Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🆗[ANN]Okcash[OK] ✅OK v8 OK Heroes ✅Trust Wallet ✅9 networks ✅multi-chain ✅web3  (Read 458192 times)
rmd73

Activity: 385
Merit: 252

Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:55:06 AM

Quick update on my synching issue.
I was able to fully sync my wallet. Solution was to wipe out roaming/OKCash and start from the beginning. I downloaded bootstrap file from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/?page_id=365. Deletion of just the peer.dat didn't help! Firewall port setting was also not the solution in my case.
Thanks everyone for your support! Much appreciated.
I'm glad to know it worked out well.
I didn't encounter those issues on my OKcash wallet(s) under Linux, regardless of wallet version, so I assumed something Internet/network related.
Now, after your post, I can think of file and/or file system corruption as a possible cause, being well known that windoze is too eager to push that kind of issues "under the carpet" in order to keep the user happy...

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto-trade.net

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:36:36 PM

We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604225.0
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:53:05 PM

There is a bunch of times I have opened my wallet (on win 7, 10 and my Pi) and found my wallet file has become corrupted, at least I think it is, only copying over a new wallet file seems to fix the error, I have found this to be a consistent problem during power failures of my devices. Is there a way I can stop this from happening or is there a Fix devs can do that will stop this, I have never had this problem with any other coin wallet before dispite having run thus far at least 20-30 wallets of different coins at times over the last 3-4 years... thanks guys.

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
vagos

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 07:29:03 PM

There is a bunch of times I have opened my wallet (on win 7, 10 and my Pi) and found my wallet file has become corrupted, at least I think it is, only copying over a new wallet file seems to fix the error, I have found this to be a consistent problem during power failures of my devices. Is there a way I can stop this from happening or is there a Fix devs can do that will stop this, I have never had this problem with any other coin wallet before dispite having run thus far at least 20-30 wallets of different coins at times over the last 3-4 years... thanks guys.

Happen to me once, I fixed it by just using the installer and reinstall OK, restarted my comp and all was working again. (yes happened during power failure too)

rmd73

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:50:40 PM

Happen to me once, I fixed it by just using the installer and reinstall OK, restarted my comp and all was working again. (yes happened during power failure too)
For windoze: read the nice article at HowToGeek http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/
or
- restart in "Safe mode with command prompt only" and run
Code:
chkdsk /R /F C:
Answer with "Y" (for "Yes") at the prompt of scheduling scan at the next reboot,
- then reboot with
Code:
shutdown -r -t 0

For Linux: read the nice article at MakeTechEasyer https://www.maketecheasier.com/check-repair-filesystem-fsck-linux/
and follow your frontal cortex's lead Wink

It would be best not to get your filesystem(s) corrupted in the first place. That can be achieved by eliminating as many causes of forced restarts and/or shutdowns: power failures, inappropriate user action, "bad" software executed with administrative privileges... and so on.
Another major cause for filesystem corruption is the media itself. Low cost HDDs can cost you more than their price tag if you store significant informations on them and forget to backup... Low cost SSDs might have bugs in controller's firmware and/or much less write cycles than regular or premium models...
Bottom line is: devs can't really do much in that regard if the user doesn't protect it's filesystem(s) properly, they can perform time-consuming checks and/or reindexing, they can force an even more time-consuming sync either from scratch or by a bootstrap (big question of trust here), but that's about all I can think of.
As far as I am concerned, this problem is PEBCAK. Oh, well, we all should use more resilient hardware and filesystems and pay only fractions of cents (if ever), right?

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz
kultus

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:30:57 AM

For windoze: read the nice article at HowToGeek http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/
or
Code:
chkdsk /R /F C:
Answer with "Y" (for "Yes") at the prompt of scheduling scan at the next reboot,
- then reboot with
Code:
shutdown -r -t 0

For Linux: read the nice article at MakeTechEasyer https://www.maketecheasier.com/check-repair-filesystem-fsck-linux/

It would be best not to get your filesystem(s) corrupted in the first place. That can be achieved by eliminating as many causes of forced restarts and/or shutdowns: power failures, inappropriate user action, "bad" software executed with administrative privileges... and so on.
Another major cause for filesystem corruption is the media itself. Low cost HDDs can cost you more than their price tag if you store significant informations on them and forget to backup... Low cost SSDs might have bugs in controller's firmware and/or much less write cycles than regular or premium models...
Bottom line is: devs can't really do much in that regard if the user doesn't protect it's filesystem(s) properly, they can perform time-consuming checks and/or reindexing, they can force an even more time-consuming sync either from scratch or by a bootstrap (big question of trust here), but that's about all I can think of.
As far as I am concerned, this problem is PEBCAK. Oh, well, we all should use more resilient hardware and filesystems and pay only fractions of cents (if ever), right?

Straight up this don't happen with any other coin, so don't blame hardware, just not going to put up with that .... it's the one and only coin I have ever had do it, on top of which it happens on all platforms, again, don't blame hardware. Don't mean to be rude, I am asking for a fix to this, not to have my hardware be blamed for something no other coin has ever had the problem of.... thanks for your input

OKorator

Activity: 492
Merit: 254

OKCash World-wide Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 04:15:40 PM

or
Code:
chkdsk /R /F C:
- then reboot with
Code:
shutdown -r -t 0

Straight up this don't happen with any other coin, so don't blame hardware, just not going to put up with that .... it's the one and only coin I have ever had do it, on top of which it happens on all platforms, again, don't blame hardware. Don't mean to be rude, I am asking for a fix to this, not to have my hardware be blamed for something no other coin has ever had the problem of.... thanks for your input

Sorry to hear, very strange, not sure i've seen this one happen yet before.  We are live most of the time on discord.okcash.co come stop by and we can work through it.

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
rmd73

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:32:29 PM

I don't mean to be rude either. My reaction came after I saw that user galixxx "solved" his problem by "starting over"... and not mentioned the system restarts (a thing that most users "forget" to mention and/or do). Also, my point about windows operating systems being very forgiving with filesystem errors still stands, even in the case of NTFS (which is a very robust filesystem, btw).
User vagos mentioned very clearly he encountered that problem once, after a power failure and he solved it by reinstalling the wallet and the blockchain and restarting the machine.
Your claim that OKcash is the only coin whose wallet gave you grief after the power failures made me check your post history... and, lo' and behold, some pattern emerged...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379236.msg15844688#msg15844688
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028368.msg15450613#msg15450613
Well, I see that your enthusiasm is great, but your patience might be lacking sometimes, as you seem to be prone to "burn through the details". Trust me, the devil we're looking for is in those details... Mounting filesystems is similar in both worlds, windoze and *nix/linux, filesystems errors are treated in similar ways... it's just the user-observable effects that make a difference.
I uphold my previous statement: it is not the OKcash wallet/daemon's fault, it is the filesystem corruption.
Engineering is cool, but it takes a lot of science and patience.

lennylenny

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:22:48 PM

I have been running OKcash wallet for almost 2 years now (before and after rebrand). Never had any corruption problems on windows. I do have UPS, so i have enough time to shutdown my system if i loose electricity. Considering you're holding virtual money in your wallet i would suggest to invest money in UPS protection to protect your virtual money!
kultus

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:48:08 PM

I don't mean to be rude either. My reaction came after I saw that user galixxx "solved" his problem by "starting over"... and not mentioned the system restarts (a thing that most users "forget" to mention and/or do). Also, my point about windows operating systems being very forgiving with filesystem errors still stands, even in the case of NTFS (which is a very robust filesystem, btw).
User vagos mentioned very clearly he encountered that problem once, after a power failure and he solved it by reinstalling the wallet and the blockchain and restarting the machine.
Your claim that OKcash is the only coin whose wallet gave you grief after the power failures made me check your post history... and, lo' and behold, some pattern emerged...
Well, I see that your enthusiasm is great, but your patience might be lacking sometimes, as you seem to be prone to "burn through the details". Trust me, the devil we're looking for is in those details... Mounting filesystems is similar in both worlds, windoze and *nix/linux, filesystems errors are treated in similar ways... it's just the user-observable effects that make a difference.
I uphold my previous statement: it is not the OKcash wallet/daemon's fault, it is the filesystem corruption.

ONLY GOING TO GIVE ME GRIEF IN THIS FKN WAY SMART ASS... Yes I ask politely and get polite answers, answers that make sense well then you deserve my patience, feed me bullshit, talk to me like a kid.. well simply put you can shove it... The fact still remains, OK cash is the only coin to Corrupt the damn wallet file on a fkn power failure .... Dispite a long list of coins  I have invested in and cold stored

Mega coin
Noble Coin
NOXT
EAC ( as you linked above)
Lets see...
Bansky coin
One coin ( the Original with ONE coin we all fought for )
Tesla coin
Rubby Coin
Dogecoin
BTC of course...
These are just to name a few without pulling out my files and looking ... so you can take your smart arse attitude and stick it ... talk all about files systems and how it's not one else's fault, But I cannot agree with such a long list of active coins I hold / and Have held, In a desert town with at some stages weekly power failures (Currently living in a city though mind you and having new hardware too) that it is as  you say, a file system /hardware problem, Why do none of these other coins have a problem ? why ? doesn't make sense to me, not one bit... you want to treat me like an idiot and talk down to me, that is fine too, I'll take my own input and invest myself in people who deserve it. Thanks for the profit ! it's a wild ride !

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:58:52 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 02:05:29 PM by cesmak

Sorry but in the past power failure (to me) corrupted a lot of wallets... and not only the ok wallet, and not only wallets, but the whole hard disk, not only to me but also to my customers, i'm a computer tech... power failure on a computer is always a bad thing and every time you restart it you have to cross your fingers if all goes fine, also with robust filesystems if you have a power down exactly on a writing no journal of transaction can save you.........

What probably others here are willing to say to you, is that having a computer with important data on it, without a UPS is a stupid thing.

Edit : Another thing that came to my mind is that PoS wallets make more disk io during the staking operations( that happens quite cotinuously), that Pow wallets don't do, they only make disk io when a new block comes in. so they are more fragile on this aspect, as the staking processes happens often vs. the non staking wallets proceses.

More litterate wallet experts can be better qualified and confirm my idea....

kultus

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:20:28 PM

Sorry but in the past power failure (to me) corrupted a lot of wallets... and not only the ok wallet, and not only wallets, but the whole hard disk, not only to me but also to my customers, i'm a computer tech... power failure on a computer is always a bad thing and every time you restart it you have to cross your fingers if all goes fine, also with robust filesystems if you have a power down exactly on a writing no journal of transaction can save you.........

What probably others here are willing to say to you, is that having a computer with important data on it, without a UPS is a stupid thing.

Edit : Another thing that came to my mind is that PoS wallets make more disk io during the staking operations( that happens quite cotinuously), that Pow wallets don't do, they only make disk io when a new block comes in. so they are more fragile on this aspect, as the staking processes happens often vs. the non staking wallets proceses.

More litterate wallet experts can be better qualified and confirm my idea....

Thanks Ces, that is information I can work with, but I will add my Noble POS wallet has never done it

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:38:46 PM

I don't know noble wallet, and how much io does, i have DMD, BITB and OK, and on all of that (they are on a win10 pc) i see a quite continuous 0.1% of disk activity for every process, you have to see if noble wallet is less active on io could be that he makes less access, and so is more "secure" on power failures....

Cheers

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:46:32 PM

Wallet question:

Is there not a way to export wallet transactions to a csv file like most other wallets ?
OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 04:50:36 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 05:02:44 PM by OKorator

My current promo ends 9/19 sometime later in the day.. I'll make a final post, after that it won't count.  IF you don't know what i'm talking about, you are missing out on free okcash.

Promo has ended, please contact me on okcash forum, here or discord to claim bounty Smiley

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

rmd73

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:40:09 PM

ONLY GOING TO GIVE ME GRIEF IN THIS FKN WAY SMART ASS... Yes I ask politely and get polite answers, answers that make sense well then you deserve my patience, feed me bullshit, talk to me like a kid.. well simply put you can shove it... The fact still remains, OK cash is the only coin to Corrupt the damn wallet file on a fkn power failure .... Dispite a long list of coins  I have invested in and cold stored

Mega coin
Noble Coin
NOXT
EAC ( as you linked above)
Lets see...
Bansky coin
One coin ( the Original with ONE coin we all fought for )
Tesla coin
Rubby Coin
Dogecoin
BTC of course...
These are just to name a few without pulling out my files and looking ... so you can take your smart arse attitude and stick it ... talk all about files systems and how it's not one else's fault, But I cannot agree with such a long list of active coins I hold / and Have held, In a desert town with at some stages weekly power failures (Currently living in a city though mind you and having new hardware too) that it is as  you say, a file system /hardware problem, Why do none of these other coins have a problem ? why ? doesn't make sense to me, not one bit... you want to treat me like an idiot and talk down to me, that is fine too, I'll take my own input and invest myself in people who deserve it. Thanks for the profit ! it's a wild ride !

First: I didn't intend to "give you grief" and thank you for the compliment.
Second: My dad has a PhD in a "hard-science" and a lot of industrial and research electronics experience and I still have to explain some IT&C to him in much simpler and detailed terms and comparisons than I used in this thread. It might be a flaw in my manners too. Don't take it too personal, 'cause it is not.
Third: "The fact still remains" that configurations and circumstances can vary wildly and a proper diagnostic of a perceived software flaw requires much more information than you (and many other users) gave, hence the "fireman" approach taken almost all over this thread: save wallet, reinstall from scratch, use bootstrap, reboot. As an example case: a x64 PC with 16 GB RAM DDR 3 and an average mechanical HDD of 1TB capacity and 16MB cache running Windows 7/8.x is very prone to filesystem corruption in case of a power failure, but it will "hide" that from user until the next reboot, when the message prompting the user to cancel the disk check might go unnoticed (the user is having a happy time with a beer/spouse/kid etc.) and the system seems to take ages to boot (but it eventually boots fine and works fine if it is allowed to correct the detected issues) or, even worse, the user cancels the disk check and the errors keep piling up until everything works so awful that the user decides to buy another machine.
Fourth: Cold storage is not affected by power failures, so mentioning a lot of alt-coins cold stored in that context is irrelevant.
Fifth (and final): I'm not treating anyone like an idiot because I hope I am not one. Chill.

rmd73

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:27:26 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 06:38:46 PM by rmd73

Wallet question:

Is there not a way to export wallet transactions to a csv file like most other wallets ?
As far as I know:
In debug window (a kind of terminal for issuing commands to your wallet app):
Code:
listtransactions [account] [count=10] [from=0] [show_coinstake=1]
where:
- [account] - this is basically the name you gave to an address, enclosed in double quotes but it is said to be deprecated and its use is discouraged;
- [count=10] - default number of transactions to list (you can specify a value a bit larger than the number of transactions you estimate for your wallet and increase it if needed), enclosed in double quotes;
- [from=0] - I am not sure about that, I got JSON error every time I tried to use it;
- [show_coinstake=1] - I am not sure about that, but my logic says that it includes staking rewards.
Example:
Code:
listtransactions "1st green OK" "10000" "0" "1"
You will obtain a list in JSON format. Feed that to a JSON to CSV converter (on line: http://www.convertcsv.com/json-to-csv.htm or https://konklone.io/json/ , or you can use python - https://www.npmjs.com/package/json2csv ).
The "blocktime", "time" and "timereceived" ar in UNIX Epoch format (search for a converter for that too).

OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 08:58:30 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 10:14:41 PM by OKorator

Its pretty much all over my head  Roll Eyes

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:04:22 PM

http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,1886.0.html
https://twitter.com/OKCashCrypto/status/779063393571471360

OK Bounties
(OKCash Map, OK Iphone APP, OK Android APP)

1)  OKCash Map: Bounty 50,000 OKCash
Map that shows where OKCash is accepted and where people sell OKCash. (markets, services, etc)

2) OKCash Iphone APP: Bounty 40,000 OKCash
OK Wallet for Iphone.

3) OKCash Android App: Bounty 40,000 OKCash
OK Wallet for Android.

Contact CGB or any of the team leaders over http://discord.me/cryptocurrency

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:24:14 PM

http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,1887.0.html
https://twitter.com/OKCashCrypto/status/779790756634558464

Bitcoin, Okcash and Dogecoin Tipbots added to the community server http://discord.me/cryptocurrency

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: