Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:27:57 AM

Is it worth us getting on bittylicious so people can get bay directly with cc ?

I would definitely welcome that.  I have used Bittylicious a lot, and would love to be able to buy BAY on there.  Smiley

You can buy BAY with cash on the markets themselves using unbreakable contracts and DDE. Its much safer because there are no chargebacks and the seller must release bay because of double deposit and two-party escrow.

I think we should make a guide for this specifically for those new to bay from outside crypto.

If we are thinking of getting bay to a wider audience we should be garnering support from those outside of this sphere as much as possible.

Nearly got a reasonable btc whale interested in bay but turned me down for another project. I think he is making the wrong choice but whales do what they want I guess.

What about our training videos?

https://youtu.be/HrXUZRGd1hE?list=PLILfNPSQCo6yjFiwXY6-C-ikIDs6v2nHU

They are excellent and I have seen quite a few which were very very good.

I haven't seen the one for setting up the cash for bay one.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:32:49 AM

I would definitely welcome that.  I have used Bittylicious a lot, and would love to be able to buy BAY on there.  Smiley

You can buy BAY with cash on the markets themselves using unbreakable contracts and DDE. Its much safer because there are no chargebacks and the seller must release bay because of double deposit and two-party escrow.

I think we should make a guide for this specifically for those new to bay from outside crypto.

If we are thinking of getting bay to a wider audience we should be garnering support from those outside of this sphere as much as possible.

Nearly got a reasonable btc whale interested in bay but turned me down for another project. I think he is making the wrong choice but whales do what they want I guess.

This is the one...https://youtu.be/aL2e8FniDWg
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:03:30 AM

but for those new to bay coming to get some bay for the first time I would  rather not do a guarantor one. Better to let the buy take the risk and I'll rely on my rep as a great seller on the marketplace to encourage them to go first.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:16:36 AM

but for those new to bay coming to get some bay for the first time I would  rather not do a guarantor one. Better to let the buy take the risk and I'll rely on my rep as a great seller on the marketplace to encourage them to go first.

You as a seller can set a custom deposit close to zero but still if they don't hold Bay you are forced to take some risk. You can do kyc.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:46:05 PM

You as a seller can set a custom deposit close to zero but still if they don't hold Bay you are forced to take some risk. You can do kyc.

Be good if we had a bot in bay to confirm ebay identity through some kind of ebay action we read that only the account holder can do or provide. This could be private from the outside but bay software knows and gives them a rating based on that or could be an open reference for users on the market place/

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:52:11 PM

Alright!
So I finally got the multi address cold stake running.
Currently I've got 4 different accounts open and staking!
And I have a separate keys loaded on 2 separate computers!
So I'm literally cold-multi-staking    Cheesy  

I can't wait for the exchanges to jump on board. I'd love to see the day that exchanges will act as BitBay mining pools where traders accounts will be earning coins while they wait for their sell orders to get hit!

I'm not for holding lots of coins on exchanges for long periods of time, but no matter the risk, people will have coins on the exchanges.

These are supposed to be safe in cold storage. So why not earn coins while they are STILL in cold storage? Roll Eyes

My problem is I don't use desktop much. Everything is through my phone so I can't stake unless I use VPS.

Well there again, I don't believe in holding coins on an exchange for any long period of time.

But in your case, it would be perfect if/when the exchanges decided to cold stake the IOU wallets.

I wish there were more options for users that are strickly phone based. But sadly, a mobile BitBay Client is not even on the "drawing board" yet.

David is snowed under with the work we have now I know. However porting to a mobile version ....is this possible by a 3rd party without giving them the source? I mean is this something we could group fund for another coder to do whilst david is doing the peg etc?

So like the android/ios version just connects to the main net of bay? on top of it without that coder needing source access?

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:58:10 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 04:30:08 PM by matt608

Hi Just wondering what the reason is that no darknet items aren't allowed on bitbay?  I'm not saying I'm in favour of all of them by any stretch but thought the more vanilla items could potentially be ok?  Has this discussion been had?

Also if there is only 1 (great) developer and no marketing budget how will word spread?  Marketing is clearly an issue at the moment.

Also how long before the other smart contract options are available, like "find a job" or "hire someone"? They look useful.

Thanks.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:45:38 PM

Hi Just wondering what the reason is that no darknet items aren't allowed on bitbay?

I'm checking out bitbay and its interesting, advanced blockchain tech yes, but potentially a big success with 1000s of users?  I'm not sure.  Maybe.

For westerners its clearly better just to use Amazon or eBay, they work, they are reliable and sure there are some fees but clearly not enough to bother people.  That is unless its a darknet item.  I could see bitbay being a success in the west if used for that but it says in the client that is not allowed.

As for it being used by people in third world countries who are blocked from amazon + eBay, there is still the disadvantage of having to sync the blockchain, as well as learn how to use it (its a bit more complicated than buying from a regular website), but it is no doubt useful there.

Also if there is only 1 (great) developer and no marketing budget how will word spread?  Marketing is clearly an issue at the moment.

Not trying to be negative, just casting a critical eye to the project as I consider it as an investment.  

Also how long before the other smart contract options are available, like "find a job" or "hire someone"? They look useful.

If there was a web-client with no download required and no syncing, just smart contracts on a website that would be very usable.

Also why is there nothing at all in the market?

Still I remain interested in bitbay.  Look forward to replies.  

Thanks.

Okay so there is so much to mention here...

First off the reason why it's not Darknet is because I'm not anonymous and I'm trying to reach a wider audience. With that said, this is probably the perfect "Darknet" market... its what Shadowcash is attempting and we've been done with it over a year with much more features especially hard core security ones to boot. Their markets don't even exist yet and they got the idea of double deposit from Halo. I even remember when VeritasBS tried to reverse engineer my code because I refused to work on his coin. There was a funny dispute on reddit about that years ago. The only thing BitBay doesn't have is anonymous transactions like Monero. Bitmessage is completely anonymous though and I've discussed with a security expert and he thinks Bitmessage might be more anonymous than Tor (due to control of exit nodes attack on Tor).

The power of double deposit escrow and pegging are a million times more powerful than some small dark market in the corner of the internet. This is tech that can truly change the world for the better. I've fallen in love with double deposit ever since I had the idea 4 years ago.

The news already did an article on my markets and I think this article explains it best:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/this-decentralized-bitcoin-market-is-for-legal-stuff-only

I'm a freedom lover and want to free people. But this means freeing people who don't realize they need to be freed. Average everyday consumers, the ones whose souls need it the most. Double deposit escrow is the PERFECT tool to eliminate deception from society. 2 party trustless double deposit escrow is why I've worked 4 years straight in Bitcoin as a dev on Halo.

So I will then ask you, don't you see the value in the unbreakable contracts?

You claim that Ebay and Amazon are so much better, but have you considered the sellers can send you an empty box and complain and reverse paypal payments? And what about Freelancer and Elance? Are you aware they can lie about their credentials and pad their hours and do poor work? And what about the fees middle men collect? And there is tons of other kinds of contracts. Everything in society is based on agreement. We have solved agreement which is a major piece of the puzzle. And the rolling peg is the beginning of the solution to the economy aspect (supply/demand).

Sure you can find more items on Ebay and Amazon but we have already discussed reselling E-bay items on the Bitbay markets by forwarding shipping. Middle men must be eliminated from society once and for all it is a bad foundation for any contract. The only people who should be judge, jury and executioner of a contract are the two parties themselves. Any addition of a third party destroys the truth and freedom of the deal. If the root of the tree is bad, the leaves perish. We are planting a NEW TREE. This tree is designed to be healthy and bear fruit. Do you really think this coin won't be huge in the future? Look at what it does.

Deception is not possible in BitBay. The deposits are placed by both sides so they MUST be honest or lose their deposits! How can I limit this important concept to a small subsection of the internet?

Just so you know, we have the moderation key but Bitmessage is practically a decentralized internet... so we can't know about every market that exists there. We moderate the ones we know about.

I'm aware I'm not liable for the "internet" and cannot possibly prevent how people use the software nor do I want to nor am I legally obligated to(I'm just an open source dev). But still we are looking to reach a much bigger audience.

I've done a big initiative to market recently and it was a big distraction from work. We have published tons of articles over the past month including a paid PR campaign. But that means I'm editing interviews, articles and managing community and it is as you say impossible to do that and code. Happily, the slack and bitcoin talk group is probably one of the best and tight knit in all of crypto. These guys are there to test and constantly give enthusiasm to the project.

As for the synchronization that can eventually be solved by having the client look up the balance on chainz. But for now it downloads the blockchain. With that said BitHalo does not download the chain and uses the method i just described.

The Cash for Coins templates work. The rest of the templates are coming very soon. For now you can still hire people using the custom template.

As for orders there was always about 10 or so on the markets you have to wait for the markets to sync it can take hours. Also i think most of the orders are pulled waiting for the updated build on the 22nd.

And I don't think you were being negative, those are very cutting edge questions that need to be asked.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:51:01 PM

Alright!
So I finally got the multi address cold stake running.
Currently I've got 4 different accounts open and staking!
And I have a separate keys loaded on 2 separate computers!
So I'm literally cold-multi-staking    Cheesy  

I can't wait for the exchanges to jump on board. I'd love to see the day that exchanges will act as BitBay mining pools where traders accounts will be earning coins while they wait for their sell orders to get hit!

I'm not for holding lots of coins on exchanges for long periods of time, but no matter the risk, people will have coins on the exchanges.

These are supposed to be safe in cold storage. So why not earn coins while they are STILL in cold storage? Roll Eyes

My problem is I don't use desktop much. Everything is through my phone so I can't stake unless I use VPS.

Well there again, I don't believe in holding coins on an exchange for any long period of time.

But in your case, it would be perfect if/when the exchanges decided to cold stake the IOU wallets.

I wish there were more options for users that are strickly phone based. But sadly, a mobile BitBay Client is not even on the "drawing board" yet.

David is snowed under with the work we have now I know. However porting to a mobile version ....is this possible by a 3rd party without giving them the source? I mean is this something we could group fund for another coder to do whilst david is doing the peg etc?

So like the android/ios version just connects to the main net of bay? on top of it without that coder needing source access?

I discussed this with Meta recently. A mobile version of Halo would require a rewrite of Halo completely and thus millions of dollars. I would probably have to at least project manage that or spec out a lot of the ideas and give the sections of source code needed and the solutions to the non-trivial problems of a cellphone app. With that said, someone can find an investor who wants to buy rights to a mobile app... they just need to realize I'm not going to be in a golden cage. I can help show them what needs to be done and can negotiate how they can make a good return off the app purchases and other things but it will be up to them to push it or we would need to find a manager who is willing to throw a few years of his life into it. And I think the money needed for that would be in the multi-millions. It could net a tremendous amount of profit though... so it's always something to keep in the back of our minds. Meta was under the opinion that it would be the catalyst to take BitBay to the top 5.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:59:00 PM

Hi Just wondering what the reason is that no darknet items aren't allowed on bitbay?  I'm not saying I'm in favour of all of them by any stretch but thought the more vanilla items could potentially be ok?  Has this discussion been had?

Yes it has been discussed. There are several resons we don't allow darknet items. The most important one is that neither David nor the team is willing to be involved in illegal activities in any way. Another reason is that the legal market is so much bigger than the illegal one, that it doesn't make sense to focus on darknet. Some vanilla items might be ok per se, but having them listed in the same market that sells anything from electronics to baby cloths is not. It is however possible to use private markets for that. There have been several posts relevant to this question starting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg17782226#msg17782226

We don't have a big marketing budget, but we do have some money for it. More importantly, we have some very skilled people on the team that work for free or symbolic pay. Lately we have also seen several community members helping out.
2017 is the first year we have started marketing, and we have already done a bit.
-We had a big buzzword campaign.
-Twitter and facebook are active again.
-Blog on bitbay.market has new articles all the time.
-Several articles written for/by other outlets (4 or 5 this far in 2017 I think. Last two are mentioned on previous page in this thread)
-Radio interview with David

More is in the pipeline...

You can actually do that already with custom contracts. But I assume you are talking about the templates that will make it a lot more user friendly. We never give ETA's, but now that important improvements and features are mostly done, David will focus on the templates.  

Also why is there nothing in the market, just hardly any users?

Because most of those that have been active in posting contracts are now busy testing the new release. Also David recently posted this in our slack:

"Please everyone who does a lot of contracts... do me a favor and in the email you use for contracts please do the following:
IF you are not involved in any active contracts, please clear all your orders
Then please go into the email you use for contracts and delete all emails that have the subject line as "Halo"
So everything should be clear unless you are negotiations in a contract then finish it and do this step
The reason is because I'm trying to increase performance of emails and for old unencrypted emails the inbox will simply bloat"

The marketplace will fill up again once the new release is out. But there is only so much the team can do. The community has to help get this going by posting contracts, so lets hope many in here will do that.

gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 05:03:43 PM

BitBay Release 1.26 Feature Focus – Anti-Keylogger

If you are unfamiliar with keyloggers, this form of spyware is one way hackers use to discover your passwords. By hiding a small program deep inside your system’s folders, a keylogger records each letter or number pressed on your keyboard. The keyloggers store this information in files to be retrieved later by the person who placed it there.

The BitBay Anti-Keylogger brings up an onscreen keyboard and a timer lasting approximately one second. When you hover over a letter with your mouse pointer the timer starts. If you move to another letter the timer starts over. If you stay on the letter you want entered, the timer completes and the letter is entered into the passphrase field. Users will want to be sure to remember to use the Shift key first for capital letters.

As you can imagine, while this feature eliminates concerns you may have about keyloggers stealing your private information, it also slows down how quickly you can enter your passwords. This issue is less of a concern when you realize you are still able to type in the passphrase field as well. This means if you have a long code consisting of many words like I do, you can type in the majority of it using the keyboard, and use the Anti-Keylogger to obscure just some of the letters. If this is your long term vault for the majority of your BAY, you may want to only use the Anti-Keylogger, but if it is the account you use regularly to access the BitBay Marketplace you might choose to use it for just a portion of your passphrase. The choice of how much you use this new feature is yours.

In a world where even our own governments are caught attempting to monitor everything we do online, the Anti-Keylogger is just one more way BitBay is looking out for your security. I don’t know of any other cryptocurrency out there with as many built in features to assure your coins are never stolen.

Please join us at BitBay Slack (http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation) for access to the core team and the very latest updates.

BitBay Marketplace Site - http://bitbay.market

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:42:52 PM

Many thanks for the excellent replies, much appreciated.  Have bought some bitbay and plan to hold for some time.  Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:44:29 PM

Many thanks for the excellent replies, much appreciated.  Have bought some bitbay and plan to hold for some time.  Smiley

You're welcome. Feel free to try out the markets with us and join our slack. There is a lot of people who will be happy to do a contract with you. Like we said a lot of the contracts were removed so our core sellers could clear their emails for the speed boost awaiting the 22nd update. You can wait until then if you like.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:43:14 PM

If you are unfamiliar with keyloggers, this form of spyware is one way hackers use to discover your passwords. By hiding a small program deep inside your system’s folders, a keylogger records each letter or number pressed on your keyboard. The keyloggers store this information in files to be retrieved later by the person who placed it there.

The BitBay Anti-Keylogger brings up an onscreen keyboard and a timer lasting approximately one second. When you hover over a letter with your mouse pointer the timer starts. If you move to another letter the timer starts over. If you stay on the letter you want entered, the timer completes and the letter is entered into the passphrase field. Users will want to be sure to remember to use the Shift key first for capital letters.

As you can imagine, while this feature eliminates concerns you may have about keyloggers stealing your private information, it also slows down how quickly you can enter your passwords. This issue is less of a concern when you realize you are still able to type in the passphrase field as well. This means if you have a long code consisting of many words like I do, you can type in the majority of it using the keyboard, and use the Anti-Keylogger to obscure just some of the letters. If this is your long term vault for the majority of your BAY, you may want to only use the Anti-Keylogger, but if it is the account you use regularly to access the BitBay Marketplace you might choose to use it for just a portion of your passphrase. The choice of how much you use this new feature is yours.

In a world where even our own governments are caught attempting to monitor everything we do online, the Anti-Keylogger is just one more way BitBay is looking out for your security. I don’t know of any other cryptocurrency out there with as many built in features to assure your coins are never stolen.

Please join us at BitBay Slack (http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation) for access to the core team and the very latest updates.

Another totally excellent feature.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:17:58 AM

Another totally excellent feature.

"Bay is the way!"

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:09:32 AM

Many thanks for the excellent replies, much appreciated.  Have bought some bitbay and plan to hold for some time.  Smiley

You're welcome. Feel free to try out the markets with us and join our slack. There is a lot of people who will be happy to do a contract with you. Like we said a lot of the contracts were removed so our core sellers could clear their emails for the speed boost awaiting the 22nd update. You can wait until then if you like.

Yeah a lot of us pulled our items because we are testing the new version. And besides... different versions are not compatible for marketplace transactions.

After the release I'll get the faucet back up. At this price though it looks like I might have to drop it down from 1000 coins to 500  Cheesy

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:09:41 AM

Yeah a lot of us pulled our items because we are testing the new version. And besides... different versions are not compatible for marketplace transactions.

After the release I'll get the faucet back up. At this price though it looks like I might have to drop it down from 1000 coins to 500  Cheesy
Let me know when. I will throw some BAY into the pot.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:27:42 AM

This last page is all is needed if someone wanted reasons to invest in BitBay. David and Munti answers to matt608 are there to be read for those who have eyes to read. Thanks guys!
oh, by the way, price is finally going steadily up
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:23:14 AM

http://www.seeker.com/open-source-prototype-turns-any-room-into-a-3d-printer-2313142390.html
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

Haha! Thanks brilliant. One more small step towards breaking free from the establishment.

I love how it can replicate all it's parts so you never have to buy a new one. Heck I guess that means any upgrades would be allowed to be replicated as well

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: