Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:09:19 PM

well, i have to admit that i sold part of my coins when the price was about 1800sats. why? because now i have a wallet with free bay. and i can wait until the price is reasonable to sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NOhardforkplease

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:19:49 PM

I see nothing wrong in trading with the bay token. If you bought at 579 satoshi and it goes to almost 900 satoshi i will sell because i know it will come down again. Now i bought back at less than 500 satoshi. If i just would have hodled i do myself short. Now i have more and cheaper bay. By the way, am i doing something wrong or are there really so few sellers on the bitbay market? I see only 5 or so sellers with stuff.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

I see nothing wrong in trading with the bay token. If you bought at 579 satoshi and it goes to almost 900 satoshi i will sell because i know it will come down again. Now i bought back at less than 500 satoshi. If i just would have hodled i do myself short. Now i have more and cheaper bay. By the way, am i doing something wrong or are there really so few sellers on the bitbay market? I see only 5 or so sellers with stuff.

You can only see contracts that are posted or refreshed after you joined the market. You will see more in the next 48 hours.
We have built a bitmessage server. In one of the next updates you will get an option to connect to it. Then you will see all orders imidiatly.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:22:49 PM

i am not sure if my question was answered. so again.
can i use the Private key (WIF key) from the web wallet with the client? like an ETHkey from MEW?
Munti

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:34:27 PM

can i use the Private key (WIF key) from the web wallet with the client? like an ETHkey from MEW?

The client is multisig. You would need two keys. For only one key you would have to load it in Qt wallet if you want to use it outside of web wallet.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:57:06 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 03:19:59 AM by cryptohunter

Of course it was a good plan this time.

One time though you may sell for 900sats and get price out watching it travel to 10000 sats and beyond.

With a coin with this much minting and so many in the hands of day traders and scalpers/churners bay will find it tough get a good rally going.

You need to transfer these coins to the investment types that like to accumulate nice interest in return for buy large chunks and holding them a long time.

Masternode TYPE variable savings bonds would save this happening forever.

People arguing against introducing masternode type savings bonds now are litterally crazy. We can get the same effect and greater than the best masternode projects.

Until that point we are in for much of the same.

Bay does not have enough hoarders/savers... we have a majority of churners. We are attracting more with our great yoyo graphs too.

It's almost like a guarantee now. You sell into any quick double up then buy back for half price.

Introducing new tech to these types is casting pearls before swine.

Bring in the hoarders and savers and watch the liquid supply dwindle down then bring in some nice rallies.

The new improved pos rate will help but it is not enough alone to compete with masternode type models in terms of incentivising accumulation and saving long term.

It is hard to see with bay how many are in the hands of real long term believers and holders. I mean i even think many churners believe in it they just like making a few btc whist accumulating. Sadly this is long term detrimental to the project.

Get this coins out of the hands of churners into the hands of accumulaters and savers. These two types of people have totally different mindsets we need the latter.

We need to work smarter not harder here. You can litterally code and code and code until we have product that is the most advanced and useful crypto out there but if nobody finds it on page 1 because the churners like bumping it up and down extracting btc from new investors then forget about it reaching its rightful place.

sad to see bay bumped out so harshly of the top 100 but it really is not so surprising.

all crypto today is based on speculation not real use cases the world is not yet ready for the real use cases so my advice play to the speculator and give them what they want rather that what you know is better for them long term. Worry about the real use case (which we have in abundance) later when we have satisfied the speculators and got up there with projects people are talking about in the top 10 or 20.

we can even phase them out if the peg really will work as we hope

NOhardforkplease

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:25:30 PM

Bitbay attrackted my attention a few weeks ago because if this gains traction it can turn out to be huge. Nice name also, resembling another great marketplace. It has some competitors though but i never would have guessed that syscoin was also related to a marketplace. However, if bitbay keeps as volatile as it is right now than i will be selling an buying and selling and buying. Hodling is not very interesting right now. Bitbay needs some work also. If it has nice categories like other centralized exchanges and a user interface just like that than it can explode.
mattimann

Activity: 245
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:14:39 PM

Did the Fork already happen? Huh Did´nt see any announcment.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:14:59 PM

The client is multisig. You would need two keys. For only one key you would have to load it in Qt wallet if you want to use it outside of web wallet.

thank you. thats OK too. so i will transfer more coins into the webwallet address then.
krramnik

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:01:20 PM

BitBay is a realy neat idea. I am certainly for a free market without boundaries oppresed by governments. But this also brings risks with it. Will BitBay operate in plain sight? If so, wouldnt it be a thread for users and sellers if they break the law in their countries to access the website and do stuff on there? I mean officials can survey whats happening online right?

it is a decentralised market place with no single point of accountability. Yes if you are a user selling stuff you shouldnt you are accountable and if traced you could be fined or punished according to the country you live in.

I don't see how this is an issue. If you do something illegal and get busted thats the risk you take.

Bitbay i think can already run through tor so if they wish to try and hide they can but thats their call.

Dark markets for all things will always exist in some form or other you can never stop them.

Bitbay is aiming at a legitimate market place (but to me that is one tiny use case for bitbay)

Great response maybe even better than mine lol... yeah I think TOR can be tracked actually by controlling exit nodes but maybe the devs would argue otherwise. It is a bad idea to use TOR+Bitmessage or TOR+Bitcoin because it makes triangulating your IP easier supposedly. That is why we recommend only TOR for URL requests.

Also I think Bitmessage is superior to TOR in some ways because to subscribe to a market you share a decryption key and nobody can possibly know you hold that key. And since messages are passed around to everyone and only kept for 2 days people keep passing messages and make it almost impossible to know who sent it. Although it's possible maybe to control a ton of nodes and figure it out?! The suspicion would be speculative as messages hop from node to node anyways. I've yet to see an attack that compromises it.

‘Triangulating’ ? ...lol  Cheesy... i guess this is GM chess brain 🧠 talking ... David must have studied his end games really hard Cheesy
XxOtakuXx

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:09:15 PM

Did the Fork already happen? Huh Did´nt see any announcment.

Yes for Stake reward. Now It's 20 coins per block.

BITBAY |Smart Contracts|Decentralized Markets|Rolling Peg| https://bitbay.market/
dapperdan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:38:33 AM

QT Wallet question - I bought BAY earlier this year, and immediately moved it into a QT wallet but never turned on staking.

I saw the new QT wallet was released (v2.0.0.0-g32a928e) so downloaded that earlier this week from the Bitbay website, replaced my old .exe with the new wallet, deleted all the BitBay files in the AppData folder except for my wallet.dat file, restarted the QT wallet and let it sync fresh with the network. 

It's all synced up now, showing me all my previous transactions with a correct balance, and the wallet version is v2.0.0.0-g32a928e. 
So I turned on staking yesterday, but so far all mined coins have given me a "?" in the transaction tab so it sounds like i'm not on the forked chain?

Anyone know what could be the issue and how to fix it?  Thanks!
danielwwt

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:05:04 AM

Bitbay attrackted my attention a few weeks ago because if this gains traction it can turn out to be huge. Nice name also, resembling another great marketplace. It has some competitors though but i never would have guessed that syscoin was also related to a marketplace. However, if bitbay keeps as volatile as it is right now than i will be selling an buying and selling and buying. Hodling is not very interesting right now. Bitbay needs some work also. If it has nice categories like other centralized exchanges and a user interface just like that than it can explode.

when you say bitbay keeps as volatile as it is right now, I would say this is someone accumulating a lot of bays right now. Let's see when bitbay will break 900 first!
Munti

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

QT Wallet question - I bought BAY earlier this year, and immediately moved it into a QT wallet but never turned on staking.

I saw the new QT wallet was released (v2.0.0.0-g32a928e) so downloaded that earlier this week from the Bitbay website, replaced my old .exe with the new wallet, deleted all the BitBay files in the AppData folder except for my wallet.dat file, restarted the QT wallet and let it sync fresh with the network. 

It's all synced up now, showing me all my previous transactions with a correct balance, and the wallet version is v2.0.0.0-g32a928e. 
So I turned on staking yesterday, but so far all mined coins have given me a "?" in the transaction tab so it sounds like i'm not on the forked chain?

Anyone know what could be the issue and how to fix it?  Thanks!

"?" means genereated but not accepted. You see that if you hover over it. It means that someone beat you to that block.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:57:25 PM

I didn't know that bitbay is stake ready. This is added after last fork I think. I always knew that at some point this project will be successful. There is an improvement for market needed.

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:04:13 PM

It's quite some time ago that I checked how Bitbay is going. I would like to understand what the current stage of development is and what potential investors can expect to happen in that regard over the next 6 or so months. It is astonishing to see where the whole project is today. My congratulations for that!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

Fork is success. Stake reward is now 20 Bay pr block.
Next event is releasing our own forum Dec 4th
How to stake? Can somebody give a link or explain here?
And is it profitable? How many bays should I have for a real chance to win a reward?

Staking just requires that you install a wallet and let it sync to the blockchain. Once synced you are now supporting the blockchain. Unlike bitcoin, with BitBay, you are rewarded for supporting the blockchain. Yet to earn reward you also have to own coins in order to stake for new coins. The going rate is 1% ROI each year with the possibility to make upwards of 2-5% depending on how many other wallets are staking - they are your competition.
An easy calculator to determine your stake reward potential is to realize that by default minimum ROI of 1% then for every 2000 coins you should earn (at least) 1 block (20 new coins) a year.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

It's quite some time ago that I checked how Bitbay is going. I would like to understand what the current stage of development is and what potential investors can expect to happen in that regard over the next 6 or so months. It is astonishing to see where the whole project is today. My congratulations for that!

https://bitbay.market/roadmap

Lot's of releases over the next 7 months.   Wink

I'm praying we can release the dynamic peg before any potential cryptocurrency bubble pops.
Because it would become one of the most sought after coins in the industry for those that don't want to cash out.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:20:38 PM

There is a new road map in the OP put there not long ago did you check that out yet?

I don't think there are any other details made public yet

Although david did mention atomic swaps could be activated which i find highly exciting too even if just btc to bay.. and vice versa

Also a possibility (i hope a certainty) of variable interest bonds in limited supply

Of course david can design and code practically anything so its a case of us convincing him that is what we need Smiley

If bay it to take out the top 10 we will need to also enable other dev teams to code use case specific projects on top of bays core and it would be great if we could find a way to allow icos to run on bitbay.

what i like about the idea of that is we could time lock the ico funds or even lock them and only release for milestones met via voting process.

My main hope is that david stops spending all the time on the pegging and leaves that until last i see it as a possible inhibitor for huge rallies which will be required to hit the top 5 spots and i mean huge rallies. As much as i hate churners we do not wish to lose speculators/traders altogether since this is 99% of crypto attraction right now.

Only when we hit top 5-20 and have a huge and wide distribution mostly in the hands of real bay enthusiasts should we flip the peg and ensure our place there

The peg although opening crypto up to a real use case is not exciting to many investors right now (these are really traders not investors) as i have found out when trying to bring them in. Pegging will be essential in the end for the market place and 1000's of other real use cases to function properly but I say build the value in first by any and all means before switching it on.

My view only but I see no real evidence of a logical argument against it.

The higher in the top 100 you get that is your marketing right there....

I started a thread challenging people to find me real projects on this board....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479595.msg25583608#msg25583608

I listed the top 6 the only ones that i knew of that really met the REAL project criteria.

1. i hope you can take time to vote in the poll.

2. I hope we can generate discussion there because if we can make that thread stick to page 1 it benefits not only bitbay but all REAL projects that have real developers on this entire board. It will help narrow the view of all new persons reading it to avoid the dreams and talk crap projects and out and out scams too.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:28:08 PM

https://bitbay.market/roadmap

Lot's of releases over the next 7 months.   Wink

I'm praying we can release the dynamic peg before any potential cryptocurrency bubble pops.
Because it would become one of the most sought after coins in the industry for those that don't want to cash out.

This is an interesting scenario i had not considered when suggesting a delay for the peg until we reach a much higher cap.

What though do you think about the variable interest bonds would they not be equally as effective.

If you don't think they would can anyone explain why they are not just as effective and no need of over complex pegging and agreement by exchanges to run such software.

Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: