Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:20:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196154 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:05:47 PM

Think about it... why would anybody need a growth account if there would be a user-friendly QT? If I start staking in my BTCD-QT.. it stakes. And I have my BTCD and I can transact them whenever I want.

I really don't understand what some people see in Neucoin.

Neucoin is not going after maintream users with a "user-friendly QT". That would be insane! There is no such thing. "BTCD-QT", "staking", etc, it's just mumbo jumbo to 99.99999999999% of users. Consumers will never download a client. Never, ever, ever.

The standard neucoin qt client is for pro miners only - and completely irrelevant for mainstream users.

They are targeting facebook users who don't even know what bitcoin is. I'm totally serious when I say that for them to figure out what PoS mining is, let alone want to try and figure it out, download a "client" and change Settings to "Unlock Wallet for Minting Only" really IS insanely technical. It really is.

So forget about the desktop client, that's not how any facebook users will start adopting cryptocurrency. It's all about reaching them on their turf, in a fun effortless way, with what can be offered through simple web interface. Drop and drag, click and done.

The future of Crypto will be as easy-to-use as a safari-browser. And we will see browser with wallets and so on. Many different ways and most of them will be simplified. There will be wallets in social-network-accounts, maybe for more than just one Crypto and so on. I'm pretty sure about that but I would bet all my BTC that Neucoin won't survive. Main-reason is the economy... even if they would be able to develop it all what they want in an technical way, the central-bank-economy with a distribution that isn't distributed in any way and more like a pyramid-scheme... I really see no chance.

And if you look at the official forum... is that really a start how you and/or many others maybe believed several months ago? There is no difference to hundreds of other Altcoin-projects with a few who hope it will be the next big thing and already worrying about it. All the unasked questions that won't be answered. But it's in the heads and it's visible on the exchanges and the richlist.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:16:58 PM

download a "client" and change Settings to "Unlock Wallet for Minting Only" really IS insanely technical. It really is.

download "Firefox" and double-click the "Firefox icon" really IS insanely technical. It really is.

greg123

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:24:09 PM

download a "client" and change Settings to "Unlock Wallet for Minting Only" really IS insanely technical. It really is.

download "Firefox" and double-click the "Firefox icon" really IS insanely technical. It really is.

It's the whole proposition of understanding what cryptocurrency is, grasping the concept of the blockchain and mining and then downloading a client and staking and all that - it's just not something that any mainstream consumer will ever do. That's not the way more mainstream users will come onboard, it just isn't.

greg123

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:26:36 PM

Hmmmm.... Facebook masses don't give a flying.... duck about crypto, they only care how many "likes" this selfie they took with their brand new iPhone is getting
And, since you don't belong to the Facebook mainstream, who "has never even heard of cryptocurrency", how the duck do you know what is pretty great for them?
drag... drop... multiply....
damn, it is too complicated, get my Visa card and let's get over it

Face the facts: the average FB user doesn't care about anonymity, privacy or security, they have given up a long time ago - otherwise they wouldn't be using social media, Chrome, Google or Windows 10
They don't give a damn about decentralization, dodging bank cartels and their unethical practices etc etc etc...

My point exactly. The facebook masses are different and want different things. Like it or not, but without mass adoption cryptocurrency will remain a niche phenomenon. Whichever coin gets the most users will win.

I believe that the future of Crypto won't be just about one or two projects. There will be several, maybe ten great projects for different purposes. One will be anonymity and that won't be the Crypto with mass-user-adoption but it will be huge. So, Anon-projects are still interesting but unpredictable. I see Dash and BTCD as most promising, but nobody knows.

Another one could be what Neucoin wants to be. But it won't be a project with 100% interest and 97% premine and a a few early adopters complaining about the tech. And if you talk about Facebook-User and the growth account. There is maybe a contradiction. Because if people would use it to tip, they won't store it in an account they aren't able to touch if they want their interest. Another problem is, even if Neucoin would be a better project: Facebook has absolutely no need to implement a project to make the few owners rich. If Zuckerberg wants something like that he can develop it in a short timeframe. Neucoin is not a real decentralized Cryptocurrency. It's highly centralized.

By the way: There is a project I've just found out and read about it the last 20 hours or something like that. Factom... it has it all what Neucoin just claims to have. It's not with a focus on tipping, but on Blockchain-Application... build on the BTC-Blockchain but with it's own currency Factoids. The most interesting project I've seen so far. Very smart... also unpredictable, but also with a huge team behind it and every aspect I understand so far is really innovative. Like Ethereum build on Bitcoin.

And Ethereum itself... the idea, could be change Crypto in general. I'm not sure about it as an Investment, but the idea is big.

And there are several other projects... I don't see any chance for Neucoin and I don't say that to write it down. It's just what I think about it.

I believe that the future of Crypto won't be just about one or two projects. There will be several, maybe ten great projects for different purposes. One will be anonymity and that won't be the Crypto with mass-user-adoption but it will be huge. So, Anon-projects are still interesting but unpredictable. I see Dash and BTCD as most promising, but nobody knows.

Another one could be what Neucoin wants to be. But it won't be a project with 100% interest and 97% premine and a a few early adopters complaining about the tech. And if you talk about Facebook-User and the growth account. There is maybe a contradiction. Because if people would use it to tip, they won't store it in an account they aren't able to touch if they want their interest. Another problem is, even if Neucoin would be a better project: Facebook has absolutely no need to implement a project to make the few owners rich. If Zuckerberg wants something like that he can develop it in a short timeframe. Neucoin is not a real decentralized Cryptocurrency. It's highly centralized.

By the way: There is a project I've just found out and read about it the last 20 hours or something like that. Factom... it has it all what Neucoin just claims to have. It's not with a focus on tipping, but on Blockchain-Application... build on the BTC-Blockchain but with it's own currency Factoids. The most interesting project I've seen so far. Very smart... also unpredictable, but also with a huge team behind it and every aspect I understand so far is really innovative. Like Ethereum build on Bitcoin.

And Ethereum itself... the idea, could be change Crypto in general. I'm not sure about it as an Investment, but the idea is big.

And there are several other projects... I don't see any chance for Neucoin and I don't say that to write it down. It's just what I think about it.

I agree with that. Definitely there will be several projects for different purposes. Maybe Dash for super anonymity. Ethereum for sure, if they ever get to realize the vision (Vitalik's last post, https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/09/28/the-evolution-of-ethereum/, sounded like the foundation is out of money and now it's all up to the "community").

And IMO, Neucoin for the casual, game-playing, selfie-liking, tipping facebook masses. It doesn't matter that some hardcore miners don't like the standard QT client. And it doesn't take Zuckerberg's implementation or even approval to get something going on facebook. I've read all the neucoin material and I've seen the online wallet. Hell, I've even tried the growth account! And there's something to it. Something that feels more web 3.0 than crypto. If they can get the games integration and mainstream marketing right I think they can get a lot of users fast.

I agree that there will be many projects that bring different things to the table to move cryptocurrency forward. And I think Neucoin can be one of them. It has the best shot I've seen so far at getting lots of mainstream users.
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:38:42 PM

And IMO, Neucoin for the casual, game-playing, selfie-liking, tipping facebook masses.

Have you no honor? Do you seriously want to publicly display your greed and incompetence to drag further ingenuous readers down into perdition just to enrich yourself?

greg123

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:53:35 PM

And IMO, Neucoin for the casual, game-playing, selfie-liking, tipping facebook masses.

Have you no honor? Do you seriously want to publicly display your greed and incompetence to drag further ingenuous readers down into perdition just to enrich yourself?

Oh, just stop it. Drama queen.
heavensopen

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:55:23 PM

It's the whole proposition of understanding what cryptocurrency is, grasping the concept of the blockchain and mining and then downloading a client and staking and all that - it's just not something that any mainstream consumer will ever do. That's not the way more mainstream users will come onboard, it just isn't.

I am not talking about tech details, this really is for just a few, like it always was. There are clients that offer great simplicity for inexperienced users - and I would prefer them 1000 times over a "Facebook wallet". What you are thinking is dangerous. You want to drag people to "like" a coin (any coin, this is not about this one in particular) for all the wrong reasons.

Despite what I believe for this one, you have to let time do its job and people will turn to cryptocurrencies on their own. There are so many advantages and, practically, no disadvantages in doing so.

Read a very simple article that states the facts in an excellent way:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115020/people-are-just-too-stupid-to-use-bitcoin-right-now

People need to be educated and choose cryptocurrencies over traditional "money" for litarally thousands of reasons
heavensopen

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 07:01:34 PM

Also, read this one:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115368/bitcoin-or-surveillance-cashless-society-will-force-you-to-make-tough-choices
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:05:16 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 07:34:12 PM by rizzlarolla

I think Sandrine may have misinformed Gekko.

Sandrine claimed,
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/guide-to-the-neucoin-presale/648
"All presale proceeds go to the NeuCoin Foundations"

Then Gekko says,
"Send your BTC to an anonymous off shore entity for this at your own risk. You have been warned. There is nobody to hold responsible if your bitcoins up and disappear."

Sandrines then answers Gekko, (before she banned him and deleted all his follow up posts.)

"Since the NeuCoin cryptocurrency has not yet been created and donated to the NeuCoin foundations, the Presale is being handled by NEU Development Ltd, a Seychelles based IBC with the single purpose of handling the Presale transactions....

Once the NeuCoin decentralized cryptocurrency is created, the founding team will donate the source code and the premined coins to Neucoin’s non-profit foundations in the Isle of Man: the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation. The foundations will then transfer 100 million coins to NEU Development Ltd in exchange for the funds raised in the Presale, and NEU Development Ltd will transfer your coins to you. Following this last transaction, NEU Development Ltd will be dissolved....

All BTC raised will be held at a publicly visible multisig Bitcoin address, which you will be able to check on a daily basis, where it will stay until either
a) NeuCoin launches according to plan and the purchasers are given their NeuCoins,"

And in a later post Sandrine clarifies,
"After NeuCoin is launched the BTC will be transferred to the NeuCoin Foundations and the NeuCoin tokens to the purchasers."

It doesn't seem to have happened like that.
Not transfered from MrNuks to 3 "separate" foundations.
Not transfered from nEU Development Ltd in exchange for 100million nokoin.

So, does nEU Development Ltd still controls the bitcoin?
It remains in the same wallet. (some has been spent)
Hasn't nEU Development Ltd been dissolved?

The 3 "seperate" foundations should own this presale bitcoin as promised.
In 3 seperate addresses I would assume.
But it looks like the nokoin team see nokoin as their own piggy bank.
nokoin team do what they like, regardless of promises.
Just make it up as they go along.

Every tx out of MrNuks is straight through the mixer, just like many of the supposed presale purchases.

Horrid, deceptive nokoin.

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 07:13:07 PM

I really don't understand what some people see in Neucoin.

Blind people cannot see. They fall for promises, buzz and hypewords instead of doing the math and realize that the whole design is a complete rip off.

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

Is this an accurate summary of the current state?

- Neucon regime sitting on 99+% of coins and staking 99.9+% of new coins?
- Trade volume on exchanges tanked because the team is the only party buying. See distribution https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NEU#tabDistribution
- Neucon regime by now (days after launch) already staked 100 Mio. coins which equals the total amount allegedly sold to public
- Remaining ICO investors in the red, forum dead, team silent besides the well known phrases ("we will soon publish", "sorry for the late reply, we are super busy", "we are so excited", yadda yadda)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the price or price range they predefined. (Remember they completely dominate the market and thereby the price)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose all their holdings and addresses as promised.
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the cash needs and resulting sales numbers.
- Big ad campaign on crypto mag web sites tries to find new "victims"
- Survey coins not sent out yet
- PoW miners finding out that it is by design totally unprofitable (http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pow-mining-change-of-algorithm/1368/44)

Next steps? Probably a mini pump by pretending to have some great news and disclosing that a first game is to be released soon to absorb the survey coin dump ...

PS: Sandrine has finally thanked the "creator" of the block explorer. She even sent a payment.
The amount? ... wait for it ... 150 Neucons = a little less than nothing at all, what an affront!

Is this an accurate summary of the current state?

Yes!

greg123

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:43:44 PM

I am not talking about tech details, this really is for just a few, like it always was. There are clients that offer great simplicity for inexperienced users - and I would prefer them 1000 times over a "Facebook wallet". What you are thinking is dangerous. You want to drag people to "like" a coin (any coin, this is not about this one in particular) for all the wrong reasons.

Despite what I believe for this one, you have to let time do its job and people will turn to cryptocurrencies on their own. There are so many advantages and, practically, no disadvantages in doing so.

Read a very simple article that states the facts in an excellent way:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115020/people-are-just-too-stupid-to-use-bitcoin-right-now

People need to be educated and choose cryptocurrencies over traditional "money" for litarally thousands of reasons

I certainly respect that point of view. Good articles, both of them. Important points. That said, I think that if a games and tipping oriented microcrypto like Neucoin were to get serious traction with mainstream users, that it wouldn't pose that kind of danger. On the contrary, I think that it would help to introduce the masses to the possibilities of cryptocurrency and benefit blockchain technology at large.

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 08:09:20 PM

That said, I think that if a games and tipping oriented microcrypto like Neucoin

I'm sorry. NoKoin isn't games and tipping oriented. It's totally greed and get rich quick oriented.

heavensopen

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 08:10:51 PM

I certainly respect that point of view. Good articles, both of them. Important points. That said, I think that if a games and tipping oriented microcrypto like Neucoin were to get serious traction with mainstream users, that it wouldn't pose that kind of danger. On the contrary, I think that it would help to introduce the masses to the possibilities of cryptocurrency and benefit blockchain technology at large.

Really?
By having banks, Facebook and Google control Neucoin's blockchain and the private keys for any address those "mainstream users" are using?
Because this is how it's going to be, if this ever happens.
And you know what comes next: sensitive private data are getting harvested, processed and sold to third parties plus that they are "offered" to a number of "authorities" and "security agencies". Then, governments will start having access to those addresses, because they will have a way to do it, something not possible with any coin so far.

This is worse than using a Visa card and a bank account and the "masses" will never trust another coin again.

No, my friend, scam or no scam, Neucoin must die fast if it's going to do such a damage.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:01:35 PM

Neu coin dosnt send anything from faucet, what a scam

m3ndi3

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:52:04 PM

It baffles me that they think they would attract users with 3 month - 1 year - 5 year growth accounts. If NeuCoin is trying to cater to the "instant gratification generation" how is it expected for kids to keep NeuCoin for 5 years, if they don't even want to keep a picture for more than 5 seconds.

Actually I am unbaffled... it makes complete sense to me. With the pace they are going with, you probably won't be able to use NeuCoin for anything until 3 months from now, and they'll probably just be rolling out with some promised features 5 years from now (if they are still around).
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 12:10:20 AM

Oh, just stop it. Drama queen.

Go FUD yourself, you shilly shill bitch!

Go buy some, they're still going for only double the presale price.
Roll Eyes

neucoinre

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:49:45 PM

New pool for neucoin: http://pool.neucoin.re

Configure your miner with:

URL: stratum+tcp://pool.neucoin.re:3333/
USER: your neucoin address
PASSWORD: anything

Payment every 5mins, fee: 3%

Tips: NhiEqSv4cAVAoaViCTW8pbU2mntFcAbttq
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:26:24 AM

so i cancelled my growth account and my coins have vanished .  no coins transferred to my wallet. no transaction showing. WTF?
Oh i know, the transaction and coins will show up as soon as the price tanks another 50% or so. So i should see them shortly.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:36:59 AM

price down to .00003300.  24 hour volume on cryptsy about 2 BTC.   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: