Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MaryJanecoin LLC The Bitcoin of the Cannabis Industry and Community  (Read 338757 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:48:53 AM

The new wallet I saw was really basic, didn't even have Coin Control. If your going to clone then why not use better source?

Marketcap estimations are out of the window, the base marketcap value of a basic cloned source with a small number of participants is 2-8k USD

It cannot be said where every Coin can be a 300 million marketcap, if not marketed and developed a Coin can achieve $0 marketcap.

You no like spurdocoin?

Did you see where the 1440 blocks a day is contradicted with 144 a day in the code?

Edit: the original was much better. I know you did not find the source, but, as I said before, the front end was certainly silkcoin or an iteration thereof.

Yeah the old one looked nicer and had more features, it would be like downgrading.

If you have time, because you are much more knowledgeable than me, I assure you, regarding wallet code, would you look at the difficulty adjustment, please?

It seems fairly basic, but what do you make of it? In layman's terms. Looks like just one division to me?

Edit: Also, did you see the 1440 blocks/day vs 144 blocks/day issue I mentioned? And would that create a clash of some kind?

Whish source is it? What file? and What line?

You know you could just clone PayCon.... It has theme's, litestake, multi-send, stake for charity, statistics, irc chat, links to social media and forums, and lots of extra handy RPC calls and that. You would just take out the couple Forks, change the links and data in the statistics, maybe an afternoon of work.

+1

Do you know if Adam would be open to that?

I believe he would be.

If he agreed to do this, what would be the total supply of coins?

This option would not include POW right?

It can include POW if you want it to, you just set it at what you want. You could do it as initial Blocks for the premine, zero reward then POW to get it going. ColossusCoin2 is also cross compiled source and much cleaner from forks but just finishing adding the newest stuff. PayCon is 1 minute blocktime with 2-14 day min/max age and 30 Coins, and colossuscoin2 is 2 minute blocktime with 7/28 day min max age and 5000 Coin POS reward. It uses a static reward, you could copy ColossusCoin2 as with the POS reward as it's a bit simpler and is close to what you want as it's premined.

Edit: If you are thinking about this route, the best way I can describe for you is to use ColossusCoin2, search and replace the names and commit it. Take PayCon and search and replace the names and replace the first source with the second one so you can see the differences. The main files that are always the differences are the src folder and everything the the qt folder minus the res folder, you might get confused if overlapping docs and contribution folders but really they don't mean too much.

Honestly, why is anyone even suggesting using a new wallet versus fixing the original? Granted paycon has some features the original did not, but maryj1.0 also has features that paycon does not. The features that paycon brings to the table are negligible at best.

This idea of forcing a change that in all reality only does one thing which is to add ~5 million coins is more or less transparent.

I don't mind either way what you guys do, I was just offering suggestions. I went through MaryJ's wallet a while ago and PayCon does have all the same features plus many more, specifically

Litestake which consumes about 100 times less CPU power, Multisend and Stakeforcharity that lets you send portions of your Stake to other addresses, Coin control on RPC calls, checkwallet and repairwallet GUI, enable/disable returnchange, combobox (pick blocks by size, weight, or total), Splitblock (split your Blocks for higher reward), delete address RPC and GUI, rescan from blockheight RPC call, delete address RPC and GUI, orphan removal, sorting transactions by date range (useful for Stake during a given period), sorting of Coin control by age and weight, inwallet links to Exchanges, Youtube, Forums, Reddit, Twitter and Facebook and swappable theme's. I'm probably forgetting a few as well.

What is the same is the statistics page, in-wallet Block explorer, and IRC chat.

K, so I'm not exactly sure where the retargeting comes in for MaryJ 1.0 but if you figure it out, you still could add all those things to the wallet as they are all great stuff to have.

If you DO want to go the route of using PayCon's source, I'll even code it up for free for you guys. You could still do 5% inflation per year in the first year but use a static reward and so that would reduce slightly over time as compared to the money supply but with a static reward there isn't always 100% Stake rate so those that are Staking could achieve around 10-15% per year with a maximum loss of 5% if you never Staked.

The reason I would code it for free is because you'd be making an android wallet so if it's all running smoothly for you guys then it isn't much trouble to make one for PayCon as well, plus all source changes of either would help both.

There is also the case that if you are using a new genesis, you trim off all the extra data. The proper way would be to load all the addresses as a redeem script through private keys (although I have never done it), trusting someone to hold the Coins as a swap is a bit of a gamble.

Shoot some ideas
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Troublesome96

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:02:47 AM

The new wallet I saw was really basic, didn't even have Coin Control. If your going to clone then why not use better source?

Marketcap estimations are out of the window, the base marketcap value of a basic cloned source with a small number of participants is 2-8k USD

It cannot be said where every Coin can be a 300 million marketcap, if not marketed and developed a Coin can achieve $0 marketcap.

You no like spurdocoin?

Did you see where the 1440 blocks a day is contradicted with 144 a day in the code?

Edit: the original was much better. I know you did not find the source, but, as I said before, the front end was certainly silkcoin or an iteration thereof.

Yeah the old one looked nicer and had more features, it would be like downgrading.

If you have time, because you are much more knowledgeable than me, I assure you, regarding wallet code, would you look at the difficulty adjustment, please?

It seems fairly basic, but what do you make of it? In layman's terms. Looks like just one division to me?

Edit: Also, did you see the 1440 blocks/day vs 144 blocks/day issue I mentioned? And would that create a clash of some kind?

You know you could just clone PayCon.... It has theme's, litestake, multi-send, stake for charity, statistics, irc chat, links to social media and forums, and lots of extra handy RPC calls and that. You would just take out the couple Forks, change the links and data in the statistics, maybe an afternoon of work.

+1

I believe he would be.

It can include POW if you want it to, you just set it at what you want. You could do it as initial Blocks for the premine, zero reward then POW to get it going. ColossusCoin2 is also cross compiled source and much cleaner from forks but just finishing adding the newest stuff. PayCon is 1 minute blocktime with 2-14 day min/max age and 30 Coins, and colossuscoin2 is 2 minute blocktime with 7/28 day min max age and 5000 Coin POS reward. It uses a static reward, you could copy ColossusCoin2 as with the POS reward as it's a bit simpler and is close to what you want as it's premined.

Edit: If you are thinking about this route, the best way I can describe for you is to use ColossusCoin2, search and replace the names and commit it. Take PayCon and search and replace the names and replace the first source with the second one so you can see the differences. The main files that are always the differences are the src folder and everything the the qt folder minus the res folder, you might get confused if overlapping docs and contribution folders but really they don't mean too much.

Honestly, why is anyone even suggesting using a new wallet versus fixing the original? Granted paycon has some features the original did not, but maryj1.0 also has features that paycon does not. The features that paycon brings to the table are negligible at best.

This idea of forcing a change that in all reality only does one thing which is to add ~5 million coins is more or less transparent.

I don't mind either way what you guys do, I was just offering suggestions. I went through MaryJ's wallet a while ago and PayCon does have all the same features plus many more, specifically

Litestake which consumes about 100 times less CPU power, Multisend and Stakeforcharity that lets you send portions of your Stake to other addresses, Coin control on RPC calls, checkwallet and repairwallet GUI, enable/disable returnchange, combobox (pick blocks by size, weight, or total), Splitblock (split your Blocks for higher reward), delete address RPC and GUI, rescan from blockheight RPC call, delete address RPC and GUI, orphan removal, sorting transactions by date range (useful for Stake during a given period), sorting of Coin control by age and weight, inwallet links to Exchanges, Youtube, Forums, Reddit, Twitter and Facebook and swappable theme's. I'm probably forgetting a few as well.

What is the same is the statistics page, in-wallet Block explorer, and IRC chat.

K, so I'm not exactly sure where the retargeting comes in for MaryJ 1.0 but if you figure it out, you still could add all those things to the wallet as they are all great stuff to have.

If you DO want to go the route of using PayCon's source, I'll even code it up for free for you guys. You could still do 5% inflation per year in the first year but use a static reward and so that would reduce slightly over time as compared to the money supply but with a static reward there isn't always 100% Stake rate so those that are Staking could achieve around 10-15% per year with a maximum loss of 5% if you never Staked.

The reason I would code it for free is because you'd be making an android wallet so if it's all running smoothly for you guys then it isn't much trouble to make one for PayCon as well, plus all source changes of either would help both.

There is also the case that if you are using a new genesis, you trim off all the extra data. The proper way would be to load all the addresses as a redeem script through private keys (although I have never done it), trusting someone to hold the Coins as a swap is a bit of a gamble.

Shoot some ideas

Does paycon offer alias addresses like MaryJaneID. I honestly feel like that is the best feature that the original wallet had, especially in regards to merchant adoption, which should be the highest priority of any coin.

Edit: And again, why not just fix the original wallet? And maybe add any additional functionality like for instance qr codes, down the road? I hope all can see that I am only looking out for maryj.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:06:56 AM

You no like spurdocoin?

+1

I believe he would be.

Shoot some ideas

Does paycon offer alias addresses like MaryJaneID. I honestly feel like that is the best feature that the original wallet had, especially in regards to merchant adoption, which should be the highest priority of any coin.

Edit: And again, why not just fix the original wallet? And maybe add any additional functionality like for instance qr codes, down the road?

Ok, lets see if we can fix the current one then.
Troublesome96

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:10:57 AM

You no like spurdocoin?

+1

I believe he would be.

Shoot some ideas

Edit: And again, why not just fix the original wallet? And maybe add any additional functionality like for instance qr codes, down the road?

I will say that the light staking that you have in paycon is very nice. Do you have active users using it on rasberry pi's? That being integrated into the original wallet would be awesome.

Edit: and any exchange should be handled through a trusted escrow.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:17:42 AM

You no like spurdocoin?

+1

I believe he would be.

Shoot some ideas

I will say that the light staking that you have in paycon is very nice. Do you have active users using it on rasberry pi's? That being integrated into the original wallet would be awesome.

Yes litestake was first implemented in HyperStake and allows you to run the client on something as small as a raspberry pi.
Troublesome96

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:08:20 AM

You no like spurdocoin?

+1

I believe he would be.

Shoot some ideas

Yes litestake was first implemented in HyperStake and allows you to run the client on something as small as a raspberry pi.

Hyperstake as in HYPER? the coin oriented to game payouts? This is not a facetious question because if the answer is yes then it is a small world.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:22:53 AM

You no like spurdocoin?

+1

I believe he would be.

Shoot some ideas

Hyperstake as in HYPER? the coin oriented to game payouts? This is not a facetious question because if the answer is yes then it is a small world.

No they are two different Coins but I know have worked a bit with Joe Lee.
LostButFound

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:17:51 PM

Is there going to be a new thread for MaryJ 2.0 or you will only change the title ? Any fresh news ?

What's up with Plans & Features from the first page ? What has been done completely, what is going to happen soon and what is planned for the future ?

What happened to ATM's ?
lar0che

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:18:18 PM

What is the major complication with fixing the existing coin?  Why would we further dilute the value of it by adding additional coins?   Undecided
Troublesome96

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

What is the major complication with fixing the existing coin?  Why would we further dilute the value of it by adding additional coins?   Undecided

I have the same concerns.
Troublesome96

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:13:03 PM

Is there going to be a new thread for MaryJ 2.0 or you will only change the title ? Any fresh news ?

What's up with Plans & Features from the first page ? What has been done completely, what is going to happen soon and what is planned for the future ?

What happened to ATM's ?

Fresh news...no.

What has been done is reflected in the op.

ATM's were bold face lies: (exposed that months ago and of course with no response)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793704.msg11197913#msg11197913
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:51:44 PM

Jahvinci, anything new? Is there anything you would like us to look into that might help this process?

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
M1CHA3LH

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:41:21 AM

Adam sayd yesterday to me he is deciding which wallet to choose from some different coders.

When the wallet is ready he announce it here a few hours for the release, so BUY in NOW when the price is cheap

1 MARYJ coin is pegged to 1 gram concentrate in the upcoming months, so the price probably go up to 10-15$!

An MARYJ to USD market is also on the roadmap
?!bennscammed!?

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:54:56 AM

Adam sayd yesterday to me he is deciding which wallet to choose from some different coders.

When the wallet is ready he announce it here a few hours for the release, so BUY in NOW when the price is cheap

1 MARYJ coin is pegged to 1 gram concentrate in the upcoming months, so the price probably go up to 10-15$!

An MARYJ to USD market is also on the roadmap

Nice to read that.

And excuse me that question, but arent there USD markets yet?
https://c-cex.com/?p=maryj-usd

and on https://bleutrade.com there was one too. but it seems they have closed the MaryJ trading  Angry
LostButFound

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:12:26 PM

This would get really interesting if some whales come along. With a working wallet of course...
MaryJ (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Managing Director of Maryjanecoin LLC

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:22:11 AM

Getting the Dark Gravity Wave. 420 coin rewards halves every 500 blocks with 15 seconds in between blocks . Get ready to mine next Friday.

I think the 15 seconds in between blocks will really make a difference in being able to have 15 second transactions for the retail aspect as when people are waiting in a dispensary at a register the faster the better .

Sorry for the delay but Im getting some pros this time to make sure this goes smoothly.

Thanks for the help everyone esp Jahvinchi

-Adam

Maryjanecoin.org
MaryJ (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Managing Director of Maryjanecoin LLC

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:23:41 AM

We will be back on bleutrade im sure after the new wallet is going. I helped them out a lot last year...kinda why they added the coin while it was in ico still.

Maryjanecoin.org
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:02:43 PM

Getting the Dark Gravity Wave. 420 coin rewards halves every 500 blocks with 15 seconds in between blocks . Get ready to mine next Friday.

I think the 15 seconds in between blocks will really make a difference in being able to have 15 second transactions for the retail aspect as when people are waiting in a dispensary at a register the faster the better .

Sorry for the delay but Im getting some pros this time to make sure this goes smoothly.

Thanks for the help everyone esp Jahvinchi

-Adam

15 seconds between blocks is generally not so good because it creates more orphans, you would have many Blocks trying to reach each other at once. 1 minute is generally fine, they could wait off to the side for a moment as you help someone else to make sure it goes through, or assume the risk. It takes more than 1 minute in order to do a debit transaction most times anyways.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:43:48 PM

We will be back on bleutrade im sure after the new wallet is going. I helped them out a lot last year...kinda why they added the coin while it was in ico still.

A few questions. Once the new wallet is released, will we still be doing the swap over, not only from our old QT wallets, but from C-cex and Bittrex as well? Bleutrade I believe is the only exchange that completely kick MaryJaneCoin off it's sight. I lost coins on there because of it. Tried to get one of them to talk to me about it, no luck. Will I be getting my coins back from them? When you say mining starts next Friday, do you mean tomorrow or the following Friday? Just wanted to be clear on that.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LostButFound

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:29:42 PM

@Jahvinci

How are the negotiations with Richie from Bittrex going on regarding coin swap ? Any news on that ?

And why there's no some more photos and videos from Denver's event... You said there'll be much of that... Why do we have to wait so long ? Adam was here and he didn't post anything... Any results, data, anything ?

I am just asking normally :/
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: