Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:20:43 PM

The Literary Society in CryptoTown
For 5 SCI, you get 1 share (10,000 SCI needed, OZ has promised half)

The Earl of Grass would like to contribute 100 SCI for shares of The Literary Society
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 07:34:43 PM

Avitohol want to buy 6 shares for 30 SCI.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:33:48 PM

Avitohol want to buy 6 shares for 30 SCI.

Wow - the progress towards the goal is astounding. Only 21.9% remaining! You can see the situation in /LitSoc and subscribe yourself!

The land King previously had on offer was changed to a 100 mil cheaper, 4 q bigger and more centrally located lot in 3-N (thanks NewCorp!) In addition we have reserved 600 mil for the building, but more could be used (some of the land can be made rentals, to provide the income to offset the losses of book printing...  Tongue )

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:49:17 PM

Just a reminder that the B.6 chapelry auction is now at 1,238 mil. Two chapelries were sold at about 1,250 mil, seven remaining.

The Long Bond auction is now showing 1.1% APR. While it is obviously less than the up to 3% returns offered by the sweetest building deals (already 3 taken in 2-N), it is also much easier to administer, and both beats gold's 0.5% average return and comes at no downside risk of the principal!

Gold and bonds hedge each other nicely: It is possible to construct a portfolio that has 0% worst case and yet a nice upside over 1 realyear investment period. If you have 1,000 to invest, buy enough bonds to recoup the 1,000 after the year, and invest the rest in gold. Everything the gold yields is pure profit. The only risk is of course that the Town goes bankrupt but that is getting less and less of a concern - we are almost a year old now! Smiley

I am not bashing gold but trying to sell bonds, forgive me.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:53:31 PM

Greetings from NewCorp

NewCorp (#60) is established 1522 and reformed to its current business in 1600. The intention is to handle the Royal commercial assets, mainly land development and quarrying. In practice, NewCorp buys land in "chapelry auctions", waits, quarries it, tries to sell the stone, and zones the land for further use. We aim to mainly operate in wholesale.

In addition to the King, NewCorp has 4 other members (we are not seeking new members and trading with the stock is disallowed). The nominal share capital is currently 28.1 bil, making us the most valuable company in the game. We are also the largest holder of urban land.

We have released 3 chapelries from quarrying, and the land is offered at some of the best terms available, starting from 12.85 mil/q!

- In 3-N, the connector chapelry, large tracts are open next to the Culture & Science Boulevard going from the center to B.8
- In 5-SE, 2 very nice lots surrounded by streets throughout, facing south over Tavastia Boulevard are offered
- In 2-N, the connector chapelry to B.6, 7 lots are left after Lord Thud bought his. These are all gardened and feature a "Summer House", a 2-story 100% lux, all elaborate, pedestaled, terraced, high lobby, much windows construction, which is able to be used for rental, CUL or SCI. All except one have the view to the House of Magnificence, and the HofM park.

We seek to raise money quickly for the impending chapelry purchases, so the prices are very lucrative. The 2-N properties (even in their current state as mostly unbuilt, and centrality as "suburban" which might change to the better soon) yield ~3% APR.

Every time you buy from NewCorp (with the exception of stone trades worth <100 million), you get a NC1600C collector coin worth 3 CKG! If the value of the trade is 500 mil or more, 2 coins are given.

NewCorp actively manages the land & property portfolio, so don't expect the lots to only go down in price, they might also go up, and big lots may be rezoned to smaller ones, and houses built etc. Snatch the opportunity when it is present!

The Hypothecary Bank wants to announce that since the current NewCorp offerings are so tightly priced, 50% of the purchase price can be financed by a 30-year loan from the Bank at a cutthroat rate of 1.9% (50% is the standard, but the rate is variable based on the solidity of the collateral). This makes possible even profitable leveraged investments.

What is more, the King has not forgotten that not all Barons and higher have a tax-free haw. We are not giving free land at present, but since the area in 2-N is such magnificent (overlooking HofM and near the haw chapelry of 2-NW and the Summer Pavilion), every noble not already having a haw who buys a lot here, will have it designated as a haw (1 per char).

Sir Hokusai will purchase 2-N-N1 for 340
noms

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:27:24 PM

Greetings from NewCorp

Sir Hokusai will purchase 2-N-N1 for 340

I've done the transaction for Sir Hokusai, and also bought the property across the park from him for 440 mil. Hello neighbor! Smiley

Monero.
noms

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:40:11 PM

I am offering up about 1/2 of a chapelry for immediate sale, as I'm looking to raise funds for my new ventures (restaurant and carriage factory)!  These are built out 4q lots, completely gardened, and offering a building onsite.  Located in 3-S, these have had their prices reduced to 80 mil each.

If you want to get a building in the game now to take advantage of some of the dividends, these may be a more affordable option for you.

Monero.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:00:09 PM

Dr. SS, the King's Physician, is gifting his special 20 CKG pure gold goin SS1600T, obverse: ""MENS SANA IN CORPORE SANO" surrounding the Snake on the cross, below: "1600", reverse: "PALATIUM CULTURAE ET SCIENTIAE" surrounding the Palace of Culture & Science, below "SITUS A.D. 1559"", to other characters. He has not divulged the objective criteria, perhaps because he wants to retain the supreme right to give the coins according to his pleasure. (The same way as volumes have been written about Noble promotion even though the rule is "King's pleasure".)

Master Crichton and Master Mooo have been sent the coin, gold included, as is the custom these days.

Master Mooo thanks Dr. SS for his gracious gift.

Additionally, Mooo decides to buy lot 2-N-N5 for 340M from New Corp.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:07:09 PM

I am offering up about 1/2 of a chapelry for immediate sale, as I'm looking to raise funds for my new ventures (restaurant and carriage factory)!  These are built out 4q lots, completely gardened, and offering a building onsite.  Located in 3-S, these have had their prices reduced to 80 mil each.

If you want to get a building in the game now to take advantage of some of the dividends, these may be a more affordable option for you.

Sir binaryFate would like to buy the 6 lots G7-G12.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:41:41 AM

Any forecasts for the number of players we will have 1 month after the formal launch of the new web version? How about 6 months down the road. What percentage of players play for free vs those who purchase currency in game?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:27:06 AM

Sir binaryFate would like to buy the 6 lots G7-G12.

Lord noms has been lamenting that land is difficult to sell. We believe the latest examples of (above), and East Alley in Village, and 2-N, demonstrate that:
- You need one buyer who wants to buy the lot offered, among the hundred for sale. A combination of lot attributes and marketing, perhaps..
- The price needs to be right.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:33:20 AM

Any forecasts for the number of players we will have 1 month after the formal launch of the new web version? How about 6 months down the road. What percentage of players play for free vs those who purchase currency in game?

Currently about 25% of the characters have not deposited. Typically in these games, the number is about 90% or more though, and we expect similar to happen with us as well.

We are so small at present that even if we get 1000 players which is not a huge international success by any means, it corresponds to a 10x increase in characters, more than that in active characters, and likely a bit less than that in total playtime and deposits.

Karl Hungus

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:54:26 AM

OZ will buy G4, G5, G6
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:49:19 AM

Additionally, Mooo decides to buy lot 2-N-N5 for 340M from New Corp.

Since this has proven to be a winning concept, NewCorp strikes while the iron is hot and builds 5-SE-D1 and D2 also similarly. The exception is that these have 120% lux and have a view to San Pietro, and that they were primed to return more than 3% at the time of construction Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:54:16 AM

The Consol.

Consols are a combination of bond and equity - a perpetual obligation to pay a fixed sum per year.

The timing to introduce consols now is very auspicious. The Town is short on current funds due to the obligation to pay 13.5 bil to the King on the new boroughs (9 bil still unpaid). The boroughs do not immediately recoup the investment especially because of the 700 m/sqm/year extra tax in B.9, which causes the land values there to be lower than elsewhere.

The cash flows from this borough, when fully sold (and fully sold it will: the dutch auction is going to zero m, making it a risk-free purchase for anyone, because land can be surrendered to the Town to avoid paying the tax at any time), will amount to 94.5 mil per year. In addition to the existing ~12 mil fixed cash flows from 1-SE, this enables the issuance of 1,000 consols that pay a fixed 0.1 mil per year perpetually.

This fulfills the principle of hedging. I strongly advise (IRL) against entering to any obligations to deliver something that you don't always have, nor cannot reasonably produce. For instance a common loan is an obligation to pay back in currency units whose value is wholly decided by somebody else (central bankers), and that you don't have as a hedge (why would you need a loan if you did), nor have the right to issue. Obligations to sell something you have, or regularly trade with, or produce, are safe, because you are hedged so that the change in the valuation of the asset does not change your financial position (or more strictly: any amount of change cannot cause you financial ruin because you are not net short / naked short).

Therefore, the first consols may be issued as payment to the King for the new boroughs. The current pricing in the Long Bond auction suggests 1.1% APR, which translates to the consol price 0.1 mil / 1.1% = 9 mil/unit, which *1,000 = 9 bil, handily the same amount that the Town owes to the King.

So the net result of the financial trickery is that the Town gets the 2 boroughs for free, and offsets the (perpetual) positive cash flow from the extra land tax with the (perpetual) negative cash flow of having to pay the consols. The only risk to the Town is if the land is surrendered by the characters in the future to avoid the tax, which might happen in very high XMR valuations. Though in the event of very high XMR valuations, the Town can probably handle it Wink (The tax is only 0.3 XMR/q/real-month so does not become an issue for the owner any time soon - for comparison, the Expert-Master level salary from the Town is 9.1 XMR/real-month).

King is left feeling a bit puzzled. The deal seems straight, but somehow it feels that the Town is getting the sweeter half... The deal of this size will anyway be decided in the Town Council, and this is the preliminary announcement for it.

After the King gets the consols, he will naturally use them to make liquid bond markets, for the first time in the game. Until now, the market cap of even the largest bond issue has been ~1 bil, not allowing aftermarket. Now we get to the ~10 bil size. The CKG market is now at 765 bil and has suffered a little from the fragmentation due to the itemization.

noms

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:28:20 AM

Another quick land sale! I am looking to part with these three properties that are highlighted. i have recently lowered the prices. They include a completely gardened lot as well as building on site.

I am taking an additional 40M off right now for each property for the next 24 hours, so you can get them for 100, 100, and 140M respectably. First to respond gets em!

These are across the street from a 12q plot of land I am debating making into a park Smiley However, this land is also for sale for 280, and the same lowered perks are included: -40m + TEN bottles of RME!

Also included with each purchase for the next 24 hours: 5 bottles of RME (Expedition rum, a ~3m value!)

Monero.
noms

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:18:29 AM

Another quick land sale! I am looking to part with these three properties that are highlighted. i have recently lowered the prices. They include a completely gardened lot as well as building on site.

I am taking an additional 40M off right now for each property for the next 24 hours, so you can get them for 100, 100, and 140M respectably. First to respond gets em!

These are across the street from a 12q plot of land I am debating making into a park Smiley However, this land is also for sale for 280, and the same lowered perks are included: -40m + TEN bottles of RME!

Also included with each purchase for the next 24 hours: 5 bottles of RME (Expedition rum, a ~3m value!)

3-S-H1 has been snapped up, only 2 properties remain!

Monero.
noms

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:57:32 AM

A New Corp Competitor Emerges!

The idea of purchasing large tracts of land, quarrying them, and developing them has the potential to be quite lucrative. However, it requires large amounts of capital to buy and mine them. Because of this, Karl Hungus and Sir noms have entered into a partnership! Our partnership will revolve around purchasing chapelries, quarrying them, then dividing up the land and selling/developing it.

We have started this by purchasing land 6-E, and will be awaiting the ability to quarry quite soon.

Our partnership currently has no corp but may in the future once we sort out the particulars. We are looking forward to the quarrying bit and will see you guys in Borough 6!

Monero.
Karl Hungus

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:09:39 AM

A New Corp Competitor Emerges!

The idea of purchasing large tracts of land, quarrying them, and developing them has the potential to be quite lucrative. However, it requires large amounts of capital to buy and mine them. Because of this, Karl Hungus and Sir noms have entered into a partnership! Our partnership will revolve around purchasing chapelries, quarrying them, then dividing up the land and selling/developing it.

We have started this by purchasing land 6-E, and will be awaiting the ability to quarry quite soon.

Our partnership currently has no corp but may in the future once we sort out the particulars. We are looking forward to the quarrying bit and will see you guys in Borough 6!

I'm very pleased to join with Sir noms in this new and exciting venture! I'm sure our partnership will prove profitable for both of us, and good for CK generally. Working together makes us all stronger!!
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:12:33 PM

First Founder Carriages Built and Shipped!

Phaeton Carriage Works is very happy to announce that we have now delivered our first carriages! There were 4 possible to be built this year before we ran out of allocated labor points. Here they are, in order based upon order time:

HM_The_King               A 6-horse, very elaborate purple carriage with 100 CKG, at an early founder cost of: 200mil - TRC6-1, 1601 IC
Marquess of Rome        A 4-horse, most elaborate blue carriage with 50 CKG, at an early founder cost of: 44mil  - TRC4-11, 1601 IC
djjacket                       A 4-horse, most elaborate blue carriage, at an early founder cost of: 40mil  - TRC4-12, 1601 IC
Crichton                      A 2 horse, very elaborate blue carriage with 50 CKG, at an early founder cost of: 44mil    - TRC2-16, 1601 IC

Reminder: we already have over half of our labor for 1606 already allocated by 3 other orders, so please put your order in now if you wish to get a carriage in a realweek's time! The order form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14hk2kSQNwFJ47BFH9YN1Y2hozRILyi3H6c1RKjh_6zk/viewform

We will be taking the full order cost as a deposit on orders to ensure operating capital. If you want to see the cost calculator, please visit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=1122998271

You can see the base prices there, and modifying K5 and K9 will show the cost with silver/gold added.

Regards,
Phaeton Carriage Works

That's great news!
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: