Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541869 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

@BitBayDoc

It's very simple:
If you choose the right target group for a product at the right time, this product will be a success.

So you don't have much freedom of choice if you want the product to be successful.

Apart from this hint I do not presume anything.  Wink
BitBayDoc

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:15:59 AM

Thul… Let me elaborate, because you must have BitBay mistaken with another crypto:

1.   Bay is a truly De-centralized Coin.
2.   No person or persons associated with Bay are able or want, to “target” any particular group of users.
3.   The freedom of choice for Bay users is an individual decision. It’s like being given a fork to eat with – do you use your left or right hand? That is an individual’s preferential decision, not the fork makers.
4.   Your apparent eagerness to share your opinion is interesting; but your assumption that this coins direction into regulated or deregulated markets can be influenced by any of the advisors or volunteers is simply mistaken.
5.   So… please stop suggesting anyone on this thread can “choose” in which direction Bay may go. It’s simply impossible.
Thul

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:39:04 AM

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s - they just need users.
That's what this is all about.

I just wanted to help, because desire alone is not enough.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:10:09 PM

“BitBay is a suite of free-to-use, multi-platform applications including the world’s first fully-functional Decentralized Marketplace.

Powered by Unbreakable Smart Contracts and a Proof of Stake 3.0 cryptocurrency, BitBay enables you to buy and sell goods and services securely and anonymously, without the need for middlemen.”

Bay is perfect for people who cannot get a Bank or PayPal account.
Bay is needed for those who cannot qualify for a credit card, etc.

Here are some articles to check out:

http://techcompanynews.com/bitbay-decentralized-marketplace-smart-contracting-platform-backed-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbays-smart-contracts
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-dynamic-peg-stablecoin
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-next-step-human-freedom
https://cryptodisrupt.com/bitbay-decentralized-peg-opens-door-for-stabilized-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/double-deposit-escrow

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s once market shenanigans cease, or people decide for themselves to finally be free.
Thul

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:58:47 PM

Powered by Unbreakable Smart Contracts and a Proof of Stake 3.0 cryptocurrency, BitBay enables you to buy and sell goods and services securely and anonymously, without the need for middlemen.”
Bay is private? Untraceable?
If so, comparable to Monero? ZCash? Byteball "Blackbytes"? Or even better?
If that's the case, then you should emphasize that clearly.
There is a lot to read in your articles, but I can't find this important aspect for me and my customers anywhere. Maybe I misread it or didn't understand it completely.
It's also a bit tedious because English is not my native language. - It would be helpful to orient your website in this direction. Seven listed languages are not enough.

Bit Bay should/will be in the top 10 crypto’s once market shenanigans cease, or people decide for themselves to finally be free.
So if it doesn't work out, it's definitely others' fault.  Grin
As already mentioned: With wishful thinking the project does not get into the Top 10
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

“BitBay is a suite of free-to-use, multi-platform applications including the world’s first fully-functional Decentralized Marketplace.

Here are some articles to check out:

http://techcompanynews.com/bitbay-decentralized-marketplace-smart-contracting-platform-backed-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbays-smart-contracts
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-dynamic-peg-stablecoin
https://bitbay.market/blog/bitbay-next-step-human-freedom
https://cryptodisrupt.com/bitbay-decentralized-peg-opens-door-for-stabilized-cryptocurrency/
https://bitbay.market/blog/double-deposit-escrow

Be free.
Thul

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:40:53 PM

Well, almost any cryptocoin is suitable for this target group, but most likely the one who is less complex and knows how to convey the facts in a few sentences. - Bitbay therefore probably not.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:33:57 AM

Bay is private? Untraceable?
If so, comparable to Monero? ZCash? Byteball "Blackbytes"? Or even better?
If that's the case, then you should emphasize that clearly.
There is a lot to read in your articles, but I can't find this important aspect for me and my customers anywhere. Maybe I misread it or didn't understand it completely.
It's also a bit tedious because English is not my native language. - It would be helpful to orient your website in this direction. Seven listed languages are not enough.

So if it doesn't work out, it's definitely others' fault.  Grin
As already mentioned: With wishful thinking the project does not get into the Top 10

This is mentioned on our section about decentralized markets. The orders are definitely not traceable but your accounts are as anonymous as Bitcoin.

We could actually make anonymous transactions much easier using Bitmessage to relay transactions too and this was a concept I had. However that still won't hide the amount. If someone wants truly anonymous TX they should go to ZCash. However, ZCash could be compromised in their "setup ceremony" where devs can create infinite coins if the private keys weren't destroyed.

The website is in some languages however the software is in almost 100 languages as it live translates from Yandex.

For anonymous TX in Bitbay for now just use proxy. And we will consider in the future Bitmessage relay.

Actually for our peg, it's probably too complex to hide amounts like Zcash as zero knowledge proofs for peg require us to carefully calculate amounts. So I'm not sure if it's possible (it might be). Would have to look at their code. For now we are focused on the launch of the peg and any future anonymous TX would be based on Bitmessage relay service which would be somewhat trivial to add and I believe has the strength of Tor or better.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:34:50 AM

Well, almost any cryptocoin is suitable for this target group, but most likely the one who is less complex and knows how to convey the facts in a few sentences. - Bitbay therefore probably not.

Not necessarily, you need to remember we are launching a decentralized peg. This should be an advantage when it comes to alternatives to banking.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:21:20 AM

Also the builds are uploading version 1.36 we will update the version number to trigger automatic update tomorrow or the next day so people can download
and test it. The Linux build is fixed and tested. Any support requests can be posted on our forums. This build has the exchange tracker so now we will start to build the demo exchange trading pairs and then probably run a testnet so people can have fun trading it while we get exchanges to adopt it.
Thul

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:47:37 AM

Thanks for the answer, dzimbeck.
Obviously not suitable for my target group. At least not at the moment.
That is very unfortunate.

If the project could convince a critical spirit like me, this would also succeed with thousands of my colleagues and tens of thousands of customers.
A great base for all the awesome features of Bay. Once you use the program, you want to discover it more and more.

Regarding "untraceable" Byteball "Blackbytes" are the most convincing for me. No coin known to me is more similar to cash.

*** Translations
The first impression is given by the website.
Personally it didn't appeal to me very much because of a language that I find hard to understand. Much too much text.
It also doesn't become clear who the target group should be, and so Bay is on the same level as all the other coins: great promises, missing benefits.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:49:55 PM

Thul the Fool - HaHa, so sad, too Bad. Low IQ?

Bay doesn't target weirdo, probable pedo's or drug dealers who need a dark web.
Please take your "critical" spirit and appeal it elsewhere.

Bay too hard to understand? Sorry. Go start you own coin, we'll see where you are in 4 years.
You'll never create anything as advanced as Bay in a thousand years...

Thanks for the "advice" - don't let the door hit your "critical spirit" on the way out!

THUL - THE LOW IQ FOOL
(fool) - noun
1. a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person.
"What a fool Thul is by his silly nonsensical troll comments."
synonyms: idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, moron, clod - A Thul
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:58:00 PM

From DZimbeck:

Also the builds are uploading version 1.36 we will update the version number to trigger automatic update tomorrow or the next day so people can download
and test it. The Linux build is fixed and tested. Any support requests can be posted on our forums. This build has the exchange tracker so now we will start to build the demo exchange trading pairs and then probably run a testnet so people can have fun trading it while we get exchanges to adopt it.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

@BitBayDoc
Please let us keep this thread polite.
Difference of opinion is not only accepted, we actually welcome it. If this develops any further in the direction it is now going, I will start deleting posts.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:43:10 AM

@Thul
You have not clearly stated what kind of market/target you are talking about. Based on your posts though, I'm guessing you are talking about black markets. If you read old posts in this thread, you will see that the topic has been discussed several times.
I'm not going to repeat everything that has been said before on this topic, but here are some main points. Although BitBay (like almost any other tech) can be used for illegal purposes, we do not encourage it. There are three main reasons for that:
1. No one in the BitBay team wants to encourage illegal activities.
2. Many members of the team are listed on our team page with their real names. We do not want our names tied to black markets.
3. Although it takes more effort to conquer the legal markets than the illegal ones, the reward is much bigger if we succeed. Legal markets are so much bigger than illegal ones that we only need a fraction in order to become much bigger going the legal route.
Thul

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:29:54 AM

You have not clearly stated what kind of market/target you are talking about.
I am talking about producers whose purpose is not to finance state terrorism through taxes. These people need a suitable market place in combination with a suitable currency (keyword "untraceable").

They need a platform whose functionality and usability is comparable to ebay, amazon...

Of course the currency must not force anyone to load the blockchain.
And of course there must be a possibility to exchange this currency "untraceable" directly for Fiat (without KYC).
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:09:56 PM

You have not clearly stated what kind of market/target you are talking about.
I am talking about producers whose purpose is not to finance state terrorism through taxes. These people need a suitable market place in combination with a suitable currency (keyword "untraceable").

They need a platform whose functionality and usability is comparable to ebay, amazon...

Of course the currency must not force anyone to load the blockchain.
And of course there must be a possibility to exchange this currency "untraceable" directly for Fiat (without KYC).

We have cash for coins and it's peer to peer. It's the responsibility of the users to do KYC similar to localbitcoins deals. Especially since there is no escrow. So it's about as anonymous as one chooses to make it or the rules of where they live. It's already seen that Bitmessage has at least the strength of TOR if not greater.

You say you want functionality comparable to amazon which uses giant multi-million dollar servers on top of a decentralized system but you don't want to download the blockchain. You are a typical consumer, nothing anyone does is good enough for you.

If you don't download the blockchain then who will protect the network?! The only thing we can do to speed that up is let users connect to servers while download it so at least they don't lose any time connecting to markets. However for the markets there is also the concept of nodes relaying orders while waiting to download from Bitmessage as well. This system is built with users security in mind. It doesn't cut corners like Steemit or other DPOS pseudo-centralized systems.

Try to appreciate the fact that this was the worlds first decentralized market and the ONLY software in which you can have 2 party escrow other than BitHalo. Try to fathom WHAT has been built here. You should be happy this exists at all. Like Doc said, what have you built? This software is like 50k lines all of which I have coded for the past 4 years. And the team is making a web based market to commercialize decentralization. This doesn't even touch on the peg. What more can a crypto advocate want?!

And why do you keep asking the community to give you the green-light on breaking the rules. Have you lost your mind? This is a protocol, it's not responsible for your actions... you are responsible for the risks you take.

The problem with guys like you is you want someone else to take the bullet for you. Whatever freedoms you don't have are because you have simply consented to lose them.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

BitBayDoc

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:31:20 AM

From DZimbeck 11-18-2018
Right now I'm testing the exchange peg code and making some sample API calls so anoxy can start to build a demo market we can trade on with testnet version of our fork. Then it's game on with the peg! We have waited 4 years for this.  Cool

So what I mean is, you will see pretty soon when I fix Linux which will release with this next build. Unless you want to run Wine. And also there is many users here who will more than happy to test contracts with you just for fun.

There are not usually "shops" unless they are private markets. Users usually just post to main markets with the user friendly templates. We have Cash for coins buy/sell which is like peer to peer local bitcoins with double deposit and price tracking with stop losses and control over minimum and maximum order sizes with almost any funding method you can come up with that's irreversible.

Then there is the buy/sell template which has auctions/reverse auctions (where sellers bid for buyers) and just general sales with shipping options and a fedex shipping scraper/calculator for estimating big packages. Again all peer to peer no servers.

Then there is the employment templates which you can hire or find jobs. These work with automated payments based on the submission of "reports" or milestones so you can't get paid without it. Then they auto-renew extending the time and notarizing it on the chain.

Then there is barter which lets you set "wish lists" and "supply lists" and you can keep those orders open almost indefinitely so it's like an online garage sale where people can just barter anything like crops, metals, goods, services, etc. What makes that template so sexy is it will calculate all of this for you. So it knows how many pounds of oranges you need for how many pounds of grapes and how many hours of math lessons you need based on what users self appraise their services and even lets you offer things not in someones wish list. I always imagined it for farmers or swap meets.

Lastly there is custom contracts where you just say whatever you want and Python contracts where you can program your own using the Python language and there are no limits but users must self audit code so they better know what they are doing if they want to accept one that isn't in the "approved list" of contracts. These are cool because people can do games, perhaps options, perhaps specific templates for their companies, whatever they really feel like making

What we are lacking is users. We definitely need more orders posted. I figure maybe someone will want to resell items eventually from other markets to build up the supply. We aren't focused on that yet because the peg now takes priority.

By the way you can see training videos, screenshots and other things at our site at bitbay.market
BitBayDoc

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:40:36 AM

From DZimbeck 11-27-2018

BitBayDoc

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:34:58 AM

This is where Bay can really shine; as it can do this NOW and do it SAFELY using:
Advanced sending with multi-pay options and Automated Joint Accounts in its Client.

CAN THE OVERSEAS MONEY TRANSFER INDUSTRY BENEFIT BY ADOPTING BLOCKCHAIN?

Globally, around 230 million individuals send around $500 billion in remittances to their home countries each year. Within the industry, the older players such as MoneyGram, Western Union, and Ria still account for around 25% of the global remittance volume.

While several FinTech companies such as TransferWise, CurrencyFair, WorldRemit, and InstaReM have transformed the field to some degree, blockchain may well disrupt this realm further.

Gav Smythe, the founder of iCompareFX, opines that “the global remittance market as we see it today might well be gone in the coming decade, with blockchain having the same effect on overseas money transfers that the internet had on cross-border communication.”

TO LEARN MORE: https://bitbay.market/blog/overseas-money-transfer-blockchain
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: