Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:10:58 PM

You contradict yourself. According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), whatever you believe in is a religion for you. Nobody, not even you, can walk around without having any beliefs whatsoever.

A sane person will believe in things that seem logical. It is not logical to believe that science theory is fact when it is acknowledged by scientists to not be know to be fact. Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Cool

Wrong.
Science is not a religion. You say that theories are acknowledged by scientists to not be facts?
Well that's the very difference between theories and theorems... But only few theories remain. Most science aspects have been proven right now.

Could you give an example of a scientific theory that is not proven? Cause the only ones I see are... Well no scientist "believe in them" they just find those theories interesting and we think it MIGHT be the answer but that's all.
I agree, it would be wrong to call a science a religion. Because they do not deal with things that can not be proven. There were theories that was proven wrong, but in science things are always like that... right or wrong. In religion everything is based on belief, and that people cant prove to be right, because people believe in many things. Maybe atheists are a bit more on scientist side than on religion, and that is why they need proof for religions teachings.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:53:30 PM

Wrong.
Science is not a religion. You say that theories are acknowledged by scientists to not be facts?
Well that's the very difference between theories and theorems... But only few theories remain. Most science aspects have been proven right now.

Could you give an example of a scientific theory that is not proven? Cause the only ones I see are... Well no scientist "believe in them" they just find those theories interesting and we think it MIGHT be the answer but that's all.

I agree with you that science is not religion. So you are wrong with your "wrong," because I didn't say that science is religion.

Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Looks like you didn't say that the first time.

If science theories had been proven, they would be science laws. The fact that they remain theories shows that they have not been proven.
Most of them are laws yeah... Do you have an example of what is called a theory and not a law?

People who believe unproven things to be fact, have religion going for themselves. Science theories are not religion. Only the people who believe that they are factual when it is not known, are the people who have a religion going for themselves in the science theories.

Cool

Nobody says that...
I don't understand what you're saying...
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

Wrong.

I agree with you that science is not religion. So you are wrong with your "wrong," because I didn't say that science is religion.

If science theories had been proven, they would be science laws. The fact that they remain theories shows that they have not been proven.
Most of them are laws yeah... Do you have an example of what is called a theory and not a law?

People who believe unproven things to be fact, have religion going for themselves. Science theories are not religion. Only the people who believe that they are factual when it is not known, are the people who have a religion going for themselves in the science theories.

Cool

Nobody says that...

I had been accused of saying that science is religion. I was using the statement Science theories are not religion to show that I understand that not even science theory is religion.

Look at it this way. Imagine that a sculptor makes a little statue. He carves it out of stone, or maybe even wood. It is a nice little statue. Is it religion? Of course not.

If people start to worship the little statue, they have a religion regarding the little statue. The statue itself is not religion. Yet, the worshipers have a religion regarding the statue.

In a similar way, science and science theory are not religion. But if people "worship" science theory by calling it truth when it is not known to be truth, they are starting into their own religion regarding the science theory involved. And their religion is exceptionally religious if they KNOW that the theory has not been proven to be fact, but they treat it as fact anyway.

Big bang, relativity, evolution, and black hole theories are not known to be factual. They are not laws.

Big bang is not known to be something that could exist. But if it were know to be possible, it still would not be known to have been the way the universe came about.

Relativity still has strong opposition in other things. It is not known to be fact.

Evolution should have been dropped as theory long ago. The whole thing is just stories, most of which do not fit what has happened. But if the stories fit, there are other things that fit as well, making evolution something that should not even be considered theory.

Black holes exist. Black hole theory tries to explain them. So far, nobody knows if the theory fits what is actually happening in a black hole. Black holes are fact. Black hole theory is not known to be fact.

People who know that theories are not necessarily factual, but believe them to be factual, must be betting in the lottery a lot. For them, science theory is like a religion. If they are adamant "believers," the theories are a religion for them.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:03:51 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

I had been accused of saying that science is religion. I was using the statement Science theories are not religion to show that I understand that not even science theory is religion.

Look at it this way. Imagine that a sculptor makes a little statue. He carves it out of stone, or maybe even wood. It is a nice little statue. Is it religion? Of course not.

If people start to worship the little statue, they have a religion regarding the little statue. The statue itself is not religion. Yet, the worshipers have a religion regarding the statue.

In a similar way, science and science theory are not religion. But if people "worship" science theory by calling it truth when it is not known to be truth, they are starting into their own religion regarding the science theory involved. And their religion is exceptionally religious if they KNOW that the theory has not been proven to be fact, but they treat it as fact anyway.

Big bang, relativity, evolution, and black hole theories are not known to be factual. They are not laws.

Big bang is not known to be something that could exist. But if it were know to be possible, it still would not be known to have been the way the universe came about.

Relativity still has strong opposition in other things. It is not known to be fact.

Evolution should have been dropped as theory long ago. The whole thing is just stories, most of which do not fit what has happened. But if the stories fit, there are other things that fit as well, making evolution something that should not even be considered theory.

Black holes exist. Black hole theory tries to explain them. So far, nobody knows if the theory fits what is actually happening in a black hole. Black holes are fact. Black hole theory is not known to be fact.

People who know that theories are not necessarily factual, but believe them to be factual, must be betting in the lottery a lot. For them, science theory is like a religion. If they are adamant "believers," the theories are a religion for them.

Cool

Holy extra big bundle of bollocks Batman!!
Gonna need an extra large bottle of chunky badecker blue cheese drivel dressing
to drizzle all over that gigantic tossed word salad....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:09:44 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool

That's okay. Your religion is a good thing for you. Thanks for expressing it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:07:49 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool

Cool

just to clarify.. and I'll say it reeeeeal slow....
I   don't    have     a      phucking               stupid          religion       ...got it?

you retarded delusional willfully ignorant arrogant godswill-evangelizing full of bollocks pious preaching  evolution science denying jerk.
but i still love ya dude!!
how's that for expressing my non-religion?

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:24:12 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool

Cool

just to clarify.. and I'll say it reeeeeal slow....
I   don't    have     a      phucking               stupid          religion       ...got it?

you retarded delusional willfully ignorant arrogant godswill-evangelizing full of bollocks pious preaching  evolution science denying jerk.
but i still love ya dude!!
how's that for expressing my non-religion?

Just to clarify, and I'll say it real slow,
you   aren't   an   atheist.

Atheists believe that God doesn't exist. You know that He might exist somewhere that you haven't examined, yet. So you don't believe that He doesn't exist.

Cool

kirch

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:13:16 AM

All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:09:08 AM

^^^^^ That's an interesting religion you have there.    Cool

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:51:45 AM

^^^^^ That's an interesting religion you have there.    Cool

Yeah, there are alot of misinformed folk out there.

As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis, who in orwellian fashion deified state and nation in misguided belief, they can alter and bend natural order to their whims and wishes.

Then there are others, who call themselves "atheist", yet they do belive in God. And hate Him for some assumed injustice. Thats not atheism, thats cry of sheltered child, that just realized parents cannnot pander to it all the time. They refuse to understand, that they were gifted with free will precisely for the reason, that they themselves will be held accountable for the way they chose to lead their limited life.
GG_monster

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:23:13 AM

All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.

Many people understand this and renounce religions, because they are not needed in the modern world and soon the time will come when all religions will disappear.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:40:28 AM

Many people understand this and renounce religions, because they are not needed in the modern world and soon the time will come when all religions will disappear.

You are not very literate, are you? Numbers say the exact opposite of your feelings. The west is in the process of desecularization and the rest of the world never abandoned moral compass provided by Faith.

It is completely logical aswell. As one thing agnostics fear is commitment. Commitment to family, to a nation, to a Faith.

Nature doesnt reward fear of commitment.

Keep in mind, that only about half of "unaffs" are non-religious. The rest are simply in transition period.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

You contradict yourself. According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), whatever you believe in is a religion for you. Nobody, not even you, can walk around without having any beliefs whatsoever.

A sane person will believe in things that seem logical. It is not logical to believe that science theory is fact when it is acknowledged by scientists to not be know to be fact. Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Cool

Wrong.

Where are those scientists right now? Lol they are all dead  turns into ash. Scientific Theory that are not proven? Lol a lot example human evolution is from the fish seriously? You are talking about theory and theorem yet it seems that you dont understand its meaning
Deluzi

Activity: 73
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:24:06 AM

My opinion, because we all are asleep! when you are thinking of God it's like waking up from your sleep, and some people just can't handle being waked up, so they are angry about God, why doesn't he leave them to sleep.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:40:52 AM

I don't think that they "hate" Religion but rather correcting the religious one.
because for example, "some" of the Christians always called atheist as an evil entity, evil-possessed human and satanist(etc).
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:16:00 PM

As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis...

That's so stupid

First, Hitler was a Catholic... he believed in god... read his book, Mein Kampf... listen to his speeches... he claims religious authority... Hitler was definitely christian

Even if Hitler was an atheist... the German people were christians... the nazi's were christians... German christians murdered the jews

The people who actually did the murdering in Germany (Hitler never killed anyone), were christian!

Besides, everyone knows Christians are the biggest war-mongers on the planet... why do you think America is the biggest threat to world peace?

Have you heard of the "Dark Ages", "The Crusades", "The Witch Hunts", et al?  Christians/Jews are horrible murderers who have been waging a war against everyone for 4000+ years (The murders of millions of people are well documented in the bible... Jews murdered the inhabitants of more than 60 cities in a single chapter of the bible)
Kulang

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:55:21 PM

As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis...

That's so stupid

First, Hitler was a Catholic... he believed in god... read his book, Mein Kampf... listen to his speeches... he claims religious authority... Hitler was definitely christian

Even if Hitler was an atheist... the German people were christians... the nazi's were christians... German christians murdered the jews

The people who actually did the murdering in Germany (Hitler never killed anyone), were christian!

Besides, everyone knows Christians are the biggest war-mongers on the planet... why do you think America is the biggest threat to world peace?

Have you heard of the "Dark Ages", "The Crusades", "The Witch Hunts", et al?  Christians/Jews are horrible murderers who have been waging a war against everyone for 4000+ years (The murders of millions of people are well documented in the bible... Jews murdered the inhabitants of more than 60 cities in a single chapter of the bible)
I am afraid that Religion has been a factor why many people were killed before and why people kill. I mean, if you really believe in God or whoever your God is, I think God didn't order us to kill someone just to go straight in to heaven and have eternal peace. We must be kind and compassionate towards other people and have strong faith if we really want to go to heaven.
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:26:24 PM

Looks like kali yuga lol

Patsakkyy

Activity: 154

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:04:28 PM

It seems to me that what someone believes in the absence of God or in the wrong religion, then this is also a kind of Faith. So I consider atheists to be very huge rivals of any religion.

evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:16:09 AM

Well people have different kinds of perception and interpretation about their feelings, we do not have the right to judge or to force our ideas to someone else. Maybe those people had their own explaination on how did they end up being an atheist just like the OP and the others saying. Maybe also it is from their own experiences in life that made them what they are today.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: