Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:32:11 AM

Does this mean our CK accounts will be tallied up to Poloniex accounts or does each holder have to create a new Poloniex account for selling CKG?

I would venture to believe that it's possible to use your existing account.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:00:50 AM

We had a rare meeting in Berlin with about 69% of CKG in attendance (mainly belonging to me, HH The CEO Riccardo, and The Prince of Soul). The following points were brought to discussion:

1. The game has greater aims than just succeeding as a game. It was conceived as a cryptocurrency propagation tool, and this propagation includes having elements in the game that appeal to existing monero- and cryptousers, and to newcoming ones, and also the possibility to convert the different classes of gamers to crypto owners/users.

2. Our own resources are not fungible nor scalable. There is only a very limited pool of strategic thinking, limited access to coders that can deliver, and despite having some funds, we haven't yet found ways to spend them to increase the EV of the project. We are spending at the optimal pace and that is not very much at present. The later stages of the game will possibly allow prudent spending of additional money.

3. In many projects, the time-to-market is absolutely crucial. This was the thinking concerning this game as well, but now after 7 months into the game already, the market is by and large at the same situation as it was then, and we cannot say that the delays have significantly negatively impacted the likelihood of the eventual success, nor made the payoff from that success smaller. Yet this is debatable of course - the fact that XMR/USD is now 33% as it was when this was started can be used to justify the opposite opinion as well.

4. There is nothing to be gained from intentionally delaying the release of V.4, so it will happen as soon as it is ready, with the planned features. There is no need to inquire me about the schedule as I don't know it. We were unanimous that some past decisions could have worked out better some other way, but there is no reversing them right now, so we should concentrate to continue the project in the way to maximize the success-probability universe from now on.

5. CK market cap persists at about 10% of XMR marketcap. This is actually quite a lot, considering that CK has only a handful of active players and only 100 characters in total! It follows that CK users trust significantly more of their capital in CK than the average Monero owner trusts in XMR. If this trend has any staying power in the future as V.4 is released (and unless the release flops totally in terms of playercount), we soon see the situation where either CK overtakes XMR in terms of marketcap, or the XMR marketcap will have to adjust upwards in accordance.

6. In the longer term, it is an interesting option to develop CK to be the main UI for XMR use, to adopt the blockchain-secured private currency ingame such that the players feel secure to use it IRL circumstances as well in the future, perhaps via the partially-ingame wallet that they already have been used to. It is a very natural path to drive virtual currency adoption (both as a store of value and medium of exchange) from the virtual economy onwards, as there the benefits over other store-of-value and payment options are the most overarching. Virtual currency (BTC) has struggled to gain much foothold in physical daily transactions and is a total curiosity even after 6.5 years.

7. The medium term (V.5-V.7) designing of the game has progressed nicely and many updates have been posted here as well. This is important in order to be able to release these versions quickly after V.4, as these versions are relatively design-heavy and relatively light on the development side as all the essential frontend and backend components have already been released in V.4.

8. CK possesses the same characteristics as cryptocurrency in general does. The way to victory is not always the shortest, nor quickest, nor the most obvious. Instead of committing all to one make it-or-break it attempt, we will have to play along with the market, carefully retaining the position to "strike" and achieve a major success when the circumstances present themselves. Instead of overcommitting to rally the troops when there is no software available, I happily spend the paused time in making sure the position is as good as possible when it comes.

9. It is possible to trade most of game resources now, but I would exhort everyone to concentrate in their other projects still for some more time, because it will turn very interesting in this game when V.4 comes out, and then it will consume a lot of everyone's time. At that point everyone has a realistic way to contribute to the game's success, and at that point I would like everyone to be there, doing their part.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:53:38 PM

5. CK market cap persists at about 10% of XMR marketcap. This is actually quite a lot, considering that CK has only a handful of active players and only 100 characters in total! It follows that CK users trust significantly more of their capital in CK than the average Monero owner trusts in XMR. If this trend has any staying power in the future as V.4 is released (and unless the release flops totally in terms of playercount), we soon see the situation where either CK overtakes XMR in terms of marketcap, or the XMR marketcap will have to adjust upwards in accordance.

I would be surprised if CK overtook XMR, but I can see it continuing to retain a significant chunk of the market cap as more players join the game and add their XMR to it.

6. In the longer term, it is an interesting option to develop CK to be the main UI for XMR use, to adopt the blockchain-secured private currency ingame such that the players feel secure to use it IRL circumstances as well in the future, perhaps via the partially-ingame wallet that they already have been used to. It is a very natural path to drive virtual currency adoption (both as a store of value and medium of exchange) from the virtual economy onwards, as there the benefits over other store-of-value and payment options are the most overarching. Virtual currency (BTC) has struggled to gain much foothold in physical daily transactions and is a total curiosity even after 6.5 years.

It would be amazing if you could order real items online while playing CK. I could have a shop on the main street that sells music equipment, get paid in CKG, and actually ship it to the person IRL!!  This idea needs some serious consideration, as it is the perfect venue for it (even works on mobile)!  This could drive adoption. Imagine if mainstream media caught on to the game and saw it as a way for people to shop virtually in-game. The possibilities are endless!

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

This news is just as deeply appreciated as its content is fully expected.  HM has at once both presaged the things to come as well as accurately telegraphed expectations thus far.  It is with gratitude that this notice is received, for the tireless work and heroic efforts by those gathered at the summit.

We are not frustrated by anticipation, we are not suffering for hope, we are not upset by our eagerness.
We prepare, knowing only that we can never be fully prepared for what is to come.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:29:34 PM

We will be waiting  Smiley

btw, as there's a finite amount of CKG, and with only a 100 users we're already at 40% XMR price, I do expect us to overcome monero one day  Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:03:13 PM

Hello! What I can do for now?
Build or buy something.. or buy labors..
Is there step-by-step manual or somethink easere than this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8bqiuTGRuKpaFRXak9HNG1jYjQ/view ?
Sorry, but it hard to read with my English level..+)

Welcome back proride!! Smiley - Let the others answer the questions!

sphericon

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:01:48 AM

Is there step-by-step manual or somethink easere than this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8bqiuTGRuKpaFRXak9HNG1jYjQ/view ?

Why yes, there is the "Quickstart" guide that I wrote here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bSAIQjnhEIZfuIX7IaYiuw1Y-3PvnNPfQqAfl_AFOcY/edit

perhaps that will help you a bit Smiley

thud

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:28:44 AM

Hello gents and gentelerets,

I would be interested in buying some gold (1000 - 5000 units). I will pay with blockchain Moneros. Please drop me your offers in a pm and we conclude the deal there.
proride

Activity: 367
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

Why yes, there is the "Quickstart" guide that I wrote here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bSAIQjnhEIZfuIX7IaYiuw1Y-3PvnNPfQqAfl_AFOcY/edit

perhaps that will help you a bit Smiley

TY!

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

If looking for some entertainment to fill some of the waiting hours, may I suggest a good book?

REAMDE by Neil Stephenson (Snowcrash, Cryptonomicon, et al)
"The breathtaking tale of a wealthy tech entrepreneur caught in the very real crossfire of his own online fantasy war game"

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sphericon

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:33:16 AM

I would be interested in buying some gold (1000 - 5000 units). I will pay with blockchain Moneros. Please drop me your offers in a pm and we conclude the deal there.

Normally I'd be all over some CK transactions, but I think I want to hold onto the gold that I have. It's hard to come by these days!

bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:25:26 PM

Hello players, do we have an ETA when the online version will be released?
Thanks.

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:05:35 AM

Normally I'd be all over some CK transactions, but I think I want to hold onto the gold that I have. It's hard to come by these days!

The expectation is for CKG to go above 1 XMR at some point, at this embryonic stage I don't think anyone has much incentive to part with gold OTC right now.

That would make the current King's sell price of 0.473 XMR/CKG a bargain.

Of course, my viewpoint could be biased as I have about 30k CKG. But I'm not interested in just making money, I enjoy playing the game. So I would perhaps consider selling some when price reaches 10 XMR each, or if I am in some dire financial straits.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

If looking for some entertainment to fill some of the waiting hours, may I suggest a good book?

REAMDE by Neil Stephenson (Snowcrash, Cryptonomicon, et al)
"The breathtaking tale of a wealthy tech entrepreneur caught in the very real crossfire of his own online fantasy war game"

Thanks, I will check it out.

I read another good book recently:

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
"A hilariously funny and deeply serious meditation on the nature and uses of the mind."

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:14:46 PM

the developers should first focus on real developent , instead of making some stupid nonsense childish game Roll Eyes

what do you mean?

He means that CK is threatening his worldview in which all the cryptocoins should exist as speculative instruments only, without any use or purpose, real or virtual.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:50:08 AM

The specification process of Crypto Kingdom - Ultima has started

The version 4: Reconstruction is proceeding. I have already seen the gaming software, which is not yet playable but contains most of the UI functionality and (I cannot verify) the backend functionality. The scope is as previously announced. The betatesting will be carried out with the people who know they are selected. We have 2-a-week meetings to hone the details.

But the subject of this post is the concurrent specification of the Ultima. The design philosophy is different from the current design process (which as we all know had issues). This time we start from all possible future features, and work backwards, cutting and merging features that are redundant, and generalize the rest as much as possible. It currently seems that the resource based economy can be abstracted to as little as 3 main subsystems(!)

- Human subsystem creates the characters, who emit labor, and require food, drink, clothes and shelter, and eventually die
- Grid subsystem is the registry of physical world from duchies to items, and their locations, logistics etc
- Transformer subsystem is a collection of conditions, rules, and formulas, which govern the changes of state of the world.

CK Ultima (I repeat the title so that you would not think this is V.4 Wink )

Human subsystem

- one realyear = 52 gameyears, one char may live up to a year
- PC and NPC are equal, with NPC having an AI to make some choices for it
 Labor generation
  - generates a unit of labor 3/day = about 1,000 units per lifetime
  - essential component in work, study, and many activities
  - a few units of labor can be saved, the excess is lost if unspent
 Food sink
  - daily a meal and a drink need to be enjoyed in the restaurants
 Health, sickness and death subsystem
  - health starts at 100% and is displayed to the char in a 5-scale; 0%=> death
  - main drivers of health are age, food, drink, sickness, injuries and living conditions
  - temporary health changes from boosters or light sickness are reversible

Grid subsystem

- Defines the world and its structures, both countryside and urban
- Countryside has a huge potential to yield minerals, food etc, when harnessed properly
- Urban is important for communication and production of consumer goods etc
- Items are localized at rooms, and one room can be as small as desired (and as big as up to an undeveloped chapelry in town, or a huge land in the countryside)
- Items have weight and volume
- Logistics are realistic, the ox drivers actually order the caravan to move to a place, and it arrives hours later, no (or very little) shortcuts, only in things such as automatic emptying of small rooms

Transformer subsystem

Defines all formulas (the list of formulas can be expanded at will) how:
- Work is achieved from Labor (labor units with skill) and Capital (consisting of tools, machines, organization, etc)
- Work can be used to convert items to other items (very broadly), for example a building company might set up BuildingSiteArea51 to the Lot where a palace will be built. First they select the appropriate "Work generation formula" that makes use of their resources, and then summon the resources to the site. When time passes and Labor is poured to the factory, BuildingPoints (Work) come from the other end, and once enough of them is generated, the Palace can be built.

The building is a conversion operation where this Work, the Stone, Windows, and other resources (luxuries will be phased out), are merged to become a Building (or several).
- A much smaller example might be to use a Blacksmith'sWork point and some metal to make a small amulet, or a big one why not.

Discussion

This is a very fundamental way to think what actually happens in the game. It is Human Action (thanks Mises) that is directed to other characters, concepts and virtuo-physical things in the game. To the extent that the state of the virtuo-physical world is changed, the characters set up transformers to refine the resources into a more desirable form. They always need to apply labor of some kind at least, in some stage of the process.

The ultimate sink of value is the sustenance system. When characters eat or drink, or their clothes or houses undergo wear and deterioration, this is the value (in kind) that leaves the equation. (Of course excess housing, industrial capital, and luxuries also undergo depreciation.)

The new value that comes, is the labor the characters generate. With higher skill, the labor yields more Work. With more capital, better technology, and more efficient organization, the productivity can be increased. This requires more skilled workers, and better working conditions, which translates to higher standard of living, so the factories in some distant future will pour out iPhones for all the characters...

Until now, I haven't mentioned money. Money is a unit of account and a means of transferring and storing value. It is not involved in production. Some people say that we could do without money. I haven't found this credible just yet at least. What Adam Smith said, and many before and after him, it is the common unit of account that makes financial planning possible both in the big (whether to build a new factory) and in the small (how the pencil is most efficiently assembled using up to 80 production steps by dozens of actors, none of whom could make the pencil by himself, all of whom guided by nothing but price information alone).

A restaurant from here onwards, will be a transformer of raw food to enjoyable meals. The monetary side is of course there - all inputs cost money, so it follows that the output must cost as well. But the structure of Pools in V.3-V.4 will be phased out in most cases and replaced by atomic interaction driven by the basic needs of sustenance (blindly enforced by the game) and vanity (enforced by the players themselves).

All monetary economy will reconstruct itself as the most efficient means of brokering between the actors in different stages of the production and economy.

All other game concepts from highway robbers to space program will be able to be defined in terms of the 3 Subsystems.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 11:30:09 AM

This all sounds very similar to what we are doing with MUDgaard and such, except that MUDgaard and its ilk are a little closer to the cryptocoin-mining experience in that just like you start a mining machine or program and leave it running 24/7 to mine cryptocoins you start a character or characters and leave it running 24/7 sleeping when it is tired, eating when it is hungry and so on, mining stuff or harvesting stuff or making stuff or heck even conducting campaigns of aggression.

That is, in our approach the player's computer takes on the burden of controlling the player's characters, instead of the server-side doing all the character-control logic for you while you are offline.

(The civilisation-type-game aspects of the Milieu we handle at a different scale, by using FreeCiv to run an entire planet per FreeCiv instance providing the larger-scale backdrop in which the smaller scale can be placed, such as by using MUDs and Crossfire RPGs and such to allow individual characters to visit on the small scale cities and such that on the larger scale are part of a FreeCiv planet.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:24:24 PM

That sounds interesting!

Are you a designer or developer? In what phase is the project? What are the most important lessons we should learn?

Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:43:22 PM

Because of the recent developments, the King's Coinshop has reset the gold price upwards.

You can now sell your gold to us at 500,000 m/CKG. This is the all-time-high gold price denominated in XMR.

sphericon

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:52:54 PM

Because of the recent developments, the King's Coinshop has reset the gold price upwards.

You can now sell your gold to us at 500,000 m/CKG. This is the all-time-high gold price denominated in XMR.

Thank you for the offer, but there is no way I'm going to sell my CKG.  Hodling that.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: