Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 06:40:57 AM

Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.

Of course it is and so does the other type of company that offer you an X percentage for investing on their company. If the operator/company doesnt make more than what they promise to give you then they wont be making anything at all.

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business.

Three years isnt needed for investing. Getting investment doesnt mean that you need a big chunk of money here, instead there is a lot of smaller investment that you can get i.e an oz of gold , although what you get in return for your investment will be in a small amount but atleast it is something rather than nothing for waiting for 3 years.

always try to double your investment

Bad idea, you dont try to double up what you invest in this case but more likely consider each investment to have an exit plan instead. The simple rules will be

Code:
get investment -> get a profit -> exit -> repeat the process

Otherwise you will be swimming in delusion of constantly wanting to get a big chunk of money without even getting an actuall profit for your investment because every investment got its own risk, you might not always get a profit but maybe a loss instead

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:32:05 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 10:50:49 AM by Amph

It's better to invest than save. I think right now, the market is open for any investment available. Wait for bitcoin to stabilize it self on the current market and put your money in cryptocurrency. Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.

i guess the only others option is to invest in those risky HYIP/ponzi, and hope to exit at the best time without losing anything, i don't see many oithers alternative, and there aren't without risk

Bad idea, you dont try to double up what you invest in this case but more likely consider each investment to have an exit plan instead. The simple rules will be

Code:

Otherwise you will be swimming in delusion of constantly wanting to get a big chunk of money without even getting an actuall profit for your investment because every investment got its own risk, you might not always get a profit but maybe a loss instead

i agree with this, the only problem is when is the correct time to exit, you will learn it by losing, at least at the beginning
ecommerce

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:39:28 AM

i think invest in saving money is one of those tasks that's so much easier said than done. everyone knows it's smart to save money in the long run, but many of us still have difficulty doing it. 1. Pay yourself first.The easiest way to save money rather than spending it is to make sure that that you never get a chance to spend the money in the first place.
2. Avoid accumulating new debt.
3. Set reasonable savings goals.
4. Establish a time-frame for your goals.
5. Keep a budget.
6. Record your expenses.
7. Start saving as early as possible.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

i guess the only others option is too invest in those risky HYIP/ponzi, and hope to exit at the best time without losing anything, i don't see many oithers alternative, and there aren't without risk

Its not even an investment to begin with, it is basically surrendering your money to those thief if you are putting in your money into HYIP while there are still tons of other investments available and thats basically stealing from someone else

Code:

i agree with this, the only problem is when is the correct time to exit, you will learn it by losing, at least at the beginning

There is no "correct" time to exit this. Basically anytime you got a slight profit about 1 % then that would already be the best time for you to exit thus in theory people are always willing to stay up longer in hope to get much more which actually ends up burning themselves instead.
Thus Of course with a solid investment such as gold and/or real estate / BTC people tend to stay much longer though since it is meant to stay as a long term investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:48:45 PM

i think invest in saving money is one of those tasks that's so much easier said than done. everyone knows it's smart to save money in the long run, but many of us still have difficulty doing it. 1. Pay yourself first.The easiest way to save money rather than spending it is to make sure that that you never get a chance to spend the money in the first place.
2. Avoid accumulating new debt.
3. Set reasonable savings goals.
4. Establish a time-frame for your goals.
5. Keep a budget.
6. Record your expenses.
7. Start saving as early as possible.

And also :
Buy the things that you really need and dont buy your wants.
Dont make a debt so that you can pay your debt.
And also having a patient.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:34:59 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 07:25:10 PM by Amph

There is no "correct" time to exit this. Basically anytime you got a slight profit about 1 % then that would already be the best time for you to exit thus in theory people are always willing to stay up longer in hope to get much more which actually ends up burning themselves instead.
Thus Of course with a solid investment such as gold and/or real estate / BTC people tend to stay much longer though since it is meant to stay as a long term investment

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can always exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 07:21:35 PM

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can alwasy exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect

Indeed I has stated that it has no correct time as there are several aspect to look at and thats depends on each individual as well. Sense of maximizing profit and minimizing risk will be different somewhat one across another and not to mention that no every investment would be the same in this case.
Therefore there is no "correct time" on it because discussing about this will lead to an endless discussion because each person will have a very very different opinion onto this  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:41:08 PM

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can alwasy exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect

Indeed I has stated that it has no correct time as there are several aspect to look at and thats depends on each individual as well. Sense of maximizing profit and minimizing risk will be different somewhat one across another and not to mention that no every investment would be the same in this case.
Therefore there is no "correct time" on it because discussing about this will lead to an endless discussion because each person will have a very very different opinion onto this  Wink
Because its decentralized and no one can control the price of bitcoin. Yeah thats right we have a unique thinking skill so that we will not agree with their opinion.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:04:58 PM

i guess the only others option is too invest in those risky HYIP/ponzi, and hope to exit at the best time without losing anything, i don't see many oithers alternative, and there aren't without risk

Its not even an investment to begin with, it is basically surrendering your money to those thief if you are putting in your money into HYIP while there are still tons of other investments available and thats basically stealing from someone else

Code:

You cannot live off long term investments only. The best way to is to combine both. Try to profit from whatever, including pumps from shitcoins, in order to beat the time/money axis and improve your long term investment (the more BTC you have the better for the long term view).
Only when you have a decent amount in your "long term investment bucket" you can leave it resting without touching it. I would say about 10.000 USD is a solid figure to work with long term. Warren Buffet turned his 10.000 USD initial investment into 100.000K in a decade for the Washington Post shares. Similarly, one could have 10K in current BTC price and wait for your goal price. I think with a current 10K investment in BTC, 100K is doable in 10 years if all things go as planned.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 08:38:59 PM

Code:

You cannot live off long term investments only. The best way to is to combine both. Try to profit from whatever, including pumps from shitcoins, in order to beat the time/money axis and improve your long term investment (the more BTC you have the better for the long term view).
-snip-

Actually I dont mention anything about living from long term investment only but I do encourage people to make an exit way as soon as possible for the better outcome if you check my post there.

Code:

Also that it is not about profitting in other part of thing to beat the time axis for your long term investment but this is a thread about wether to save or invest it though so there is only two options between saving and/or investing

P.S : "playing" with shitcoins is dangerous if you dont know things about it Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:54:08 PM

well the best option is keep the money on real banks... moove into bitcoin will take some risk since we dont know how much can a btc worth on the end of the year looks its stable at 200 250 dollars but can easy jump ad down from night to day but i can say i believe this price will stand till this end of year ,even when some people said the btc can return into the 600 dollars and above mark but im pretty sure wont happen in the next years ... but may happen as every day a btc mined ,is shares and several transactions daily soo btc is going out slowly
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:03:06 AM

depends on your age.  If you are young you should diversify your investments and consider some high risk investments.  As you get older you should be more conservative with your investments and have lower risk.

Always keep an eye on what's in the news.  Observe the peaks and valleys and buy in the valleys and sell in the peaks.  Safe investing is a way of saving and making your money work for you but sometimes an interest bearing account is an important part of your investment portfolio.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:54:05 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

BUY GOLD AND BITCOIN INVEST TO THE FUTURE OF MONEY
don't invest on dollar or EU

im start buy Bitcoin in rate 160$ and sell it on 300$ that very high profit for me
in Bank i get only 3-5% interest permonth
in Bitcoin i can get 15-20% per month

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:31:37 AM

depends on your age.  If you are young you should diversify your investments and consider some high risk investments.  As you get older you should be more conservative with your investments and have lower risk.

it depends also if you are rich or semi rich, because if you are poor you can't do nothing no matter what, you need your little money to survive, the first cases instead can go ahead and start investing like crazy, in any kind of asset even dangerous one

the one that actually don't know how to save money are actually the rich guy non the poor
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 07:49:03 AM

it depends also if you are rich or semi rich, because if you are poor you can't do nothing no matter what, you need your little money to survive, the first cases instead can go ahead and start investing like crazy, in any kind of asset even dangerous one

the one that actually don't know how to save money are actually the rich guy non the poor

I think people get rich because of their investment in past. If they don't know how to invest money, I guess they are semi rich, that trying to get rich in future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jhonsoneric86

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 07:49:57 AM

Investing money instead of saving is really a good idea. In saving we can not make our money big but in investment we make huge money in just few hours. I will prefer everyone to invest money instead of saving. I have invested my half money in properties. I find this business really beneficial for me.
Dalord1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:52:47 AM

Savings or investment depends on the need of the individual. Savings is good for contingent situations as you can use it for any unforseen circumstances but savings will make your money idle While investment can go two way, either you make profit on the investment or loss. But investment with good feasibility studies and critical analysis should reduce the risk of losing money
Dotakels

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:18:30 AM

Investing money instead of saving is really a good idea. In saving we can not make our money big but in investment we make huge money in just few hours. I will prefer everyone to invest money instead of saving. I have invested my half money in properties. I find this business really beneficial for me.
yeah and that investment failed your money will loss. But its better to invest than saving.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:02:55 AM

yeah and that investment failed your money will loss. But its better to invest than saving.

It is always about net balance, if you are better of in net, then its worth it, if not then you will lose in long term.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:29:58 AM

Savings or investment depends on the need of the individual. Savings is good for contingent situations as you can use it for any unforseen circumstances but savings will make your money idle While investment can go two way, either you make profit on the investment or loss. But investment with good feasibility studies and critical analysis should reduce the risk of losing money

You can save or invest money, but the main point is you can't invest all of money you have, since it is so risky and you can lose it anytime if you can't do investment wisely. You must separated the money to two ways:
1. Money for your living by save it in the Bank
2. Money for your investment
If you lose your money on investment, at least you still have money for your living.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: