Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 [993] 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
rudi

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:00:10 PM

it's a joke that 2 days delay suffice to raise so much doubt about fc's longtime commitment to his company and turn this thread into a stirred up anthill.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:03:25 PM

Trolls are coming thick and fast, wheres Gandalf?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
d3adh3ad

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:10:25 PM

Trolls are coming thick and fast, wheres Gandalf?

Trolls go where the food is and where people are willing to feed them.  Wink
OvervoltYou

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:11:12 PM

Well lets just say I lost 32BTC from investing into this. I know its my fault so you guys don't have to blame me for taking this risk. It is a part of investing into things like this. It is just sad that it is becoming very common now in the btc forums.

I myself invested well over 1 Million into multiple bitcoin companies trying to get up an running and majority of them keeps their word. It turns out the ones who have too much to handle just breaks down and decide to make a few sales and run off with it. This is all a risk that you have to take and its our faults for investing into it.

finally, fresh perspective
it looks like scam now

and some of you, circlejerks and bagholders think over it again.

no divs, but sales and mining were done
no posting either

"we are all fucked over again", in bfl style (failed gen2, overpromised gen3, no communication and "subject to change")

sad.

PROVE IT!

If you are going to accuse this of being a scam back it up with proof. FC never stated the May 27th date and that date was always subject to change. He never made that promise, you just trusted a board member and set the date in stone in your head. Thats not how the real world works. Sometimes dates are missed for a myriad or reasons. One could be that he doesn't want to pay divs until all his chip customers have the chips working so right now he is taking up a support roll to get the chips working so that he can with confidence pay out the dividends.

He can't pay out the dividends until the chips have been accepted for delivery and the customer has had the opportunity to test the chip.

I can prove it. Let me just read this forums rules before I post any screenshots. Don't want to be breaking any rules showing private info.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:20:39 PM

general trolling

Date registered: today

The sockpuppetry is weak with this one. You'll have to try harder, buddy.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

general trolling

Date registered: today

The sockpuppetry is weak with this one. You'll have to try harder, buddy.
You're not wrong, to call it (and bbxx) idiotic would be too kind. AM deserves much better trolling than this.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:32:21 PM

On one hand, I am personally a bit frustrated and anxious like everyone else for FC's delays.
On the other hand, I am extremely pissed at all the crybabies out there asking for dividends, and accusing of Friedcat of being a scammer.

Do you know how infrequent it is in the real world to be getting any dividends from growth companies?
Even mature large cap companies decide to give a shit in dividends, even if their profits are monstrous, such as Google who keeps more than 30 billion in cash and doesn't pay a single cent. Apple is another example, ebay, amazon, or Berkshire fucking Hathaway

So why on earth would one buy stocks in such companies?
Because we are betting on their increase in value, the money that is not distributed to us is reinvested in the company to make it grow.
You dimwits. I am fucking tired of coming back to the forum to see a horde of idiots crying for dividends.

Dividends are sweet, but it is not really a must.
I really hope, I just hope Friedcat announces that there will not be dividends anymore because he wants to reinvest it all in the company.
I will gladly pick up all your panicked dumps.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:57:44 PM

On one hand, I am personally a bit frustrated and anxious like everyone else for FC's delays.
On the other hand, I am extremely pissed at all the crybabies out there asking for dividends, and accusing of Friedcat of being a scammer.

Do you know how infrequent it is in the real world to be getting any dividends from growth companies?
Even mature large cap companies decide to give a shit in dividends, even if their profits are monstrous, such as Google who keeps more than 30 billion in cash and doesn't pay a single cent. Apple is another example, ebay, amazon, or Berkshire fucking Hathaway

Because we are betting on their increase in value, the money that is not distributed to us is reinvested in the company to make it grow.
You dimwits. I am fucking tired of coming back to the forum to see a horde of idiots crying for dividends.

I really hope, I just hope Friedcat announces that there will not be dividends anymore because he wants to reinvest it all in the company.

It was stated in the original shareholder agreement that an AM share represents 1/400,000 of the company and always will and is entitled to that share of the profits.  Here you can read it:

Introduction
ASICMINER is a virtual identity totally held by investors of the Bitfountain company. The Bitfountain company's business includes mining with self-built ASIC devices, as well as the sales of them. Currently ASICMINER shareholders holds 163,962 shares, while Bitfountain shareholders holds 236,038 shares. ASICMINER shares have the privilege of getting all net profits till 0.1BTC/share from the day when dividends began to be paid. They also have the exemption of dilution, which means that each ASICMINER share always equals to 1/400,000 of the total profits and voting power of the summed value from both ASICMINER and Bitfountain.

Since you are comparing other companies to Asicminer, where are the quarterly earnings sheets that the others are required by law to file?  So it's not like those other companies right?  Or is it?  Either way, shareholders deserve more respect that what Friedcat and you would give them.  I'm not trolling here, I'm just sick of the attitudes of so many that shareholders are not deserving of some respect.  This industry has had more than it's fair share of scam artists - and it makes everyone just a tad leery!  So when news and dividends are scarce it is only natural to ask a few pointed questions especially in this largely unregulated space.

novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:02:15 PM

Agreed.

---

This isn't aimed at those with valid criticism, of course:

By all means, if you're going to whine and bitch like spoiled little divas, sell your fucking shares. All of them. As soon as possible.

Afterward, never come back to this thread again. Make an appointment with your local doctor and get sterilized. You'll be doing the world a huge favor.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

It was stated in the original shareholder agreement that an AM share represents 1/400,000 of the company and always will and is entitled to that share of the profits.  Here you can read it:

Introduction
ASICMINER is a virtual identity totally held by investors of the Bitfountain company. The Bitfountain company's business includes mining with self-built ASIC devices, as well as the sales of them. Currently ASICMINER shareholders holds 163,962 shares, while Bitfountain shareholders holds 236,038 shares. ASICMINER shares have the privilege of getting all net profits till 0.1BTC/share from the day when dividends began to be paid. They also have the exemption of dilution, which means that each ASICMINER share always equals to 1/400,000 of the total profits and voting power of the summed value from both ASICMINER and Bitfountain.

Since you are comparing other companies to Asicminer, where are the quarterly earnings sheets that the others are required by law to file?  So it's not like those other companies right?  Or is it?  Either way, shareholders deserve more respect that what Friedcat and you would give them.  I'm not trolling here, I'm just sick of the attitudes of so many that shareholders are not deserving of some respect.  This industry has had more than it's fair share of scam artists - and it makes everyone just a tad leery!  So when news and dividends are scarce it is only natural to ask a few pointed questions especially in this largely unregulated space.

Agreed. This is now the 8th straight week there has not been a single dividend paid, without the slightest update from our leader as to why? Have we really not mined a single block all the time? Then to top it off he sets a very specific and public date, one that he was well aware were going out to his shareholders, which he then fails to utter a tiny peep, all while allowing the 8th Wednesday to come and go without an update either! But he has time to come on and comment on other forum posts and completely disregard this one. Any way you slice it this is simply not respectful or fair behavior.
cs54

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:16:31 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 03:29:10 PM by cs54

Submitted Questions:
1) When can we expect the financial report that's supposed to coincide with the next round of dividends?
re 1) May 27.

The issue for me is more about the financial reports -- I would be fine with no dividends if the reports were delivered. The lack of both, despite expectations to the contrary, is unsettling.

I can appreciate the need for secrecy surrounding strategy, trade secrets and performance but not when it's done inconsistently and without notice. Predictability is so important in such a crazy growth industry and distrust is contagious; we are rightfully last in line when it comes to operating considerations but at some point the bad ju ju and loss of confidence will spill to the customer and supplier level.

EDIT: I'm loving the BRK comparison and think that would be a perfect model for FC and AM. Just give us a no-frills website, an annual letter to shareholders, and quarterly reports, and watch as the goodwill and power come rolling in.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/
http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/letters.html
http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/reports.html
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 12:18:54 PM by KarmaShark

My guess is that with the May 27th date more than a full day in the rear-view mirror with nothing in sight, the start of June will be when dividends and the financial reports are announced. I believe there was talk that we may be moving to a more traditional monthly dividend schedule. If FriedCat implements this new system then it would make good sense to start everything off on the right foot at the onset of the new month. Given that this would be Sunday, we aren't too far off.

Now, if June 1st passes with nothing then my only other guess is he is waiting until the end of Q2 which would make it July 1st. At some point FriedCat is going to post in the thread, so everyone relax. He logs in daily and is commenting in other Gen3 hardware threads so there is little concern of a scam being pulled. Someone with his intelligence understands that to go back on your word to your investors shows the character of someone who you would not want to be in business with going forward. This extends down to the company's loyal customer base and suppliers. This company is the one shining beacon of light in an otherwise scummy environment of unregulated Bitcoin securities. Should FC fail us, I see little reason for the entire market to keep going. Who would invest when holding BTC is already proven to be successful more often than not?

Take a deep breath, head outside and get some sunlight. We will have answers soon.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:30:40 PM

I'm going double or nothing, keep the fud coming in pls Smiley

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:48:11 PM

Agreed.

---

By all means, if you're going to whine and bitch like spoiled little divas, sell your fucking shares. All of them. As soon as possible.

Afterward, never come back to this thread again. Make an appointment with your local doctor and get sterilized. You'll be doing the world a huge favor.

the problem is it is difficult to sell direct shares.
i am not going to wait weeks for share transfer to havelock and missing dividends if any will be
juratul succesfully has unloaded/blocked market on forum becouse 400 is very large number...

i can sell some direct shares (13) but i am sure that noone will pay good price for them

i was hoping for one damn post by friedcat here but he dont bother.
he is just ignoring this topic and juratul answers are worthless

like few recent question rounds, only bullshit and fairy tales

this case is worse than labcoin, kenS and others, they were posting their tales, friedcat is not,
 board members are posting about unicorns to make their unloads easier...
eastpk

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

Agreed.

---

the problem is it is difficult to sell direct shares.
i am not going to wait weeks for share transfer to havelock and missing dividends if any will be
juratul succesfully has unloaded/blocked market on forum becouse 400 is very large number...

i can sell some direct shares (13) but i am sure that noone will pay good price for them

i was hoping for one damn post by friedcat here but he dont bother.
he is just ignoring this topic and juratul answers are worthless

like few recent question rounds, only bullshit and fairy tales

this case is worse than labcoin, kenS and others, they were posting their tales, friedcat is not,
 board members are posting about unicorns to make their unloads easier...

I'll buy your shares - PM me a price.

Current bid price of havelock - with signature of addy.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:29:45 PM

pmed
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

Just to give some perspective to people who are saying FC used to post all the time, and not he does not post much at all... several things have changed.

In the beginning, there were no customers to support, only investors... and some were skeptical.  After friedcat paid back the IPO money and then some, the need to calm nerves lessened greatly and the need to post here as often lessened up... but he did not loosen up on posting.  What then followed was a huge bull run of the price north of 5BTC a share, Jutarul even threw up huge walls to try and calm the storm, but they were eaten through like candy.  I think possibly friedcat may be worried about the fact that any time he does post news, the price usually gets a bump,  If he posts too much... the price gets inflated.

Also he now has many many customers, franchisers, partners and investors all needing things from him.  Some people may be having technical issues with the chip, others may be working out payments... AM is a young company, and the growing pains on support staff must be immense.

That being said, yes... I do think SOME update is warranted by now, but if you notice something... none of the board members are posting here with any concerns and or updates of information.  I imagine there is some reason that Jutarul has yet to speak up, possibly just because he does not want to be berated... but I think it is a possibility that there is some good reason they cant post information.  They are in China remember...

stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:40:03 PM

I wish I woulda waited till now to buy some cheap shares i got no btc left
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:10:30 PM

Maybe FC was here?
http://www.coindesk.com/private-china-meeting-bitcoin-mining-industry-leaders/

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
rudi

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:55:56 PM

It seems not:

Miners: The Gathering. http://www.bitell.com/t/2157

I was wondering when that was going to happen. Miner OEMs colluding to fix prices and slow the price erosion.
Since mining is a zero sum game, it pays off for them to work together to limit overall supply. Like OPEC for the bicoin mining industry Smiley.

All it takes is one to break from the group...

As I know, Friedcat didn't attend the gathering.

Dude, sorry, who are you and where are you getting your information from? I just don't know whether to take you seriously or not. It's nothing personal.

Thanks.

I am from China, and I got the information by chatting with guys who is famous in "Bitcoin world" in China.
Pages: « 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 [993] 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: