Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916325 times)
Another User

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:16:17 PM

Feel free to point out any of my posts where I have been wrong.

Uses straw man's argument = therefore, can "never be wrong"  Roll Eyes

wat

Each time I called a fail, it failed.
Granted, the odds were stacked in my favor, since almost everything out there is either a scam or just some incorrigible child role-playing bznz, but nothing unfalsifiable about my predictions Smiley

NotLambchop
1) Posts pics of Havelock "assets"
2) Takes data 'X' and misrepresents as 'Y'
3) Insults other users because they don't see it as 'Y'
4) Claims to be right, those who disagree = wrong

Clearly not a straw man's argument  Roll Eyes Cheesy

RoadStress Sock Puppet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:21:34 PM

Feel free to point out any of my posts where I have been wrong.

Uses straw man's argument = therefore, can "never be wrong"  Roll Eyes

wat

Each time I called a fail, it failed.
Granted, the odds were stacked in my favor, since almost everything out there is either a scam or just some incorrigible child role-playing bznz, but nothing unfalsifiable about my predictions Smiley

Staw mans arguments + 9/10 odds of guessing correct by calling everything a scam = legitimately the smartest person on this forum.

Care to enlighten us on how asicminer is a scam?
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:31:29 PM

I'm not terribly excited about what happened here over the last few days.
Based on a few of the balance sheet assessments, I tend to agree that AM is setup pretty well over the next few quarters.

However, I do see a time where investors become too much of a pain in the ass - and totally unnecessary.
It would be better to buy them out, and become more private/

If it were me and I wanted to kill off investors.
I would cut off dividends.  Shut them out for awhile.  Let them panic.  Let the value tumble.  Buy back their shares.  And carry on.

No conspiracy.  But, we have become a really big group of whiny bitches.  (myself included)
Regardless if it's warranted or not - I wouldn't want to put up with us.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

There is no friedcat.
"friedcat" is just an account with no RL name attached, Bitfountain could have easily changed account's owner down the line.

As long as he was giving regular updates yes, he was rightly labeled as reliable and trustable.
Then everything changed.
Like past dividends do not imply future dividends, past reputation do not imply you are still honest.
Especially if we don't even know who "he" is.

Brandon Lu (Xinyu Jiang)

The same name and email that friedcat used for email in 2012 is associated with the AM200 design documents from 2014 so I don't believe account ownership has changed.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:51:54 PM

I guess there is an assumption that the board members were paid off to not say anything about the company being bought or some other nefarious event?

I'm not implying that the board members were paid off, but I know that TAT, for one, gave up his position.  I also have no idea how many shares are currently held by the board--shares could have changed hands at any point, by multiple means.  I'm also not clairvoyant, I don't always know exactly how each and every scam is done.  I simply allow for the fact that there are possibilities I haven't considered.  Con artists who are good at their trade are as specialized as aardvarks, they study and refine their craft just like any other professional. Just like I don't expect to understand the minutia of ant-eating, it seems foolish to assume I grasp the art of the con as fully as the ones working it.

And that's all I'm saying here--not understanding how a scam works is not proof of it not being a scam.  Everything beyond that was thrust onto me by ASICMINER fanbois and jittery "investors."  To be clearer still, I never called this a scam--merely pointed out that the odds of losing on this are astoundingly high.  Not only due to FC, but to a slew of third-party risks--exchanges, etc.  The potential upside in no way compensates for this, making this a nonstarter as an investment.

Hope this is a bit clearer.
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:54:33 PM

No conspiracy.  But, we have become a really big group of whiny bitches.  (myself included)

I wouldn't be so quick to be apologetic about investor behavior. It's largely attributable to the lack of information coming from AM. IMHO there would be a fraction of the problems if they reported and didn't let imaginations run wild. To blame investors for their poor behavior as a result of the situation is wrong.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:56:34 PM

I guess there is an assumption that the board members were paid off to not say anything about the company being bought or some other nefarious event?

I'm not implying that the board members were paid off, but I know that TAT, for one, gave up his position.  I also have no idea how many shares are currently held by the board--shares could have changed hands at any point, by multiple means.  I'm also not clairvoyant, I don't always know exactly how each and every scam is done.  I simply allow for the fact that there are possibilities I haven't considered.  Con artists who are good at their trade are as specialized as aardvarks, they study and refine their craft just like any other professional. Just like I don't expect to understand the minutia of ant-eating, it seems foolish to assume I grasp the art of the con as fully as the ones working it.

And that's all I'm saying here--not understanding how a scam works is not proof of it not being a scam.  Everything beyond that was thrust onto me by ASICMINER fanbois and jittery "investors."  To be clearer still, I never called this a scam--merely pointed out that the odds of losing on this are astoundingly high.  Not only due to FC, but to a slew of third-party risks--exchanges, etc.  The potential upside in no way compensates for this, making this a nonstarter as an investment.

TAT never had a position. He had it because of the Passthrough management and he was forced out of it when Havelock took over. Now his personal opinion is one thing but he definitely doesn't have super secret conspiracy type information to base his opinion on.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:00:37 PM

NotLambchop
1) Posts pics of Havelock "assets"
2) Takes data 'X' and misrepresents as 'Y'
3) Insults other users because they don't see it as 'Y'
4) Claims to be right, those who disagree = wrong

Clearly not a straw man's argument  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Do you understand what a straw man argument is?  Not one of your points, with the possible exception of (2), even implies it.
Re. (2):  What, specifically, are you talking about?
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

TAT never had a position. He had it because of the Passthrough management and he was forced out of it when Havelock took over. Now his personal opinion is one thing but he definitely doesn't have super secret conspiracy type information to base his opinion on.

He was also speaking in a place that is very anti anything that MP is selling. There is a reason he did not say that stuff here.

anyway TAT is not a guy i would take trading advice from, or even trust with BTC.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:05:23 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 05:51:27 PM by hdbuck

Mehh everything is on track. Within the next month or two, we will see even more miner companies blooming thx to AM's chips. The lately XBTec now advertizes 5Ph immersion cooled mining rigs on their websites (here come your new competitors spondoo..)..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626694.msg7074332#msg7074332

AM share price will go up back to 0,4 in a blink once we got a better idea about quantities, production/selling prices, advancement in production, kicking off of solomining and franchising. They just started selling WORKING chips (in-stock!) for barely a month. Cut FC some slack so he can sell those 8M worth chips (production cost). And there's still a massive 3rd batch for june..
Tape out was successful 3 months ago only (or could it be 2 maybe? I remembered some delays so everything would be perfect - ie not like Avalon, Hashfast & co.).
I predict by july/august 1st round of agressive divs. Taking the price back to 0,7 at least.

Now keep your FUD to yourselves or feel free to sell your shares at those RIDICULOUS prices

edit: Plus AM is dealing with TSMC. thats no bullshit industry partner. what's 3 months of no divs? or even 5 or 6? or a year? NEVER in any normal companies divs has been payed every fucking weeks. you noobs.
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:09:02 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to be apologetic about investor behavior. It's largely attributable to the lack of information coming from AM. IMHO there would be a fraction of the problems if they reported and didn't let imaginations run wild. To blame investors for their poor behavior as a result of the situation is wrong.

The less communication we have, the more irritated we become.  
The more irritated we become, the less communication we'll be provided.

I totally agree with you.  But, there's no good reason for them to fix it.  We're irrelevant.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:09:16 PM

Not sure where I led you to believe a conspiracy was involved.  Havelock dealings are a black box to me, so I'm uncertain how you came to the conclusion that TAT was "forced out."  But no conspiracy beyond the usual opaqueness needs to take place.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:36:16 PM

Not sure where I led you to believe a conspiracy was involved.  Havelock dealings are a black box to me, so I'm uncertain how you came to the conclusion that TAT was "forced out."  But no conspiracy beyond the usual opaqueness needs to take place.

TaT was not forced out, he just had enough dealing with the Havelock passing through biz. Moving on stuff.. Yet i bet he still have some personal stake in AM.
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:40:30 PM

TaT was not forced out, he just had enough dealing with the Havelock passing through AM's biz. Moving on you know.. Yet i bet he still have some personal stake in AM.

He did not have enough dealing with the HL PTs to not introduce the NEOBEE PT though... Tongue
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

Don't you think TAT's a scammer for being in bed with NeoBee?
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:52:11 PM

now buy buy buy!
and hodl,

yesterday was a good day for trading, 0.12 bottom.
now 0.24 with potential to 0.3-0.4 in few days
still great profit opportunity

i hope friedcat will launch some immersion cointainers with own pcb design, a lot of money was dumped into those tanks and installations, i am sure that it will be used or sold in next few weeks.
Another User

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:54:25 PM

Why do you think he doesn't post on here anymore? All that "insider trading" Havelock mentioned was TAT dumping shares, leaving all other "investors" out to dry. That's why he didn't push any further legal action, he got his BTC out. That's all that mattered to him. "ThickasThieves", a fitting name.

RoadStress Sock Puppet
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:56:58 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 06:13:29 PM by Mabsark

now buy buy buy!
and hodl,

yesterday was a good day for trading, 0.12 bottom.
now 0.24 with potential to 0.3-0.4 in few days
still great profit opportunity

i hope friedcat will launch some immersion cointainers with own pcb design, a lot of money was dumped into those tanks and installations, i am sure that it will be used or sold in next few weeks.

To people who sold their shares at a loss due to panic, you can thank people like this person who spread FUD.

finally, fresh perspective
it looks like scam now

and some of you, circlejerks and bagholders think over it again.

no divs, but sales and mining were done
no posting either

"we are all fucked over again", in bfl style (failed gen2, overpromised gen3, no communication and "subject to change")

sad.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 06:29:32 PM by hdbuck

TaT was not forced out, he just had enough dealing with the Havelock passing through AM's biz. Moving on you know.. Yet i bet he still have some personal stake in AM.

He did not have enough dealing with the HL PTs to not introduce the NEOBEE PT though... Tongue

Sure everybody makes mistakes. I remember thinking once Neobee was great.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Why do you think he doesn't post on here anymore? All that "insider trading" Havelock mentioned was TAT dumping shares, leaving all other "investors" out to dry. That's why he didn't push any further legal action, he got his BTC out. That's all that mattered to him. "ThickasThieves", a fitting name.

Then why should we give a fuck what TAT thinks? Now, if he was just another scamee and not a scammer, then again, why should we listen to his investing advice?

Basically, there's no reason to pay any notice to what TAT says.
Pages: « 1 ... 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: