Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:52:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:52:07 AM

Hi Quawzsx

Your write up is a good one, I forwarded it to the responsible person earlier today.

thanks

BitBay Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:00:13 PM

I'm still holding and believing in BitBay, but the ICO price was 300, who is selling at 100 and why?
Either people lost trust and rather sell at loss then maybe even more loss.

Or Big whale suppressing the market.

Anyway I have bought @ ICO but I am not selling.

I do my research and I use common sense so I hodling and ill be damned to seel at an loss lol.

I agree and I don't want to sell too below ICO price.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:07:55 PM

Ok anyone with libeay32 bug is probably running vista. IF thats they case, this was built for windows 7 and not tested on vista. However, you can try to install openssl for vista make sure you get the correct version for your OS 32 or 64 bit
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:08:24 PM

Pay bitcoins raised during the ICO to the dev team based on a percentage of completion method. Investors and developers could make an agreement in advance about how much a certain achievement is worth.
Crypto is exciting, that's why people take the risk and invest into the dark (including me because I just love the tech and its implications and it is fun to take part in the market a little bit)... In real life, those who want to start a business have a very hard time to raise money compared to the crypto ICO shit. And if they get money from real investors, they have to be extraordinarily transparent about their IDs on the one hand and their plan on the other hand. Stage financing is one keyword there. You may now say that yes, there is some type of POCM because they only received 66% so far. But please, this is far far away from a reasonable POCM.

So a segmented ICO? I think that's interesting. You'd still need a way to differentiate between early investors and investors buying at later milestones though.

I'm sorry if this is going off-topic. Is there a general ICO thread on these forums and if not are people interested in a thread like this? I really think it's a discussion worth having.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:11:41 PM

How would you have run things better?  I mean, this is a genuine question.

I would have..

[1] -  expressed the IPO as a marketcap instead of a price in the main announcement. This is a more honest expression of the valuation because price is meaningless without taking into account coin supply. It's also what lets investors immediately compare the IPO alongside equivalent marketcap coins which are currently trading

[2] - not mentioned stuff like Alibaba without fully qualifying what the nature of those associations were

[3] - had something working that investors could evaluate before investing (hence mitigating the accusations of "vapourware" IPO)

[4] - been transparent about IPO interim and final capital holders, who they are and given blockchain addresses which could be audited and let investors verify the integrity of the custody chain of capital which they are supplying the project

[5] - launched the IPO at a half million cap at the most (in the absence of any significant completed development work). One of the main problems for this project is that it still has it "all to do". It's jam tomorrow as far as deliverables is concerned but jam today as far as investors money goes. It's somewhat of a step in the right direction to have phased releases of the capital upon completion of certain development milestones, but it's far from being an escrow situation. For a start, what happens if those milestones are not reached - is capital returned to investors ? I doubt it. Do investors have any input over the arbitration of marginal achievements ? No.

If the whole IPO was indeed bought by 3rd party investors it means that north of half a million dollars of investor's money has gone up in smoke. That's no mean sum of money and investors have taken this loss, not developers or other project stakeholders.

Given that fact, I think there is some basis for the FUD which I think would have been mitigated if some of the items above had been paid more attention.

Decentradical

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:34:46 PM

[1] -  expressed the IPO as a marketcap instead of a price in the main announcement. This is a more honest expression of the valuation because price is meaningless without taking into account coin supply. It's also what lets investors immediately compare the IPO alongside equivalent marketcap coins which are currently trading

There always was a market cap. They sold it all and would burn any coins they didn't. If there was no such limit we'd probably be looking at a much bigger ico.

[3] - had something working that investors could evaluate before investing (hence mitigating the accusations of "vapourware" IPO)
Fair, but then again, apart from a few (I think acceptable and expectable) issues they've got a working wallet with smart contracts. Not really much of a surprise there because Blackhalo is working beautifully as well.

[4] - been transparent about IPO interim and final capital holders, who they are and given blockchain addresses which could be audited and let investors verify the integrity of the custody chain of capital which they are supplying the project
That would indeed improve the transparency. And you're right that investors usually possess over this information. This kind of information is rare public knowledge however. I don't think anyone else, including you, would expose himself to this level of transparency. Especially not with so many copy cats and competitors prowling about. You'd basically be running a charity then.

[5] - launched the IPO at a half million cap at the most (in the absence of any significant completed development work).One of the main problems for this project is that it still has it "all to do". It's jam tomorrow as far as deliverables is concerned but jam today as far as investors money goes.
But the first milestone reward is much less than that so far.

It's somewhat of a step in the right direction to have phased releases of the capital upon completion of certain development milestones, but it's far from being an escrow situation. For a start, what happens if those milestones are not reached - is capital returned to investors ? I doubt it. Do investors have any input over the arbitration of marginal achievements ? No.

I think this is your most interesting point. After all, you don't want to rely on the middle-man in your pursuit to get rid of him. This is the main role of escows in the financial sector. The problem though is that a small startup doesn't really posses over this kind of liquidity.

Maybe in the future we're going to see mass smart contracts where investors and startups are engaged in escrows over these milestones. I just can't see how it can be done today.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:40:10 PM

How would you have run things better?  I mean, this is a genuine question.

I would have..

[2] - not mentioned stuff like Alibaba without fully qualifying what the nature of those associations were

[5] - launched the IPO at a half million cap at the most (in the absence of any significant completed development work). One of the main problems for this project is that it still has it "all to do". It's jam tomorrow as far as deliverables is concerned but jam today as far as investors money goes. It's somewhat of a step in the right direction to have phased releases of the capital upon completion of certain development milestones, but it's far from being an escrow situation. For a start, what happens if those milestones are not reached - is capital returned to investors ? I doubt it. Do investors have any input over the arbitration of marginal achievements ? No.

If the whole IPO was indeed bought by 3rd party investors it means that north of half a million dollars of investor's money has gone up in smoke. That's no mean sum of money and investors have taken this loss, not developers or other project stakeholders.

Given that fact, I think there is some basis for the FUD which I think would have been mitigated if some of the items above had been paid more attention.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:42:43 PM

P.S. Whan all is said and done, I have to say I admire the way that dzimbeck has stuck to his post and kept going with the product and support work through all of this. He's clearly been taking a lot of sh*t from people lately - some reasonable complaints and other stuff totally unjustified and personal.

Dealing with that stuff and programming are incompatible activities. No one can program effectively while stressed and I think he deserves some credit for conducting himself professionally "while being in amongst it".

Decentradical

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:49:58 PM

I can't get the third party investor conspiracy to work out in my mind either. Anybody could have bought the coin at 25, most of the coins have been bought around that price. If those funds are now there to be released through the milestone then what is there to gain by a third party?  

P.S. Whan all is said and done, I have to say I admire the way that dzimbeck has stuck to his post and kept going with the product and support work through all of this. He's clearly been taking a lot of sh*t from people lately - some reasonable complaints and other stuff totally unjustified and personal.

Dealing with that stuff and programming are incompatible activities. No one can program effectively while stressed and I think he deserves some credit for conducting himself professionally "while being in amongst it".

Absolutely. Crypto can get really nasty at times and Zimbeck clearly is here to advance the entire field forward rather than mere personal gain. Without folks like him (and a few specific other individuals) boosting the functionality bitcoin would just be a one-time fad.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

To show my appreciation for what David has done so far, I voted for him at this CoinDesk Poll.
Decentradical

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:34:54 PM

Ha voted. But I'm sure the Shibes will be all over this one already.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:54:26 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 02:12:25 PM by unusualfacts30

To show my appreciation for what David has done so far, I voted for him at this CoinDesk Poll.

Voted.

Ladies and gentlemen. Here is the First smart contract. All credit goes to David for helping me sort this and we just created & completed smart contract using BitBay & Bitmessage. You might want to use email (create new one) to make it go faster.

Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

Hi Everyone

Just a friendly reminder -

Posts are moderated when they contain fud, personal attacks or profanity.

If you are offended because a post of yours is deleted, please consider what you may have been posting in your quoted material.

If you are here to fud, and notice your posts getting deleted, you can reasonably expect you will be reported & banned from the thread if you persist. There will be no warnings.

This thread is for cordial and constructive community interaction around the topics of Bay and related technologies. The community has indicated a strong wish to keep it that way.

Thanks,

BitBay Team
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

voted Smiley

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:08:35 PM

Hi Everyone

If you are offended because a post of yours is deleted, please consider what you may have been posting in your quoted material.

If you are here to fud, and notice your posts getting deleted, you can reasonably expect you will be reported & banned from the thread if you persist. There will be no warnings.

This thread is for cordial and constructive community interaction around the topics of Bay and related technologies. The community has indicated a strong wish to keep it that way.

Thanks,

BitBay Team

Amen!

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

Hi Everyone

Thanks,

BitBay Team

Amen!
glad to here that at last
hossy

Activity: 142

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:38:25 PM

Have to agree with you on David he is an absolute godsend for this project has been so transparent while working his tail off and on another note the first smart contract has been made history in the making so glad I got involved with this project. I would advised people to hold tight I have lost quite a bit of money on this but I believe in David and the bitbay team this stuff is going to change the world
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:51:21 PM

Ok guys, for those of you who get 'return address not loaded is because BOTH email and bitmessage are checked, it defaults to email and thats not loaded'

So that would be if you are sending to a bitbay address (which it would want to use the more reliable encrypted if enabled)

Hope that clears that up. I'm going to add a check for the email if its not loaded to not default to email. (maybe later add a notification that both are enabled)

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:57:11 PM

How would you have run things better?  I mean, this is a genuine question.

I would have..

GIVE ME A GOOD REASON FOR BUY HUGE THIS COIN.....BITBAY
Smoothmold

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:13:23 PM

Hi Guys

Just a quick heads up to people having booting issues with wallets:

David recommends using file / exit and not the red x. The x does not truly exit the wallet: it merely sends it to the taskbar. Then when people use task manager to kill it, halo processes are still running, complicating reboot.

He is working on a video walk through of the wallet and smart contracts, should be out in the next day or two. Then we can resume the betting competition in style : -)

thanks,

BitBay team

@David

Are u working on a video now?
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: