Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀🚀🚀🚀 | GorillaBucks | Custom Multipool LIVE | Social Media Network | 💵🐵💵  (Read 133302 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:02:29 AM

Just got home from the conference. New blockchain worked flawlessly while I was gone

For those who are still pissed off, you will be happy to know that masternodes will be cheap enough for pretty much everyone to afford one if they want it
Regardless of coin, for any coin that that offers staking and MN. Would you say that a MN would be more profitable than staking ?

It depends how many masternodes there are. If it takes you longer to get a payment through that than it does through staking, then yes, because we are going to use a 50/50 split
Well, based on the BW it will use among a few other small factors. Not including the required coin, I could run one off my VPS and a few from home off the diff laptops I have running 24/7 for various things.

To be decided...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 06:04:28 AM

Just got home from the conference. New blockchain worked flawlessly while I was gone

For those who are still pissed off, you will be happy to know that masternodes will be cheap enough for pretty much everyone to afford one if they want it
Regardless of coin, for any coin that that offers staking and MN. Would you say that a MN would be more profitable than staking ?

It depends how many masternodes there are. If it takes you longer to get a payment through that than it does through staking, then yes, because we are going to use a 50/50 split
Well, based on the BW it will use among a few other small factors. Not including the required coin, I could run one off my VPS and a few from home off the diff laptops I have running 24/7 for various things.

I will explain how to load multiple nodes on one machine once the coin is out there. I'm sure there are guides on it somewhere, but basically you just need to force each client to use a different datadir and port with a .bat. It's pretty easy to do

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:08:36 AM

I will explain how to load multiple nodes on one machine once the coin is out there. I'm sure there are guides on it somewhere, but basically you just need to force each client to use a different datadir and port with a .bat. It's pretty easy to do
That's cool. That being said I still probably wouldnt do more than two to a machine based on other required usage. But yam with that in mind I could conceivably run about ~6 MN's out of my house. Even got a rPi sitting around I could put one of but would fear the disk being eat up from all the I/O unless it could be set in a way to use the stick for OS and a USB external on the USB ports for all the I/O.

To be decided...
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:12:16 AM

If you don't like that condition, then don't sign up. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do regarding verifying customers. It's the least invasive way to comply with all AML and KYC laws

I'm open to other suggestions on this, but it will take a bit for me to verify that a different method is legally acceptable. You can be as detracted from it as you want, but my hands are tied on this; identity needs to be verified in some acceptable form

You need to identify people because you effectively sell them the coins on the private key. Probably there is no other way.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 06:12:24 AM

That's cool. That being said I still probably wouldnt do more than two to a machine based on other required usage. But yam with that in mind I could conceivably run about ~6 MN's out of my house. Even got a rPi sitting around I could put one of but would fear the disk being eat up from all the I/O unless it could be set in a way to use the stick for OS and a USB external on the USB ports for all the I/O.

Pis, while efficient, are not reliable long-term for staking. It's not the Pi itself that has issues; SD cards are not made to handle as much data as a blockchain truly passes as often as it does. People will discover this on their own soon enough, which is why we stopped our major work with the Pi nearly 8 months ago now

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 06:14:27 AM

If you don't like that condition, then don't sign up. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do regarding verifying customers. It's the least invasive way to comply with all AML and KYC laws

I'm open to other suggestions on this, but it will take a bit for me to verify that a different method is legally acceptable. You can be as detracted from it as you want, but my hands are tied on this; identity needs to be verified in some acceptable form

You need to identify people because you effectively sell them the coins on the private key. Probably there is no other way. It wouldn't be the way I would do it.

Yep, that is the main reason. And trust me, I 100% understand not wanting to do it, but we all have a really short leash to do things and be compliant; it needs to be done one way or another and this way there is no money at stake until you load the key and send it to yourself, plus it will verify you without asking for ID's to verify your address

My ideas have always found their way around this scene a few months after I do them. I expect other companies will copy this method soon enough since it works so well. They may not send private keys, but rather a code you must enter to verify physical receipt. It's easier than sending me your passport to get your key in email

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:41:36 AM

Pis, while efficient, are not reliable long-term for staking. It's not the Pi itself that has issues; SD cards are not made to handle as much data as a blockchain truly passes as often as it does. People will discover this on their own soon enough, which is why we stopped our major work with the Pi nearly 8 months ago now
Even if it was in a way that all the read n write was done to a USB drive (actual drive, not thumb) while only using the SD for the OS image, coin client ?

To be decided...
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

any future for this coin ? iam not see huge buy wall  Lips sealed

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 07:01:37 AM

Even if it was in a way that all the read n write was done to a USB drive (actual drive, not thumb) while only using the SD for the OS image, coin client ?

That would last longer, in my opinion. Obviously just make many backups of the wallet or just copy private keys. Then if your storage fails, it doesn't really make a difference except a resync

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:20:53 AM

That would last longer, in my opinion. Obviously just make many backups of the wallet or just copy private keys. Then if your storage fails, it doesn't really make a difference except a resync
So then a client could still be written down the road at some point as a proof of concept.

To be decided...
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:23:20 AM

still not working... wow, what am i doing wrong?

What is your conf named, including file extension?
teeth.conf
so, im just stumped.... should i try saving wallet.dat and wiping everything else out and starting from scratch? i dont think it will make a difference but i must be doing something stupid and the easiest thing is start from the begining i guess...
so i saved my wallet.dat, deleted everything else on the comp... redownloaded 404 for teeth and still cant connect. firewall is good, what am i missing here?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 07:23:47 AM

So then a client could still be written down the road at some point as a proof of concept.

Well you can just set the folder manually using -datadir. You could just set the path to your USB and run the OS off the SD card for faster loads. Then you can copy wallet.dat to both right away, too. It would take like 2 seconds to write a script for backups

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:28:35 AM

Well you can just set the folder manually using -datadir. You could just set the path to your USB and run the OS off the SD card for faster loads. Then you can copy wallet.dat to both right away, too. It would take like 2 seconds to write a script for backups
Hmm, thought the client had to be written a certain way to write to the USB. Would def need digging in to on my part, not much I think though if using raspbian since it does have a GUI to play with since I'm not so hot on the command line.

To be decided...
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:07:26 AM

Does MMXIV do the same "auto split" as 10K did? Is it better to spread the balance over multiple addresses for stake frequency?

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:17:00 AM

This could go without saying but I got raspbian wheezy installed with VNC so I don't have to work directly with the Pi. So probably call it a night there with that and get to work on this tomorrow once I dig out an old laptop HDD and an external case to use on the Pi then I can test with a VARY wallet or something. As long as most of the IO is done to the HDD a Pi in this kind of setup should run for a good long while if the SD is only used for the OS which it should be if the wallet is ran / installed from / to the HDD off of the USB ports.

Only thing would be how to backup the wallet.dat say once a day to a folder which would lead to a folder on my VPS outside the house... forgot what those are called lol but it's like FTP without filezilla but only to a singular folder.

To be decided...
Ricky Petrovich

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:29:32 AM

Just a heads up

Teeth forked around block 26000 and the block explorer is stuck on the wrong fork:

http://teeth.blockexplorer.cc/chain/GorillaTeeth

I wonder how the top ten teeth wallets got so many coins? They were not sold on Bittrex, CC-EX is a joke, probably less than 5k traded hands there.
I guess they were able to game the staking, while the rest of us got .001 stakes. I wonder how in 6 weeks we went from 100k to 350k? With only 2 super
blocks, per 100 blocks? 520 super blocks, created 250k of teeth! Looks like fair distribution to me. NOT!
The block stalled on the 13th-15th of June. I had stakes showing confirms, then became orphans, after having been confirmed. Like the block chain rolled back.
WTF is up with that?

By the way, did anybody notice the dumping pattern at Bittrex with MMXIV? Over the past couple of weeks, someone dumps a bunch. Then uses the BTC to put
up a large buy wall, so other traders put in buys above wall. Then when it gets over 1 BTC, pulls buy order, then dumps! This was repeated numerous times over
the past 2 weeks.

Dennis

DO you really think they gamed it? Pulease, it was  pure luck:
http://teeth.blockexplorer.cc/address/GUDqWGgDnEr56zY4MGQKgjbsULr4XinU5e
http://teeth.blockexplorer.cc/address/GY9jFcTxP6Xn6sBfdG3fPq6Td9odR7DtRD
http://teeth.blockexplorer.cc/address/GSKAgSempBbGjjZcZpydEHtJsRNtRs1nYK
http://teeth.blockexplorer.cc/address/GeHih3JGTNmdur86S6SuA4Bgw32AwmLkd7

For the ones who don't understand what this shows, check the staking blocks on those addresses and behold that, curiously, they are always superblocks. Hmmmmm....

By the way, this is why iGotSpots wants to crunch the four coins. He bought a boatload of Balls and 10k at 1 sat (because he knew before any of us that he was going to merge the two into teeth). This  gave him 30k plus Teeth (34k if i'm not mistaken) But he screwed up the staking system and made it easily gameable and lost that upperhand fast.

Then he created Vary with super low diff for the first gazillion blocks, mined the hell out of it. Its funny the Vary POW rewards are 1 vary and the staking system is flat meaning that you get more if you have lots of small blocks (between 1% and 9% for 1 vary blocks at 10 days of age and this will be from 100% to 900% between blocks 120k and 164k)

So now he has a bunch of Vary, guess what he will do. He will merge the four coins ensuring he gets the largest stash of the new BUCKS. And the four coins will have equal stakes in the merge, because thats really fair.

There I said it.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 09:57:04 AM

Just a heads up

Teeth forked around block 26000 and the block explorer is stuck on the wrong fork:

I wonder how the top ten teeth wallets got so many coins? They were not sold on Bittrex, CC-EX is a joke, probably less than 5k traded hands there.
I guess they were able to game the staking, while the rest of us got .001 stakes. I wonder how in 6 weeks we went from 100k to 350k? With only 2 super
blocks, per 100 blocks? 520 super blocks, created 250k of teeth! Looks like fair distribution to me. NOT!
The block stalled on the 13th-15th of June. I had stakes showing confirms, then became orphans, after having been confirmed. Like the block chain rolled back.
WTF is up with that?

By the way, did anybody notice the dumping pattern at Bittrex with MMXIV? Over the past couple of weeks, someone dumps a bunch. Then uses the BTC to put
up a large buy wall, so other traders put in buys above wall. Then when it gets over 1 BTC, pulls buy order, then dumps! This was repeated numerous times over
the past 2 weeks.

Dennis

DO you really think they gamed it? Pulease, it was  pure luck:

For the ones who don't understand what this shows, check the staking blocks on those addresses and behold that, curiously, they are always superblocks. Hmmmmm....

By the way, this is why iGotSpots wants to crunch the four coins. He bought a boatload of Balls and 10k at 1 sat (because he knew before any of us that he was going to merge the two into teeth). This  gave him 30k plus Teeth (34k if i'm not mistaken) But he screwed up the staking system and made it easily gameable and lost that upperhand fast.

Then he created Vary with super low diff for the first gazillion blocks, mined the hell out of it. Its funny the Vary POW rewards are 1 vary and the staking system is flat meaning that you get more if you have lots of small blocks (between 1% and 9% for 1 vary blocks at 10 days of age and this will be from 100% to 900% between blocks 120k and 164k)

So now he has a bunch of Vary, guess what he will do. He will merge the four coins ensuring he gets the largest stash of the new BUCKS. And the four coins will have equal stakes in the merge, because thats really fair.

There I said it.

None of those addresses are mine, but I like how you cherry pick the same people I saw gaming the system, which is why I pushed this fork through so fast

Ricky Petrovich

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:08:18 AM

Just a heads up

WTF is up with that?

the past 2 weeks.

Dennis

DO you really think they gamed it? Pulease, it was  pure luck:

By the way, this is why iGotSpots wants to crunch the four coins. He bought a boatload of Balls and 10k at 1 sat (because he knew before any of us that he was going to merge the two into teeth). This  gave him 30k plus Teeth (34k if i'm not mistaken) But he screwed up the staking system and made it easily gameable and lost that upperhand fast.

There I said it.

None of those addresses are mine, but I like how you cherry pick the same people I saw gaming the system, which is why I pushed this fork through so fast

Exactly my point. Because you screwed up and enabled some guys to climb the richlist really fast (making you lose your top position) you had to come up with vary and this merge.

Just a question. Why don't you give each coin a ratio in the new BUCKS proportional to their relative market cap. This would be fair to everyone.
AngelLox

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:09:30 AM

Spots wait a sec about the Pi stuff: if i moved my wallets datadir to an external drive there would be no harm right?
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:36:30 AM

Spots wait a sec about the Pi stuff: if i moved my wallets datadir to an external drive there would be no harm right?
The harm with Pi's is about the I/O to the SD card, too much writing to it can burn em out way fast. So using an external USB HDD drive, not a thumb drive, for the data dir where AFAIK all the writing is done can significantly extend the life of any Pi based online wallet setup.

There's always some form of harm though. Just less of one if using an external storage device.

To be decided...
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: