Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:19:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:41:46 PM

No, it’s not going to replace the dollar, or any other fiat currency.

To the extent that it becomes successful, it will serve as a complement to fiat currencies, as well as other cryptocurrencies.

yes currently we also do not think that it will replace USD or any other currency, but it will continue working with them in coordination. but in future when the users of bitcoin will increase too much and when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin then it will become possible that bitcoin will replace Dollar but not so soon.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:01:39 PM

Yes it's possible for bitcoin to replace dollar soon because the growing demand in bitcoin means acceptance in the market and when time comes that all establishment accept bitcoin as s mode of payment it can make dollar disappear.

dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:06:40 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
It's a big no. Dollar is a universal money and we all know that dollar is most powerful currency in the whole world. Besides bitcoin has no a physical coin or tangible coin. And in case if bitcoin will have I don't think it can produce with in 15 years.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:24:42 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Nope. I dont think so because bitcoin is a digital money and we all know that we are living in the world of reality. We must know that in our life we must rely on our reality not on our digital money. And if you cash bitcoin it will turn ito dollar because they didn't have paper or coins for bitcoin reality. So I think doar will not replaced by bitcoin.

Maybe in the next 20-30 years bitcoin will not replace US Dollar but who knows what happens in the future. If everyone had a mobile device with internet access bitcoin, or maybe other crypto, would be a great way of payment. Right now we are far from that, that's right.
In my own opinion i think it will be a very long journey for bitcoin to replace the dollar. Dollar's been there for as far as we can't remember, and still standing very strong. Maybe someday another crypto currency will rise, maybe stronger than bitcoin  but its impossible to replace the Dollar.
Yes agree, it takes a journey and a very long stage, of course must be started with a large user, then transactions between countries that still use the dollar switch to bitcoin. when japan and south korea endorse bitcoin, then this is a good sign, hope other countries soon follow.
It takes a lot of things to only be able to compete with dollars (not replace). It may take a very large adoption where the user has covered the whole world, then there is no problem with bitcoin, etc. It takes a lot of things because the dollar is very strong and difficult to replace
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:37:50 AM

Read the following news:

Nope, I highly doubt. Dollar is a currency and maybe the biggest. It's been used for a long period of time. Its value is more stable xompared to Bitcoin even if it's been used for years. Which is way different to Bitcoin because its market price changes from time to time. Also, Dollar has a physical value and Bitcoin doesn't have. It is not yet possible for Bitcoin to replace dollar, because it is not yet legal to most of the countries.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:39:05 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin will replace Dollar in the near future, but after 50 years or so who knows ? it is possible. Governments and most people nowadays keep using fiat as main currencies and it will need really long time to make crypto currencies as first choice for them.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:59:22 PM

Definitely, bitcoin will never replace dollar, event though bitcoin is getting popular there are still factor that will prevent it from replacing dollar.   Government would be the first one to oppose it to replace their own currency and second would be banks.
Yes you are right, it will never be possible on actual life to replace bitcoin, but on internet bitcoin will definitely replace dollar, I think near in the future all transaction were made through bitcoin, dollar is used just for paying at stalls, the real dealing of car and houses will be through bitcoin soon, because bitcoin is getting more and more expensive day by day.
qiuzhixin15

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:17:54 PM

Read the following news:

Nope, I highly doubt. Dollar is a currency and maybe the biggest. It's been used for a long period of time. Its value is more stable xompared to Bitcoin even if it's been used for years. Which is way different to Bitcoin because its market price changes from time to time. Also, Dollar has a physical value and Bitcoin doesn't have. It is not yet possible for Bitcoin to replace dollar, because it is not yet legal to most of the countries.
Cryptocurrency will explode in value as individuals lose faith in the US dollar.  I really do see bitcoin making it to $50,000 per BTC by the end of 2020 if this happens
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:28:50 PM

Read the following news:

Not even close to be possible especially at this moment wherein it is not yet legal to most of the countries while USD has been used by different countries for a long period of time. And also, USD has a physical market value, which Bitcoin doesn't have. Indeed , bitcoin is rising really fast but it won't be enough to beat big currencies such as USD.

eloymjb

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:34:35 PM

i couldn't imagine that this things will happen .. we think that dollar have stronghold and very popular currency that have in very powerful country ..but if this happen at first you need to do is bitcoin become not only a cryptocurrency .. i dont think if you get my point ..rip bad english ..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:38:38 PM

i couldn't imagine that this things will happen .. we think that dollar have stronghold and very popular currency that have in very powerful country ..but if this happen at first you need to do is bitcoin become not only a cryptocurrency .. i dont think if you get my point ..rip bad english ..
I get you, you mean that bitcoins is not only a cryptocurrency but also to be fiat money to be able to replace over the Dollar right?
I think it will depends because i know that government will either use bitcoins but they will take advantage on it.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:53:48 PM

Dollar is not that strong, but it is commonly used in trading the reason why it is the most common currency. As you have said, bitcoin will never replace dollar, bitcoin is still not widely used in trading.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 05:34:17 PM

Read the following news:

I think no. Maybe bitcoin will just line up with the various type of popular currencies in the world like dollar but it will not replace them. Actually cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and alternate coins are the technological and modern innovation of currency that can be accessed online through the use of internet connection. It just so happen that bitcoin has a greater rate compared to dollars that is why many people think that it will replace dollar soon.  But I think it is not. Because they can still work on together servicing the people worldwide. In fact many people still needs dollars and just got engage to bitcoin to gain more and then will exchange it to fiat in terms of dollars to preferably use on consumption of different products and services offered by business establishments..
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:45:54 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin will replace Dollar in the near future, but after 50 years or so who knows ? it is possible. Governments and most people nowadays keep using fiat as main currencies and it will need really long time to make crypto currencies as first choice for them.
well the importance and the value of the bitcoin is very much high than the dollar and the other currencies and we cannot say that anyone of them can ever replace the other. Bitcoin and the dollar have 3 different qualities and acceptance and the availability. Bitcoin has a very wide plat form and the price that is now using everywhere and people are using dollars for shopping and to buy goods of their need so both are important but the bitcoin is being more important than the dollar these days.
krisnt80

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

It would be more realistic dollar gets their own crypto coin, replacing the dollars and mooving into the future, then we see bitcoin replacing the top currencie used worldwide. But it may happen but dollar would had to crash a lot and bitcoin would reach bigger ammounts, but with the decentralization i believe we would need a fork since new coins should keep being generated, since several people loose some satoshis always.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:52:05 PM

Read the following news:

Cryptocurrency will explode in value as individuals lose faith in the US dollar.  I really do see bitcoin making it to $50,000 per BTC by the end of 2020 if this happens
I think it is not impossible to see the number of bitcoin users is still relatively small but the price has reached $ 4000. maybe when the number of users covers the whole world the price could reach $ 50k. But it will not happen any time soon
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:28:20 AM

Read the following news:

I highly doubt. USD is a big currency, having a physical and expensive market price are big factors. USD is one of the highest currencies because its country is rich. I think, Bitcoin is not yet even close on surpassing Dollar since it is being used by lots of countries and people. It has a large community , as I've said, it is used by lots of countries and Bitcoin is only legal to some countries. Which also means that USD quite on different level.
At present bitcoins are not able to replace dollar but within a score, it will probably happen. Though dollar has strong market reputation but bitcoins too are not less than anyone. They are the king of digital currencies. With little more support and increased common use, bitcoins will stand next to dollar.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:59:27 AM

Read the following news:

I highly doubt. USD is a big currency, having a physical and expensive market price are big factors. USD is one of the highest currencies because its country is rich. I think, Bitcoin is not yet even close on surpassing Dollar since it is being used by lots of countries and people. It has a large community , as I've said, it is used by lots of countries and Bitcoin is only legal to some countries. Which also means that USD quite on different level.
At present bitcoins are not able to replace dollar but within a score, it will probably happen. Though dollar has strong market reputation but bitcoins too are not less than anyone. They are the king of digital currencies. With little more support and increased common use, bitcoins will stand next to dollar.

Numerous devotees still trust that the cryptographic money can outperform fiat monetary standards as the principle method of installment around the globe. Its shortage and the utilization of the blockchain are its characterizing highlights yet it could likewise be it wellspring of shortcoming. Can bitcoin truly supplant the U.S. dollar or different monetary standards sooner or later?

Fiat monetary standards draw their incentive from being sponsored by resources or by national banks. Conversely, bitcoin draws its incentive from shortage in that there are just a set number accessible available for use or from mining operations. Bitcoin is not subject to any adjustment in benefit of fundamental resources, for example, gold or silver, however is supported by the essential market standards of free market activity.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:30:11 AM

I don't think so.
Bitcoin will not replace dollar, but in my opinion bticoin will replace gold as soon as posible Grin Grin

i agree with you yes bitcoin will not replace to dollar because The government will not able to approved .And the only one I believe in future is bitcoin will replace to Gold but it depends on situation and if you have big investement or If you lucky one.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:45:07 AM

I don't think that it will happen, a lot of community groups will strongly opposed that especially banks business. USD currency is considered a world currency being used many years in different countries in making any transactions compared to bitcoin. Yes, I accept that bitcoin is known and became hot topics in internet and local news, but replacing USD with bitcoin be impossible to happen. I can say, maybe bitcoin can surpass USD in online transaction but in local it could be hard because a lot of investors still believe on USD and many doubts with bitcoin currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: