Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:41:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:38:28 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

what it is  bitbay smart contract....
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:42:02 AM

Dev , Who is dumping ?

not me bud, but i have my theories though
Smoothmold

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:45:40 AM

Dev , Who is dumping ?

not me bud, but i have my theories though

shoot
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:50:23 AM

David has mentioned that he would work on pegging sooner than later. That would automatically fix all this volatility issue. There is no Buy wall so price decline shouldn't be surprising at all. Anyone with small amount of BTC can float the boat any way he wants.

I would like to see what happens after 6 months of marketplace and pegging. Whatever happens before that doesn't concern me. My bay is stored in thumb drive 20 miles from here.  Wink

Well, as a trader I'm not a big fan of the pegging actually... nor do I think the restricted liquidity will go over big necessarily.  However, it's a new concept - or more accurately a new combination of concepts - so I can't prove it won't be exactly what's needed.  On the other hand, I've seen way bigger losses (and gains thankfully) so this kind of action definitely doesn't spook me.  In any case, I'm here for the show - and like you, for the marketplace itself.  Regardless of what else is going on, and even if he has to do it all himself, if David can push things through to the marketplace release and that works to even a fraction of it's potential... then all will be quickly forgotten and forgiven.

On the other hand, with ever-expanding fantasies of the numerous bitter/burned investors, it will be hard for him to keep his head above the fray.  I do have faith that he can do it - he hasn't run away from BC to greener pastures, and he's worked and delivered on his past promises.  Maybe not the best situation at the moment, but you could be holding BALLS that were purchased at 20K which are worth around 200 sats now.  BAY would have to be selling for below 1 sat so see the same (and that's in the same time frame as well).
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:15:35 AM

David has mentioned that he would work on pegging sooner than later. That would automatically fix all this volatility issue. There is no Buy wall so price decline shouldn't be surprising at all. Anyone with small amount of BTC can float the boat any way he wants.

I would like to see what happens after 6 months of marketplace and pegging. Whatever happens before that doesn't concern me. My bay is stored in thumb drive 20 miles from here.  Wink

Well, as a trader I'm not a big fan of the pegging actually... nor do I think the restricted liquidity will go over big necessarily.  However, it's a new concept - or more accurately a new combination of concepts - so I can't prove it won't be exactly what's needed.  On the other hand, I've seen way bigger losses (and gains thankfully) so this kind of action definitely doesn't spook me.  In any case, I'm here for the show - and like you, for the marketplace itself.  Regardless of what else is going on, and even if he has to do it all himself, if David can push things through to the marketplace release and that works to even a fraction of it's potential... then all will be quickly forgotten and forgiven.

On the other hand, with ever-expanding fantasies of the numerous bitter/burned investors, it will be hard for him to keep his head above the fray.  I do have faith that he can do it - he hasn't run away from BC to greener pastures, and he's worked and delivered on his past promises.  Maybe not the best situation at the moment, but you could be holding BALLS that were purchased at 20K which are worth around 200 sats now.  BAY would have to be selling for below 1 sat so see the same (and that's in the same time frame as well).

Thanks bud, yeah right now im just torn between doing pegging early to protect you guys or sticking to the schedule. Markets is the easier task, pegging is a bit more involved since it means adding mining rules. Im sort of preparing myself as we speak and studying bitcon/blackcoin source (its spagetti code lol).

And yeah ive got a major bithalo/blackhalo release to do too. That release would also effect bitbay as a wallet update.

Its one of those things where ive got lots of work piled on my desk and im deciding which ones are most important today.

My coders here in cambodia are still learning so they dont work on any major milestones(unfortunately it is really hard to find experienced software dev). I'm still doing all the coding. So with that said ive sent out my friend who works with me on all my Halo stuff to start scouting for a superdev not necessarily bitcoin related. And the guys are looking in china and im looking at India for another group.

Its just that even there, its a lot of interviewing i dont have time for and would rather be coding. So ive got my friend looking at it now and doing that for us in exchange for a bounty.
politzer

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:19:35 AM

my god, it's only 70 sat now, what do you want to say?
@DEV

its not 70 sat. if its 70 sat. then i am buying 3.5m coins at 71 sat Smiley wanna sell?

The price is 72 sat now. Where is your 3M buy order at 70sat? Smiley

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:21:37 AM

Thanks bud, yeah right now im just torn between doing pegging early to protect you guys or sticking to the schedule. Markets is the easier task, pegging is a bit more involved since it means adding mining rules. Im sort of preparing myself as we speak and studying bitcon/blackcoin source (its spagetti code lol).

And yeah ive got a major bithalo/blackhalo release to do too. That release would also effect bitbay as a wallet update.

Its one of those things where ive got lots of work piled on my desk and im deciding which ones are most important today.

My coders here in cambodia are still learning so they dont work on any major milestones(unfortunately it is really hard to find experienced software dev). I'm still doing all the coding. So with that said ive sent out my friend who works with me on all my Halo stuff to start scouting for a superdev not necessarily bitcoin related. And the guys are looking in china and im looking at India for another group.

Its just that even there, its a lot of interviewing i dont have time for and would rather be coding. So ive got my friend looking at it now and doing that for us in exchange for a bounty.

Pegging is not needed now, let them dumpers dump because their coins will be bought anyway.

At an certain point either today or in a week the dump will end and the price will stabilize and go up with forthcoming updates.

I am not afraid even when I am in the red now, but I have good faith and trust that this coin's value will reach the ICO point or higher.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:22:32 AM

Top addresses Holdings Percentage...nice try fudders

Must just be "panic sellers" then, worried about the fact that by the time this coin's roadmap turns into reality it will be 6 months down the line when a host of new technologies like Etherium & others will be out which will make this stuff look stone age.

Combine that with the fact that the project will have engendered to much ill will due to an overvalued IPO that transferred all the risk of development to initial investors and a market that then vapourised 60% of the valuation. "The moon" may just be the 300% gain needed to break even.

They may have a point  Wink

#theProblemWithSellingVapourware
awais3344_1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:24:02 AM

can't decide when to get in. ugh.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Kevinrasf

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:28:07 AM

Pegging is an must in this coins purpose.

As an big Merchant you do not want to get paid In Bay and when you sell your Bay for EUR or whatever you suddenly get less.

You want BAY to have an steady value like reallife currencies, but with the nice additions that Crypto's offer.

BAYproviser

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:34:49 AM

I vote Pegging bay

you have 1 vote

Grin
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:39:04 AM

Personally, I don't think pegging is needed for now but if you want new investors (long term ones) then pegging will need to be in place otherwise lot of people won't touch it because of volatility.

I think there aren't many good devs in crypto and David is torn between smart contract & pegging. He has lot on his table and it's not easy to find someone reliable who knows the stuff.

On other hand I don't think BitBay team is just running around to make profit so they can run away if that had been the case there is no reason for them to post anymore. All in all if BitBay turns out to be a scam which I don't think it is..people will end up losing faith in altcoins in general and it'll be dead in few years.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:40:10 AM

There's now a 9 million Bay sellwall @ 90 sats.

Assuming that quantity was bought early in the IPO, that represents a loss of about 14 BTC.

Either that's some kind of "insider" trading or it's someone who's trying to even out their losses by temporarily pushing the price down, buying back in at half price, then removing the sellwall and dumping when the price comes back up.
Kevinrasf

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Well we must Peg to guarantee an steady value.

But not now since then you Basically screw all the ICO buyers Tongue.

The real Investors and fans have patience so In my opinion we have to wait for an better price then peg.

randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:57:04 AM

Pegging is an must in this coins purpose.

As an big Merchant you do not want to get paid In Bay and when you sell your Bay for EUR or whatever you suddenly get less.

You want BAY to have an steady value like reallife currencies, but with the nice additions that Crypto's offer.

Normal people don't even want to loose a single penny. So i also say that pegging is necessary. Yes, that is different, but somewhere you need to cross the line and do something new. But do not peg to a dollar immediately, maybe start much lower and let the price increase 0.1 cent every day!

Edit: And if trader don't like it, there are enough other coins to trade. If value is stable you don't need to steadily check the price and to trade which again modifies the price and which is what we don't want Smiley.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:01:00 AM

Well we must Peg to guarantee an steady value.

But not now since then you Basically screw all the ICO buyers Tongue.

The real Investors and fans have patience so In my opinion we have to wait for an better price then peg.

It depends on what their goal is long term. If the goal is to blend bitbay in decentralized marketplace which will have big vendors from Alibaba (their words) then pegging doesn't make a difference for now. All they have to do is buy their own Bay at 1 sat and peg it to $1..from there on ..supply as demand rises. So price won't fluctuate as much.

If there goal is to get investors then pegging makes sense or  volatility will keep people from investing in it. When I say investing I mean long term investors who believe in technology not day traitors.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:05:07 AM

Normal people don't even want to loose a single penny. So i also say that pegging is necessary.

Do any of you people even realise what you're talking about ?

Pegging is no substitute for a proper market valuation.

It amounts to standing on the beach and offering buckets of sand for sale at limited supply and $1000 each.

i.e. you can set the price at whatever you like but volume is a slight problem. Please think about what you're saying here. Pegging is not going to do sh*t for this coin if nobody wants it.

joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:09:00 AM

i vote too peg it too half a cent first
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:09:46 AM

Normal people don't even want to loose a single penny. So i also say that pegging is necessary.

Do any of you people even realise what you're talking about ?

Pegging is no substitute for a proper market valuation.

It amounts to standing on the beach and offering buckets of sand for sale at limited supply and $1000 each.

i.e. you can set the price at whatever you like but volume is a slight problem. Please think about what you're saying here. Pegging is not going to do sh*t for this coin if nobody wants it.

I see what you are saying here but pegging can bring volume because people want to sit out of BTC and hedge against it. ALSO we can grow the peg 5% a month. The may draw volume.
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:13:05 AM

toknormal, i didn't say to immediately peg to a high price. You can analyze market and then decide what price would be appropriate.

Edit: This, because i like investing but i don't have the time and passion to daytrade all my investments. So much coins suffer of daytrading and it looks like some coins are only born for trading but not really using it.

Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: