax. As with most developers, Adam is not developing MaryJ full time, he has a full time job and still makes great progress. Just sell your coins. If you can't be patient and just chill out then I ask you, please sell your bag. I'm sure Adam is going to get to it, he loves the coin more than you do, and his energy is perfect for maryj. I wouldn't put my bitcoin with anyone else, he's never going to screw anyone over.

+1

No more negative comments on here. If you're not here to help and support Adam then sell your coins and move on. It's only been a half year. It started out at 170sat or something like that. Now its between 12-1500sat, that doesn't sound like a stagnant coin to me. We could possibly see a 10-20 cent MaryJaneCoin before the month of April is over!     

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
balladofjpeg

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:25:14 PM

Dude you need to relax. As with most developers, Adam is not developing MaryJ full time, he has a full time job and still makes great progress. Just sell your coins. If you can't be patient and just chill out then I ask you, please sell your bag. I'm sure Adam is going to get to it, he loves the coin more than you do, and his energy is perfect for maryj. I wouldn't put my bitcoin with anyone else, he's never going to screw anyone over.

thats true, but of course thats an altcoin and works with wallet, developer and software, this isnt a MJ start up. some times looks more like a start up focus on cannabis, and it may will be successfull in real life, but like altcoin it need to be more technic and present or investors leave the boat. look at the chart, incredible pressure on sell, no one is dumping for now but if someone dump 1btc we are back to 500sat
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: