Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:55:00 PM

Anything smart contracts can be used for

futures, any kind of betting, savings bonds,  imagine  a will even - say you were rich and dying and had 3 children you could divide your capital by 3 and send it to their bitbay addresses and time it so it is gradually locked/released to them over the course of their life time. So they would have consistent funds coming to them. Or lock in in a bitbay bond and just have  interest send out to those addresses over time...

I mean bitbay as an ebay replacement is HUGE but it is just one of 1000's or millions of possible uses for DDE and the peg and the timed locking and savings bonds. I mean you name it bay can be adapted to be involved with it Im sure.

I mean I know david has the capability to build in atomic trading if he so wished  too and a fiat in fiat out (whilst there is even a need for fiat)... so really bitbay will become a complete end to end trustless way to buy sell swap gamble earn on anything you can imagine. I mean specifics will have to be thrashed out by 1000s of dev teams that will eventually come to build on bitbay core.

I love the fact and I mean love that fact that david has essentially said a big fuck off to copy and paste scammers too whom have no talents at all other than pressing copy and paste whilst other devs have been scared to do so.  Why should he work and spend years of his life developing software for others to take and try and use that against him by out marketing him and crushing the investment every other bitbay believer that has put their faith in the project. Heavy marketing teams with no real crypto skillset are here now and they would love to scam bitbayer out of years of davids hard work.

The only room for improvement bay can make is to adapt to fads and things of the moment people want so long as they are not detrimental to the core in anyway. Capitalising on these during "their moment" is key to playing the crypto game. Having the best tech is not enough in the realm consisting of mostly handwavers and marketeers. Once we master that too bay will crush all in our way to the top 5 -10 and possibly.....

Hey Cryptohunter, thanks again for this detailed answer, appreciate it very much. BitBay is definitely a next-gen platform. I become more and more aware how great it is. So many usecases for it. I hope that people will realize its potential finally in 2018 and that it will become at least a top 25 crypto!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
willoweb7

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:27:19 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 07:23:01 PM by willoweb7

Hello, Mr. Zimbeck.

I know you are mentioning a Peg right.

I was thinking if you can't create some kind of "pragmatic peg" / dynamic peg? I mentioned this to craig but would love your response David. What I mean by this type of peg is that, you want the currency to be stable for traders, however investors also want to profiteer out of the currency. Why don't you make this, and I label it a dynamic or pragmatic peg, so that the value of the transaction remains the value at the time of the contract's creation, however the currency itself can continue to appreciate (or this peg may be a time-stamped OPTION for the traders / users of Bay rather than an ENFORCED standard/peg, what do you think?), while smart contracts lock up their value relative to the value at the time of their creation, and changes with the fiat changes or other changes, but in this lock or contract the BAYS would retain the old value at the time of the creation? Do you not think This would serve a better, unified dual purpose, kind of make the currency "two-handed"? I'm not very smart, so I'd love to tell you how this is maybe a stupid suggestion... But I think a peg could kill it as something that people want to POS stake their wallets in unless I think my suggestion can be successfully implemented? I don't want to impose my opinion that's why I'm asking, I really think it might be a good idea, although I'm not quite sure exactly what I mean, you see? Do you?

Also, the layout of the market really still. When you open it, I studied [also business linguistics in a 4 year BA in linguistics and literature] with and was also a web/graphics designer for years (my dad's a comp. science lecturer, I call him Cannibal Lecturer we don't get along - no, not Hannibal Lector...), and there is a "visual grammar" (a term used in business linguistics) and I can tell you now that your market place needs visual lay-out readjustments. If you are willing to listen to some advice regarding that I'd really appreciate if you'd PM me. I've had to create this new account as its been over a  year since I've been on here.... and my other details are just mangled and the damn security question threw me way off...!

AAaaanyways - who wants to hear my opinion? Its not about my opinion, its about what I know more mature business professionals will think about this software based merely on its appearance, this  in relation to business linguistics schemata (reference frameworks - I don't want to cite academic literature here). I don't want to be rude since I am also still young at heart but some of your "rants" regarding your defending your honour understandably from two treacherous rats, by them [your rants about the rats who envy you your integrity]  I could already guess that you were not already in your mid-thirties, but I didn't want to be rude and ask Craig, as I had peppered him with questions via email. Today I went to the "Team" section of bitbay.market and as I had guessed you're quite a young guy - with a lot of fucking integrity and pragmatism. Fuck, Mr. Cinderalla is home alone again on Saturday. God. Involuntarily hermitized by society. Oh well. I love being alone, but do sometimes feel lonely. Awooooooooooooooo HOOOOOO!!! HAHAHA!

And the mentioned details by cryptohunter are awesome but they are so intricate and futuristic that I'm afraid only technocrats would appreciate it. Its not an "intuitive software". It needs to somehow be more accessible to dimwits like myself due to its wide variety of use cases, especially making people understand that they don't need an executor of an estate in order for their children to receive the funds, but can actually trust a machine to do it? Most people wouldn't trust "a" machine, of course I use that as metaphor, I'm not being literal.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:26:20 PM

Anything smart contracts can be used for

futures, any kind of betting, savings bonds,  imagine  a will even - say you were rich and dying and had 3 children you could divide your capital by 3 and send it to their bitbay addresses and time it so it is gradually locked/released to them over the course of their life time. So they would have consistent funds coming to them. Or lock in in a bitbay bond and just have  interest send out to those addresses over time...

I mean bitbay as an ebay replacement is HUGE but it is just one of 1000's or millions of possible uses for DDE and the peg and the timed locking and savings bonds. I mean you name it bay can be adapted to be involved with it Im sure.

I mean I know david has the capability to build in atomic trading if he so wished  too and a fiat in fiat out (whilst there is even a need for fiat)... so really bitbay will become a complete end to end trustless way to buy sell swap gamble earn on anything you can imagine. I mean specifics will have to be thrashed out by 1000s of dev teams that will eventually come to build on bitbay core.

I love the fact and I mean love that fact that david has essentially said a big fuck off to copy and paste scammers too whom have no talents at all other than pressing copy and paste whilst other devs have been scared to do so.  Why should he work and spend years of his life developing software for others to take and try and use that against him by out marketing him and crushing the investment every other bitbay believer that has put their faith in the project. Heavy marketing teams with no real crypto skillset are here now and they would love to scam bitbayer out of years of davids hard work.

The only room for improvement bay can make is to adapt to fads and things of the moment people want so long as they are not detrimental to the core in anyway. Capitalising on these during "their moment" is key to playing the crypto game. Having the best tech is not enough in the realm consisting of mostly handwavers and marketeers. Once we master that too bay will crush all in our way to the top 5 -10 and possibly.....

Hey Cryptohunter, thanks again for this detailed answer, appreciate it very much. BitBay is definitely a next-gen platform. I become more and more aware how great it is. So many usecases for it. I hope that people will realize its potential finally in 2018 and that it will become at least a top 25 crypto!

Hey you're very welcome. I know i'm super enthusiastic about bay ( and a couple of others but mostly bay) but I totally have come to recognise the difference between devs with vision and the talent to design and code out software that can bring that to fruition and those that dont. There are a handful of good crypto devs here these people will hold the keys to their design because they can design and code it out from scratch.

I know it is all taking quite a long time but when we do get the api you will see david has laid down the foundations for others to build upon. Other huge projects have got their jump by already allowing multiple teams to code out value into their own platform. However that does not mean the platform is better than bays. Sometimes the more intricate and complex a system is the more holes there are to exploit and more over heads. Sometimes a streamlined platform that does all the essentials you need for 99% of enough use cases to make in a monster success is better.

I do wish we had more coders helping david out but he tried to hunt good crypto coders down and apparently they are pretty few and far between. Also i guess to let them get deep and coding away at super core features is handing the keys to those whom are not essentially die hard bay devs who could perhaps divulge our design to others.

wish9

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:30:59 PM

Hey guys,

This project is very promising, we really need a decentralized marketplace.
Do you have already a beta marketplace working?
If not, when you pretend to lunch?

Maybe I would get the answer reading to all posts but there are too much xD
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

Hello, Mr. Zimbeck.

I was thinking if you can't create some kind of "pragmatic peg" / dynamic peg? I mentioned this to craig but would love your response David. What I mean by this type of peg is that, you want the currency to be stable for traders, however investors also want to profiteer out of the currency. Why don't you make this, and I label it a dynamic or pragmatic peg, so that the value of the transaction remains the value at the time of the contract's creation, however the currency itself can continue to appreciate (or this peg may be a time-stamped OPTION for the traders / users of Bay rather than an ENFORCED standard/peg, what do you think?), while smart contracts lock up their value relative to the value at the time of their creation, and changes with the fiat changes or other changes, but in this lock or contract the BAYS would retain the old value at the time of the creation? Do you not think This would serve a better, unified dual purpose, kind of make the currency "two-handed"? I'm not very smart, so I'd love to tell you how this is maybe a stupid suggestion... But I think a peg could kill it as something that people want to POS stake their wallets in unless I think my suggestion can be successfully implemented? I don't want to impose my opinion that's why I'm asking, I really think it might be a good idea, although I'm not quite sure exactly what I mean, you see? Do you?

Also, the layout of the market really still. When you open it, I studied [also business linguistics in a 4 year BA in linguistics and literature] with and was also a web/graphics designer for years (my dad's a comp. science lecturer, I call him Cannibal Lecturer we don't get along - no, not Hannibal Lector...), and there is a "visual grammar" (a term used in business linguistics) and I can tell you now that your market place needs visual lay-out readjustments. If you are willing to listen to some advice regarding that I'd really appreciate if you'd PM me. I've had to create this new account as its been over a  year since I've been on here.... and my other details are just mangled and the damn security question threw me way off...!

AAaaanyways - who wants to hear my opinion? Its not about my opinion, its about what I know more mature business professionals will think about this software based merely on its appearance, this  in relation to business linguistics schemata (reference frameworks - I don't want to cite academic literature here). I don't want to be rude since I am also still young at heart but some of your "rants" regarding your defending your honour understandably from two treacherous rats, by them [your rants about the rats who envy you your integrity]  I could already guess that you were not already in your mid-thirties, but I didn't want to be rude and ask Craig, as I had peppered him with questions via email. Today I went to the "Team" section of bitbay.market and as I had guessed you're quite a young guy - with a lot of fucking integrity and pragmatism. Fuck, Mr. Cinderalla is home alone again on Saturday. God. Involuntarily hermitized by society. Oh well. I love being alone, but do sometimes feel lonely. Awooooooooooooooo HOOOOOO!!! HAHAHA!

And the mentioned details by cryptohunter are awesome but they are so intricate and futuristic that I'm afraid only technocrats would appreciate it. Its not an "intuitive software". It needs to somehow be more accessible to dimwits like myself due to its wide variety of use cases, especially making people understand that they don't need an executor of an estate in order for their children to receive the funds, but can actually trust a machine to do it? Most people wouldn't trust "a" machine, of course I use that as metaphor, I'm not being literal.

Always great to get a new person with suggestions and ideas regarding bitbay. I'm sure David and the rest of the team will be very open to hearing you out on improvements on layout and things like that.

Please dont vanish to slack like everyone else... stick on the thread from time to time so we can get some conversations and community spirit going back on this forum.

I agree with your points and getting people to put their offsprings future into the hands of a decentralised trustless "machine" will be tough at first and perhaps for a long time. However that is just one tiny use case and there are some technocrats about Smiley  but yes we 100% need to make it accessible and indeed desirable to those that are not tech heads ( im not a tech head at all btw). I think the first real steps were the web based wallet and when we have a full market app (in the long term) people will start to come around.

The thing is this... I see davids role more as making it accessible to other teams more than the end user at first.

The reason is the use cases are so vast and so varied to make all of them as easily accessible and desirable to the end users would be impossible

I am not sure though how what skillset even devs would need to have to build out their own websites and apps on top of bay after the api is opened up. The trick here is making it as easy as possible whilst also making it as easy as possible for them to derive income from their designs.

Perhaps it would be possible for david to turn making that accessible to other development teams to another coder without them having deep knowledge of bays design i am not sure.

Mean time david could 100% code out the savings bonds, pegging, and improve the markeplace and make a start of web versions and pass app building over to some other team..

We do need a development funding mechanism coded it ... we have the decentralised voting already to vote on how to use the development funding. I think the variable rate savings bonds can provide funding or just a tax on the POS. Either way whales and small investors if they thought these funds are going directly to fund faster development I am sure all but the most short sighted would vote in favour.

Anyway yeah welcome to bitbay

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:40:55 PM

Hey guys,

This project is very promising, we really need a decentralized marketplace.
Do you have already a beta marketplace working?
If not, when you pretend to lunch?

Maybe I would get the answer reading to all posts but there are too much xD

If you check the op there is the mac link to the working marketplace wallet

or if you have a pc

http://www.davtonia.com/Bitbay/bitbaywin.zip

I'm not sure why these are not hosted on github but maybe they are too big or something. That is davids own website

How did you find out about bitbay if i may ask?

awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:51:45 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 12:05:22 AM by awill333

hey folks I am back around to do some (marketing) work on bitbay market in the near future.. I just got more coins and noticed there has been a hard fork..

I am having some problems loading the qt wallet to pull the coins I just got from the exchange..

"./bitbay-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

not sure how many ppl are running this on linux so I figured maybe it hasnt been reported yet. I am guessing it would happen to others also because it happens on two different machines.. PS I have libboost-dev installed on both ubuntus for dev work and no problems with other software that requires it. I would compile it myself but the instructions are sparse and maybe impossible(?) for regular use to compile from github? not sure I haven't dug too much yet.. the standalone ubuntu executable needs to be looked at by devs though ..

I plan to install the (new) full market client but I think I did try that and had some issue also perhaps same. It was a few days ago. I will try again and write back. the older versions I was running both work fine... but wont sync obviously Wink

update:

so yeah I am on the other machine now attempting to run bitbay-qt and getting a different likely the same error diff library:

"./bitbay-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-5.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

And with just a bit of research it is looking like a build issue and the solution from a glance as follows (a quote from a bitcoin build issue on github)

"
 laanwj commented on Apr 28, 2014

The runtime library cannot find the .so file. There are [at least] two ways to specify the dynamic linker search path. The environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH (only in that session) as well as (globally) adding the path to `/etc/ld.so.conf'.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib"

In general: If you build BerkeleyDB from scratch, build only the static library (--with-static) not the shared one (--without-shared). It will not need the static library at runtime, which makes the executable more self-contained (this is the same as done for the gitian builds).
"

update 2: looks like I don't need a solve on the qt wallet. The market client is running great I will just send the coin there. See you on the other side Wink
dapperdan

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:12:06 AM

Hey Munti, thanks for the reply.

The reason I'm wondering if I'm not on the right chains is because I use two other POS wallets, and while I occasionally get an unaccepted mine transaction on those, my BitBay wallet has had a number of mined transactions at this point, and none have been accepted. 
That's only happened on one occasion with one of my other POS wallets when I had forgotten to download the new wallet version and was told I was not on the correct chain on their slack.  After downloading the new version of that wallet, the issue went away and the majority of my transactions were accepted.

As far as I can tell, I'm on v2.0.0.0 of the QT wallet and I've left my wallet online since the earlier posts but none of my transactions have been accepted. 
I restarted the wallet to see if that fixed it, but everything is still coming through as a "?".

Any ideas how to fix it?  Or maybe it's just very common to have unaccepted transactions with the BitBay wallet?
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:40:35 AM

The reason I'm wondering if I'm not on the right chains is because I use two other POS wallets, and while I occasionally get an unaccepted mine transaction on those, my BitBay wallet has had a number of mined transactions at this point, and none have been accepted.  
That's only happened on one occasion with one of my other POS wallets when I had forgotten to download the new wallet version and was told I was not on the correct chain on their slack.  After downloading the new version of that wallet, the issue went away and the majority of my transactions were accepted.

As far as I can tell, I'm on v2.0.0.0 of the QT wallet and I've left my wallet online since the earlier posts but none of my transactions have been accepted.  
I restarted the wallet to see if that fixed it, but everything is still coming through as a "?".

Any ideas how to fix it?  Or maybe it's just very common to have unaccepted transactions with the BitBay wallet?

It depends a lot on how much coins you have. If you have few, you will most often not get the reward. The network rewards 1% stake pr year. Those that stake 24/7 get more because they also get the reward others would have gotten if they had staked, so we guestimate you will end up with 3-5% pr year for staking 24/7. 5% is nice, but if you only have 1000 Bay that's 50 Bay for staking a year. With block reward at 20 Bay pr block you should on average win 2,5 blocks pr year. So only 2-3 times in a year you actually win the block based on this example.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:52:36 PM

Off topic but please read:

"US Senate Moves to Criminalize Non-Disclosure of Cryptocurrency Ownership"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-senate-moves-to-criminalize-non-disclosure-of-cryptocurrency-ownership

Stand up and be heard! Stop this before it starts or we will all suffer the loss. Write, call, blog, post yell and scream. This must never see the light of day. For those of you in the US, it goes against every principle we believe in. Our country was founded on principles diametrically opposed to this proposed law.

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist."

"Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

"Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew."

"Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

I simply can't stress how important it is to stop this nonsense. We are no better than the Nazi's if we enact this. Even if you are NOT in the US, this will effect you in due time if enacted. Make your voices heard!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

‘Triangulating’ ? ...lol  Cheesy... i guess this is GM chess brain 🧠 talking ... David must have studied his end games really hard Cheesy

Hahah I see you're using a chess name. You might be interested then in my puzzle work. You can find it here at www.zimbeckchess.com

Also the world triangulate can also be used for radio signals, computer vision and other fields and usually references using data from multiple locations to calculate the position of another. In chess triangulating happens more often when you are in zugzwang.

Cool
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:14:43 PM

Hello, Mr. Zimbeck.

Hey there so you should look at the peg design and you will see it was designed for investors. It is a "rolling peg" similar to an economic crawling peg which means we can slowly cause the price to go up by freezing and unfreezing coins. It's a dynamic supply system. Also doing options on the chain won't necessarily force stability as they can be gamed.

We all agree with you on the GUI and will eventually want to reposition everything. Feel free to send feedback on low hanging fruit, what you think might help improve the visuals in the interim.

Haha I loved that comment about the treacherous rats. Indeed it was my instinct to defend my honor and perhaps I didn't have to and just let time prove otherwise. It's been an adventure I guess, it's almost automatic that those who are visionaries or have creative energy often find themselves alone or "hermitized". As for needing or not needing executors we already have "dead mans switch" supported in the software so you can will coins to someone else using checklocktimeverify. It's fully supported in our user interface, I think the first client ever to do so.
willoweb7

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:17:45 PM

The BitBay exchange in Poland was started on March 29 2014.

See bitbay.net

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitBay  

They're expanding into India:
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitbay-exchange-enters-indian-cryptocurrency-markets/

The Bitbay Bay, your project's first post was on Dec 12 2014... the thread on BTC talk

but BitHalo was started on What May 29th 2014.

So still behind original Bitbay Exchange which started Mach 29th same year... Sad

What do you think the implications are, or was BitHalo / BitBay already having some manifestation prior to the date of March 29 2014?

How about changing it to BittBay
The extra 't' in BittBay could stand for Bit-Transfer-Bay [whatever]  coz looks like Bitbay Exchange predates your awesome blockchain!

I'm sure they'll sue to suck up your market cap share...eh? Captain?

Dude what do you think? Dark Changed to Dash. I mean they'd sue if they saw your market cap and were sure of the copyright infringement case was strong against you, even if it was by accident its still a reality.... I just had to mention this, I mailed craig about it, damn it, he has to block my emails for real, lol. I'm a waste of time (I double post). And ye, I didn't read about the peg. Funnily I mentioned that I wanted a few years ago to create a  currency with 90% of the cap frozen, so the market liquidity would be 10%, thereby stabilizing and reducing volatility... But it would be unscrupulous if one where to be able to do so manually as per one's discretion, i.e. freeze a percentage... just an opinion, it might be seen as fraudulent.

lol deadclocktimeverify awesome dude!... There should be dropdown menus for all the tools, this is just too multi-functional and advanced man....

what about this new copyright issue, where you aware? I emailed your gmail account from the BitHalo site and said the same thing, so just delete those...
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:18:31 PM

That's only happened on one occasion with one of my other POS wallets when I had forgotten to download the new wallet version and was told I was not on the correct chain on their slack.  After downloading the new version of that wallet, the issue went away and the majority of my transactions were accepted.

Any ideas how to fix it?  Or maybe it's just very common to have unaccepted transactions with the BitBay wallet?

When did you download our QT wallet? The updated wallet was after the first of November.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:20:55 PM

Off topic but please read:

"US Senate Moves to Criminalize Non-Disclosure of Cryptocurrency Ownership"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-senate-moves-to-criminalize-non-disclosure-of-cryptocurrency-ownership

Stand up and be heard! Stop this before it starts or we will all suffer the loss. Write, call, blog, post yell and scream. This must never see the light of day. For those of you in the US, it goes against every principle we believe in. Our country was founded on principles diametrically opposed to this proposed law.

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist."

"Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

"Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew."

"Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

I simply can't stress how important it is to stop this nonsense. We are no better than the Nazi's if we enact this. Even if you are NOT in the US, this will effect you in due time if enacted. Make your voices heard!

This is the reason I left the US... they are literally diabolic. They are obsessed with stripping people of their freedoms and there is nothing they haven't criminalized. It's so sad that they do all of this and is one of the major forces holding back humanity from it's potential.

With that said, they won't be able to enforce it.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:24:24 PM

The BitBay exchange in Poland was started on March 29 2014.

See bitbay.net

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitBay  

They're expanding into India:
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitbay-exchange-enters-indian-cryptocurrency-markets/

The Bitbay Bay, your project's first post was on Dec 12 2014... the thread on BTC talk

but BitHalo was started on What May 29th 2014.

So still behind original Bitbay Exchange which started Mach 29th same year... Sad

What do you think the implications are, or was BitHalo / BitBay already having some manifestation prior to the date of March 29 2014?

How about changing it to BittBay
The extra 't' in BittBay could stand for Bit-Transfer-Bay [whatever]  coz looks like Bitbay Exchange predates your awesome blockchain!

I'm sure they'll sue to suck up your market cap share...eh? Captain?

Dude what do you think? Dark Changed to Dash. I mean they'd sue if they saw your market cap and were sure of the copyright infringement case was strong against you, even if it was by accident its still a reality.... I just had to mention this, I mailed craig about it, damn it, he has to block my emails for real, lol. I'm a waste of time (I double post). And ye, I didn't read about the peg. Funnily I mentioned that I wanted a few years ago to create a  currency with 90% of the cap frozen, so the market liquidity would be 10%, thereby stabilizing and reducing volatility... But it would be unscrupulous if one where to be able to do so manually as per one's discretion, i.e. freeze a percentage... just an opinion, it might be seen as fraudulent.

lol deadclocktimeverify awesome dude!... There should be dropdown menus for all the tools, this is just too multi-functional and advanced man....

what about this new copyright issue, where you aware? I emailed your gmail account from the BitHalo site and said the same thing, so just delete those...

Even if their thread was first it's not a big deal because we aren't in the same genre as them. They are an exchange and we are a coin. Even so we established an international presence before we did and I don't think it's wise to change the name just because someone else has it. They should change their name.

Regardless if we ever rebrand it would be after a lot of calculation.

The locktime functions are in the "Advanced" menu in the sending tab. You can set a before and after address using "advanced time lock"

It works per payment though and the software usually spends those immediately so consider setting aside a certain amount for doing that in a new account. And of course always back up your keys. Wink
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:58:50 PM

ok, that's ok if I am being ignored now I won't post here anymore.. I was a a bit rude with my last posts I guests but always misunderstood. The intention is only always ever to help otherwise I would not waste my precious time. It should be an honor really but anyway...

I am under the impression the software doesn't get much testing on linux because I am experience another bug.., blockchain sync broken somehow on about 47%.. Second time this happened I shut down the bithalo client and was reset to 2% when I re opened the app.. Was a clean exit the first time so no reason to be back on 2%! then I didnt accept, exit again and reloaded then it was back to about 30% ... Today it crashed the system for some unknown reason and when reopened the blockchain was at 2%.. client wouldnt restart at all gtk issues and some error message loading bitmessage script but not the halo gui .. this is after crash then system reboot and when reloaded it was 2%.. then clean exit and reload and it was back to 47% ...

not the intention to blast the thread with bug reports there is simply no place to post them. I am tentatively offering my services as a linux tester, if not me find someone at least. I wont post here anymore just send a pm if you would like some help then I can send the bug reports somewhere else.
willoweb7

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:15:23 PM

awil333 I am also having trouble getting my coins on my windows laptop (my disktop is linux and I couldn't even get the client to run). I just do front end dev stuff  in linux anyways though am getting to back end stuff and am too sick and lazy atm...

but I think as long as you have your wallet.dat and your private1.key and private2.key files stored safely and have your password, your coins will be safe, if I'm not mistaken?

R-J-F

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:15:49 PM

ok, that's ok if I am being ignored now I won't post here anymore.. I was a a bit rude with my last posts I guests but always misunderstood. The intention is only always ever to help otherwise I would not waste my precious time. It should be an honor really but anyway...

I am under the impression the software doesn't get much testing on linux because I am experience another bug.., blockchain sync broken somehow on about 47%.. Second time this happened I shut down the bithalo client and was reset to 2% when I re opened the app.. Was a clean exit the first time so no reason to be back on 2%! then I didnt accept, exit again and reloaded then it was back to about 30% ... Today it crashed the system for some unknown reason and when reopened the blockchain was at 2%.. client wouldnt restart at all gtk issues and some error message loading bitmessage script but not the halo gui .. this is after crash then system reboot and when reloaded it was 2%.. then clean exit and reload and it was back to 47% ...

not the intention to blast the thread with bug reports there is simply no place to post them. I am tentatively offering my services as a linux tester, if not me find someone at least. I wont post here anymore just send a pm if you would like some help then I can send the bug reports somewhere else.

If you want a quick answer, I suggest BitBay SLACK: https://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:17:37 PM

awil333 I am also having trouble getting my coins on my windows laptop (my disktop is linux and I couldn't even get the client to run). I just do front end dev stuff  in linux anyways though am getting to back end stuff and am too sick and lazy atm...

but I think as long as you have your wallet.dat and your private1.key and private2.key files stored safely and have your password, your coins will be safe, if I'm not mistaken?

Correct...  Your "coins" are in the Blockchain, not the wallet or client. These simply give you access to the records and allow you to add transactions.

Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: