Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:58:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916319 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 05:02:37 PM

Right, right, you've never seen it so it doesn't exist and there's millions of others just like you. I'm done with this nonsense.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. didn't he say about a week...about a week ago?

It's a sliding timescale.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:59:52 AM

I think it was already discussed, its a proxy for a botnet.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 06:21:03 AM

Well, <2 weeks now and we should know if we are going to be the first to run ASICs. 12 days according to friedcat's post. Exciting times!

Correct me if I'm wrong.. didn't he say about a week...about a week ago?

Hey jjiimm

On the 12th he said the wafers would be at the packaging facility in a week.

On the 19th he said they were at the packaging facility and within 2 weeks we will know if the chips turned out ok. So we will get the good/bad news by the first week in January according to this schedule.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 06:25:48 AM

Update

This is again a quick update.

We received (again) the revised version of shareholders' information from GLBSE.
The difference is that this time the whole number finally adds up. So if its data is
indeed correct, it should contain all shareholders' information, including those who
refused to share their information with the asset issuers. Therefore we will base the
shareholder data on the new version.

Update
1. Our wafers are already in the slicing and packaging service. Whether we could beat everyone else in early delivering, or we have to revise and redo the wafers, will be known within the next two weeks.

An encouraging update! It means the chips at least passed the QC at the fab, and that slicing+packaging+testing is already under way. I'm hungry for more info, please return soon and fill in more blanks:
1) Recovered the ~5000 BTC from GLBSE yet? (I would like to just stop worrying about it...)
2) Did the fab really process 12 layers in 7 days, or was it simply information delay?? [Dec 05: "There are 12 layers left", Dec 12: "we are now in QC"]
3) What is the reason for deploying the second half of the chips later than the first? [Genuine question, I'm simply not smart enough that the reasons are obvious to me!]

I think I can say on behalf of all (at least many/most) stakeholders: Thanks, congrats, and keep up the great work!
1) GLBSE still owes us money, but the total debt is much less than 5000BTC. As I promised before, the rest debt is restructured as: GLBSE owes me, and I owe the company. If we fail to get the rest debts back I would be responsible for paying back to the company.
2) As far as we know it's not information delay. It's because the foundry sped up in the later stage (called "bullet" in their jargon) and the last 12 layers are way different.
3) It's for fail-tolerance. The second half of the chips stayed at the stage that has 14 layers left, to allow further modifications if the first batch of chips fail to work due to design or manufacturing flaws that are fixable without re-doing the whole mask.

keystroke

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 08:39:01 PM

Update

This is again a quick update.

We received (again) the revised version of shareholders' information from GLBSE.
The difference is that this time the whole number finally adds up. So if its data is
indeed correct, it should contain all shareholders' information, including those who
refused to share their information with the asset issuers. Therefore we will base the
shareholder data on the new version.

Update
1. Our wafers are already in the slicing and packaging service. Whether we could beat everyone else in early delivering, or we have to revise and redo the wafers, will be known within the next two weeks.

An encouraging update! It means the chips at least passed the QC at the fab, and that slicing+packaging+testing is already under way. I'm hungry for more info, please return soon and fill in more blanks:
1) Recovered the ~5000 BTC from GLBSE yet? (I would like to just stop worrying about it...)
2) Did the fab really process 12 layers in 7 days, or was it simply information delay?? [Dec 05: "There are 12 layers left", Dec 12: "we are now in QC"]
3) What is the reason for deploying the second half of the chips later than the first? [Genuine question, I'm simply not smart enough that the reasons are obvious to me!]

I think I can say on behalf of all (at least many/most) stakeholders: Thanks, congrats, and keep up the great work!
1) GLBSE still owes us money, but the total debt is much less than 5000BTC. As I promised before, the rest debt is restructured as: GLBSE owes me, and I owe the company. If we fail to get the rest debts back I would be responsible for paying back to the company.
2) As far as we know it's not information delay. It's because the foundry sped up in the later stage (called "bullet" in their jargon) and the last 12 layers are way different.
3) It's for fail-tolerance. The second half of the chips stayed at the stage that has 14 layers left, to allow further modifications if the first batch of chips fail to work due to design or manufacturing flaws that are fixable without re-doing the whole mask.

Will shareholders receive an email confirming how many shares they have? This would be helpful. I want to make sure my shares are on record with you. Thanks for the update!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 11:42:22 PM

Will shareholders receive an email confirming how many shares they have? This would be helpful. I want to make sure my shares are on record with you. Thanks for the update!

Yes, friedcat wrote this already. He will contact everyone. Check his posts...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
keystroke

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 02:21:39 AM

I have read all of hosts and I saw one where he said he would contact people with an ambiguous address. I could have forgotten but I don't remember one where he says he will contact us to verify how much we had after the updated GLBSE list was out.

LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 04:05:24 AM

I cannot find such a statement.

Please substantiate your assertion.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 12:04:50 PM

I have received an email from Friedcat, letting me now haw many shares I have according to GLBSE and the bitcoin address associated with it.

Thanks Friedcat!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 04:43:35 PM

2. The shares are under processing. Shareholders (determined per e-mail address) offering different addresses to GLBSE and to us will receive a confirmation mail asking which to use or whether changing to a newer one. And we also hope to identify the shareholders who claim both different e-mail addresses and different addresses as many as possible. The principle would basically be:
  1) If the shareholder has both claimed to GLBSE and to us, we will use the share number provided from GLBSE.
  2) If during analysis, the shareholder hasn't claimed to GLBSE but claimed to us, we will keep a separate list and see if it should be merged.
  3) If the shareholder hasn't claimed to us but claimed to GLBSE, we will of course use the GLBSE data.

A proprietary exchange sounds great.
Yes. And we are working towards it. First we need to sort the actual data out from what we have now. We have a close partner working on a new platform that is considerably safer than GLBSE due to its more secure structure. And of course existing platforms like btc.co are also sound options. It is also optional for each shareholder to join the platform or to lock the shares in with us.

This is a quick update. Please expect more details soon.

2. All shareholders who have ambiguous Bitcoin addresses will receive the confirmation mails within this week.

3. We will make ASICMINER re-hosted after the confirmations, as well as the platform decided. It will not be later
than our first deploying and the first payment to shareholders.

I refer to these posts. He claims that he wants to contact the shareholders that have emails or addresses that doesnt match the ones at glbse. After that he means to decide the platform. And he mentioned that every shareholder will get the option to lock their shares with the company itself. Thats only possible by contacting the users or let them decide another way i think. But ok, its an assumption only. Smiley

keystroke

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 06:24:40 PM

2. The shares are under processing. Shareholders (determined per e-mail address) offering different addresses to GLBSE and to us will receive a confirmation mail asking which to use or whether changing to a newer one. And we also hope to identify the shareholders who claim both different e-mail addresses and different addresses as many as possible. The principle would basically be:
  1) If the shareholder has both claimed to GLBSE and to us, we will use the share number provided from GLBSE.
  2) If during analysis, the shareholder hasn't claimed to GLBSE but claimed to us, we will keep a separate list and see if it should be merged.
  3) If the shareholder hasn't claimed to us but claimed to GLBSE, we will of course use the GLBSE data.

A proprietary exchange sounds great.
Yes. And we are working towards it. First we need to sort the actual data out from what we have now. We have a close partner working on a new platform that is considerably safer than GLBSE due to its more secure structure. And of course existing platforms like btc.co are also sound options. It is also optional for each shareholder to join the platform or to lock the shares in with us.

This is a quick update. Please expect more details soon.

2. All shareholders who have ambiguous Bitcoin addresses will receive the confirmation mails within this week.

3. We will make ASICMINER re-hosted after the confirmations, as well as the platform decided. It will not be later
than our first deploying and the first payment to shareholders.

I refer to these posts. He claims that he wants to contact the shareholders that have emails or addresses that doesnt match the ones at glbse. After that he means to decide the platform. And he mentioned that every shareholder will get the option to lock their shares with the company itself. Thats only possible by contacting the users or let them decide another way i think. But ok, its an assumption only. Smiley

Smiley He has contacted me with my number of shares and GLBSE payout address. Thanks everyone for the lively discussion!

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

Thanks keystroke and dutchbrat. Looks like its only a matter of time everyone gets the info.

Im really eager to see the first dividend paid out and how much it is. Exciting times... Smiley

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

I have mere 187 shares. I want to buy more to get it exactly 200. Who wants to sell me 13 shares now with the guys around here as witnesses and Bitcoin addresses signed messages/the block chain as a proof?

I will pay 0.15*13 = 1.95 BTC. I will even make it 2 BTC Smiley.

Hey I know it is little so do not patronize a poor dude. It is not cool -_-!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Mausini

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 03:53:30 PM

whats the status with the confirmation mails? I havent received anything so far. And even more excitingly, are there any ASIC news???
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

Received confirmation email 12/23.  Thinking positive thoughts!

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2012, 04:56:00 PM

been away from bitcoin stuff for a few months, and lots happened Sad
GLBSE ... *sigh*
and some securities asking real life identifying informaiton - No, i'm not going to be sending a copy of my driver's license to some random person overseas. I don't like inviting up identify theft Smiley

Finally did like week ago to fill the information form @ GLBSE.

Hopefully everything gets sorted out for Asicminer. i purchased quite a bit of asicminer!

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 02:17:07 AM

Update

Here is the good news:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91173.msg1422891#msg1422891

And sorry for the delay of confirming the rest shareholder information caused by the
job of testing, troubleshooting and deploying, but we will do it very soon.

bougelahi

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 03:34:44 AM

omg been checking for an update all day. EXACTLY what I wanted to see thank you for the update!
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 07:11:32 AM

omg been checking for an update all day. EXACTLY what I wanted to see thank you for the update!

Oh, you too? Open eyes, get shower, get coffee, click click are Asics here today? Today was particularly good click click day.  Nice job. I didn't care whether Asicminer would be first, but this is a very niii-iice bonus.

edit: Too bad glbse went down, one thing is missing is numeric value of my share price soaring through the roof... now I can only imagine it. It's still sweet though.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 07:18:14 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2012, 08:12:27 AM by Transisto

Oh, you too? Open eyes, get shower, get coffee, click click are Asics here today? Today was particularly good click click day.  Nice job. I didn't care whether Asicminer would be first, but this is a very niii-iice bonus.

Yes, first, but with the equivalent of a 650$ *future* BFL unit.  

What's the release schedule ?, How many of these have been ordered ? are they all expected to come online soon ? by next month ?

Sorry if these informations are public already, I haven't been following much.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: