Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541866 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:16:49 PM

Thank you for your feedback P-Funk.
The hash discrepancy is already being discussed in core team. We will fix that.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 06:49:45 PM

... I have fought the bit.ly links and didn't think they were necessary at all. But the dev of the website bitbay.market says they are needed for tracking downloads. I would assume there is ways of doing that without using bit.ly but I'm not a web dev so i dont know.

Just out of curiousity, do any of the devs on this project have a public face, or is everybody anonymous?

There is only one dev. That's David and his face is public.

In regards to the people on the team they are not public -sort of. Those that have been around on slack long enough have all the info they need to "unmask" most team members.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:49:46 PM

I'm not attempting to FUD, I wanted to provide feedback from someone just stumbling into it and wanting to check it out to see how it works. I highlighted the hash discrepancy because that's a pretty big red flag to me.

My environment is Windows 7 Pro x64 in VMware. No antivirus. I'm not finding any crashlog.dat

re: bit.ly, if it really has to be used, might as well put the exe installer in a .zip so people don't get the off-putting warning from them.

re: Language selection, I don't know if there needs to be example text at all, but if you must, maybe truncate it to just Hello, as Hello world has connotations of placeholder and programming beginners. Most language selection prompts usually just have the text "Select language:" above the drop down box, and English or local language will be defaulted in the box, requiring the user to only hit the OK button. Really just a minor nitpick Smiley

I see why it comes up but I mention the UAC prompt being odd because most cryptocurrency wallets/programs don't have it, and it just intuitively doesn't seem like the kind of program that would need it. I don't know much about UAC except I know I've seen options in programs like CCleaner where they can disable the prompt. Re: your question about it asking for admin privs, the prompt says: C:\BitBay\bitbay.exe asadmin

Right okay so I sent you a private message P-Funk, thanks for the feedback and i was almost certain it wasn't fud because those were all legitimate points you made some that i wanted to change myself.

Many of the things you pointed out such as UAC for example, are not in other cryptocurrency programs because most crypto programs are not very good. They are not secure and they don't do things like decentralized markets and unbreakable contracts. This software does many things far beyond what a normal Qt can do.

This is software coded entirely from scratch. Its 50,000 lines of completely original code. It does things from automated joint accounts to steganography. Its a complete crypto suite. Not to mention it works in 3 different currencies!

And yes the prompt says asadmin which is a little software trick to ask the computer for example UAC to elevate to admin so that you as a software user don't have to do it yourself. And this admin access is asked for a few reasons. On some operating systems we would have bitbayd or bitmhalo(bitmessage) crash or not have write access etc. Also without admin some systems may restrict the ability to launch them as subprocesses from the console. So obviously thats bad and the only way to run it is as admin. Instead of asking the user to do that manually i let the program elevate itself from command prompt.

So I also sent you a PM, i have no idea why the program didn't load after you chose the language. Did you finish the setup wizard? Did you minimize it to the system tray? Did bitbay.exe stop running? We have hardly ever had problems running Bitbay on windows 7 64 bit. I code exclusively on Windows 7 pro 64 bit with no antivirus myself.

Did you let it install to C:\bitbay\ or did you change that directory to program files? Because some systems will not let me store files locally within that directory. This is why other coins put everything in users/(yourname)/appdata/roaming etc

I would like to know more about why the program quit. Did you allow it to use your firewall? Any P2P programs need to do that for example uTorrent does that.

Once you get set up I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to do a smart contract with you. Smiley
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:34:09 PM

So much development on Bitbay! Should easily be a top 30 coin!

Glad to see people are starting to see what David has created here and continuing to develop.

An active Dev who responds to queries & constructive criticism! Very rare these days.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:32:50 AM

I'm not attempting to FUD, I wanted to provide feedback from someone just stumbling into it and wanting to check it out to see how it works. I highlighted the hash discrepancy because that's a pretty big red flag to me.

My environment is Windows 7 Pro x64 in VMware. No antivirus. I'm not finding any crashlog.dat

re: bit.ly, if it really has to be used, might as well put the exe installer in a .zip so people don't get the off-putting warning from them.

re: Language selection, I don't know if there needs to be example text at all, but if you must, maybe truncate it to just Hello, as Hello world has connotations of placeholder and programming beginners. Most language selection prompts usually just have the text "Select language:" above the drop down box, and English or local language will be defaulted in the box, requiring the user to only hit the OK button. Really just a minor nitpick Smiley

I see why it comes up but I mention the UAC prompt being odd because most cryptocurrency wallets/programs don't have it, and it just intuitively doesn't seem like the kind of program that would need it. I don't know much about UAC except I know I've seen options in programs like CCleaner where they can disable the prompt. Re: your question about it asking for admin privs, the prompt says: C:\BitBay\bitbay.exe asadmin

Right okay so I sent you a private message P-Funk, thanks for the feedback and i was almost certain it wasn't fud because those were all legitimate points you made some that i wanted to change myself.

Many of the things you pointed out such as UAC for example, are not in other cryptocurrency programs because most crypto programs are not very good. They are not secure and they don't do things like decentralized markets and unbreakable contracts. This software does many things far beyond what a normal Qt can do.

This is software coded entirely from scratch. Its 50,000 lines of completely original code. It does things from automated joint accounts to steganography. Its a complete crypto suite. Not to mention it works in 3 different currencies!

And yes the prompt says asadmin which is a little software trick to ask the computer for example UAC to elevate to admin so that you as a software user don't have to do it yourself. And this admin access is asked for a few reasons. On some operating systems we would have bitbayd or bitmhalo(bitmessage) crash or not have write access etc. Also without admin some systems may restrict the ability to launch them as subprocesses from the console. So obviously thats bad and the only way to run it is as admin. Instead of asking the user to do that manually i let the program elevate itself from command prompt.

So I also sent you a PM, i have no idea why the program didn't load after you chose the language. Did you finish the setup wizard? Did you minimize it to the system tray? Did bitbay.exe stop running? We have hardly ever had problems running Bitbay on windows 7 64 bit. I code exclusively on Windows 7 pro 64 bit with no antivirus myself.

Did you let it install to C:\bitbay\ or did you change that directory to program files? Because some systems will not let me store files locally within that directory. This is why other coins put everything in users/(yourname)/appdata/roaming etc

I would like to know more about why the program quit. Did you allow it to use your firewall? Any P2P programs need to do that for example uTorrent does that.

Once you get set up I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to do a smart contract with you. Smiley
Ok so here's something interesting. I went through the trouble of cloning a relatively fresh Windows 7 install to a disk so I could stay safe but avoid the VM.

The client downloaded from bitbay.market doesn't work no matter what I do, bitbay.exe runs three instances but doesn't get as far as the account/backup setup wizard. But the one I download from the OP of this thread does. The discrepancy between the two versions is still shady to me. I wouldn't trust someone else to run the website for your software.

I threw the bootstrap.dat in the bitbaydata directory, not sure if it's using it but I'm syncing up now.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:13:24 AM

Ok so here's something interesting. I went through the trouble of cloning a relatively fresh Windows 7 install to a disk so I could stay safe but avoid the VM.

The client downloaded from bitbay.market doesn't work no matter what I do, bitbay.exe runs three instances but doesn't get as far as the account/backup setup wizard. But the one I download from the OP of this thread does. The discrepancy between the two versions is still shady to me. I wouldn't trust someone else to run the website for your software.

I threw the bootstrap.dat in the bitbaydata directory, not sure if it's using it but I'm syncing up now.

Its funny you should say that, there was a lengthy debate about that on slack yesterday. I do trust the web dev honestly but we talked about hosting the files on my server. But they don't wanting redirecting to a different domain and think i shouldn't distract myself from coding to do a domain transfer and they want control of the site cause its a community thing.

The OP is straight from my domain. Davtonia.com is my company and the host of BitHalo and BlackHalo. But it does not host Bitbay... they could be hosting an old version.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:42:56 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 08:55:12 AM by wosch76

nice news here.
https://news.bitcoin.com/five-bitcoin-features-excited-about/
bitbay isn't mentioned, but BitHalo and pegging, so it points in the right direction Smiley

Bitbay has a bright future Grin

edit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1400089.0

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
P-Funk

Token

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:01:24 AM

I just got the client synced up. Using the bootstrap.dat, it took about 3 hours on an i5-2500K @ 3.5GHz and SSD.

Impressions: I skipped through most of the account setup quickly but I was impressed with the redundant key saving options, especially the image steganography Smiley

Once synced I expected to find something on the market, even a test offer, but there's nothing listed.

Because I went through it quickly and didn't bother with all of the options at first, I'd like to see an option to go through that wizard again in the client, possibly when File -> New Wallet is chosen.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:53:57 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 12:14:51 PM by 3r197

I just got the client synced up. Using the bootstrap.dat, it took about 3 hours on an i5-2500K @ 3.5GHz and SSD.

Impressions: I skipped through most of the account setup quickly but I was impressed with the redundant key saving options, especially the image steganography Smiley

Once synced I expected to find something on the market, even a test offer, but there's nothing listed.

Because I went through it quickly and didn't bother with all of the options at first, I'd like to see an option to go through that wizard again in the client, possibly when File -> New Wallet is chosen.

Yea well I did have my BitBay Faucet on the market but it was in a private market called "BitBay Faucet". I had it setup that way so users could learn how the marketplace works as you can essentially create or join a private/personal market/shop that only you or someone else could set up. It's essentially a password. So if you only wanted a select clientele bidding on your 'shop' you would create a market and send them the name of the market for them to see it only.

I added another faucet to the "BitBay" market as well just so you can see the difference, but if you want to try to earn both faucets you'll have to join "BitBay Faucet" market in the client's "Market" tab.

edit: Pulling from an old post back when I first started the faucet

The beta marketplace is released for Windows OS. So far that are three templates to utilize; Custom Contracts, Buy Coins, and Sell Coins.

To download simply goto the OP or to the websites - bitbay.market or bitbaymarket.net
This is the core client currently version 1.21.

Yet when David releases templates, he provides update links that you simply download and install over the existing core client.
The latest client update can be found on page 112. Or simply dowload: www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbayupdate.exe

You will need to wait for the client to sync to the blockchain 100% before the client will allow you to utilize it's features, this takes anywhere from 6 - 10 hours.
For a faster sync you can download a bootstrap (link in OP) that you can use to import the blockchain.

To Install:
Download and install the Client as described above.
Download the bootstrap.dat file from the OP link.
Unzip the bootstrap.dat file to C:Bitbay\bitbaydata
Start your client and it should sync about twice as fast.

We will consider faster options for coming releases.
Soon we will have a bootstrap.bat file included into the client updates for convenience.

Once you've loaded up the Client and create your account by following the setup wizard, feel free to try out the BitBay Faucet built into the Client's Marketplace.
Simply goto the "Market" tab of the client.
On the right hand side of the client you should see a feature called "Add/Join Market", click on it.
Then type in the pop up window: Bitbay Faucet   
The marketplace will take a few minutes to get added into your client. You can see if it's been added by clicking on the top right drop down box. You should see default markets: "ALL", "Bitbay", and once joined, "Bitbay Faucet"
You should see my faucet contract feel free to click on it to accept 1000 free coins.
If you have any questions let us know. Wink

The website, bitbay.market has lots of information about the client. You can also click on the "Help" tab at the top of the Client and read the "Documentation" file
3r197

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:00:20 PM

nice news here.
bitbay isn't mentioned, but BitHalo and pegging, so it points in the right direction Smiley

edit:

Wow! Thanks for the link Wosch76!

I'll reply to him as well

P-Funk

Token

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:49:28 PM

I see the faucet now, and a couple other contracts. I tried to claim the faucet but I got a popup box: Error loading return address

The popups warning about understanding the contract language are also clunky, the Thanks buttons really do nothing, if you press them the transaction doesn't go through, you have to click the "don't show this again" button for the transaction to go through.

I suggest a back button to bring you back to the contract window from the Contact Information dialog, if you hit Accept and want to cancel out of the contact info screen, you have to redo the contract.
metakid

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:05:37 PM

Hey guys,

so we've just pushed up the same file posted to OP by David to the official site. Nobody informed us that OP links had been changed to point to davtonia or for that matter that a different version to the one on the official site was being served from there. As such we were not in a position to do anything about the file (which dates from August 2015) that was on the server.

Fixed now  Smiley
3r197

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:07:35 PM

I see the faucet now, and a couple other contracts. I tried to claim the faucet but I got a popup box: Error loading return address

The popups warning about understanding the contract language are also clunky, the Thanks buttons really do nothing, if you press them the transaction doesn't go through, you have to click the "don't show this again" button for the transaction to go through.

I suggest a back button to bring you back to the contract window from the Contact Information dialog, if you hit Accept and want to cancel out of the contact info screen, you have to redo the contract.

That's weird. Never had that happen to me before. I'm off to work. Maybe we can work it out with David when I get back
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:14:20 PM

nice news here.

edit:

Wow! Thanks for the link Wosch76!

I'll reply to him as well
no prob.
I think bitbay fits perfectly into this context.
I hope JP is as excited as we are Grin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:32:57 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 05:59:48 AM by dzimbeck

Hey a few things. When the client first starts, the decentralized markets take time to load the offers. It doesnt have a "blockchain" its peer to peer based on Bitmessage. So it takes a moment to get caught up since Bitmessage holds only 2 days of memory.

Okay the next thing, the whole "error loading return address". The prompt also says "please check THEIR preferred contact method". EDIT: there is another part of my code where i didnt elaborate on that text, i changed it to match. Anyways, there are two methods of p2p communication. The first is email, the second is Bitmessage. The setup wizard recommends having both.

The reason i dont only use Bitmessage exclusively was because it is still being worked on by Aetheros and I want people to have a second less decentralized option of email.

Emails is STILL very anonymous because it uses end to end encryption in Bitbay. So all those emails will arrive encrypted. I should also tell you that Pay To Email also uses Steganography.

Anyways, you can contract in either Bitmessage or Email but a person who posts Email as their preferred method of contact will not accept Bitmessage offers. Perhaps i should allow them to use "either". But that would require changing a good amount of code and i dont have time to change that.

So to respond to that fawcet contract you should set up an email or ask 3r to post one where bitmessage is the preferred contact method.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:36:19 AM

Also, i should add to my earlier comment. You can see your Bitmessage address and email address in the Receive tab. Make sure you can at least see the bitmessage address. You can add an email on that tab.

I like the suggestion about allowing people to run through the setup wizard again. Its true once they skip it there is no way back to it.
Also you CAN save information you enter into all contract templates. If you are at the home screen and you try for example "Sell coins" or "Buy coins" you will see an option in that panel to save the information for later. This means you never have to enter it twice. Only when doing a custom contract there is no save option.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:26:42 AM

Hi
l m trying to run Bay qt l m afraid it s keep crashing and above pops up l don t know why this happens.
Help appericated
Regards
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:22:22 AM

Assertion failed is not a bitbay error its a common qt error.

Just need to follow the instructions here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2547

or even here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/12997/assertion-failed-when-i-try-to-open-bitcoin-wallet

Just make sure you always back up your wallet.dat Smiley
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:10:01 PM

Assertion failed is not a bitbay error its a common qt error.

Just need to follow the instructions here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2547

or even here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/12997/assertion-failed-when-i-try-to-open-bitcoin-wallet

Just make sure you always back up your wallet.dat Smiley
Hi David
will follow above links
Many Thanks
Have a nice weekend Cheesy
3r197

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:11:53 PM

Bump from back in May of 2015. These are what are coming to the BitBay Client.

Back to work Cheesy ... *cracks knuckles*

Ok so im pushing for an update pretty soon guys.
Waiting!

Not the only one, me and my wallet are also waiting. Not able do nothing without an update

Yeah this next update is major. I'm working on all templates. To give an idea how intense it is, ive attached screen shots. Bartering for example has 2 lists of items. A wish list of things you want and a list of things you have. People can trade their list with yours and Halo calculates the values of everything. So it will be extremely easy to find out how much Gold to send in exchange for potatoes and avocados. You can even combine goods and services BitBay is only used to insure the transactions so its critical to find out what the deposit has to be. Currently, it depends on: How big each shipment is, how much quantity you can sell and how many things in your list you will accept in exchange.

Shipping is another matter entirely. I'm relying mostly on DHL because its in every country. This will be only for calculating shipping. Buyers will be able to calculate this (if i can find a good api). Sellers might have free shipping, request buyer to calculate or request the negotiate that only when in escrow.

The three templates for offers are mostly done but countering is an entirely different ui in some cases (like in barter). Also the interface while in escrow in also different. So my estimate for time to spend coding on this, didnt consider some of the complexities of the templates themselves. Anyways, im making progress and hope to be done soon.

Screenshots:
Forms can be complex or simple depending on what is selected which reveals hidden sections.
https://i.imgur.com/vpw5vVm.jpg

Same form with less selected...
https://i.imgur.com/zdVVEDq.jpg

With cash deals, you need to supply funding info... but this info in withheld until the deal funds
https://i.imgur.com/CDvHp75.jpg

Standard employment contract. The unique feature here is automated payments with submission of progress reports.
https://i.imgur.com/xJjIC0P.jpg

A Standard Sellers contract... its been recommended most people will want to debate shipping while in escrow, not before
https://i.imgur.com/Arid7xP.jpg

Wanna see something cool?! How about a reverse auction!? This can attract traffic to the market.
https://i.imgur.com/virQBTY.jpg

The most INTENSE contract... bartering. Very complex for me to code this. We can figure out how much gold is worth an avocado. Goods/Services can be matched. The only thing is, since both parties ship things, there is no real way to calculate shipping, its assumed to be part of the price for now or it gets sorted out in escrow.
https://i.imgur.com/ivnW6CX.jpg

Adding an item might be more advanced or not depending on the item. My idea is to encourage farm co-ops.
https://i.imgur.com/oRS69pI.jpg

The software magically knows what everything is worth and barters the items. You make your offer to the seller on this screen.
https://imgur.com/SI3uAia

Anyways, let me know your feedback, the shipping is by far the most complex issue. On slack we discussed giving the option to sort it out in escrow. But ive listed a few other options as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: