Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339392 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:35:29 PM

Whether it's $3 or 7 billion, it's still an awful lot of money to me and if BitBay would only make 1% of that amount it would be gigantic to me.
Plus I expect that the overhead costs will be way lower with BitBay.

+ Yup....this messed up thing is there is no real alternative for ebay for doing International business (alibaba is close but not quite the same)
i was trading my miners on Ebay i sold more then $ 10.000,00 of miners ended up paying more then $ 1.000,00 for just fees how sick is this? combine this with alot of fraud with Paypal/Ebay, the first party who introduces fair trading and also minimal fees has the potential for succeding in revenue 10 folds what Ebay does now. Ebay also damages international and fair trading, so with Bitbay we can repair the confidence and have more revenue..

I will never sell this coin.

i won't say never, for the right price, the price is not right even if it's 10fold people don't realize what you can do with this coin and the value of it..
This coin is a dime and once marketplace is open it will attract alot attention
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:43:31 PM

People sell stuff when they need money. They need money because they don't have any. When they don't have any money, they can't place the escrow deposit.  Huh
torshammer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:01:08 PM

People sell stuff when they need money. They need money because they don't have any. When they don't have any money, they can't place the escrow deposit.  Huh

i think a relatively small percentage of Ebay sellers are in the desperately poor / last resort category : -)

however, i would like to see some concrete examples of different escrows / different smart contracts that cover different degrees of risk.
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 08:12:23 PM

People sell stuff when they need money. They need money because they don't have any. When they don't have any money, they can't place the escrow deposit.  Huh

Sounds like a good biz opp. There will always be those that need or want a 3rd party to escrow the deal.

There will also be those that will need this explained and a may need a little help to understand the software/marketplace.

I've been offering escrow for years now and I do not see this as a end to those services. In fact I hope to see it built into the client for escrow (i imagine it will be alot like bitrated where I, or multi-escrowers(why choose one) wouldn't even know about the escrow unless there is a dispute or I wish to charge a fee)

I just may need to tweak what I offer and how I offer it.

Stay the course.. We are NOT there yet.

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:51:03 PM

what about an asset exchange?
Overed

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:04:56 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 10:15:57 PM by Overed

Whether it's $3 or 7 billion, it's still an awful lot of money to me and if BitBay would only make 1% of that amount it would be gigantic to me.

+ Yup....this messed up thing is there is no real alternative for ebay for doing International business (alibaba is close but not quite the same)
i was trading my miners on Ebay i sold more then $ 10.000,00 of miners ended up paying more then $ 1.000,00 for just fees how sick is this? combine this with alot of fraud with Paypal/Ebay, the first party who introduces fair trading and also minimal fees has the potential for succeding in revenue 10 folds what Ebay does now. Ebay also damages international and fair trading, so with Bitbay we can repair the confidence and have more revenue..

For that reason, I am waiting the BitBay market to sell everything with lower price then EfuckingBay... Looking forward to see the market soon  Grin
Toxamax

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:17:20 AM

That's a valid downside to smart contracts. You need to posses a certain level of liquidity before you can engage them. This is also why escrows are usually only implemented professionally.

Then again, this may only take a culture shift before it hits the mainstream. I don't think people have truly considered the scale on which the sharing economy could take place. No trades, just lending items to locals. That's where smart contracts for small scale thirds really starts to shine.
yeXIABC

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:59:19 AM

That's a valid downside to smart contracts. You need to posses a certain level of liquidity before you can engage them. This is also why escrows are usually only implemented professionally.

Then again, this may only take a culture shift before it hits the mainstream. I don't think people have truly considered the scale on which the sharing economy could take place. No trades, just lending items to locals. That's where smart contracts for small scale thirds really starts to shine.
     BC before
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 01:28:55 AM

BC before

Actually, people sell things to buy other things, especially on ebay. I've been selling on ebay since 2000 and I can tell very few sellers do it because they are poor and need the money, that niche was taken by Craigs List. There is a huge amount of money to be made in these markets and the landscape is ripe for a sea change....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
choeymethod

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:42:04 AM

People sell stuff when they need money. They need money because they don't have any. When they don't have any money, they can't place the escrow deposit.  Huh

Sounds like a good biz opp. There will always be those that need or want a 3rd party to escrow the deal.

There will also be those that will need this explained and a may need a little help to understand the software/marketplace.

I've been offering escrow for years now and I do not see this as a end to those services. In fact I hope to see it built into the client for escrow (i imagine it will be alot like bitrated where I, or multi-escrowers(why choose one) wouldn't even know about the escrow unless there is a dispute or I wish to charge a fee)

I just may need to tweak what I offer and how I offer it.

Stay the course.. We are NOT there yet.

I can imagine some of the mods earlier mentioned in this thread acting as an escrow, but I dont know Id like to hear David expand on this as well.
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:47:37 AM

Buy It On BitBay

Has a nice ring to it Smiley

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:42:09 AM

I will never sell this coin.

wot  Huh

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:55:09 AM

What's the latest on the wallet upgrade with smart contracts?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:57:26 AM

So investing a few hundred or perhaps thousands of dollars into a venture which has a decent potential of becoming a similar valuation in a year or so is a pretty amazing opportunity.

I agree with most of this post but regarding that last statement, when have you ever seen an altcoin that's worth more a year after launch than in the first 2 months of launch ? Anything that's ever shown any promise in this market gets its valuation priced in very quickly - within a month or two if not immediately.

After that it's all downhill.

You're lucky if the price is a quarter of it's speculative early priced-in valuation in a year's time so I wouldn't lead people on with that nonsense. Even Bitshares and Counterparty which are currently enjoying top 5 marketcaps after a year have never traded above their early post-launch prices. Peercoin had massive promise that was priced in out of the gate. The first POS coin. It's currently a quarter of it's highest trading values. Counterparty got near its February price a few weeks ago with its mega "Etherium+Bitcoin all you want in 1 package" announcement and even that didn't push above its post-pump price record.

Lets get real for once. These are experimental markets. Developers try out new things then move onto other stuff. They are at the mercy of commercial dynamics over which they have no control. If a new project hasn't established itself in a couple of months of launch - forget it. There's too much other stuff going on.

Oh I totally agree with you on that matter (actually, despite what you or others might think - I agree with numerous aspects).  However, that's why I draw many parallels to the dot-com bubble in the late 90s in my posts - and for that matter in my approach to crypto-investments in general.  In every coin I've ever invested in I've bought large up front in coins I supported either for technical/developmental reasons (which is why I mined/bought a ton of BC in the beginning, and did the same with DRK, BTM, and XC) or conceptual/social reasons (which is why I did the same with DOGE and now BAY).

Just because there are traders manipulating both emotions and market dynamics for their personal profit - doesn't mean that every coin is a scam and every developer is planning on running away from their project.  Nor does it mean that the price can't be 100X as much in 2-3 years as it is today - I agree however that we're talking about a "1% outside chance" there and it's definitely not the common or expected result... but it's also not outside the realm of possibility.  There are a million scams in every market: insurance, welfare, stock/bond markets, real estate, commodities... for every opportunity that turns into a long-term win, there are 250 that are long-term losers.  However, if you wait for undeniable proof of which something is... the price has already risen to the level that the gains are no longer significant.

Basically, I respect your skepticism and doubt - unlike the whining and conspiracy theories of some who prefer making Hitler videos or spending 50 hours per week posting drivel and insults... but less than 5 minutes per month actually attempting to do anything constructive.  Although some may cry "FUD" at both - I believe your concern lies primarily in cautioning ignorant or naive investors from making irrevocable mistakes in this unproven market... and for that I say "keep it up".

On the other hand, regardless of the number of times I'm proven to be overly optimistic in supporting something that turns out badly... the benefits to doing exactly that as far as BTC, PPC, BC, DRK, XC, BTM, etc.  - have provided more than enough 'slush profits' to write off losing bets like CLOAK, VTC, VRC, FLT,UTC, etc.

At any rate... keep asking questions - and providing cautionary advice to people.  I'm fine with the risks I take - but there can always be an advantage (even to me) in someone pushing the other side as well.  Open discourse is the only sure way to succeed as a collective. Cheers.

PS... I still feel very optimistic about my BAY holdings... and am still acquiring more on the dips.  Just for full disclosure. Smiley

On the 'ebay discussion' - you guys realize you are arguing about different things, right?  Operating expenses != annual revenue.  However, I don't think anyone in their right mind believes honestly that this will become the next ebay... or even the next craigslist... but it just might become 'Etsy.com + DHGate.com + oDesk.com' or something similar.  By itself etsy makes over $350M a year in revenue on sales of over $1B! (Yeah I know... surprised the hell out of me too).  Shocked
Wavey

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:04:41 AM

@DEV

Thank you guys bring this fantastic tech to community, I have a question, how can you implement reverse-transaction, like  I buy a goods but when  I receive it I found it's bad, so how can you deal with this scenario, can you explain it in tech perspective?

Because its double deposit the contracts are unbreakable. Please read my whitepaper at BitHalo.org. By both parties making an advanced deposit they have to work together. Escrow extensions are allowed but if they dont play nice the money is destroyed.

Thanks this also answers my previous question! Smiley
Hence why I should read the whole thread before asking. Well 95 pages to go
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:17:30 AM

@DEV

Thank you guys bring this fantastic tech to community, I have a question, how can you implement reverse-transaction, like  I buy a goods but when  I receive it I found it's bad, so how can you deal with this scenario, can you explain it in tech perspective?

Because its double deposit the contracts are unbreakable. Please read my whitepaper at BitHalo.org. By both parties making an advanced deposit they have to work together. Escrow extensions are allowed but if they dont play nice the money is destroyed.

Thanks this also answers my previous question! Smiley
Hence why I should read the whole thread before asking. Well 95 pages to go

I know there are plans for a much-needed FAQ (with links) on the website, once fleshed out - or in the OP of this thread - which should make finding this information much more accessible to everyone. Smiley  I found the read mostly very interesting however - hopefully you will too!
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:23:12 AM

I agree with most of this post but regarding that last statement, when have you ever seen an altcoin that's worth more a year after launch than in the first 2 months of launch ? Anything that's ever shown any promise in this market gets its valuation priced in very quickly - within a month or two if not immediately.

After that it's all downhill.

It hasn't been a year for many alt coins.

But Maidsafe is worth double (just under by about .0008 as of this post) what it was sold at IPO and is very Bullish right now.  I bought at the IPO for that one and haven't sold.

For what it is worth, your assessment is largely correct but there is a difference here in Bay if the team really is dedicated (the team that is not David).  They have the benefit of a long R&D process and commissioned a leading dev to deliver next gen material so that they can implement their business model.  It sounds to me that the process occurred with the end goal being the economics of the marketplace and not the coin itself - meaning that they are trying for real world application instead of developing a platform that is functional but with theoretical value. 

My two cents...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Wavey

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:26:02 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 07:14:23 AM by Wavey

Seems to me what is happening here is quite different from Aerocoin. I have been reading pretty carefully between the lines of both the BitBay info and the BC public announcements, & there are some very interesting contours here. Some major chinese backing, hedging mechanism against the yuan, the recruitment of the black halo team to drop in a turn-key solution, multinational dev teams being hired to build out the ecosystem, other decentralized markets not quite ready for prime time - someone is putting together something very big here. I think that's what the people complaining about 3000 btc are missing.

The AMA with the halo guys is going to be very interesting, not the least being what they don't say about the whole china connection.

That's a great summary.  Thanks for that.

I'll be at the AMA too. I have a few questions. This sounds like it could have some huge potential especially with investors in Asia and western worlds.

It's rare that you get interest in an alt across the globe.  Usually it's specific to a region.  

Agreed, I haven't gotten to read the AMA yet but the global interest in this coin so early after launch and as I'm reading even pre launch is/was impressive
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:39:09 AM

I'm not receiving stake rewards for past few days (ever since I updated my wallet). I've been unlocking my wallet every day and leaving it on for 6+ hours. Today it shows that my weight is less than what it was in the begining (when I first installed the wallet). It was showing 59k and today it's showing 14k.

Am I the only one who is having issue with stake after installing new wallet?  Huh

Solution would be nice.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
Wavey

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:54:33 AM

David, thanks for answering all our questions so eloquently and for doing the Demovideo for BitBay. I've never invested in Blackcoin before but you are definitely representing your brand well in this thread, so if you gentlemen would excuse me now Im gonna pick up some more Bay and I'm gonna buy some Blackcoin as well.

I really have to agree, I'm only on page 35 of this thread and it's just been an attack so far, but David has really handled himself and his brand with class and I'm only getting happier and more excited to have invested.

http://youtu.be/wZp3Up5Y4pE also a pretty good video here explaining more about smart contracts for anyone who is interested
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: