Bitcoin Forum
January 19, 2018, 12:35:46 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PPC] PPCoin Released! - First Long-Term Energy-Efficient Crypto-Currency  (Read 647862 times)
Sentinelrv

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:11:24 PM

Is there a roadmap from the development of this coin.
I know it's been here forever Wink, but what's cooking for the future ?

v0.6 just released and we are currently focusing on that. However, we've been discussing what we'd like to accomplish for a while now. Official talks have started recently about what exactly we want to include in v0.7. Once developers come to consensus, we'll most likely release some kind of roadmap so the community knows what to expect from us in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
antaresus

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:14:22 PM

https://steemit.com/peercoin/@ppcman/peercoin-roadmap-peercoin-created-2012-as-a-solution-to-bitcoin-s-scalability-problems
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:26:52 PM

v0.6 just released and we are currently focusing on that. However, we've been discussing what we'd like to accomplish for a while now. Official talks have started recently about what exactly we want to include in v0.7. Once developers come to consensus, we'll most likely release some kind of roadmap so the community knows what to expect from us in the future.

A day to day development, I like that.
But why is it still call v.0x ?!

antaresus

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:34:31 PM

A day to day development, I like that.
But why is it still call v.0x ?!

It is like Bitcoin Smiley
Sentinelrv

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:22:08 PM

As mentioned earlier, v0.6.1 has been released. This version should solve the issues people were having earlier with the client minting before the blockchain is fully synced. If anyone is still having this issue, please report it here.

Also, a troubleshooting guide has been added to the release thread here...

https://talk.peercoin.net/t/peercoin-v0-6-1-now-released-upgrade-today-blockchain-redownload-required-instructions-inside/6289
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 06:08:50 PM

Hi,

We've added PPC to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

sha256 pool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/gomining?algo=sha256

Blocks found by zpool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/block?id=1390

Explorer:

http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/1390

Peers:

http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/peers?id=1390

Cheers!

antaresus

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:45:44 PM

Peercoin is defended from the greedy miners.

Bitcoin's security relies on miners. As time goes on, Bitcoin will be forced to move transactions "off block-chain". If Bitcoin moves off block-chain, miners cannot be compensated for these transactions. If miners cannot be compensated, they won't mine. If miners don't mine, network security goes down as time goes on. As time goes on, Bitcoin becomes increasingly less secure and more risky to use as a safe-haven to store very large sums of money. Peercoin's design solves this problem.

PPC is more energy efficient, secure against 51% attack, and enforce transaction fees at protocol level to defend against block bloating attacks. Bitcoin's network is actually a huge waste of energy, and will become less and less attractive as time goes on, less secure as time goes on, and eventually get block bloated. Peercoin has "Significant" innovation above and beyond bitcoin.
https://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1o6qoq/eli5_why_choose_peercoin_over_bitcoin/
cryptophil

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:25:42 PM

Hi all can anyone inform me how many coins for a weekly stake at this moment, give or take ...

Cheers

To stake or not to stake! Be stake or be there!
Verdell

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:49:21 AM

Are there any mock ups of a peercoin website redesign? We need too improve the website
Verdell

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:52:38 AM

besmartbecause
The energy efficiency aspect cannot be underestimated.

Bitcoin will suffer from an endless cycle of perpetually needing more and more and MORE mining gear to keep it going...this process is really turning into a beast that can only end badly...and it is never going to end. The worst part about Bitcoin is that Proof-of-Work has basically turned into Proof-of-Electricity. This is going to be a serious energy problem...and only the places with cheap electricity will be able to compete...this will force energy prices perpetually higher and higher.

But now, with Peercoin, it this is completely unnecessary. Peercoin is evironmentally sustainable, and shows that Bitcoin is just an inefficient coin, a complete waste of money, and resources.

I am not against Bitcoin, I love BTC, but I am looking objectively, and I am willing to admit it is not perfect. There is absolutely NO WAY it can become a world reserve currency! The energy costs would destroy our planet. I am against the direction BTC is going, greed it taking over peoples' common sense. Wake up people! Lose your pride! Humble yourselves! Don't lose your head, but rather use common sense.

If you honestly think Bitcoin would ever be the world's reserve currency, and you honestly think it would be worth $1,000,000 per coin or whatever your astronomically high number is, just think about all of the power wasted on mining to support such a beast!

Continuing to be a Bitcoin advocate while it destroys our planet, is evil. May I remind you that we are trying to get ourselves away from corruption, tyranny and death, and rather to bring life to our world. Bitcoin will not be able to fit into this picture in the long run. The sooner we switch to Peercoin, or other efficient coins, the better.

Sentinelrv

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:39:08 AM

Are there any mock ups of a peercoin website redesign? We need too improve the website

There is a roadmap website that is under development that will go live first before we work on the main website, though I can't say how long it will take yet. I just received concepts for it tonight, but we're still working on adjusting the design.
Verdell

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:08:31 AM

Can we have look at the website ideas ?
Sentinelrv

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:10:28 AM

Can we have look at the website ideas ?

This is the initial concept for what will eventually become roadmap.peercoin.net. Colors still need to be adjusted somewhat though and we have yet to put in any actual details for v0.7. What this currently shows is how you can see a timeline view of both protocol releases and community projects. We still need to build it and make more adjustments, but this is to show that progress is being made.

https://i.imgur.com/RRACD7k.png

Sentinelrv

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

The Rock Trading have removed all fees on Peercoin trading until the end of the year...

https://therocktrading.com/

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2170

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

last version

Code:
$ ./peercoin-qt

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
CreateNewBlock() : ConnectBlock failed       
peercoin in ThreadStakeMinter()       

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CreateNewBlock() : ConnectBlock failed
Aborted (core dumped)

▄████████▄           ▄███████▄
          ████████████▄       ▄███████████
         ██████████████████████████████████
         ██████████████████████████████████                                              █████
          ████████████▀       ▀███████████                                               █████
            ▀██████▀            ▀██████▀                                                     
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄▄▄▄▄▄             █████████      ███████████    ████▒     █████  █████     ▄█████████▄     ███████████
 ██████████          ██████████          ███████████▒    ████████████    ████     ████   █████    █████████████    ████████████
█████████████       ████████████        ████     ████    ████    ▒████   █████   ████    █████   ▒████     ████▒   ████▒  ░░████
█████████████      ██████████████      ██████████████▒   ████     ████    ████   ████    █████   ████      ▒████   ████▒    ████
█████████████      ██████████████      █████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒    ████     ████     ████ ████     █████   ████▒     ▒████   ████▒    ████
█████████████       ████████████        ████▒            ████     ████      ███████      █████    ████     ████    ████▒    ████
 ▀█████████▀         ▀████████▀          ███████████     ████     ████      ▒█████       █████     ███████████     ████▒    ████
                                           ▀██████▒      ████     ████       ▒███        █████       ▀█████▀       ████▒    ████
           ▄████████▄          ▄████████▄
          ████████████▄      ▄████████████
          ████████████████████████████████
           ██████████▀        ▀██████████ 
            ▀██████▀            ▀██████▀ 
    WORLD'S MOST PROFITABLE STANDARD
  OF SELF-EXPANDING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE
FACEBOOK 】【 TWITTER
        ANN THREAD
TELEGRAM MEDIUM

Join our ICO: 
Dec. 1-31 │ Whitepaper 
Verdell

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:11:20 PM

The first place new investors go  too learn about peercoin  is the website  an upgraded website should be a priority once investors learn all the great things in devolpment with peercoin and all the other features that make peercoin an excellent coin it won't be 4300 peercoin too the bitcoin I think 100 too 500 peercoins too the btc is closer too fair value 100 peercoin too the bitcoin was the Jan 2014 exchange rate
Verdell

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

linalouise6h
What are the current thoughts regarding private transactions in Peercoin and/or Peerassets?

Should private transactions be a separate protocol outside the chain and just use other chains like zcash and monero?

Should private transactions be incorporated into Peercoin or into Peerassets? Or another layer on top of Peerassets?
dan_and_shan

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

As mentioned earlier, v0.6.1 has been released. This version should solve the issues people were having earlier with the client minting before the blockchain is fully synced. If anyone is still having this issue, please report it here.

Also, a troubleshooting guide has been added to the release thread here...

https://talk.peercoin.net/t/peercoin-v0-6-1-now-released-upgrade-today-blockchain-redownload-required-instructions-inside/6289

Well done, team
Very smooth, and all to easy Smiley

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
je@ngrey83

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:05:38 PM

Hi all can anyone inform me how many coins for a weekly stake at this moment, give or take ...

Cheers

Hi there,  for a weekly stake I think we're talking tens of thousands ppc on the wallet. May be 20k? I think so at least,  if anyone has got better estimations please feel free to add.
cenicsoft

Activity: 281

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:29:36 PM

BannerView.com has added Peercoin payments as part of its BannerCoin project. The BannerCoin project is enabling website merchants to accept a variety of cryptocurrencies alongside credit cards and Paypal under a single integrated solution.

PPC payment acceptance can be seen in action in the BannerView.com Website Marketing store and it's also accepted for BannerCoin purchases.

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.