Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:25:38 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

This is a classic question its a tough call, some money should be held in a bank for a rainy day in a fairly secure mechanism that way its easy to access, the less liquid capital like real estate and gold are also reasonable investments.
That said debt is a pain so its best to remove that if the interest rate you pay is higher than any return then to invest accordingly to risk preference and need for liquidity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbase

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:52:56 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
It depends on so many things I think. Vastly on the investors financial condition. It's pretty simple, it generally goes high risk investment, high expected return but then there's the role of risk which essentially is the principle factor deciding investment or saving.
So even though the question is pretty simple, people spend hours trying to find the 'right' answer to that.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:07:42 PM

Invest most of it but into several potentially profitable projects. Save 20%.

Diversify your principal between saving and investing is indeed a right way to do it but rather than investing into several "investment" , it will be better if people put it into one solid "investment" of his own choice. In this case , deposits could be an option, safe and easy with just a signature on a piece of paper.

P.S: BTC itself is a form of investment as well if you believe it long term strategy  Wink

But if you put all your money or solid your money in just one investment and if that investment was failed you don't have left any money, so that its better to diversify your money or make business that make you earn money and can take over the loss in your investment.

But its too risky to diversify your money scattered all of the invesments. If you loss there is no guarantee you will cover it with others invesments and

the payout you got is never higher than one solid invesment that will make your return is slower

Investments are always risky, but it's that risk that you're counting on and you wont get anywhere without taking risks. It's about not putting all your eggs in one basket and certainly not investing more than you can afford to lose. Sometimes people take the risk and go all in and sometimes it pays off massively, but of course at the other end of the spectrum is failure and bankruptcy but only the person can decide what to do but nobody ever gets anywhere in investments without having faith or taking that leap.

But if the risk is high enough I will not get there to invest altough it will pay a lot because that investment sure is not a good one to be invested. I

will say no to leaping, having faith is good enough some people have a great luck and suddenly get a good leap I think that is possible
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:02:15 PM

Every investment have a high risk.

Not every investments IMO. Safe deposits is also a form of investment and it is low risk especially if the bank is backed out by the government. It seems like you are assuming that every investment is indeed a HYIP by the tone that you judge that every investment are always high risk

I know safe deposit is one of a form invesment but the interest you got is so low and you need like high cash when do a deposit so you will earn like about 3-5%. If you just save it little by little I dont think that will good enough to earn some good cash.

I said that you can cover your lost in other investment by investing in another investment. And i think you are thinking that both of your investment will loss or failed? i think it won't happened because you will choose the right investment and you know that your money or coins will be safe from that invesment. :3

But you must make sure that is a good investment or legit one to cover the lost one, if one of them is lost you will get a loss altough you get some from others but still it can't cover it all. If I choose both of the the good one, it must be a little payment so why dont you gamble and choose others (not a ponzi type) investment, you can earn more with that
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:39:01 PM

Not every investments IMO. Safe deposits is also a form of investment and it is low risk especially if the bank is backed out by the government. It seems like you are assuming that every investment is indeed a HYIP by the tone that you judge that every investment are always high risk

I know safe deposit is one of a form invesment but the interest you got is so low and you need like high cash when do a deposit so you will earn like about 3-5%. If you just save it little by little I dont think that will good enough to earn some good cash.

It is actually up yo 7.5 % (mostly) per year depends on the your principal either, higher principal will get you more interest rate though. Even if the interest is low but it is still better than any type of other investment that are advertising high nonsense interest rates within short amount of time.

Actually safe deposits isnt a way to "earn" for living. People put their money on safe deposits because they got more than what they needed for living. In accordance to this thread, better to save or invest it, safe deposits would be the answer for it because it is on the middle of both investing and saving

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:00:28 AM

I said that you can cover your lost in other investment by investing in another investment. And i think you are thinking that both of your investment will loss or failed? i think it won't happened because you will choose the right investment and you know that your money or coins will be safe from that invesment. :3

But you must make sure that is a good investment or legit one to cover the lost one, if one of them is lost you will get a loss altough you get some from others but still it can't cover it all. If I choose both of the the good one, it must be a little payment so why dont you gamble and choose others (not a ponzi type) investment, you can earn more with that
Yeah you must sure and you know what is the good and bad because you are old enough to make a decision and you know that decision is right.
maheshmahi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:07:19 AM

My opinion is to save with gold or real estate or save in any bank but don't go for online investment. It cannot be trusted
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:18:54 AM

It is actually up yo 7.5 % (mostly) per year depends on the your principal either, higher principal will get you more interest rate though. Even if the interest is low but it is still better than any type of other investment that are advertising high nonsense interest rates within short amount of time.

Actually safe deposits isnt a way to "earn" for living. People put their money on safe deposits because they got more than what they needed for living. In accordance to this thread, better to save or invest it, safe deposits would be the answer for it because it is on the middle of both investing and saving

the only problem with this is that your money are locked for the entire period, you can't get back your principal until the whole time has passed, what if you need them for a emergency? you are screwed, so they still hold a % of risk
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 08:56:02 AM

the only problem with this is that your money are locked for the entire period, you can't get back your principal until the whole time has passed, what if you need them for a emergency? you are screwed, so they still hold a % of risk

Indeed true, that is I state that safe deposits is not a way to "earn" for living but it is a way to "earn" more with your unused money. Basically most investment dont have an exit option though so it is not surprising that investing actually means locking your money for specific amount of time for some interest

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:47:25 AM

Its better to invest money than just save it.... but smart investing.
Gold is always good option.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 10:08:40 AM

Gold is not always a good option though. Basically if you are looking to invest your money into a form of "goods" than real estate is a better option than gold. Obviously it is because real estate business have always been increasing since the past time and had neber shown a sign of decreasing ( more human , lower hectar of land, higher real estate prices ). Plus that "land" is much more easier to keep than gold though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Erza
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:54:09 PM

My opinion is to save with gold or real estate or save in any bank but don't go for online investment. It cannot be trusted

Gold is the best investment until now because their price is always go higher and higher if it drops it wont drop significantly but real estate it is kind of

risky to invest in it same as online investment but now online investment is a good thing to do since bitcoin is going better and that is depends on you

whether you want to trust it or not
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:13:35 PM

Gold is not always a good option though. Basically if you are looking to invest your money into a form of "goods" than real estate is a better option than gold. Obviously it is because real estate business have always been increasing since the past time and had neber shown a sign of decreasing ( more human , lower hectar of land, higher real estate prices ). Plus that "land" is much more easier to keep than gold though

Not all of that is true, real estate for some time it will loss the interest in people because of the taxes, and it will increase when the tax officer wont come into their place to ask for their taxes but the price of gold is always stable and it is really worth to keep it and invest in it and we never pay tax for it so we can keep on investing in it without any worry about gold price. If you ask people about keeping land or gold, I think more people will choose gold because place to keep gold is easier to find than keep a land
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:10:58 PM

Not all of that is true, real estate for some time it will loss the interest in people because of the taxes, and it will increase when the tax officer wont come into their place to ask for their taxes but the price of gold is always stable and it is really worth to keep it and invest in it and we never pay tax for it so we can keep on investing in it without any worry about gold price. If you ask people about keeping land or gold, I think more people will choose gold because place to keep gold is easier to find than keep a land

You don't need place to keep land. Though land is a by far more risky asset than gold. Internet and Hollywood are full of harrowing stories and movies about people investing in land and then going bust when their expectations didn't come true...

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:21:59 PM

Indeed it is much simpler to keep a gold than to keep a land and also gold is not tax-able . Gold price is actually not stable, if you look at the chart you could see that the price has fluctated for some period of time. My logic on this woud be because gold is consider to be a commodity, which means that in 100 years there will be something to replace gold "perhaps" . BTC could be the next "commodity" to replace gold but with land , in 100 more years there will be huge population boost (considering the population growth) and there might be a shortage of land, thus this will increase the value of it though

You don't need place to keep land. Though land is a by far more risky asset than gold. Internet and Hollywood are full of harrowing stories and movies about people investing in land and then going bust when their expectations didn't come true...

Not quite risky IMO. Actually any type of "investment" is risky. Best thing to do would be to choose one that has less risk than the other. Basically land will preserve less risk than gold though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
aso118
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:15:33 AM

better to invest in bitcoin, gold maybe more secure, but bitcoin has more potential to grow

saving money in the bank, will only mean losing them in the long-term with the current high inflation

I would think bitcoin operates under the same guise, if you look recently into bitcoin it gained fame becausse of how expensive it was (Like over 1000$) but now it has tanked way below that, because of the overabundance, and therefore a type of inflation.  I would think investing in something more physical would be worthwhile, instead of money type things.  Like a house, it may dip a lot but it will always come back up, you just have to be patient. 

Bitcoin gained fame not because how expensive it was, but how quickly it got there.
The tendency to invest in real estate/ real assets is more prevalent in developing countries, where the financial markets are not that well developed. Equity (in general) is a more preferred class than real estate, and Bitcoin has the potential to provide even higher returns. So a small proportion of your savings in bitcoin is not a bad idea.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:54:57 AM

Because its better to handle land than a gold and gold can be stolen and land is not.
And as time as passed by, the real estate increasing its value.
Erza
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:29:42 PM

Because its better to handle land than a gold and gold can be stolen and land is not.

How are you going to handle land? gold is much more easier to handle because we just need to find a safer then we can safe it right away without

anyone notice it. There are many banks that provide this kind of safer. Value oth of them are increasing but imo real estate is more fluctuative than gold
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:12:56 PM

Nope that is not true land is a good investment too but compare to gold its just have the same risk but I think gold is better for future than land because there will be limit to lands but for gold it will become rare and the price will going high in some time

Indeed it is much simpler to keep a gold than to keep a land and also gold is not tax-able . Gold price is actually not stable, if you look at the chart you could see that the price has fluctated for some period of time. My logic on this woud be because gold is consider to be a commodity, which means that in 100 years there will be something to replace gold "perhaps" . BTC could be the next "commodity" to replace gold but with land , in 100 more years there will be huge population boost (considering the population growth) and there might be a shortage of land, thus this will increase the value of it though

But with that period of time the price didnt drop significant and when I look back 10 years ago until this time the price is increasing. And I dont think people will accept it that easy since gold price is going up and up
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:37:40 PM

How are you going to handle land? gold is much more easier to handle because we just need to find a safer then we can safe it right away without

anyone notice it. There are many banks that provide this kind of safer. Value oth of them are increasing but imo real estate is more fluctuative than gold

Land is safe as long as the government recognizes said land as yours, which means if anyone tries to stole it, they'll send the police to kick them out. The day this changes tho, the only way to protect your land will be by being on top of it with a shotgun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: