Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:25:31 PM

Goodbye to ICO prices!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwW108ITzw
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:47:47 PM

And welcome to Bay City ^^
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:52:02 PM

Spamming? What are you talking about?

You keep forgetting that Bay team has $1.2 million and that's more than enough to hire people with skills who can help Bay in achieving what it's meant to achieve.

By "spamming" I mean the sending of unsolicited marketing messages using a "contact list" as opposed to having established specific working agreements with said party.

$1.2 million may sound like a lot of money to you and yes - it can pay a few salaries for a year - but it's a drop in the ocean in broader terms and will quickly disappear if the business plan doesn't deliver the next $1.2 million fairly readily.

The reason I made that post is that if you're going to name drop a $6.5 Billion capitalised entity as being an "associate" of the project I think it's only fair to qualify whether the nature of that association is co-operative or unilateral. i.e. is Bitbay team just going to "lobby" these types of companies in the hope that they become interested in the offering or is there a pre-existing relationship with already open doors, albeit with conditional locks.

I realize that we're not buying shares in a company here, so "suck it and see" rules apply. All the same, you're still putting real money into that will be paid to real people it and if it *was* a regular type startup operation you can bet your bottom dollar that no VC would touch it with a bargepole without those kind of little teases being ripped out of the promotional detail, turned inside out and upside down so as to discover their exact nature and whether the use of that name is justified in attracting investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauI0GdKcTc

Please read this:
Actually, the idea that money buys good devs is totally INCORRECT. There was in fact an article on Coindesk explaining this... http://www.coindesk.com/bridging-talent-gap-bitcoin-industry/

That article describes how insanely hard it is to find good devs! So really you can have as much money as you want. Also, the whole "1 million dollar" thing isnt as simple as you make it to be. There was many people involved in the funding process, there is money that gets set aside to develop and money saved for the buy wall for hedging, money set aside for long term a million can be burned through very fast if you don't budget correctly. Its not that much money nowadays however its great seed money and will bring attention to Halo, Bay and Black/Nighttrader.

You dont just get money and "play for broke". And lets say we did have a "superdev". He would still need to be trained in Bitcoin. Currently, the people who know how to dev correctly in Bitcoin are in very short supply. It seems like there is Vitalik, Peter Todd, some of the Bitcoin core devs, myself, Autonopolous, maybe a few hundred very expensive cryptographers, rat4, and the maybe guys like the new Peercoin team and Shadowcoin.

Most of these devs have jobs and most of them are in their own coin or project or are hiding in the shadows and are clearly unreachable.

AND then you have to consider if they are slow or fast or they are padding their hours.

Then, if you have a dev team you still need a good project manager. And the new devs need to be trained and that can take months. So really, I'm still going to be doing most of the coding since I know what I'm doing. The hope is that I will be able to teach them. As you know from my whiteboard video (I have more of those I didnt share) and from our project manager I'm definitely doing just that. But if anyone thinks that money buys quality I would love to point you to Hollywood, McDonalds, Starbucks and all the other big companies that cut corners to stay alive. It takes a very special mixture of awesome to be the next "Diablo 3" or "Half-Life" or "Adobe Photoshop"

My goal is definitely to train that team. In the meantime I'm doing most of the heavy lifting and some of the smaller tasks I'm giving to Cambodians and soon there will be a team in China and India. But you also get what you pay for. Without a fantastic project manager they could still be very slow no matter how many you hire! As I'm working as a project manager and coding we will still need a few more project managers to move things along.

All the people reading this thread are mostly traders. I know you want to find "the next thing to pump" but in reality BitBay and Blackcoin are fantastic long team investments. And although it is true that you may see a big pump within a few months, that should not be your motive for investing here.

The investors that stay and build here are going to be made very happy. We have very awesome plans for rewarding you for your loyalty. Thats my goal. To turn coins into companies. Soon coins will be paying holders the way stock companies pay dividends.

EDIT:
I also just noticed that there was a comment that said you weren't buying shares? Well maybe that can change. There is many ideas for how to have dividends from other coins or even dollars flow into projects like Bay and reward bulls.

We take this one step at a time like building a city.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:00:02 PM

Thanks for clearing up a few things David and now back to work.  Grin
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:03:48 PM

lol yeah... back to work.  Grin
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

lol yeah... back to work.  Grin

hahaha yes, thanks for the post.

I hope many people with questions will read it all!

And dont post anymore junk in this thread that has been answered by you.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

You're dealing with it by being impatient. Come back next year and you might find answers to your questions. It's too early for anything right now. They can't be online answering questions and working on project at the same time.

Full transparency will ruin bay for every investor.

Serious investors would run far away when they see "whale pump" yet somehow you think it'll attract serious investors.

Keep calm and have patience. Give it enough time to grow before making assumptions and asking questions which don't have answers YET.

ok. I will do that. For my own part I've weighed up the risks based on what little information is available.

The problem is, others won't do that. Specially not if little teases like Alibaba are dangled right at the start of the [ANN] thread without any qualification. That's the kind of thing that can blow right up in your face in no time if people start to push for answers and it turns out to be nothing.

Just sayin. I'll shut up for now and let you have your clubby thread back. It isn't my intention to create a disruptive, antagonistic atmosphere. At the same time, I think people should think about these things and start doing some due diligence before this coin has to book its place in one of the two biggest categories of this league: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0

They already said ETA is around January for marketplace. (I could be wrong). You're more than welcome to skim through the thread and I'm sure you'll get your answer.

Either way, Coin has been in the market for few days and it has shown stability so far. Non stop questioning is useless if you aren't even giving it enough time to grow. Investors will join on their own when they see that project is going where it should be going. Money that was required for start up has been generated through ICO and rest of the money will be generated as we move forward.

When it's going to be on bittrex?
Who are the vendors?
How are they going to contact vendors?
How about smart contracts, when is that going to be released?
We don't want small vendors. Are they contacting big vendors?
What is the Time Frame?

Do you see where I am going with this? 5 days and people are running around coming up with every single question they can think of.

Just take it easy and grab a beer or something. For the last time don't compare Bay to something that has been in the market for so long (LTC & BTC)

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:12:00 PM

Spamming? What are you talking about?

You keep forgetting that Bay team has $1.2 million and that's more than enough to hire people with skills who can help Bay in achieving what it's meant to achieve.

By "spamming" I mean the sending of unsolicited marketing messages using a "contact list" as opposed to having established specific working agreements with said party.

$1.2 million may sound like a lot of money to you and yes - it can pay a few salaries for a year - but it's a drop in the ocean in broader terms and will quickly disappear if the business plan doesn't deliver the next $1.2 million fairly readily.

The reason I made that post is that if you're going to name drop a $6.5 Billion capitalised entity as being an "associate" of the project I think it's only fair to qualify whether the nature of that association is co-operative or unilateral. i.e. is Bitbay team just going to "lobby" these types of companies in the hope that they become interested in the offering or is there a pre-existing relationship with already open doors, albeit with conditional locks.

I realize that we're not buying shares in a company here, so "suck it and see" rules apply. All the same, you're still putting real money into that will be paid to real people it and if it *was* a regular type startup operation you can bet your bottom dollar that no VC would touch it with a bargepole without those kind of little teases being ripped out of the promotional detail, turned inside out and upside down so as to discover their exact nature and whether the use of that name is justified in attracting investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauI0GdKcTc

Please read this:
Actually, the idea that money buys good devs is totally INCORRECT. There was in fact an article on Coindesk explaining this... http://www.coindesk.com/bridging-talent-gap-bitcoin-industry/

That article describes how insanely hard it is to find good devs! So really you can have as much money as you want. Also, the whole "1 million dollar" thing isnt as simple as you make it to be. There was many people involved in the funding process, there is money that gets set aside to develop and money saved for the buy wall for hedging, money set aside for long term a million can be burned through very fast if you don't budget correctly. Its not that much money nowadays however its great seed money and will bring attention to Halo, Bay and Black/Nighttrader.

You dont just get money and "play for broke". And lets say we did have a "superdev". He would still need to be trained in Bitcoin. Currently, the people who know how to dev correctly in Bitcoin are in very short supply. It seems like there is Vitalik, Peter Todd, some of the Bitcoin core devs, myself, Autonopolous, maybe a few hundred very expensive cryptographers, rat4, and the maybe guys like the new Peercoin team and Shadowcoin.

Most of these devs have jobs and most of them are in their own coin or project or are hiding in the shadows and are clearly unreachable.

AND then you have to consider if they are slow or fast or they are padding their hours.

Then, if you have a dev team you still need a good project manager. And the new devs need to be trained and that can take months. So really, I'm still going to be doing most of the coding since I know what I'm doing. The hope is that I will be able to teach them. As you know from my whiteboard video (I have more of those I didnt share) and from our project manager I'm definitely doing just that. But if anyone thinks that money buys quality I would love to point you to Hollywood, McDonalds, Starbucks and all the other big companies that cut corners to stay alive. It takes a very special mixture of awesome to be the next "Diablo 3" or "Half-Life" or "Adobe Photoshop"

My goal is definitely to train that team. In the meantime I'm doing most of the heavy lifting and some of the smaller tasks I'm giving to Cambodians and soon there will be a team in China and India. But you also get what you pay for. Without a fantastic project manager they could still be very slow no matter how many you hire! As I'm working as a project manager and coding we will still need a few more project managers to move things along.

All the people reading this thread are mostly traders. I know you want to find "the next thing to pump" but in reality BitBay and Blackcoin are fantastic long team investments. And although it is true that you may see a big pump within a few months, that should not be your motive for investing here.

The investors that stay and build here are going to be made very happy. We have very awesome plans for rewarding you for your loyalty. Thats my goal. To turn coins into companies. Soon coins will be paying holders the way stock companies pay dividends.

EDIT:
I also just noticed that there was a comment that said you weren't buying shares? Well maybe that can change. There is many ideas for how to have dividends from other coins or even dollars flow into projects like Bay and reward bulls.

We take this one step at a time like building a city.

Thank you for making total sense and bringing clarity to this issue David!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:13:20 PM

Excellent post David.
JackTheShipper

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:31:17 PM

I'm addicted to baywatching.
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

I'm addicted to baywatching.

And posting useless comments.

Don't trust any exchange!
Toxamax

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:20:25 PM

It takes a very special mixture of awesome to be the next "Diablo 3"

Some mod get this blatant FUDer out of here!  Tongue
FUDcoin

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

You rang? 
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

You rang? 
Now that's what I call humor.
whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

Quote me for discussion.

Here is where I feel we stand.

Right now we are end of November and approaching December

Competition is going to intensify and only going to get worse.

Syscoin will release your their UI in 4 weeks
Nxt Free Market is out
Open Bazaar will have their next release in early 2015.

We must launch a professional strong marketing effort to capture the attention of public eye. We must make sure we are the clear winner with a strong marketing effort that is done professionally.

We must spend our money that we raised. We can't use shit from Fiverr. Those are designed by amateurs.

Who agree?

Lol. Not to discourage your energy, i think we have to play our A game but ...

Syscoin? Please.

Nxt FreeMarket? Unknown to those outside the Nxt gluesniffers club.

Open Bazaar? Open source, community driven = vegetarian mammel in a carniverous world.

Shit from Fiver? do competition rounds and pick the best. communication is not rocket science, it is about getting the job done, effectively and efficiently.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:17:20 PM

Wow anyone notice that Bitbay shot it's load over on Bittrexx and is trading in the 330's. A big arbitrage opportunity if your quick. BTER seems to have too much bots trading that is controlling the price.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:20:57 PM

Wow anyone notice that Bitbay shot it's load over on Bittrexx and is trading in the 330's. A big arbitrage opportunity if your quick. BTER seems to have too much bots trading that is controlling the price.

Yeah, the market is manipulated by bots...
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:07:59 PM

Bitbay has pushed 3 coins out of the way on coinmarketcap to make it to number 24 on the list
hossy

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:10:05 PM

wow loving this movement people beginning to realise bitbay is the real deal Grin Grin Grin
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:37:43 PM

http://www.coinssource.com/smart-overview-bitbay/

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: