Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 01:36:01 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

atheists hate religion because it looks like a threat for their life for them, or because they would like to have something better

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:09:34 AM

Who proved the multi dimensional spaghetti god doesn't exist?

No one, unless there were spaghetti angels that would tell you. You have a since of humor btw

But if we are going to analyze it. Spaghetti were made out of something(milled wheat and water). By that said somebody or there is a being who created the spaghetti. Now if we can relate it to the issue of god's existence and the issue of life's essence is it just a common sense to think that there is a being who created everything makes sense?

If you were talking about the flying spaghetti monster gospel that i cannot answer tho

'' Now if we can relate it to the issue of god's existence and the issue of life's essence is it just a common sense to think that there is a being who created everything makes sense?'' Not necessarily common sense but it's definitely not crazy to think some being could have created us. I personally never rejected that possibility, however, why does it have to be your particular god and not the others? Why any god at all? Why not super intelligent aliens, etc etc.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
cassidyyy

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:59:53 AM

I don't think they hate it they just don't believe in it
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 11:08:04 AM

'' Why any god at all? Why not super intelligent aliens, etc etc.

I think Astargath, if we are to say this world was created by super intelligent aliens, it begs the question, "where do these super intelligent aliens come from?"

the word "God" is given as a term to mean "the First Cause/Creator" who is eternal and has always existed

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:08:13 PM

I think Astargath, if we are to say this world was created by super intelligent aliens, it begs the question, "where do these super intelligent aliens come from?"

the word "God" is given as a term to mean "the First Cause/Creator" who is eternal and has always existed

In another thread I tried to show Astargath the idea that God is outside of the universe... had to be to make it in the first place... although He may be within and without, now. Our whole thinking is universe oriented. We can't understand what outside-the-universe is like at all. We can't think in those parameters because of how "alien" outside is to us. All that outside is to us is one thing... outside. God is one.

My thoughts on eternity are, that when we go to Heaven for eternity, we are simply being placed into a position of learning God, fully. Because of how great and different God is, it will literally take eternity for us to learn all of Him... even if He is with us to teach us.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Astargath

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

Yes the word ''god'' has that definition, which is an invented definition, just like an unicorn. God begs the question just as much as super intelligent aliens. Where does he come from? Then religious people invent some more and say, oh he was always there, as if they knew that, of course they don't.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 12:58:23 AM

Astargath

You are right, the word "God" begs the question just as much as super intelligent aliens, people invent this word to represent the concept of First Creator. Other languages use a different word for the same concept.

Whether they know God or not is a matter of experience. For people who have experienced God, they know God exists. For people who have never experienced God, they don't believe the testimonies of people who have.

This is my understanding.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:15:56 AM

'' Now if we can relate it to the issue of god's existence and the issue of life's essence is it just a common sense to think that there is a being who created everything makes sense?'' Not necessarily common sense but it's definitely not crazy to think some being could have created us. I personally never rejected that possibility, however, why does it have to be your particular god and not the others? Why any god at all? Why not super intelligent aliens, etc etc.

Well, even I am a Christian, I don't agree to everything that our priests says.

I am now talking about the god that Einstein believes in

pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza. Which actually makes since.

Sources : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinozism
                 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein

Tho, since I am a Christian i consider this god as the god i believes in
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein

If you lean towards pantheism I recommend taking a look at panentheism. It's fundamentally distinct from the pantheism of Spinoza.

Panentheism maintains an ontological distinction between the divine and the non-divine. The following explains the difference between the two perspectives.

Christianity and Panentheism
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xki03G_TO4&list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TXLlFRLu7mffDdfpUWo6Vl5&index=11

Astargath

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:44:29 AM

I don't care what Einstein believed in. To a certain degree we all believe in all of sorts of ideas even though we can't prove them. They are just ideas, though, can't be proven, at least not now, you have to live in the real world, you can't live your life based on ideas.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:54:52 PM

I don't care what Einstein believed in. To a certain degree we all believe in all of sorts of ideas even though we can't prove them. They are just ideas, though, can't be proven, at least not now, you have to live in the real world, you can't live your life based on ideas.

While there are all kinds of things that CAN'T be proven, there are some that can be, and there are some that leave one with a sense of pain even though proving them is not particularly easy.

The Bible and Christianity makes sense.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 04:02:59 PM

While there are all kinds of things that CAN'T be proven, there are some that can be, and there are some that leave one with a sense of pain even though proving them is not particularly easy.

Cool

Irreducibly complex

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:25:45 PM

Cool

Irreducibly complex

People are complex beings. The universe is more complex (except that the soul might be more complex than the universe). Is God complex? Or just different?

Simply:
- This universe will be destroyed someday, and...
- the destruction will destroy the souls along with it, except...
- if a person accepts Jesus salvation.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:24:35 PM

Cool

A lot of things make sense but are not true.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
darklus123

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:01:36 AM

Well, that is your idea. Sometimes you have to get the idea in order for you to understand or atleast know the possible mysteries that this world have.

Knowing the ideas doesn't mean you have to live with it. You just need to open those doors. You might have no interest on that aspect but(looking for answers for any mystery is just an amazing thing and a part of the real world). Everyone is here for a great purpose not just because you were injected by your father to your mother
darklus123

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:51:34 AM

Everyone?

What is your great purpose?

The purpose i have choosed is to help homeless people in my place in my own little ways (its either giving food to them or making them smile)

Seriously, our purpose is to provide genetic diversity to our species.
ahmm, how about those who doesn't have capabilities to contribute?

Some of us make significant contributions to arts, science or engineering while others are here to do exactly what you suggested, pass their genes to the next generation.
I agree on this one

BTW, the idea (feeling) of 'God' changes over time.  The more you know about how the world works the less 'God' ideas you need to fill the gaps in your knowledge.  
Still can't agree with this one Roll Eyes , the more humans discovers something just leads to another looping questions or shall I say a new discoveries would leads us to new mysteries

Eventually, you reach a point where the idea of God becomes ridiculous
Go back to me when  we die and you have proved it.
Astargath

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:15:30 AM

Everyone?

What is your great purpose?

The purpose i have choosed is to help homeless people in my place in my own little ways (its either giving food to them or making them smile)

Seriously, our purpose is to provide genetic diversity to our species.
ahmm, how about those who doesn't have capabilities to contribute?

Some of us make significant contributions to arts, science or engineering while others are here to do exactly what you suggested, pass their genes to the next generation.
I agree on this one

BTW, the idea (feeling) of 'God' changes over time.  The more you know about how the world works the less 'God' ideas you need to fill the gaps in your knowledge.  
Still can't agree with this one Roll Eyes , the more humans discovers something just leads to another looping questions or shall I say a new discoveries would leads us to new mysteries

Eventually, you reach a point where the idea of God becomes ridiculous
Go back to me when  we die and you have proved it.

It's true, the more science discovers, the more ridiculous religions look. We got rid of witches and possessions a long time ago, science proved those things were not real, just like the earth wasn't flat and other ridiculous things that are said in the bible.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
darklus123

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:00:08 PM

It's true, the more science discovers, the more ridiculous religions look. We got rid of witches and possessions a long time ago, science proved those things were not real, just like the earth wasn't flat and other ridiculous things that are said in the bible.

If you are going to read my above post. I am now not talking about the god of any type of religion. I am now talking about the god that Einstein believed in, which is more sensible IMO.

I agree, witchcraft are proven by science and basically most of the scientists favors the facts. Ridiculously speaking is that even the greatest scientists believes in a god(not the god by religion) and have already concluded that it is impossible for us humans to prove whether there is or there isn't a being.

Therefore, I consider atheism as no difference with any other type of religion since this type of belief only covers the absence of physical evidences by the god that other religions believed in
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:27:51 PM

If you are going to read my above post. I am now not talking about the god of any type of religion. I am now talking about the god that Einstein believed in, which is more sensible IMO.

I agree, witchcraft are proven by science and basically most of the scientists favors the facts. Ridiculously speaking is that even the greatest scientists believes in a god(not the god by religion) and have already concluded that it is impossible for us humans to prove whether there is or there isn't a being.

Therefore, I consider atheism as no difference with any other type of religion since this type of belief only covers the absence of physical evidences by the god that other religions believed in

If you read the thread, Scientific proof that God exists? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.0, you will see that Astargath is simply opposed to the idea of God. God could walk right up to him and give him a $million, or slap him in the face, or heal all his ills, or anything else, and still Astargath wouldn't accept that God exists.

Cool

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 07:49:10 PM

Actually, the existence of God has been proven.

Obvious lie.  

To prove something you have to test it repeatedly with the same results.

The god you have chosen forbids you to test him in any way.

Your personal religion is all about dishonesty/fraud/pedophilia.  There are many others to choose from.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: