Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2015, 11:38:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.10.2 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1343 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 2574884 times)
Gabit

Activity: 145

View Profile

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 01:50:37 PM

+1 for fast migration to a trading platform.
+1 for faster sending of confirmation email that I own my shares

-1 for migration to a trading platform.

If it is not done in block chain with colored coins, or similar manner, please do not. It just will get busted, and create another mess like GLBSE. If we can trade it by using block chain +1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Private Internet Access™ - No logs, Unlimited Bandwidth, PC Magazine's Editor's Choice
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mausini

Activity: 177

View Profile

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 08:22:33 PM

I know christmas is over, but here is my late wishlist:

• More info: I know you are probably pretty bussy, but I think everybody here is eager to know how thing are going...
  • Share ownership confirmation: This might not be your top priority right now. However, as some investors already got their confirmation, I would be very happy to get mine as well.
[/s]
  • Trading platform: I dont know... I would love to buy more shares Smiley

got my confirmation. thanks friedcat! update?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Free your mind, and your ass will follow

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 08:28:52 PM

+1 for migration to a trading platform (ideally with a backup plan in case it blows up -like a daily detailed report to the asset issuer, containing wallet address, shares owned and email of each investor)

creativex

Activity: 406

View Profile

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 08:37:04 PM

+1 for migration to a trading platform (ideally with a backup plan in case it blows up -like a daily detailed report to the asset issuer, containing wallet address, shares owned and email of each investor)

Would you settle for an automated report sent to asset issuers every 12hrs with investors' email and number of shares? Smiley

This would describe https://btct.co/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130982.msg1401799#msg1401799 - [BTC-TC]bASIC-MINING
http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,886.0.html - [LTC-GLOBAL]LTC-DMF
http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,817.msg3279.html#msg3279 - [CRYPTOSTOCKS]AGLTC

BTC: 1Hfp99tugY4H5FYEoM3hj4JDLzShzZ9ifB

You have zero chance of changing others and only a slim chance at changing yourself. Be the change you want to see and others may follow.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Free your mind, and your ass will follow

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

Would you settle for an automated report sent to asset issuers every 12hrs with investors' email and number of shares? Smiley

This would describe https://btct.co/

Yes. And nothing less.

samson
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 09:24:21 PM

Yes. And nothing less.

Seems about right to me, I'd like to see trading resumed on this asap whichever platform is chosen.

I don't see any reason why transaction details can't be sent automatically to the issuer in real time as they happen. Maybe some of the platforms do this already.

Is there any timeframe on the completion of this return to trading ?
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 02, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

If it is not done in block chain with colored coins, or similar manner, please do not. It just will get busted, and create another mess like GLBSE. If we can trade it by using block chain +1.

Except friedcat was just going to run his own just for asicminer.

friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 06:31:33 AM

Update

The samples passed all functionality tests. The power consumption is also within the expected range. And as our overclocking tests had shown, they still have a lot of potentials compared to our original spec. This means that the biggest risk of our project is gone and our NRE is a fruitful spend.

The first production batch of chips will be out of the packaging service tomorrow. Our deploying is on its way.

Briefly yes. But the new platform is not owned by us. We have more control to it than other third-party platforms. It's also more secure and easier to audit/monitor than others. We couldn't give an exact timeline but also as said before it will be before our first dividend payment, which is in the very near future since the first mining farm using self-designed ICs in the world is about to be born.

niko

Activity: 742

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 06:36:51 AM

Update

The samples passed all functionality tests. The power consumption is also within the expected range. And as our overclocking tests had shown, they still have a lot of potentials compared to our original spec. This means that the biggest risk of our project is gone and our NRE is a fruitful spend.

The first production batch of chips will be out of the packaging service tomorrow. Our deploying is on its way.
Great news, kudos to engineers behind this project. This will look wonderful on your resumes!

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 06:39:13 AM

Update

Briefly yes. But the new platform is not owned by us. We have more control to it than other third-party platforms. It's also more secure and easier to audit/monitor than others. We couldn't give an exact timeline but also as said before it will be before our first dividend payment, which is in the very near future since the first mining farm using self-designed ICs in the world is about to be born.

It is a shame that the shares are not actively trading so we could see the price jump upward on this news.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
samson
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 06:44:03 AM

It is a shame that the shares are not actively trading so we could see the price jump upward on this news.

True, this devalues it for everyone.
beekeeper

LTC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 08:20:23 AM

Update

Well, GZ guys.
At the same time, I must admit, IMO bitcoin developers (Gavin and CO) should have forced a hard fork with a new alg, not allowing ASIC taking over BTC. Right now, it seems, 51% of hashing power will be in short time in the hands of few individuals which will mine for themselves. I bet this wasn't the original idea behind BTC..

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
punin

Activity: 508

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 08:21:41 AM

True, this devalues it for everyone.

This does absolutely nothing to devalue these shares. If you want to quickly sell yours, I'm willing to buy them.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Holding B.V.
www.bitfury.com
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 08:57:23 AM

Update

Well done! You're eternal now. Be sure to put a few of these babies into plastic for donating them to a museum, as this will be the first official ASIC touching the bitcoin network!

This will be a heck of a re-IPO. Make sure to give people enough lead time to get their BTC onto the exchange. Otherwise I see the price overshoot due to liquidity issues. The sky is the limit.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
lophie

Activity: 910

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 09:46:51 AM

Well, GZ guys.
At the same time, I must admit, IMO bitcoin developers (Gavin and CO) should have forced a hard fork with a new alg, not allowing ASIC taking over BTC. Right now, it seems, 51% of hashing power will be in short time in the hands of few individuals which will mine for themselves. I bet this wasn't the original idea behind BTC..

Well since it is possible some people would eventually do it for any alog. IMO this is the best scenario for it to actually happen. Several groups working on their own designs and a community willing to buy such hardware to decentralize as much as possible and secure the network.

The first horse advantage? Now how would you prevent that in any scenario? Just be glad the first horse is not planning on shitting all over us!  Cheesy

beekeeper

LTC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 10:11:16 AM

Well, GZ guys.

Well since it is possible some people would eventually do it for any alog. IMO this is the best scenario for it to actually happen. Several groups working on their own designs and a community willing to buy such hardware to decentralize as much as possible and secure the network.

The first horse advantage? Now how would you prevent that in any scenario? Just be glad the first horse is not planning on shitting all over us!  Cheesy

Algorithm change and fork. As I said, it seems to me, BTC creator thought it as a decentralized currency to be hashed on peoples around the world computers. We are now in worst case scenario, with one very small group able to control more than 51% of hashing power.
Ofc, nothing can be done now and we should congrats the guys which put so much effort and won this race. But again, I cant stop noticing where BTC started and where it ended today..

BlackBison

Activity: 252

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 11:32:58 AM

Algorithm change and fork. As I said, it seems to me, BTC creator thought it as a decentralized currency to be hashed on peoples around the world computers. We are now in worst case scenario, with one very small group able to control more than 51% of hashing power.
Ofc, nothing can be done now and we should congrats the guys which put so much effort and won this race. But again, I cant stop noticing where BTC started and where it ended today..

There is no need to fork anything. There already exists an ASIC resilient altchain that is almost identical to Bitcoin except for the algorithm: Litecoin.

It is a difficult choice: decentralised mining that is 'more in the original spirit' of what Satoshi intended (according to some) or a more professional but centralised mining system that has a much higher efficiency and hashrate (hopefully).

Let us see what the free market chooses... personally I don't see why it wouldn't choose both as redundancy is always useful if nothing else!

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 11:48:55 AM

Well, GZ guys.

The first horse advantage? Now how would you prevent that in any scenario? Just be glad the first horse is not planning on shitting all over us!  Cheesy

If you're crying for an algorithmic change, you didn't really understand the technology underlying bitcoin mining. There's no escaping from ASICs in the long run. The only thing you will gain from algorithmic changes is to destabilize the mining industry and make the POW system vulnerable.

With respect to litecoin... same story - but nobody would seriously spent the NRE cost on that blockchain, that's why there are no ASICs for LTC - yet (and I doubt there ever will be any).

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
beekeeper

LTC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 12:12:19 PM

If you're crying for an algorithmic change, you didn't really understand the technology underlying bitcoin mining. There's no escaping from ASICs in the long run. The only thing you will gain from algorithmic changes is to destabilize the mining industry and make the POW system vulnerable.

With respect to litecoin... same story - but nobody would seriously spent the NRE cost on that blockchain, that's why there are no ASICs for LTC - yet (and I doubt there ever will be any).

I am not crying about anything. And ASIC could be avoided if it developers wouldn't try so hard to stay in their comfort zone.
I am just noticing that today status is 180 degrees of what Satoshi probably had in his mind. And no worries, LTC ASICs are way more harder to be built than BTC.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile

Ignore
January 03, 2013, 12:17:01 PM

I am not crying about anything. And ASIC could be avoided if it developers wouldn't try so hard to stay in their comfort zone.
I am just noticing that today status is 180 degrees of what Satoshi probably had in his mind. And no worries, LTC ASICs are way more harder to be built than BTC.

What did he have in mind? Please post a reference.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1343 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.