Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286844 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 05:40:05 PM

Community support is shown in something as necessary as paying the explorer block
Indeed, it is very revealing of the level of community engagement. The chainz explorer is two days into the grace period before removal and, for anyone concerned about Gapcoin's liquidity (and its consequent functioning as a cryptocurrency), the possibility of its removal  is a major concern because that would block any efforts to extend Gapcoin's presence on exchanges. The low volume of GAP trading on Freiexchange is below coinmarketcap's cutoff but not for coingecko.

In other news, I have uploaded to mega.nz a tab-separated file of Gapcoin prime gap data running from block 0 to block 1095744 (2019-11-04T11:55:24Z). In order of appearance, columns and datatypes (resolvable at http://www.datypic.com/sc/xsd/s-datatypes.xsd.html) are:

"adder" (xsd:integer), "difficulty" (xsd:decimal), "gapstart" (xsd:positiveInteger), "height" (xsd:integer), "merit" (xsd:decimal), "shift" (xsd:integer), "time" (xsd:dateTime)

fwiw, I found much of interest in Dana Jacobsen's Quora answers, I found it well worth spending the time to work through the list.

Cheers

Graham

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 07:08:54 PM

This is a grassroots coin where the tech is more important than money.

There does seem to be some significant disagreement with your view, as evidenced by these not-exactly-old acquisitions dominating the current distribution (although, tbh, what they had in mind defeats me):

The Gapcoin network is rather shrunken atm:
Code:
213.174.0.251:42965
95.179.182.168:59006
171.25.193.77:33548

Apart from the fact that lightly-populated altcoin networks have a tendency to be brittle w.r.t forks, it's unclear to me whether the strength of the network atm is sufficient to generate significant merit results. I'm hoping that the situation will become clearer to me when I've had chance to process the data that I extracted.

Cheers

Graham
YuSoDum

Activity: 164
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 09:12:27 PM

All I need to do now for functionality of the pool is figure out how to install the gapcoin-stratum into the yiimp pool...and add the algo/config...Any ideas? I've been utilizing the google...
YuSoDum

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:16:52 PM

I'm willing to TRY to make a mining pool. I have an older desktop - an older workstation - that I originally had pfsense on but never ran it on my network here at home.
You could try resurrecting noncepool's old gapcoin-stratum pool, coupled with the corresponding Python implementation of gapcoin-hash.

Cheers,

Graham

Might you have some tips/tricks/quide on how I can accomplish this? I'm scratching my head on this one...
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:46:46 AM

Might you have some tips/tricks/quide on how I can accomplish this? I'm scratching my head on this one...
Sorry to learn that, but I'll have to take a raincheck on that one. I'm currently occupied in helping set up community curation of Tom Nicely's work, you can follow the discussion  here on the mersenneforum and I'm experiencing a modest degree of success.

If my calculations are correct, there are about 700-odd Gapcoin-discovered prime gaps of record merit yet to be added to the list. As has been observed here, Gapcoin's contribution to the domain of number theory is pretty much the sole raison d'être for the coin and it is likely to suffer badly if starved of the oxygen of a solid foundation for the curation of the existing list of prime gap+merit records.

Thus far, I've managed to get Tom Nicely's cplp4 gap-checking C code to compile under Linux and I have been able to extract all the gaps+merit from the blockchain and use cglp4 to compare them with the last list published (in August, I believe) by Tom Nicely. Some of the previous Gapcoin-discovered record gaps have been superseded by later gaps with more merit  (see below), others still stand - according to cglp4 at any rate - and there are some yet to be added.

A complete reconstruction of the history of the growth of the prime gap list from the first "up to a gap size of 2000" in 2000 to "a gap size of over 1 million" 2019 (scroll down, down, down) has proved infeasible. Over time, the list has grown significantly and, for presentation purposes, was originally separated into subsections (2000-4000, 4000-6000, 6000-8000, and so on).

Unfortunately, as can be clearly seen from the capture history of the g6k (6000-8000) list, there are huge gaps in the internet archive's historical coverage so there are huge temporal gaps in the record and changes mostly appear as huge indigestible chunks. According to the internet archive, Tom moved in 2015 to publishing an "allgaps.dat" list of all of the prime gap records but captures have been sporadic.

If you are interested, here the results of some of my preliminary work on a git representation of the update history of the prime gaps records list which I fabricated from internet archive saved pages (scroll down to line 2973 to see where one of Rob Smith's prime gap records with greater merit replaces the earlier Gapcoin record).

The last-published state of play of all the lists, along with the C sources of cglp4 are still available from Tom Nicely's web site. Currently, I'm working on the data presentation, I have remapped the allgaps.dat list into a sqlite3 database, for use with the Javascript sql.js library which allows one to import a sqlite3 database and pose SQL queries in the browser:

More to come later.

Cheers

Graham

YuSoDum

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 11:41:22 AM

Wow, that is really impressive work.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 12:48:21 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2019, 03:55:00 PM by BitcoinFX

Good morning community, I recently invested in the project because its concept seems interesting to me, I would like to help not only to buy the currency, but also what they consider useful, the community is what differentiates a dead project from one that still has Hope, then it is necessary that the community be more active, we all have the same common objective and that this currency has its rightful place (it is necessary that people who have several currencies participate more, if the project does not work that amount of the coins will be worth 0 )

Community support is shown in something as necessary as paying the explorer block

1) It is necessary to have a roadmap with marked objectives, in this way it would facilitate the inclusion of some developer, which would also help us to start a good exchange

3) Monetary liquidity is needed for this reason a new exchange is urgently needed

2) Coinmarket is a place where many people go, so it is necessary for the currency to reappear

3) Modernize the website design, I know that Bitcoin FX created a new one, we would try to redesign it to make it easier for the next investors (thanks bitcoinfx and Graham for the great support offered to the currency in recent years, without you this currency would forget)

With regard to the development of the currency that is the most important, what are the priorities at this time

regards

You want a coin that is run as a centralized business. This is a grassroots coin where the tech is more important than money. i.e. what Bitcoin used to be before all the money hungry leeches latched on and bastardized all of this stuff.

Good points made here by both of you. Gapcoin is certainly not style over substance.

Our https://gapcoin.club website is very basic indeed, however, a more shiny web design can of course be readily produced in time.

TBH the nodes came before the site and I just slapped php on the server to ensure a 2nd resource / backup (also being required by some exchanges for listings), when it appeared that the original developer seems to be no longer present.

Remember: They called Bitcoin a Blockchain. Satoshi originally referred to a Timechain [citation needed].

- https://media.giphy.com/media/5C3Zrs5xUg5fHV4Kcf/giphy.gif

It could be argued that the mathematical process in Gapcoin is in fact more Timechain than Blockchain.

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member." - Groucho Marx

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
YuSoDum

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 01:49:57 PM

I hate to say this....

But if supporters of this coin wish to have a pool - with my help - I will need some help with knowledge.

I have purchased a domain and been constantly tinkering with pool software as time allows, I have more azure credit I can use for a VM to host the site/software.

I have googled and asked in many forums and discord channels with minimal help received.

As much as I love the concept of this coin, I can't do anything but mine the coin unless someone steps up and helps me figure things out on the coding end.

I do not wish to waste my efforts nor anyone else's.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 02:40:06 PM

Dr Thomas Nicely

I'm saddened to learn that Dr Thomas Nicely died Wednesday, September 11, 2019, as a result of injuries sustained in a recent car accident.

I'm working my way through his website, saving the content for curation purposes (but I imagine that the internet archive has it all safely stashed) intending to explore the possibility of establishing the Gapcoin community as de facto collective curators of prime gap records.

Cheers

Graham

Very sad news indeed.

R.I.P. Dr Thomas Nicely

Whois Record for trNicely.net
- https://whois.domaintools.com/trnicely.net
Expires on 2020-07-28

Whois Record for GapCoin.org
- https://whois.domaintools.com/gapcoin.org
Expires on 2020-05-30

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 05:51:33 PM

Mr. Higgins, I look forward to seeing if the Gapcoin.org so called Sept. 2019 Gap Records is accurate from your work or if we are dealing with improper records which could lead to lots of other factors surrounding other things.  

When you get your work ported to your gjhiggins/gapcoin github I will update all my nodes.

Nice work sorting out the SSL 1.1 mess hope it all checks out.  So your able to build using the newest Ubuntu?

It is not good that posts disappear without a trace there should be a small line with a Post has been deleted and by which user and the reason visible to everyone why it was taken down.

Hopefully someone can pay bitcoin for the blockchain explorer but buying bitcoin personally is somewhat not possible. 

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 06:10:51 PM

Sorry to learn that, but I'll have to take a raincheck on that one. I'm currently occupied in helping set up community curation of Tom Nicely's work, you can follow the discussion  here on the mersenneforum and I'm experiencing a modest degree of success.

If my calculations are correct, there are about 700-odd Gapcoin-discovered prime gaps of record merit yet to be added to the list. As has been observed here, Gapcoin's contribution to the domain of number theory is pretty much the sole raison d'être for the coin and it is likely to suffer badly if starved of the oxygen of a solid foundation for the curation of the existing list of prime gap+merit records.

Thus far, I've managed to get Tom Nicely's cplp4 gap-checking C code to compile under Linux and I have been able to extract all the gaps+merit from the blockchain and use cglp4 to compare them with the last list published (in August, I believe) by Tom Nicely. Some of the previous Gapcoin-discovered record gaps have been superseded by later gaps with more merit  (see below), others still stand - according to cglp4 at any rate - and there are some yet to be added.

A complete reconstruction of the history of the growth of the prime gap list from the first "up to a gap size of 2000" in 2000 to "a gap size of over 1 million" 2019 (scroll down, down, down) has proved infeasible. Over time, the list has grown significantly and, for presentation purposes, was originally separated into subsections (2000-4000, 4000-6000, 6000-8000, and so on).

Unfortunately, as can be clearly seen from the capture history of the g6k (6000-8000) list, there are huge gaps in the internet archive's historical coverage so there are huge temporal gaps in the record and changes mostly appear as huge indigestible chunks. According to the internet archive, Tom moved in 2015 to publishing an "allgaps.dat" list of all of the prime gap records but captures have been sporadic.

If you are interested, here the results of some of my preliminary work on a git representation of the update history of the prime gaps records list which I fabricated from internet archive saved pages (scroll down to line 2973 to see where one of Rob Smith's prime gap records with greater merit replaces the earlier Gapcoin record).

The last-published state of play of all the lists, along with the C sources of cglp4 are still available from Tom Nicely's web site. Currently, I'm working on the data presentation, I have remapped the allgaps.dat list into a sqlite3 database, for use with the Javascript sql.js library which allows one to import a sqlite3 database and pose SQL queries in the browser:

More to come later.

Cheers

Graham

Top of the class !

I have always meant to start communicating with the mathematician's over at mersenne forum and posted a while back in this thread. I will add some backlinks to the club website in good time. A proverbial melting pot.

Looking forward to more later !

Thanks for your defining interest and continuing work on this.

Getting around to spinning up and testing Branch v.0.9.3 on some new instances.

We should re-launch the testnet (again!).

~ The 'testnet' in-built miner ('old' binaries) appear to be the original release ... before the optimized 2nd release / inclusion ? or perhaps I missed something ?

Bitcoin = Number Go Up

Gapcoin = Number Go Up (and Down)

Wink

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 07:02:11 PM

Mr. Higgins, I look forward to seeing if the Gapcoin.org so called Sept. 2019 Gap Records is accurate from your work or if we are dealing with improper records which could lead to lots of other factors surrounding other things.  

When you get your work ported to your gjhiggins/gapcoin github I will update all my nodes.

Nice work sorting out the SSL 1.1 mess hope it all checks out.  So your able to build using the newest Ubuntu?

It is not good that posts disappear without a trace there should be a small line with a Post has been deleted and by which user and the reason visible to everyone why it was taken down.

Hopefully someone can pay bitcoin for the blockchain explorer but buying bitcoin personally is somewhat not possible.  

Currently testing if Ubuntu / Debian wallets build etc.,

... "How is Proof of Work actually designed?

A PoW algorithm has to fit two specifications:

It must be cryptographically secure (a PoW must not be reusable)
    It must be hard to calculate, but easy to verify

Verifying a prime gap is easy, you only have to check every number between the start and the end to be composite.

Calculating is harder, much harder! " ...

Source : gapcoin.org

This ^

Hard math is hard !

Bitcoin = Difficult to solve, easy to check !

Gapcoin = Difficult to solve, harder to calculate, easy to check !

Cheesy

Gapcoin is forefront of mathematical discovery.

No one has dismissed Gapcoin results as invalid.

Very smart folks (mathematician's) have confirmed Gapcoin's results and it's MERITS.

The crux of the matter remains here, as correctly identified by gjhiggins ...

fwiw Dept:

As part of my attempts to resolve the apparent contradiction between the assertions about how primes are filtered in Gapcoin [1] and how that's done in the actual PoWCore source code, I scraped j0nn9's posts to this, the Gapcoin thread, sorted them into ascending order and rendered the result as a standalone page of HTML that I have published as a github gist which can be saved and opened in a browser:

https://gist.github.com/gjhiggins/75073257527aa6304b3913688f2b46c8

[1] “Gapcoin follows Riecoin's way and uses enough Miller-Rabin tests with random bases to avoid composite numbers being accepted as Prove of Work.”

Added:
In an effort after greater clarity, I distilled and categorised the posts, rendering them as a page of HTML that uses jquery and semantic-ui to present the posts in a series of accordion (drop-down) sections for ease of consumption: https://gist.github.com/gjhiggins/dded25cb7a6d46531a3c8bd52074bde4

BTW, I found out what [1] was about and annotated my own copy of Gapcoin-PoWCore's PoW.cpp (https://github.com/gapcoin/Gapcoin-PoWCore/blob/06ac3fea780997232e9d5c78bfaf34d72e1b4e13/src/PoW.cpp#L130) with the docs of the gmplib functions mpz_probab_prime_p and mpz_nextprime:
Code:
  /* start has to be a prime */
  /*
    Function: int mpz_probab_prime_p (const mpz_t n, int reps)

Determine whether n is prime. Return 2 if n is definitely prime,
      return 1 if n is probably prime (without being certain), or
      return 0 if n is definitely non-prime.

This function performs some trial divisions, then reps
      Miller-Rabin probabilistic primality tests. A higher reps value
      will reduce the chances of a non-prime being identified as “probably prime”.
      A composite number will be identified as a prime with a probability of less
      than 4^(-reps). Reasonable values of reps are between 15 and 50.
  */
  if (!mpz_probab_prime_p(mpz_start, 25)) {

mpz_clear(mpz_start);
    return false;
  }

mpz_init(mpz_end);
  /*
    Function: void mpz_nextprime (mpz_t rop, const mpz_t op)

Set rop to the next prime greater than op.

This function uses a probabilistic algorithm to identify primes.
      For practical purposes it’s adequate, the chance of a composite
      passing will be extremely small.
  */
  mpz_nextprime(mpz_end, mpz_start);

return true;

(In case anyone other than me is interested.)

Cheers

Graham

Again, Numbers Go Up (and Down).

It still remains to be seen what Gapcoin can achieve out-of-the-box! Only very limited hashing power, relative to Bitcoin, has ever been thrown at Gapcoin and most of that was CPU based ... (again) imagine the ASIC's ...

"Difficulty adjusts every block and increases logarithmically (it will probably take years to get to 50)"

Source : gapcoin.org

In terms of Bitcoin mining difficulty we barely passed 1 .

A literal Gravity Well ...

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_well

... "Anything at the center of mass of a planet or moon is considered to be at the bottom of that celestial body's gravity well, and so escaping the effects of gravity from such a planet or moon (to enter outer space) is sometimes called "climbing out of the gravity well". The deeper a gravity well is, the more energy any space-bound "climber" must use to escape it. " ...

YuSoDum

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 07:29:06 PM

I hate to say this....

But if supporters of this coin wish to have a pool - with my help - I will need some help with knowledge.

I have purchased a domain and been constantly tinkering with pool software as time allows, I have more azure credit I can use for a VM to host the site/software.

I have googled and asked in many forums and discord channels with minimal help received.

As much as I love the concept of this coin, I can't do anything but mine the coin unless someone steps up and helps me figure things out on the coding end.

I do not wish to waste my efforts nor anyone else's.

Your efforts and input are appreciated, however, pool development is unfortunately not the major priority currently.

The development of Gapcoin core and new software releases are curently more essential for the project. Realize that these developments (as they happen) are also likely to change the working 'old' pool / code implementation.

However, if you can get it running then great! As long as your main inventive is seeing increased network hashing power and the discovery of larger prime gaps over personal profit.  Wink

Oh no, I gave up on profitability a long time ago. It's a combination of enjoying the concepts of this coin along with gaining personal knowledge. I apologise if my post came across wrong, just a little frustrating.
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 12:57:14 AM

As long as the ASIC is Sha512 and 64 bit I can imagine it will be very successful however Gapcoin has no chance to compete with the Bitcoin beast at 32 bit numbers.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 10:24:14 AM

1 Month donation has been sent to renew the block explorer at: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gap/

They now require a valid email address, name and postal address ...

Gapcoin Club - gapcoin.club
c/o WhoisGuard, Inc., NameCheap, Inc., IANA ID: 1068
Panama City
PA

I will add some donation addresses to Gapcoin Club soon, thus the community can help to support hosting, maintanence and development etc.,

Cheers!

Why a Club ?

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment_club

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 05:13:49 PM

"Owned by WiSpear, an Israeli spy firm registered in Cyprus, the total snooping equipment pre-installed in the van amount to $9 million, according to WiSpear founder Tal Dillian. In the Forbes report, Dillian enthusiastically boasted his company was making “a lot of money” from the widening gap between spying tech and encryption technology, implying that the latter is lagging behind and he is looking forward to more and more governments seeking “back doors” to digital apps."

Israeli tech specializes in WIFI jacking/Cell Phone Jacking
FBI tech specializes in LAN Internet tapping

It is child's play for them to cause blockchain breaks and forks.  Bitcoin Psychological warfare should be studied in it's own right under the guidance of the honest Allah Intelligence machines producing the results. 

But that which makes the average man understand is not desired in speech nor word, but that which confuses so as to sound more important than what it actually is.

Microsoft, Amazon, Bitcoin ect.....are dump sums of digital Federal Reserve Notes to oppose competitors like China and Saudi Arabia from taking them over or acquiring them cheaply through leveraged buyouts, which Wall Street Nerds perfected wiping out all the small/middle size competitors in various industries.

Microsoft going from $30 share price in 2012 to $150 in 2019 is a strict control play.  This allows Microsoft to buyout Github for pennies on the dollar as they can raise new Digital Federal Reserve Notes from issuing shares at $100-150 dollars each instead of $30 each.  So if they buy Github for 3 billion dollars it is like them buying it for a factor of %500 percent less than they would have payed in 2012.  Inflation is like around %30-50 percent for that period different for various sectors of economies. 

EVERYTHING is only calculable through FLUID Mechanics. 

Trust me, Build it and they will come.  SHA512 for Victory.  It has to happen BEFORE THE TAKE OFF!

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 08:17:55 AM

Mr. Higgins,

It looks like Linux Mint does not compile using your v0.9.3-gap

POWUTLS error

Sorry can't paste out the whole thing.  

You are building it under Linux Mint I assume?

Maybe your time would be better spent re-launching Gapcoin under a Sha512 64 bit system.  That way we can dump the Berkeley Database 4.8 as Satoshi would like!

I think Trisquel is still easier to use than Linux Mint, but I guess the herd would gather around Linux MInt more.  But for your work piggy back on top of Trisquel offers very little work to keep it up to date, but modern.

It would be great if you could spearhead a Re-launch of Gapcoin as a SHA512 64 bit coin that compiles under Linux Mint or Trisquel.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 06:37:40 PM

Mr. Higgins,

It looks like Linux Mint does not compile using your v0.9.3-gap

POWUTLS error

Sorry can't paste out the whole thing.  

You are building it under Linux Mint I assume?

When I checked, the PoWCore submodule wasn't using master but HEAD. I checked stackoverflow and found:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18770545/why-is-my-git-submodule-head-detached-from-master/55570998#55570998

where I learned that git submodule update needs to be git submodule update --remote --merge

I have just used the following with success:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/gjhiggins/gapcoin.git gapcoin-0.9.3
cd gapcoin-0.9.3/
git checkout v0.9.3-gap
git submodule init
git submodule update --remote --merge
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb --with-gui --with-miniupnpc --with-qrencode --disable-tests
make

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 07:28:29 PM
Merited by BitcoinFX (1)

I learned that git submodule update needs to be git submodule update --remote --merge
But, reading more extensively, I realised what I'd been missing. Previously, when looking at the status of the changes, I thought that git was offering me the option of including all of PoWCore in the main Gapcoin repos ... well, I mean, who wouldn't? ...
Code:
On branch v0.9.3-gap
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/v0.9.3-gap'.

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
  (commit or discard the untracked or modified content in submodules)

modified:   src/PoWCore (new commits, untracked content)

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

But when I looked at the actual difference, it was offering to update the reference from:
Code:
ID       : ca5e863b1ff6c0a9655fadb951f1d9653ba24ef1

Author   : Jonny Frey <j0nn9.fr39@gmail.com>
           07/01/2015 22:43

to:
Code:
ID       : 5cdfb1fcdfe932cb10eab567048cb95d1fc13979

Author   : Graham Higgins <gjhiggins@users.noreply.github.com>
           26/10/2019 11:04

Committer: GitHub <noreply@github.com>
           26/10/2019 11:04

Address compilation failure

which is actually what I wanted.

So I committed the change and the submodule update now works correctly as before, i.e. git submodule update and doesn't need the --remote --merge any longer.

We can all breathe a sigh of relief Smiley

Cheers,

Graham
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 11:58:46 PM

Thanks Mr. Higgins,

Syncing with Gapcoin version 0.9.4

I however used

git clone --branch v0.9.3-gap https://github.com/gjhiggins/gapcoin
cd gapcoin
git submodule init
git submodule update
./autogen.sh
./configure --without-miniupnpc
make

The tests passed fine.

https://github.com/gapcoin/gapcoin/issues/2

Those instructions are still accurate for Linux Mint however I noticed Mint does not contain topmenu-gtk2 topmenu-gtk3 which is not required or automake installed by default.

sudo apt install automake

I was trying to build your branch with a operating system using Boost 1.67 but lots of issues with other Linux distros.  Linux Mint and Trisquel seem reliable to me.  But I guess I could just ask you.  Mint uses Boost 1.65 would it still compile on Linux with Boost 1.67?

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: