Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:02:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376997 times)
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:11:19 PM

Hahaha one of the biggest GAW shills (Daffy) has already posted the PDF on Hashtalk.

Now this makes no sense why would a shill (According to your definition an insider) post this on HT?
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:12:46 PM

What i see in this chat is fear, tons of fear that bitcoin holders will become bitcoin bagholders. Just read this thread and it's easy to spot those with fear in their post.

Wink

For real? Go back to kool-aid land, that's hilarious... you are obviously seriously mistaken. I'll keep my BTC and they will be worth much more than your stupid, non-existent shit-coin.

Obviously seriously... he's not. Go back to your fairytale land.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

@zerooverride said:

You actually go on bitcointalk ehhh its like the reddit of bitcoin lol
I try to keep informed of everything. Good and Bad. I have not seen anything bad that would worry me. They can't even talk for two pages without it resulting in a flame war with insults flying around. They are just a bunch of kids that don't know what they are talking about. From what I can read there they don't really understand the White-Paper or for that matter have ever read it.

No we don't understand it lol

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:21:16 PM

Would it help ANYONE if I had an open Q&A to address my motivations and reasoning for today's announcement?

Scott-
wdl1908

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:22:58 PM

Would it help ANYONE if I had an open Q&A to address my motivations and reasoning for today's announcement?

Scott-

Well I think someone else has come to the right conclusion already.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/21150/and-so-it-begins/210

I think the motivation is to disprove that GAW has mining equipment and if they don't then the SEC complaint about unregistered securities comes into play. This is just a fishing expedition.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:23:09 PM

Scott-

Yeah right here

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

Scott-

Yeah right here

OK, let's begin. Ask away and I will do my best to answer them in a direct manner. Even my critics are welcome to join as long as they keep it civil.

Scott-
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:30:14 PM

What's your goal? To prove there aren't enough miners? Then door in the face with sec? What if you tipped him off and he's buying every used miner he can? And lease the actual warehouse? What has the fcc said so far?

DirtFighter

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:41:14 PM

Scott-

Yeah right here

OK, let's begin. Ask away and I will do my best to answer them in a direct manner. Even my critics are welcome to join as long as they keep it civil.

Scott-

What started all this?...I remember you from HT and seemed you used to be  a happy and active member of that community.

What is the end game? what do you hope to accomplish?

Take a DEEP breath…thats still free
lothendriel

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

Yes. Why GAW specifically? There are quite a few other US mining operations. Don't you think this kind of action is counter-productive to the crypto community? Aren't we all supposed to be striving to help one another to bring crypto to the forefront of the public eye instead of tearing each other apart? What is your honest gut motivation in doing this?
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:52:35 PM

Don't you own a mining farm of your own?  How can you operate your HAM if you're sitting right next to a bunch of signal jammers?  Aren't you just as liable as GAW for owning and operating said miners?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:01:15 AM

Does this guy know what he is talking about? From this post on HT

https://hashtalk.org/topic/15099/i-think-i-figured-out-josh-s-plan

So lets say you're a big retailer, take Amazon for example. Sure, they could accept bitcoin, it's just software. But they wont, because your investment can go down as well as up. Amazon are not going to sell things for a currency that could be worthless tomorrow. Bitcoin has value right now, but tomorrow the price could fall to pennies and never come back up. This is true of all investments, not just bitcoin

Its my understanding that company's like newegg, overstock.com etc. are hosted by company's like coinbase etc. and transactions are managed and converted to fiat for the seller instantly at current BTC value, thus there is no risk for seller, coinbase excepts all the risk of BTC "falling to pennies" as he says in his HT post. lol So I guess his assumption is wrong or he is just uninformed. The retailer holds no BTC    Cry

He needs to do his homework a little more.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:05:23 AM

So lets say you're a big retailer, take Amazon for example. Sure, they could accept bitcoin, it's just software. But they wont, because your investment can go down as well as up. Amazon are not going to sell things for a currency that could be worthless tomorrow. Bitcoin has value right now, but tomorrow the price could fall to pennies and never come back up. This is true of all investments, not just bitcoin

Its my understanding that company's like newegg, overstock.com etc. are hosted by company's like coinbase etc. and transactions are managed and converted to fiat for the seller instantly at current BTC value, thus there is no risk for seller, coinbase excepts all the risk of BTC "falling to pennies" as he says in his HT post. lol So I guess his assumption is wrong or he is just uninformed. The retailer holds no BTC    Cry

Yes and no.  The point is that these companies are simply dumping for fiat, as you say instead of holding the crypto.  Insta dumping hurts the value.

GAW's vision is to create a stable coin so these companies won't immediately dump.  It's going to take time to get companies on board with this.
wdl1908

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:05:39 AM

That is just the point they can't hold onto btc because the price is so unstable. If they hold onto btc and the price falls with $10 then they lose. They have to convert to fiat and that is why there is so much sell pressure.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:06:02 AM

Hiyas Scott, thanks for hosting the AMA.

I'm one of the sometimes critics, sometimes not.

I dunno, I just feel like compared to some of the issues you have brought up, this one is alot weaker.   In terms of comparison to the Securities issues you have brought up, this seems a lot more frivolous, which sparked my Skipping Murder and Arson, and going straight to littering comment.

So my questions are as follows-  Is this part of your overall legal strat to deal with GAW?  ( I won't ask for a detailed plan, or a white paper, even if you could provide one with words that are not created to describe processes )   I don't need the details, but is this part of an overall effort, or just a shotgun approach, which is kind of what it feels like.

Secondly-  How do you feel about such tactics in terms of harming the overall mining enviroment.   If any large farm can be brought up on such charges, don't you think this hurts the US Bitcoin scene?  

My faith is in bitcoin, and I feel if this charge where to be made legitimate, that the harm to bitcoin would be greater then removing a potential ponzi.

T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:07:57 AM

Scott-

Yeah right here

Scott-

What is the end game plan / goal on these proceedings? Is it going to turn into a complete investigation. If so are there contact pages / details where like minded people can assist / donate and remain informed or is it under legal wraps for information to remain controlled?
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:10:54 AM

Yes and no.  The point is that these companies are simply dumping for fiat, as you say instead of holding the crypto.  Insta dumping hurts the value.

GAW's vision is to create a stable coin so these companies won't immediately dump.  It's going to take time to get companies on board with this.

A company will never hold crypto. It doesn't matter if it's bitcoin or paycoin. Crypto will always be too volatile compared to FIAT, no matter how much you try to financially back it. A free market is a free market, you cannot control the price of a coin forever. In this sense, paycoin will never truly be useful at all. Bitcoin already does a fine job of being used for transactions because of payment processors like Coinbase.

GAW is trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm sorry but it absolutely will not catch on anywhere besides the inner circle of Hashtalk.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:11:57 AM

MagNaMan

@FeePolice I honestly don't understand why you keep putting yourself into this position.. But quit playing the victum, you choose to speak up for scott. We are free to have the opinions we have, and as this isn't the first time for you, you should know better.

Quit causing drama

Yeah how dare you think for yourself and question anything or everything that doesn't make sense to you. I sure would love to know exactly what position it is that you are putting yourself into according to @MagNaMan. And Drama? Really? Because he wants the truth? There would be a whole lot more but anyone that speaks up is either instantly banned without their knowledge or is at least drowned out by the cult of blind-faith believers in anything and everything GAW.
lothendriel

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 12:16:01 AM

A company will never hold crypto. It doesn't matter if it's bitcoin or paycoin. Crypto will always be too volatile compared to FIAT, no matter how much you try to financially back it. A free market is a free market, you cannot control the price of a coin forever. In this sense, paycoin will never truly be useful at all. Bitcoin already does a fine job of being used for transactions because of payment processors like Coinbase.

GAW is trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm sorry but it absolutely will not catch on anywhere besides the inner circle of Hashtalk.

And you just did the same thing the general public did to Bitcoin when they said that Bitcoin would never be accepted as a payment form but many companies now use it. It just makes me sad kind of to see people within the community as a whole fighting each other. I don't know about you but the main reason I got into crypto was to support the cause. Of course there's money to be made but if all we focus on is the money then we're no better than the corrupt banking & financial institutions that the crypto movement was was invented to counter in the first place. This whole back and forth bickering makes us no better than the banking and financial systems that are currently in place. We all, I hope, came to this venture with a glimmer of hope of returning the power of money back to the average citizen. A currency that couldn't be manipulated and lorded over the common man.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:20:26 AM

@lothendriel

It just makes me sad kind of to see people within the community as a whole fighting each other. I don't know about you but the main reason I got into crypto was to support the cause. Of course there's money to be made but if all we focus on is the money then we're no better than the corrupt banking & financial institutions that the crypto movement was was invented to counter in the first place.

Since I can't reply to you on HT I'll do it here. You honestly believe that GAW gives a rats ass about crypto-currency as a whole and not just to make as much money as fast as they can so Josh can sell the company for billions as he has already stated? He is badmouthing bitcoin calling it not viable and that paycoin will fix everything and blow bitcoin away. He has the majority of HT users believing that. This is what you think is good for crypto-currencies as a whole?
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: