Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345712 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:33:18 AM

I hear you, americanpegasus!  Bitcoin is another important component asset to own "Financial Asset Diversification 101" shows us.  F.A.D. also teaches us not to put all of our eggs into one basket, not even the Bitcoin one.

Yes, I have done business with BTC, just check out Veldt Gold's thread here.

Bitcoin and gold complement each other wonderfully.

Bearings count as diversification too, for those so inclined.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:41:29 AM

I hear you, americanpegasus!  Bitcoin is another important component asset to own "Financial Asset Diversification 101" shows us.  F.A.D. also teaches us not to put all of our eggs into one basket, not even the Bitcoin one.

Right, but the problem is that bitcoin is not anonymous at all. 

Shocked

And gold, while a historic fortress against bad currency and corrupt governments also faces problems in the digital age.  I have to postulate that in the post-Internet age that the future reserve financial asset of the world will not be a shiny rock, no matter how great of a store of value it makes. 

So that means that one of the new privacy based cryptocurrencies to rise in recent years makes a compelling candidate for becoming the global "private" ledger.  I have placed my bets on Monero for many reasons, though some disagree.  That doesn't stop me from being an ardent supporter though.  Wink

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:44:45 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 03:32:45 AM by generalizethis

Police love Bitcoin and that should tell you everything you need to know.

coincenter.org/2015/05/how-can-law-enforcement-leverage-the-blockchain-in-investigations/

What are the most effective ways to break control systems? Ghandi and MLK had a handbook, where is ours? Private money and private internet are BIG solutions, but without political action, they may lack the users to make them effective.

username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:38:05 AM

What are the most effective ways to break control systems? Ghandi and MLK had a handbook, where is ours? Private money and private internet are BIG solutions, but without political action, they may lack the users to make them effective.

Im all for privacy and anonymity, but there's always a downside. Who would pay for the welfare for the people that really need it (because some do really need it). If nothing is public anymore, how in hell would that be deal with? I don't see it would work in a 100% anonymous individual society.

G.E. coins are “spent” into existence in input-less transactions. Accordingly, civil society can (at least, in part) dictate monetary policy.

Code:
sendfreetransactions=1
Code:
sendtoaddress [address] [balance + amount]

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:47:35 AM

Im all for privacy and anonymity, but there's always a downside. Who would pay for the welfare for the people that really need it (because some do really need it). If nothing is public anymore, how in hell would that be deal with? I don't see it would work in a 100% anonymous individual society.

G.E. coins are “spent” into existence in input-less transactions. Accordingly, civil society can (at least, in part) dictate monetary policy.

Code:
sendfreetransactions=1
Code:
sendtoaddress [address] [balance + amount]

I was not asking about the money aspect (monero handles this) or the internet aspect (TPTB and I2p are working on this), I'm asking about the political handbook, the plan, the way people get involved, excited, empowered to fight off the shackles of control systems....

It's a question, not shill-bait.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:23:38 AM

americanpegasus

Complete financial privacy solutions are very difficult to achieve.  With Bitcoin (and as someone who does not program -- a beginner!), I mix mine after I get them for "better" privacy.  That throws off the casual blockchain browsing scum looking to steal BTC or information.  I am NOT under any illusions that BTC will be anonymous vs. a .gov attack or investigation.  My main reason for experimenting with BTC is just that: experimenting.  To see how it works, and what amount might be right for me.

generalizethis

Alas, I am OUT of the political influence game, even at the very low levels I was before.  I am weary, let the young and/or active take that up.

And, of course, I much admire TPTB_needs_war and his efforts to find freedom through financial privacy.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:28:01 AM

I was not asking about the money aspect (monero handles this) or the internet aspect (TPTB and I2p are working on this), I'm asking about the political handbook, the plan, the way people get involved, excited, empowered to fight off the shackles of control systems....

It's a question, not shill-bait.

Great Empire Coin™ (GEC) is the official currency of Great Empire of Earth, is divisible into cents and mills, and has denominations of mega-, terra-, and exacoins. Earth has a heterarchical monetary authority: anyone may “mint” coins through an official channel (e.g., Writcoin) and have these coins certified “Great Empire Coin (GEC)” by the Empire.

(The) United States of America < (The) Trans-Pacific Partnership < Great Empire of Earth < Administrator of Region 12-56-G

Quote from: Luke 12:56 (Darby)
Hypocrites, ye know how to judge of the appearance of the earth and of the heaven; how [is it then that] ye do not discern this time?
(All additions original to Darby text.)

Again, not asking about currency. Asking if there are any political theorist or strategist who have a plan on how to defeat control systems?

The fact that I believe a coin (not yours, sorry) handles this aspect of the equation isn't shilling, it's being honest and is insulting your coin as I don't think it is part of the solution--you brought up the currency, so you deserve the insult. Now, bringing up a coin when no one was even talking about currency is shilling. I've been patient with you, but your cognitive dissonance in an effort to fit your agenda is annoying--enjoy your time being ignored.

Police love Bitcoin and that should tell you everything you need to know.

coincenter.org/2015/05/how-can-law-enforcement-leverage-the-blockchain-in-investigations/

username18333

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:31:03 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 04:55:44 AM by username18333

Again, not asking about currency. Asking if there are any political theorist or strategist who have a plan on how to defeat control systems?

(The) United States of America < (The) Trans-Pacific Partnership < Great Empire of Earth < Administrator of Region 56-12-G
(Hyperlink modified.)

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
username18333

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:46:40 AM

Alas, I am OUT of the political influence game, even at the very low levels I was before.  I am weary, let the young and/or active take that up.

And, of course, I much admire TPTB_needs_war and his efforts to find freedom through financial privacy.

Quote from: Merriam-Webster link=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy
democracy
1  b :  a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
Quote from: Merriam-Webster link=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plutocracy
plutocracy
1  :  government by the wealthy

You write as if plutocracy were republican democracy.

minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:53:57 PM

"What you apparently did not enter into your analysis is that in F.U.B.A.R. mad max collapse, if you attempt to spend gold, you become a target for marauding gangs and also in any government haven a target for expropriation by the government."

let me read your palm ... you are fortunate to have made it into a totally collapsed world ...

I see you opening your door. The local "community worker" is there, and he asks for "your  donation"
to this weeks worthy cause - the junior section of the militia is upgrading to fully automatic weapons -
and he expects a brown envelope.

In 1000 words or less, write out how you will explain to him that you only have barley, wheat and
dried goods, and persuade him to either take those or to get the militia to restore your electricity
so you can transfer some cryptocurrency to them. Welcome to the new world. 

;-)

@generalisethis - Things are going to go from bad to worse, as in Greece. The cause is excessive
fiat debt, caused by Central Bank policies. Bitcoin is the best remedy available, but once
economies ditch monopoly currency creation, allow zombie banks to fail (they are really only
Unions for the rich) then investment can get directed to sectors likely to grow or at least
collapse less quickly. At that point, as Hayek pointed out, there is no justification for Central
Banks, and as a consequence, centralised controls become inefficient and fail.   
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:19:54 PM

An interesting topic on another piece of Economic Totalitarianism can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1137880.msg12003374#msg12003374

Discusses privacy of Bitcoin...  An important topic!

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:12:34 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 12:36:47 AM by TPTB_need_war

Yes, it is interesting how so many of the young could care less about gold.

I owned 18,000 troy oz of silver in 2008. I was buying Comex bars below $9 and minting them into silver rounds during the shortage of rounds on that price drop. I loved the feel of the gold and even silver coins in my hand. Heck I was exporting silver rounds and 90% silver dimes&quarters to rpietilla in Finland for his silver investing initiatives. This isn't an issue of myself being too young to admire tangible value. Rather this is an issue of myself being too smart to think retarded thoughts.

this makes sense to me; if governments begin failing (possible precursor to full scale collapse) then gold will regain its lustre, at least for the 'old money' / un-crypto-infected generation duri g such a transition.

What you fail to factor into your analysis is that tinfoil hats don't make a market of commerce. They can all buy for a store-of-value, but who do they sell to? Ultimately they are relying on society to demand gold and silver for something. But therein lies the problem. Society will not demand them as money rather only the few sparsely geodistributed tinfoil hats who are always buyers and never sellers (except when they sell out of desperation for cash flow at the bottom and/or get expropriated by coming high taxes and Civil Asset Forfeiture on money laundered asset classes), other than for limited demand as jewelry and some limited industrial and electronic applications. But remember the global economy will be be imploding, so aggregate demand for everything will be declining. Saving up industrial metal right before a global collapse in demand, means the only buyers of the future are the tinfoil hats themselves. Not smart.

What you apparently did not enter into your analysis is that in F.U.B.A.R. mad max collapse, if you attempt to spend gold, you become a target for marauding gangs and also in any government haven a target for expropriation by the government.

let me read your palm ... you are fortunate to have made it into a totally collapsed world ...

I see you opening your door. The local "community worker" is there, and he asks for "your  donation"
to this weeks worthy cause - the junior section of the militia is upgrading to fully automatic weapons -
and he expects a brown envelope.

In 1000 words or less, write out how you will explain to him that you only have barley, wheat and
dried goods, and persuade him to either take those or to get the militia to restore your electricity
so you can transfer some cryptocurrency to them. Welcome to the new world.  

...as in Greece...Bitcoin is the best remedy available...

Your thoughts are based in fantasy.

If we humans were that organized, there wouldn't be any crisis in the first place. It is precisely that we are all dependent on the debt-based economy and there is no way for us to collectively cross the chasm of defaults socially and remain cohesive is how the bastards have managed to enslave us. That is why Bitcoin is no viable solution for Greece because Greece is a large economy that depends on external and tourism trade and any move to BTC would cause Greece to be cut off from the world by the axis powers and probably also the axis powers would fund internal internecine chaos, deprivation, and starvation.

Thus your error is there won't be an organized resistance with sufficient community protection. The first thing Hellary Slimeton will decree in a martial law collapse is pummel the self-reliant communities and militias in the USA. If necessary they can poison them from the air with toxins.

Also what you are failing to grasp is that there are very few self-reliant people remaining on this planet. When the crisis envelopes, the gangs will take over the lawless areas and turn them into mad max. Most people will move to government protected areas and follow what they are told to do, so they can be fed and sheltered.

It can also transpire in a less mad max form. The government can slowly ratchet up expropriation laws and regulations, and the self-reliants ones are divided-and-conquered as they are slowly whittled down as those amongst them that capitulate to the government (e.g. are bankrupted, lose their land to the BLM, EPA, etc). This will be capitulation by 1000 paper cuts. Imagine a herd of animals, and the hunting animal picks off the weakest from the herd first. In this way, TPTB will whittle down the resistance movement to those few diehards, then they can assassinate those last few remaining, isolated nutcases. They already own the minds of our children with social media, smartphones, and the "education" system. I think this is the more likely and preferred scenario of TPTB. They are only preparing for the mad max scenario if they are forced to it.

For example, what happened to Bundy Ranch? Everyone has forgotten by now. Eventually the Feds will whittle down that resistance and take him down.

To put this into reality for you, imagine a small Pacific Island that has to import nearly everything. How the hell is it supposed to survive using an illegal money and depending on ships coming from and across jurisdictions regulated by TPTB. The resistance movement is an analogous island. They don't even have allodial title sovereignty over the land which they stand on.

There is no realistic way to successfully resist out in the open in the tangible economy. Our only hope is the virtualized, Knowledge Age economy where we can be entirely anonymous so our organization is impenetrable, unassailable, and thus inalienable. Who me? No, I am just a simpleton who survives raising small farm animals and a garden. Or, oh yes I am the programmer of that new software X. Did you buy it too? No I never worked on any anonymous shit. I am not crazy enough to get myself in trouble doing something as insane as that.

You all do realize I was just thumping my oversized ego when I said I was working on anonymity technology.  Tongue There is nothing really there.  Embarrassed

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:41:27 PM

An interesting topic on another piece of Economic Totalitarianism can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1137880.msg12003374#msg12003374

Discusses privacy of Bitcoin...  An important topic!

Theoretically the best mixing technology that exists for Bitcoin is CoinShuffle. It has some issues which will inhibit it from scaling, yet it can be decentralized, its anonymity set is known (to the extent the adversary isn't in the set), and to some extent it can probably dissuade most of the DoS that threatens naive CoinJoin (but not entirely and my original criticism against CoinJoin remains valid) and do so without requiring a master server as DarkCoin does or did (I am not following the changes to DarkCoin and its name change to Dash).

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:50:51 PM

TPTB

18,000 oz of silver?  Shi'ite!  That beats the most of the guy I know who has the most (a mere 5000 oz).  Hard to actually MOVE that much though, my only real complaint re silver.  Nice timing too!

After you are done programming the, well you know, maybe you should WTFB! *

* Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Hiding Your Bitcoin, but Were Afraid to Ask
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:41:12 AM

For example, what happened to Bundy Ranch? Everyone has forgotten by now. Eventually the Feds will whittle down that resistance and take him down.

http://bundyranch.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-federal-agents-have-stollen-nearly.html

http://thethinkering.com/articles/2013/06/02/what-bush-familys-interest-paraguay

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/oct/23/mainsection.tomphillips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff#Events_following_April_2014_cattle_gather

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:05:16 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 01:59:25 AM by TPTB_need_war

That anonynous currency already exists my friend.

All existing anonymity technologies are incomplete and insufficient.

I have placed my bets on Monero for many reasons, though some disagree.

I emphatically disagree both on technical reasons and also it having no natural commerce function. Cryptonote advanced the state-of-the-art, but it is incomplete. Monero will be unable to hard fork the necessary technological advances because such advances will be too radically different from the inertia that exists.

There must be a popular and natural commerce function that exceeds the size of the existing Industrial Age global GDP.

I am envisioning a Knowledge Age economy that is orders-of-magnitude larger in value than the current global GDP.

To tap into this and get it rolling is mostly technological work that needs to be done. And yet Bitcoin $millionaires who could have funded this work when they had millions, were instead smoking cigars and having (probably relatively useless) meetings at $million castles or expending the money on expensive toys such as Ferraris. They don't seem to understand the sacrifices they needed to make in 2014 to adopt anonymity procedures and get things done. It is no excuse to say that one doesn't understand technology or doesn't have time. A $millionaire can afford the necessary help to make important things happen. God entrusted this capital (talents) with them for a purpose, and not to be lazy about it or make excuses which do not make sense. We must maximize our talents on what is needed. If you do not understand the technology, then pay someone who does to advise you.

And now it is getting into the late innings of the coming smashup into the NWO 666 system.

I see these HODLers myopically "self-interested" with their capital being totally and completely wasted sitting idle in Monero, Bitcoin, and gold waiting for what you think is the big payoff, instead of putting (at least some of) their capital to work actually creating the technologies that are desperately needed but which do not yet exist.

You think I am insane enough to attempt to do all that work all by myself whilst everyone here pontificates and wastes precious time. Sheesh.  Angry

We are the antithesis of organized.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:46:14 AM

Either don't buy a new car, or find a hacker who can disable wireless communications capabilities of the car.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 03:59:58 AM

There must be a popular and natural commerce function that exceeds the size of the existing Industrial Age global GDP.

I am envisioning a Knowledge Age economy that is orders-of-magnitude larger in value than the current global GDP.

To tap into this and get it rolling is mostly technological work that needs to be done. And yet Bitcoin $millionaires who could have funded this work when they had millions, were instead smoking cigars and having (probably relatively useless) meetings at $million castles or expending the money on expensive toys such as Ferraris. They don't seem to understand the sacrifices they needed to make in 2014 to adopt anonymity procedures and get things done. It is no excuse to say that one doesn't understand technology or doesn't have time. A $millionaire can afford the necessary help to make important things happen. God entrusted this capital (talents) with them for a purpose, and not to be lazy about it or make excuses which do not make sense. We must maximize our talents on what is needed. If you do not understand the technology, then pay someone who does to advise you.

And now it is getting into the late innings of the coming smashup into the NWO 666 system.

I see these HODLers myopically "self-interested" with their capital being totally and completely wasted sitting idle in Monero, Bitcoin, and gold waiting for what you think is the big payoff, instead of putting (at least some of) their capital to work actually creating the technologies that are desperately needed but which do not yet exist.

You think I am insane enough to attempt to do all that work all by myself whilst everyone here pontificates and wastes precious time. Sheesh.  Angry

We are the antithesis of organized.

But isn't part of this process convincing millionaires that it is in their best interest to fund development of privacy in cryptocurrency and the web? Also, if the Bitcoin millionaires are motivated by greed, then shouldn't the technologies created make privacy profitable and given how privacy makes networks more secure to use, doesn't it follow that eliminating security costs is in most everyone's interest. Furthermore, convincing the masses that privacy is liberty and security would go a long way to motivating millionaires to spend money on privacy initiatives.

The convincing is political and takes the politically minded. Though i don't want to insult him or her with the word politician; Ghandi and MLK were doing political work, but no one could demean their efforts with the politician label. So I'm going to ask one more time: "Does anyone know of any writers, strategists, or theorists who have worked out or are working on a plan to convince people (a political plan) that privacy is a necessary part of our lives and brings with it more benefits than costs? "

I know your trying TPTB, but using guilt and religion would make me want to go the other way if I didn't know you better. Your gift is the actual building and analysis of these systems.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:34:10 AM

https://twitter.com/dragosr/status/573544253151780864

Quote from: dragosr
Quebec man charged for not giving phone PIN at border search http://goo.gl/FOV6C7  Duress passwords, device wipers, should be a thing

By "duress password", he means a password that gives access but hides everything you didn't want to give access to. It is a diversionary password that hopefully satisfies the request of the gestapo.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:38:17 AM

But isn't part of this process convincing...

I know your trying TPTB, but...your gift is the actual building and analysis of these systems.

This is the Knowledge Age:

"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds

Convincing is for politicians which are deprecated in the Knowledge Age.

Millionaires who don't, won't be millionaires for much longer...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: