Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people scared of taxes?  (Read 31481 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 02:24:25 PM

lol the only problem with George Galloway is he's an utter pillock but at I suppose the reason it's easy to see is because he's honest about it, I was in such a good mood when I saw how despaired Labour looked about their loss in Bradford Cheesy I'm bad Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jimmy Chang(y)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:27:24 PM

My point is, tax, the idea of it, is a good thing.

Tax is taking money by force. Even if tax money were only used to help people, rather than blow them up, it would still not be a "good thing." Charity is a good thing. Forced charity is not.

We wouldnt need to force it if greedy people like yourself werent getting so irate at losing a few pennies. Your rich, way richer than you think, there are near 7 billion people in the world, I bet your in the top 10%, why you getting so mad at people with less money than you taking some in the form of benefits?

Oh, that's rich. "We wouldn't need to steal if you would stop complaining about our stealing from you."  Roll Eyes

No no, its, 'We wouldn't need to steal if you weren't so greedy'.  Wink

Seriously tho, please explain why your so against taxation even IF the tax's are being used for 'good' I.E not in the pockets of bankers or illegal wars and a myriad of other dumb ideas.

Whats wrong with sharing the wealth?
Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:30:19 PM

lol the only problem with George Galloway is he's an utter pillock but at I suppose the reason it's easy to see is because he's honest about it, I was in such a good mood when I saw how despaired Labour looked about their loss in Bradford Cheesy I'm bad Tongue

Pillock? how dare you! haha I really quite like him, hes no nonsense, calls people out and is very entertaining. I will note hes very good at criticising and not so good at presenting a solution but aren't we all guilty of that ?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 02:31:23 PM

Tax is taking money by force. Even if tax money were only used to help people, rather than blow them up, it would still not be a "good thing." Charity is a good thing. Forced charity is not.

We wouldnt need to force it if greedy people like yourself werent getting so irate at losing a few pennies. Your rich, way richer than you think, there are near 7 billion people in the world, I bet your in the top 10%, why you getting so mad at people with less money than you taking some in the form of benefits?

Oh, that's rich. "We wouldn't need to steal if you would stop complaining about our stealing from you."  Roll Eyes

Seriously tho, please explain why your so against taxation even IF the tax's are being used for 'good' I.E not in the pockets of bankers or illegal wars and a myriad of other dumb ideas.

That it's being done by force. If I hold a gun to your head, and take your money to pay for my grandmother's surgery, does that make the robbery OK?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:32:36 PM

I've got to give Nick Clegg credit though if that's who you meant, the tax break for £10,000 earners was a great idea, the poor should never be taxed heavily if at all, they probably had to fight the neo-conservatives tooth and nail to get it passed.

If you're going to tax, *everyone* should be taxed. We can argue the amounts and flat vs sliding rate but everyone should have some skin in the game.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:38:57 PM

And the case that I explained for private doctors is precisely the situation which exists for private schools. They are quite expensive,

Though often spend less per child than public schools.

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 02:52:40 PM by Jimmy Chang(y)

Oh, that's rich. "We wouldn't need to steal if you would stop complaining about our stealing from you."  Roll Eyes

That it's being done by force. If I hold a gun to your head, and take your money to pay for my grandmother's surgery, does that make the robbery OK?

Charming way too put it, if it were to be like how you say, no, it would not make it ok.

However, it is not like that, so not a problem. Is it stealing? Sure, if you want to argue semantics you can conclude it is indeed stealing.

So what? Since when is stealing such a big deal?(If you quote me the 10 holy commandments il cry) You want to steal from me to benefit society, sure. You want to steal from me for an 8 ball of coke, fuck you.

If it is used correctly, in a way so that it can combat societies problems, sure, sign me up.

Now of course its not like this, so yeah, I fucking hate paying taxes to fund bullshit, but that does not make tax, or in my ideal, what tax should be about, wrong. We just need to get it working properly.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 02:44:28 PM

I've got to give Nick Clegg credit though if that's who you meant, the tax break for £10,000 earners was a great idea, the poor should never be taxed heavily if at all, they probably had to fight the neo-conservatives tooth and nail to get it passed.

If you're going to tax, *everyone* should be taxed. We can argue the amounts and flat vs sliding rate but everyone should have some skin in the game.

Do you know how much the poor and particularly the middle class get screwed over by governments throughout history? You should go and research it.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:50:30 PM

Anyone remember when the US government took twenty billion dollars of taxpayer's money, (obtained by threat of imprisonment), converted it into cash, stuck it on a palette, flew it to Iraq and then lost it?

I laughed and laughed   Angry

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 02:52:30 PM

And the case that I explained for private doctors is precisely the situation which exists for private schools. They are quite expensive,
You mean, something which operates in the free market has to keep costs low?  Shocked

Charming way too put it, if it were to be like how you say, no, it would not make it ok.

However, it is not like that, so not a problem. Is it stealing? Sure, if you want to argue semantics you can conclude it is indeed stealing.
How is it not "like that"? Does the government not have guns? If you fail to pay taxes, do they not use them?

So what? Since when is stealing such a big deal?(If you quote me the 10 holy commandments il cry)
This is worth an entire post by itself, but at the root, it all comes down to Self-ownership.

You want to steal from me to benefit society, sure. You want to steal from me for an 8 ball of coke, fuck you.
Wait, I thought you just said that stealing to help my grandmother would not be OK? So, which is it, you can steal if you want to help people, or you can't?

If it is used correctly, in a way so that it can combat societies problems, sure, sign me up.
You know, it's funny. I never hear about international charities blowing up families in the desert. But organizations that get their funding by taking it from people against their will, those organizations do blow up people. You don't suppose that might be because those charities would lose funding if they did?

Now of course its not like this, so yeah, I fucking hate paying tax's to fund bullshit, but that does not make tax, or in my ideal, what tax should be about, wrong. We just need to get it working properly.
Yeah, by taking the force out of the equation.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:57:51 PM

You mean, something which operates in the free market has to keep costs low?  Shocked

How is it not "like that"? Does the government not have guns? If you fail to pay taxes, do they not use them?

So what? Since when is stealing such a big deal?(If you quote me the 10 holy commandments il cry) You want to steal from me to benefit society, sure. You want to steal from me for an 8 ball of coke, fuck you.
Wait, I thought you just said that stealing to help my grandmother would not be OK? So, which is it, you can steal if you want to help people, or you can't?

You know, it's funny. I never hear about international charities blowing up families in the desert. But organizations that get their funding by taking it from people against their will, those organizations do blow up people. You don't suppose that might be because those charities would lose funding if they did?

Now of course its not like this, so yeah, I fucking hate paying tax's to fund bullshit, but that does not make tax, or in my ideal, what tax should be about, wrong. We just need to get it working properly.

No, the government does not point a gun at my head if I don't pay taxes. I go to court, then I would go to jail. So it is not like how you are trying to describe it. You are sensationalising what happens to try and steer away from the main point here, which is:

You do not want to pay taxes because you are greedy.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:58:15 PM

Yes. Plus when you say "They are quite expensive", that is only a perception brought about because the costs of public school are invisible to the people who pay for it and diluted to the people who benefit from it. That's not even including the indirect costs, of course.

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:59:33 PM

Also, I just want to make it clear, again, if it is not already clear enough; I do not think current taxation policies are effective, they are useless, my point is tax is not inherently wrong as you keep claiming it to be.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:01:17 PM

No, the government does not point a gun at my head if I don't pay taxes. I go to court, then I would go to jail. So it is not like how you are trying to describe it. You are sensationalising what happens to try and steer away from the main point here, which is:

What if I don't want to go to court? What if I don't want to go to jail?

Oh, this is pointless. What year of school are you in right now?

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:04:11 PM

Also, I just want to make it clear, again, if it is not already clear enough; I do not think current taxation policies are effective, they are useless, my point is tax is not inherently wrong as you keep claiming it to be.

That is not a point, it's an un-backed assertion. Also, your "greedy" accusation is an ad-hominem and will rightly be disregarded by anyone with a degree of sense (though I do have to confess that accusations of communism will make me chuckle).

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:06:11 PM

No, the government does not point a gun at my head if I don't pay taxes. I go to court, then I would go to jail.
What happens if you don't want to go?

It's not greed to not want to be robbed.

It's telling that you decided not to respond to these points:

To say nothing of "self-ownership."

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:07:25 PM

What if I don't want to go to court? What if I don't want to go to jail?

Oh, this is pointless. What year of school are you in right now?

I haven't been to school for a number of years, thanks for being condescending though.

You don't want to go to court? The police come and find me and take me, or your on the run. I'm not from America so the threat of guns is not really an issue, still, I don't like jail.

You should try to think more globally, the world isn't just America.

You claim taxes are wrong, because its stealing.

I claim your talking horse shit and the only reason you are bothering to spout it is because your greedy, you want more than you have. If you weren't, you'd see the potential benefit of a tax system which helps those who need it.
Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:11:09 PM

That is not a point, it's an un-backed assertion. Also, your "greedy" accusation is an ad-hominem and will rightly be disregarded by anyone with a degree of sense (though I do have to confess that accusations of communism will make me chuckle).

Please explain how it's not 'greed' I would love to hear it? I dont mean it to be insulting, those who aren't greedy wont be insulted I am sure.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:13:27 PM

I claim your talking horse shit and the only reason you are bothering to spout it is because your greedy, you want more than you have. If you weren't, you'd see the potential benefit of a tax system which helps those who need it. 

There's this thing called charity and trust funds you know Tongue an invention by evil capitalists
Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:16:33 PM

No, the government does not point a gun at my head if I don't pay taxes. I go to court, then I would go to jail.
What happens if you don't want to go?

It's not greed to not want to be robbed.

It's telling that you decided not to respond to these points:

To say nothing of "self-ownership."

I didn't reply to them because they are totally irrelevant to what i'm saying. Your talk of international charities is a strawman,  no thanks.

Explain to me why robbery is so bad?

Self ownership? Sounds like an off shoot of some Rand bullshit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: