Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:31:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541884 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:50:24 AM

David, what were your thoughts ^^
I didn't know if you missed the post or not?

Hey a late reply, I was out of town for the weekend. Yeah as far as integrating the reputation system for merchants with staking and miners its not a good idea since they are two decentralized protocols done in completely different ways. So its hard to integrate the reputation system in that way per se. However, if you had a series of servers or master nodes that collected reputation data or spot prices or things like that then that might be something to look in to down the road.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:17:09 PM

David, what were your thoughts ^^
I didn't know if you missed the post or not?

Hey a late reply, I was out of town for the weekend. Yeah as far as integrating the reputation system for merchants with staking and miners its not a good idea since they are two decentralized protocols done in completely different ways. So its hard to integrate the reputation system in that way per se. However, if you had a series of servers or master nodes that collected reputation data or spot prices or things like that then that might be something to look in to down the road.

Thanks for helping me understand the complexity. I see what you mean now.

I'll keep 'stewing' on the concept.
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:46:16 PM

great to see Bitbay is still alive and David works on the coin!!!
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:27:35 PM

Everything seems to have slowed down? Whats happening next please. Will will see lagging to the dollar before winter?
Do we still have the ailibaba link?

Don't get me wrong I think David is a great Deb and very active!

Yeah, I think when the pegging is done and proven to work well then a lot of websites would be inclined to go with bitbay over all other crypto for price stability.

David seems excellent but is only one person.. the work behind the scenes is probably unimaginable to a person not familiar with this kind of work.

Problem is how can we speed things up with such a low market cap and low level of interest. W

On the other side of the argument.... could be best to keep it on the low burner whilst we try to grab up more cheap bitbays.

Depends on how much you believe in the coin i guess. I keep adding a few here and there. Would love to get 10M eventually.

The thing i like about bitbay is the features are very useful for everyday buying and selling online not just gimmicks like with some other coins.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:15:36 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 03:39:57 PM by cryptohunter2

How many senior or above members are interested in following this coin or support it in any way?
I mean how big is the bitbay community? The coin seems stupidly undervalued at this point. I can only think lack of awareness and understanding is holding it back.

BTC38 would bring it to the attention of the east.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:06:34 PM

Bitbay is extreme under valued! Nobody knows about it.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:57:01 AM

btc38 would be great for bitbay.

Indeed it would.

The thing is to push the marketing side of it now.... or await the pegging. I mean if we await the pegging and get it fully stable and get all the bugs ironed out.

Then we done some marketing get some volume going through on the exchanges.

Then we got some decent vendors using it since with pegging they can't lose on volitile spiking

That could be great.

We do have a few senior or above serious crypto people interested in BAY it would seem. It just seems so low in value considering all the things it has going for it?

It's terrible that none of us really has any coding skills to help david. Is there some team for other things? I see some nice graphical work has been done, and the website looks really nice too.

One thing that could be holding us back is the bitbay QT ... I mean i know it is just a standard wallet to coin to hold the tokens for now, but really I don't know why but it seems so buggy compared to some other qts on my machines. It takes ages to download the chain from scratch too.

I know it's not actually important right now but it would be cool for when people get started to have something as easy as possible with zero wating and frustration.

Is anyone here using the bitbay market place to sell things atm?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:55:03 AM

Indeed it would.

The thing is to push the marketing side of it now.... or await the pegging. I mean if we await the pegging and get it fully stable and get all the bugs ironed out.

Then we got some decent vendors using it since with pegging they can't lose on volitile spiking

That could be great.

We do have a few senior or above serious crypto people interested in BAY it would seem. It just seems so low in value considering all the things it has going for it?

It's terrible that none of us really has any coding skills to help david. Is there some team for other things? I see some nice graphical work has been done, and the website looks really nice too.

One thing that could be holding us back is the bitbay QT ... I mean i know it is just a standard wallet to coin to hold the tokens for now, but really I don't know why but it seems so buggy compared to some other qts on my machines. It takes ages to download the chain from scratch too.

I know it's not actually important right now but it would be cool for when people get started to have something as easy as possible with zero wating and frustration.

Well it is undervalued because the casual investor only cares about price and not tech. Half the projects dont even have a real dev and are just fake. Even Etherium had absolutely no product for years and spent the entire time raising money with no actual proof of concept.

There is a lot of senior bitcointalk members interested and obviously the code was of interest enough to draw a lot of people to its unfortunate launch.

Also, it is fair to mention the progress made on the client in the last year (comparing screenshots alone) a lot of features have been added and of course the decentralized markets.

The people we have on our team are mostly the slack members. We have a couple people who did graphics mostly meta who did our site which I have to admit looks excellent. And the slack members helped find artists for the new logo, promotional materials and everything else which I made sure everyone we contracted got paid of course.

The reason the QT is buggy is because it was not built with complete source code. Oxidians github is missing files so it cant even build bitbayd for some platforms. I have a more updated source which is good for the daemon but it wont run qt. It would be nice to see a new qt but we have to consider that very soon it will be phased out. I might even fork early to get rid of the qt before we even start to peg.

I just bought a new laptop today actually for testing and may buy a couple more cheap ones just to see a few different systems. Aside from any VMs im going to run.

By the way, to avoid the sync, you should look at how Ive coded Bithalo. That version of Halo actually doesnt download a blockchain.

The reason i download a blockchain for Bitbay and BLK is because I want to make sure the data is 100% reliable (like blockchain.info). I used 3 different apis for Bithalos balance checking to avoid mistakes at all costs since these are contracts and we cant afford unreliable info.

HOWEVER, since Im coding a decentralized exchange, technically im going to have to start relying on online block explorers for altcoins. Plus, i dont see why bitbay cant do both once that functionality is complete? Just a though. I'm trying to not promise more than I already have on my plate though.

Some sales have been done on the Bitbay market. Someone sold a tire pressure gauge, trading cards, cash for coins, fawcet contracts, stickers and promotional materials. So I think thats a pretty good start for our first year. Hell the only thing anyone ever bought with Bitcoin was a pizza! For like 10,000 btc haha

The reality is, I would LOVE coders. Did you know that I posted to find someone to simply build a cross platform blackcoind and bitbayd build on reddit and on a few job search platforms and found absolutely nobody?!?

It was sad, I have a hard time simply getting a damn build. Of course, Im going to build those myself but to get them cross platform and stable requires some testing and ive been working on other things.

I was in Cambodia, tried to hire, had 3 coders who didnt contribute a single line of code. Sad i know. I spent 1 month training them and after saw the sluggish speed of how they struggled and gave up on them. Two of them quit. They only really managed to build the daemon, get blackcoin and bitbay running and they practiced on some small projects i gave them that took them forever. A thing one of them took an entire week to do, i did in one hour.

So I tried to look into India, was there for a month, but found out that i need to apply for a 3 month or more visa from the usa and India doesnt take bribes anymore haha. So that was out. Plus they are ballbusters anyways. I was concerned about the training issue and time commitment since I knew I had to produce markets asap... ( so i did Cheesy ).

I tried hiring a guy from Blackcoin under a BlackHalo contract for a basic refactor. At first it was good, he did a decent amount of work (proof that double deposit works!) BUT he started to get lazy after 2 weeks. He had a bunch of things changed with file management, cleaned up some stuff etc. The problem was, I was working on the code at the same time and we werent using github. SO he was frustrated since I didnt merge the code, he asked for about 5 time extensions and eventually disappeared completely. So the contract ended.

Unfortunately, I ended up not using a single line since I already refactored the file mangement in Halo core myself.

So I also tried hiring a few other crypto guys but they take weeks to respond and just suck. They either dont understand my source code, or are obviously planning to pad their hours. (where are the good cheap ones hiding?)

I'm looking into hiring here in Mexico... since I'm not far. And the quality and price might be alright plus i speak spanish. But its very hard to say again if they will understand the code or bitcoin. Coders are hard to find. Bitcoin coders are impossible to find. Cheap bitcoin coders are like unicorns... they dont exist.

So, I'm stuck coding alone. And by the way your assessment was correct. The amount of work for one coder is insane and unhealthy! But we've made it this far, this client is like 10000 times more badass than any client out there. Its STILL the only client in the world that does contracts, still the only one with true decentralized markets, and like 10 other cool features.

On a side note about marketing, to bring in some extra cash and to help a buddy out, I spent the past week making some marketing bots for a friend... and maybe they can be useful for crypto related projects. Mostly for forums, online promotion social media... all automation bots. The thing is, I'm not so interested in marketing heavily until the pegging is complete so we dont worry about volatility.

By the way, are you on slack? Its been a bit quiet there lately.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:52:31 AM

thanks david for the very detailed answer.

I can only imagine how hard it is to get guys who can actually help with this project.

I know you have posted on various places for help. Do you think there are any devs on this board that we could inspire to come work with us on this. I mean are there not vital (less secret) tasks they could do? but still the work they would do would really help boost us on.

I was wonder if the community could all donate some bitbay to a big developement pot which we could use to bring other devs on to the team to assist you with your work

I think we should keep all the coding or as much as possible of the vital stuff to for you knowledge only and closed source as possible until we have a clear lead in the areas you have been working for so long.

I mean if we could raise say a few million bays in a pot do you think we could bring on another dev or 2 from here to help us? then again we would ideally want them invested in the project not just dumping our coins back on the market.

If we could devise some ROI projects for bay that would be good too.

Thing is nobody really donates much unless they get something in return or else everyone sits there waiting for everyone else to donate for projects...the secret is getting them some return for donating ....even though a higher price for BAY should be a good enough reason it doesn't work because even those that don't donate benefit the same as those that do donate. Shame we can't think of a way to reward those that donate only.

Or even reward for doing tasks - if we had a pot where you did various tasks and got paid with bay that could be useful too.

Even so I'm very impressed with the work done so far. I think people are just unaware of this project right now. If we could get on poloniex that would really help along with btc38. It's a shame the wallet is so buggy i wonder if that can bring consideration from poloniex?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:38:25 AM

thanks david for the very detailed answer.

I can only imagine how hard it is to get guys who can actually help with this project.

I know you have posted on various places for help. Do you think there are any devs on this board that we could inspire to come work with us on this. I mean are there not vital (less secret) tasks they could do? but still the work they would do would really help boost us on.

I was wonder if the community could all donate some bitbay to a big developement pot which we could use to bring other devs on to the team to assist you with your work

I think we should keep all the coding or as much as possible of the vital stuff to for you knowledge only and closed source as possible until we have a clear lead in the areas you have been working for so long.

I mean if we could raise say a few million bays in a pot do you think we could bring on another dev or 2 from here to help us? then again we would ideally want them invested in the project not just dumping our coins back on the market.

If we could devise some ROI projects for bay that would be good too.

Thing is nobody really donates much unless they get something in return or else everyone sits there waiting for everyone else to donate for projects...the secret is getting them some return for donating ....even though a higher price for BAY should be a good enough reason it doesn't work because even those that don't donate benefit the same as those that do donate. Shame we can't think of a way to reward those that donate only.

Or even reward for doing tasks - if we had a pot where you did various tasks and got paid with bay that could be useful too.

Even so I'm very impressed with the work done so far. I think people are just unaware of this project right now. If we could get on poloniex that would really help along with btc38. It's a shame the wallet is so buggy i wonder if that can bring consideration from poloniex?

I wouldnt say anything I'm doing is secret... because its hard work anyways and I share source with other devs. But finding someone qualified is hard. The syscoin dev hangs out here, but i know he is super busy on his project... most good crypto devs are busy with their own thing Smiley

Ive got some Bitbay I could chip in, I've not spent any of it since the launch. In fact, I bought a little bit when it was low at 40. But you know a dev might want BTC? I'm not sure but its an interesting idea. We could look for devs in reddit at r/bitcoin or even on odesk. But finding a cheap one who is trustworthy who doesnt procrastinate and who follows through is almost impossible. This is why I'm looking into Mexico. Plus I've got tons of friends down there.

In the meantime, I'm here coding! Right now setting up my new computer and building distributables. The speed of my updates will pick up very soon! Now I'm home, no distractions and just catching up on work.

Only the QT wallet is buggy. The markets wallet only has a few minor bugs but nothing that interferes with markets or contracts.

Poloniex is almost definitely looking for VOLUME. That brings them money and low volume will not make them want to bring it on.

Hopefully when I get to coding NightTrader that the decentralized exchange will be fast enough that people will want to use it. I'm still facing some speed decisions.

Either way, this year we should see the complete client.

the_wolf

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:03:28 PM

Either way, this year we should see the complete client.

Been holding Bay since ICO.
Great to see you say that!
Thanks again David for all your hard work.
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:55:25 PM

l m also holding since ico and no intentions to sell, Bay will be huge.Thanks very much David for great work you have done so far.
 Cheesy Cheesy
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:59:29 PM

Once pegged it will be very attractive to all crypto related businesses!
Would be great if more people could be made of what is happening with Bitbay! Shame nobody is aware we exist.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:26:25 PM

Indeed it would.

That could be great.

The chain can be downloaded quickly at Cryptochainer.

http://cryptochainer.com/dir/

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:41:46 PM

it seems we do have quite a few full members and above that are still very interested in BAY. It's a shame we can't coordinate our efforts into doing something for this project.

There isn't much bay for sale at current prices I mean try and even grab 50M of it. People are not selling. The market cap has been stable for a while really.

Marketing and awareness are key right now whilst we await pegging and the other features. If we can build some awareness and volume we can get on poloniex and btc38 this will bring more awareness and interest in the project. It is a real sleeper right now. In a perverse way the scammers that tried to ruin this coin could have given us a better opportunity that we realise here.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:14:48 PM

A long blog about smart contracts.

Thought it might be of interest.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:33:09 AM

Great read. Thanks for the link. I wonder what Sidhujag has in mind to tackle the issue. I mean there's got to be a solution to it right?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:16:04 AM

Great read. Thanks for the link. I wonder what Sidhujag has in mind to tackle the issue. I mean there's got to be a solution to it right?

Bizarre he thinks you need lawyers still and doesnt seem to know about Halo. You dont need lawyers/courts with Halo and Bitbay since enforcement is built in.

Why would he write the article and leave out the Halo use case? Since those contracts dont have the problem he described at all. Since the protocol relies on the already existing rules of the blockchain.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:09:51 AM

i totally agree with it, and this is where me and david differ in oppinions although we are in sync with the end goal, the path we choose are opposite, I feel that in order to disrupt this market you must work within the current guidelines and offer interim solutions before the market adjusts without shock and realizes they can cut the middkemen out entirely.

Case in point, here in vancouver we have a huge rei bubble going on, with rei agents shadow flipping properties by front running real bids and reselling properties before their closing within 6 months making up to $300k in some deals at little to no risk. The superintndnt of rei was issued a mandate recently to discover tools and processes to combat this type of problem.. What me and my coworker thought of is this, although i pitched him the blockchain concept he convinced me an even more naive solution was required to patch the prblem first.. being able to audit the process of bidding on a property as a buyer represented by an rei agent.

So we have mls.ca and they process the sales and transactions and have an api, mostly a pull api to get info.. We simply force them to allow pushes and track bids of buyers represented by rei agents.. You cant cut rei agents out of the loop initially, the politics amd corruption reins up the ladder and it wont happen, atleast not with government help.

So you now can audit via mls and have to trust mls is accurate if courts look.

Then you offer a system that lets you track via a blockchain whereby you can issue something like a syscoin certificate to an rei agent, one to the bidder and have the pair required to place a bid on an offer (to sell the property).. Since rei agents are supposed to provide value in terms of competitivr bargaining on behalf of clients as well as provide insight into which properties the buyer should bid on it would require that the buyer would work with an agent to place a bid. Lawyers would need to be involved to oversee the documents that thr rei agent would get signed by the buyer that he can legally place bids for the buyer and it can be stored in th certificate data section as a scanned image or hash of a document. Now if it goes to court the judge can simply see what the rei agent did and confirm the buyer allowed them to bid, aswell as the buyer would br able to audit what the rei agent is doing for the buyer, all with ability to prove that you were the owner of certain certificates because you own the private keys, and you signed a notary witnesses document for the rei agent which is part of your certificate. When the sysoin offer is sold the commission is assigned to the rei agent and buyer pays the property price through an escrow. This id just an example off top of my head where you work in steps to solve these problems..

Later when market realizes that you can discover prices through some online metric and you can filter out properties you ewnt to bid on, you can lobby to remove the rei agent out of the equation and have direct buyer seller interaction without the need for lawyers or middle men, the final step in the evolution of the smart contract for the everyday world.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:08:15 PM

i totally agree with it, and this is where me and david differ in oppinions although we are in sync with the end goal, the path we choose are opposite, I feel that in order to disrupt this market you must work within the current guidelines and offer interim solutions before the market adjusts without shock and realizes they can cut the middkemen out entirely.

Case in point, here in vancouver we have a huge rei bubble going on, with rei agents shadow flipping properties by front running real bids and reselling properties before their closing within 6 months making up to $300k in some deals at little to no risk. The superintndnt of rei was issued a mandate recently to discover tools and processes to combat this type of problem.. What me and my coworker thought of is this, although i pitched him the blockchain concept he convinced me an even more naive solution was required to patch the prblem first.. being able to audit the process of bidding on a property as a buyer represented by an rei agent.

So we have mls.ca and they process the sales and transactions and have an api, mostly a pull api to get info.. We simply force them to allow pushes and track bids of buyers represented by rei agents.. You cant cut rei agents out of the loop initially, the politics amd corruption reins up the ladder and it wont happen, atleast not with government help.

So you now can audit via mls and have to trust mls is accurate if courts look.

Then you offer a system that lets you track via a blockchain whereby you can issue something like a syscoin certificate to an rei agent, one to the bidder and have the pair required to place a bid on an offer (to sell the property).. Since rei agents are supposed to provide value in terms of competitivr bargaining on behalf of clients as well as provide insight into which properties the buyer should bid on it would require that the buyer would work with an agent to place a bid. Lawyers would need to be involved to oversee the documents that thr rei agent would get signed by the buyer that he can legally place bids for the buyer and it can be stored in th certificate data section as a scanned image or hash of a document. Now if it goes to court the judge can simply see what the rei agent did and confirm the buyer allowed them to bid, aswell as the buyer would br able to audit what the rei agent is doing for the buyer, all with ability to prove that you were the owner of certain certificates because you own the private keys, and you signed a notary witnesses document for the rei agent which is part of your certificate. When the sysoin offer is sold the commission is assigned to the rei agent and buyer pays the property price through an escrow. This id just an example off top of my head where you work in steps to solve these problems..

Later when market realizes that you can discover prices through some online metric and you can filter out properties you ewnt to bid on, you can lobby to remove the rei agent out of the equation and have direct buyer seller interaction without the need for lawyers or middle men, the final step in the evolution of the smart contract for the everyday world.

There is an extremely lucrative real estate trick that you can do very similar to the one mentioned above. Anyone who wants to make a killing can do this although its not entirely fair to buyers and sellers. Its called "double escrow" not to be confused with double deposit. Basically, in real estate you offer a listing an exclusive option in exchange for a dollar or whatever they accept. The option agreement might give you a few months to decide to execute. Then you secure an escrow company to find a cash buyer. You underbid on the house you optioned (like a 1 million dollar house you offer 900,000). THEN you find a the cash buyer who wants a 1 mil house for 950!

Next part is easy, you set up two escrows and pocket the difference. This amazingly is legal! It doesnt even need to be disclosed in some states which is totally ridiculous since most RE transactions require disclosing things as ridiculous as a ghost being on the property! (like how could you prove that)... Anyways, the difference in net is zero risk for the person securing the escrows. They make 50,000 on a deal they were never involved in. Double escrow was one of the many reasons for the real estate crash because of inflated prices and the ease of the deal.

Now consider that there is another deal much more effective since it eliminates you completely and you operate 100% as a silent middle man. You do the same, underbid on a million dollar house at 900,000 but maybe do it to 100 houses getting the options as cheap as possible. Then you shop the underbid portfolio to buyers and their real estate agents. This is called "find and assign". The find and assign technique is just literally options and selling the actual piece of paper since you add a clause in the contract to make the option assignable. Now you are an invisible middle man who can net anywhere from 1-50 thousand dollars per assignment depending on how awesome you got the bid. (Imagine if you bid on a hotel or a bulk amount of land, the assignment becomes extremely valuable if the bid was good).

These are examples sidhujag just like you mentioned above. Good business models but totally contrary to a realtors fiduciary responsibility. Find and assign is more ethical than double escrow since the lack of disclosure is a little unfair to the parties involved. As a realtor, I am forced to disclose double escrow here in california but in some states i think its still okay. In fact, these deals not having a license is better than having it since there is absolutely no fiduciary responsibility. Knowledge of the law actually hinders you.

Traditional real estate is totally corrupt. Especially zoning laws which have basically zoned off grid living out of existence and is a direct infringement on the freedom of mankind.

Anyways, sidhujag you are actually correct in your assessment that people will take a very long time to warm up to smart contracts since it requires them to think differently about everything they do. Also it moves consumers from a "trust" society to a "trustless" one. Of course its superior, but it takes time for people to adjust. I hope they wake up sooner than later. Hopefully one day people will decide they have had enough of middle men jacking up prices of everything.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: